DUDE OBNOXIOUS LAUGHING COMIC RELIEF FROM ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE

DUDE OBNOXIOUS LAUGHING COMIC RELIEF FROM ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE

>WHY ISN'T MY CAPESHIT SERIOUS!?!?!? WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Drax was one of the best parts of the movie.

Go back to Sup Forums.

Indie comics will save us!
>>Hurr, I'm Turd Fucker, and I'm gonna go fuck all the cunts!

You mean the character introduced and given characterization in the movie to which this is a sequel, and who participates significantly in this film before the aforementioned scene?

Am I understanding correctly?

>Dave Batista has a lucrative film career

If you'd told me ten years ago he would be in a movie that wasn't direct to dvd i would have tried to have you committed

No OP is right, they turned him into pure cringe half the time.

It is insane how he kinda just snuck into movies as he did.

Is he good in anything else? Drax is a good role for him, but it feels more like a role suited to his skills than Batista being the best actor.

He did a good job in Spectre, though he was basically just the silent muscle.

Apparently he's gonna be in the new Bladerunner

Just a reminder that this was Drax's biggest contribution in Infinity Gauntlet.

Guardians 2 is one of the worst MCU films in my opinion. It's not awful but I think it's a definite misstep

Good for him, he's really open that he'll never go back to WWE as long as Vince is still in charge.

It's not perfect, but I'd hardly call it one of the worst.

Especially when you have both Thors, Ironman 2, and Dr. Strange to a lesser extent.

I feel GotG 2 is weaker overall than 1, but I thought it was still pretty good once it hit its stride.

I don't really watch wrestling, but isn't that all part of the act?

DID YOU LAUGH AT THAT JOKE SOMEONE JUST SAID/DID?

MAKE SURE YOU'RE LAUGHING NOW.
THIS IS A FUNNY PART.

>absolutely nowhere

But that's wrong, Drax's over-the-top humor in this film was following up on the last film.

>Dr. Strange

Haha funny easter egg, shock the audience, rape Batman in prison.

I personally thought Dr. Strange was kinda weak.

It had potential, the other world looked cool, but they never gave you time to really soak it in. Whenever they were there, it was always an action sequence so you never really got to appreciate the visuals.

Inception for instance gave you moments to actually enjoy the reality bending stuff.

Fuck Snyder for killing Jimmy like that, I wanted him in a Man of Steel sequel that we know would've been lighter in tone

I agree, especially how they have a 2 minute psychedelic CGI dump to show Strange magic and then the rest is just orange sparks and a time reverse rock

Well Flashpoint might bring him back I guess, maybe. Hard to say I suppose, would they try to humanize Clark by giving him normal group of friends or coworkers? If they're all about the spectacle they might think, why waste that screen-time.

>Jimmy Olsen
>Killed off in BvS for no reason
>BLACKED in Supergirl
Why does DC hate him so much

Dr. Strange was a solid movie. The cast (who NO ONE had faith in) delivered, the theme was unique to the MCU and actually came with a somewhat thought provoking moral dilemna, and on top of that it was filled with twists going against the modern superhero genre to an almost meta degree.

It's not the best cape film or even the best MCU film if you look at it objectively, but pairing it with the likes of the Thor movies just because it isn't Inception (which is and entirely different movie no matter how you look at it) isn't very fair to the piece.

My favorite part of the movie was when Drax was talking about his daughter and then just got really quiet and stared across the field. Then mantis touches him and starts crying with no extra dialogue in the scene. I love Guardians 2's sprinkled character moments.

>people legitimately trying to hate on GotG
man you guys are getting desperate

But reddit..

They have to stay darker.

I wasn't straight up comparing it to Inception, just in regards to the otherworld scenes

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its BAD, I'm just saying I think its one of the weaker MCU movies.

Oh right, I'd put Age of Ultron below it, I forgot to mention that one.

thats a really good scene but my favorite is still the daddy scene

That's what made him work as a character. He's serious about everything, so when something is related to actual tragedy he can relate to, he becomes immediately somber.

Bautista just seems so genuine in the role too.

Mine was when the villain off-handedly says he gave starlord's mom brain cancer to his neglected, kidnapped, still-heartbroken over his mom's death son.

Wow a bad guy named Ego is Egotistical.

Aw yes, the kind of expert analysis that Sup Forums is renowned for...

Bautista is definitely not someone I would have pegged for good character acting.

Yeah, that didn't make any fucking sense. One of the things I disliked about GotG 2 is that it felt like they had to write Ego badly in order to have a villain to fight.

I dunno, it makes sense.

Ego is so egotistical that he feels everything he does is justified.

He's pointless/redundant in modern stories

What I mean is Ego didn't have to be a bad guy. He was a Saturday morning cartoon villain. Peter also didn't really get a chance to have a debate or any real action between Ego filling his head with that stuff and hearing about his mother's brain tumor. The tumor thing, by the way, was a huge forced point meant to break Peter out of his reverie, and it lost a lot of emotional weight because of that, and because Ego didn't explain why because there was no other reason than a way for Peter to break out of Ego's mindfuck.
He could have been a lot more nuanced and we could have seen some real dialogue between him and Ego and the rest of the Guardians, but it felt like they didn't want Ego to be anything more than a punching bag.
I just felt he was evil for the sake of the plot, because otherwise Peter might actually choose to stay with him and do whatever it is he wanted.

Shut up Zack

arf arf arf ahm a potatoe man

Eh, why not? He's a better actor than the Rock.

>people have an opinion
>Stop hating!

Quit being a faggot

I just rewatched it tonight and thought, "How come Ego doesn't wait x

He already waited thousands of years and didn't want to wait another 100 just to see if child #8672 would pan out or be a dud like the rest?

He knows Peter would work. He's waited thousands of years and been around for millions, what's another century to make sure your plan doesn't get fucked?

He highly suspected but didn't know for sure.
>what's another century
It's another full century of tedium among lesser beings.

He's a redhead. Same goes for Wally.

Why did Ego even need help getting to sleep?

Never seen a movie with an aspergers syndrome kid?

I actually prefered Vol 2 to the original.
Smaller more personal stakes

To ease his conscience.

Mantis said he stays awake, thinking about his kids. Even though he literally is the personification of ego, a part of him really does regret killing his offspring and more than anything for murdering Meredith, who he genuinely did love.

The thing that confused me is that if Ego is a celestial, why were peters extra human abilities contingent on Ego being alive?
Killing a celestial is pretty cool though, i wish they had dropped some more exposition about that.

He claims to be. I think personally that Peter is going to redevelop them likely in GOTG 3.

Liar. He marathoned I Love Lucy, too.

From start to finish, nearly all the dialogue is one character talking down to another.
It's the worst of the lot.

yep, definitely desperate

He's an adreline junky; the leader of a bike gang and was once Dagon; married to a gorilla and a neanderthal. His thug Yando shot Supes with a kryptonite pistol. Jimmy's too much edge for the light hearted pansies at DC and not sutable for the kid-friendly image they want to project.
Also he'd pull too many bitches and make Batman look like a faggot.

>The cast (who NO ONE had faith in)

What a lying fucking cunt you are.

For immortals a century is like waiting a day. Good fantasy really represents that concept well with devils and other long lifed entities. Time becomes meaningless, and endless patience becomes a facet of life.

He did explain why he killed her. So that he wouldn't lose sight of his ultimate goal. He was about to care more for someone other than himself, which of course, isn't egotistical.

Imagine being in a room with children. Loud children, who won't calm down for anything. They have their seemingly petty squabbles, their pointless arguments, and you have no way of leaving.
>but it's only for a day, brah.

>When you're ugly and someone loves you, you know they love you for who you are.

Did this hit anyone else in the feels?

No because I have self esteem

Lil bit
Yeah this is what I hope.
Maybe it will be a plot point in Infinity War.
They had to kill Yondu, but I wish they didn't

Ego is a textbook narcissist, he genuinely didn't think he didn't do anything wrong

I like that scene because immediately after Mantis is ready to tell them what's really going on.
Without ever having to spell it out you realize she's never felt loss until then and now she knows what Ego has been doing is bad