ITT: Real panels that would never be printed today

ITT: Real panels that would never be printed today

Anything with any sort of quality

*snort*

Ok, that made me laugh

kek modern comics btfo

Go to bed Diversity and comics, you gotta keep your energy for those 60 videos about nothing you make a day.

all phoneposters should be killed

>only one of those has a phone filename
Are you a mongoloid? Green Arrow would think so.

>picked one of my posts but not the other

kek

Really these posts would only prove that comics have always been this way. It's us that has changed.

filename's not the only way of telling

I only selected one per user, not every post made by that person

anyway, please die

>filename's not the only way of telling
Right, but you also tagged me and I'm on my laptop

Good Guy Superman will always be bettar than grim dark superman.

you're right, meant to get the guy below you

And I'm on a PC but as I understand it it's a slur for reddit users. Which I'm not either. I just like reading old comics and saving stuff I find funny.

Flashes have always been conservative until very recently.

Just change it to "heroic crusade against white men" and you're good to go.

If someone thought someone obviously not knowing much English being evident from their speech was racist, I'll eat my

Why would Arrow even highlight his blackness if he didn't mean for him to be a token black?

So disappointed in you all.

The racist part was the obvious yellow coloring bro.

You should've used the one where he's in Israel and is trying to tell the Zionist superhero to shut up about it.

quit your whitesplaining

Can't believe Busiek wrote this and now his Twitter handle is "Kurt Busiek Resists."

Cap supported Black Panther joining the Avengers way back in the late-60s.

If anything, the legit critique of Cap is how *progressive* he was portrayed for being a kid from the 1930s.

>all religions are horrified by the holocaust
Was this before people knew about Islam?

Stop posting this in every thread you absolute faggot

FTFY
I didn't know who to use for GL.

I wish Pie would come back, I like the Silver Age stories with him

didn't people complain about captain marvel being racist back then? I recall reading some school kids wrote a petition about it or something.

I wished he punched her out for that shit, even "niggers" are better than filthy disgusting muties

"I just meant I was excited to make a black friend so I could have somebody to fuck Dinah while I watch, that's all! Christ, Barry, do you think I'm some kind of racist?"

He did mean for him to be a token black.

He's just angry that Flash called him out on it instead of immediately backing down and letting him have his way.

Didn't one writer have Peter say something to the effect that he was embarrassed about being such a retard when he did this or something?

Felicity tbqh

Isnt he the son of irish immigrants...in the 1930s?

Yea Caps black

Yep.
>I read Ayn Rand in college. Even yelled at protestors. God I hate myself.

Yes. Ewing. And it was out of character and stupid. Those protesters were stupid as fuck and all of his friends agreed.

It's not even a diversity in comics thing.
People have been mourning Carol's transformation from attractive and feminine heroine to masculine bull dyke long before that guy started doing his videos.

Also the time he got white guilt because he was beating up Asian criminals... in Asia.

>I wish he punched her out for that.

And how, pray tell, would he successfully do that, given her powers?

Is that Carl? Wearing a SUIT?

>mfw people kept telling me how Homecoming felt like a "classic" Ditko/Lee-era story

Peter didn't have the rage in that movie that he had in those comics. Like every time Flash was bullying him his inner monologue was just "Laugh it up, asshole. One wrong move and your head will be so far up your own ass that you'll be eating your breakfast again".

But, we can't let our heroes have any flaws or biases or preferences anymore.

But Flash, Harry, and Gwen were definitely young Republicans. Jock who signed up to fight in Vietnam because he wanted to be a hero for his country, guy born into wealth, and daughter of a cop.

>Kitty Pryde will never call you a nigger

Why wouldn't it be shown? He's clearly uncomfortable and against it.

I dunno, Japan still won't give up on the long hair, and if there was ever a country for tomboy fetishists...

>Villain is racist

Definitely printed.

True, though Joker would probably do three haram things upon arriving.

True

He's Canadian, not a Jew, isn't he? Depends who spoke this line. If it's one of the villains who hates Magneto, then a slur is allowed because they'll probably be smeared in a couple of pages.

?

If they didn't put it in bold, go for it.

Puritan costumes and skimpy costumes will probably go in and out of style consistently to be fair.

That's fair enough, but only because they look like they have liver failure due to an overingestion of fake tan.

It'd work for a spoof

Wouldn't get printed, but I'd genuinely love to see someone attempt that, and watch what happens after.

I could actually see this getting printed. Not with Stark as the mouthpiece, but with a government faceless man doing it.

I could see it more as Magneto's line, but again it could get printed, albeit it would depend on the context of the storyline and not a Sealab style throwaway gag.

If cap was actually portrayed as an irish immigrant from pre civil rights movement America, this could work. However, he appears to be a more empathetic sort, due to his status.

>Mutants out

Is he at the wrong protest, or is this another Marvel civilians being dicks moment?

Huh, I forgot how angry Ditko Peter used to be.

It'd feel great.

Amazing Peter was more like Ditko/Lee Peter in that regard.

That was Slott. It doesn't count.

Well, if he surprised her, he obviously could. Maybe she wasn't expecting it.

Someone's got a bone to pick.

I always read this in Michelle Ruff's voice

Honestly by that metric nothing since the buyout should count.

>We [Cockrum and Stan Lee] went round and round about Ms. Marvel’s costume, too. Remember she started with a female version of Captain Marvel’s costume only with an open belly, and we all bitched about that because none of us could figure a rationale for it. So they closed the belly opening, but we said, ‘No, she needs another costume.’ We hassled Stan about it for so long that he said, ‘All right! If you think you’re so smart, design a new one.’ And I must have gone through 50 designs! Some of ’em I would xerox and try out in different colors, and Stan would go, ‘No, no, no, no! Get that out of here.” Finally I did the one with the lightning bolt and sash, and I took it to Stan who said, ‘That’s what you should have done from the start! That’s what I like: Shiny leather and tits & ass!”

>Huh, I forgot how angry Ditko Peter used to be.
That second one is from Romita and on the next page Peter monologues about how guilty he feels for losing his cool because he ultimately agrees with them but disagrees with their methods. But yes, Ditko Peter was just a few bad days from turning into a school shooter.

Cap is a moral paragon though

Which is why he was at the head of AvX, right?

Cap's no Superman, boyo. He can be a real piece of shit when he wants to be. Remember that he canonically supports torture.

>taking anything post-House of M to heart

One day Marvel won't be trash...

>Remember that he canonically supports torture.
There's nothing wrong with waterboarding terrorists.

In addition to being hugless and kissless, high school Peter didn't even have any male friends. Sure, he solved the girlfriend problem quickly enough, and Human Torch became Spidey's pal, but Peter himself didn't really solve the no-friends problem until college (and even then he, Harry, and Flash started out on bad terms).

Peter "School Shooter" Parker everyone.

Kitty is Jewish. She knows better than to let her guard down around Blacks.

I'm betting it's the same guy who feels the need to attack people for using what he calls "reddit spaces," and which everyone else calls "line breaks."

>One day Marvel won't be trash...
Wishful thinking. They'll never be free while the Mouse lives, and the Mouse will never die. The best you can hope for is a string of movie failures leading them to shutter the studio and mothball the property. At this point there's literally no better possible future for Marvel than being taken out behind the shed.

Glad to see we're on the same wavelength.

indeed

O_O

DC characters lack an appreciation for feminine penis.

Meanwhile at mid-00s Marvel MAX

Now here's a guy who can appreciate a trap.

At least until he finds out.

This was only 9 years ago though.

>can't even find three different boogymen to show so he has to put someone completely unrelated in the bottom right to fill it out

Superman likes Dick, this is well established.

thanks for making the thread more obnoxious to read because your dumb fuck opinions are so goddamn important that every single post in the thread needs to have your worthless opinions tacked on you shitdick cunt whore

It was a quick Google images search. There are loads of other images. If you seriously thing Muslim antisemitism is a boogyman, then I've got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.

>She'll always be Captain Marvel

The anti-bully rant by Zac Efrom in 17 again is basically my vision of live action peter/Harry/flash dynamic
>peter gets bullied by flash
>peter's shy so he doesn't stick up for himself
>Harry defends him with educated insults
>peter models his spider persona after him, but more wisecracks

>so you wear a vest
Fucking gold

Well no shit. Everyone in DC likes Dick.
Originally Final Crisis was going to revolve around Dick dying because everyone who was anyone (and some who weren't) had encountered Dick before and remembered it fondly.

Think that was just Infinite Crisis Johns convinced Didio to use Superboy as a sacrifice instead.

...mother of fuck that's brilliant

It wouldn't be published today... Because the coloring process is better, and that's it.
There is a huge back and forth in the letters pages of 70's MoKF on this topic. The limitation of the system made it difficult to do anything subtle.

So when Xavier gets inevitably revived he's gonna be black this time, right?