Are they right?

Are they right?

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/the-new-ducktales-is-a-perfect-example-of-how-todays-ca-1797615776
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>kotaku
/thread

>Kotaku
Fuck you
>Best they've ever been
We are literally in a cartoon dark age.

>Kotaku

even when they're right, they're wrong.

Rehashes and reboots are not indicative of the best of anything.

>Kotaku
Fuck you, op.

I don't know, haven't see DuckTales yet. Do you have anything to add or do you actually think a thread just with a Kotaku headline is a good thread?

Well, we're Sup Forums so we have to disagree. Time to start hating on DuckTales for petty and stupid reasons.

Kotaku blows OP and the title is clickbait, but I haven't seen it yet, so I can't weigh in.

>cartoons are the best they have ever been

Is the author joking?

The article was actually an io9 piece. This is just bait.

the medium is held back by TV, once studios stifling creativity finally die, we will enter a golden age.

Even though I actually am looking forward to the new DuckTales, there are barely any other cartoons I've enjoyed from the past five years. Only a few more if you go back ten years.

>today's cartoons are the best
Teen Titans Go

Are you fucking kidding? DuckBoot is one of the WORST examples to use to bolster the argument that we're in the middle of some sort of cartoon renaissance.

No.

I think she's stoned.

I haven't read the article but I bet it's something about how since the cartoons now are using minority VA's that's why they are the best now

>Reminder that one of the directors regularly tweets lib politics shit like attending Planned Parenthood functions with her bf Alex Hirsch and LGBT pride bullshit and that this will likely be reflected in DuckBoot as Carl Barks slowly rolls over in his grave

Wow, this picture is...
Fuck, he looks like he's having a good time, and that hipster chick is hella cute.

why did alex trade in what he had for this, again

So which one of the nephews is gay?

Is it the green one?

What did he have before?

Because they got along better and were generally happier together maybe?

Same reason most people change their relationships I assume.

I grew up with 80's cartoons and I have to admit that in terms of stuff like writing, pace, art direction and such modern cartoons are superior in every way to the stuff from my own childhood.

Even the best shit we had still looked like stilted garbage moving at 3 reused frames per second with the most phoned in voice acting imaginable and it was only the fact that you had nothing at the time to compare it to that made it tolerable.

Huh, so you were right.

Answer I need to know

Still up and getting non-saged replies, so yeah, seems to work fine.

>contrarians are going to hate this show because some hipster clickbait site said it was good

Lawdy lawdy. All signs point to this show taking a lot more inspiration from the comics so I'm expecting good things. And without looking I'm going to bet the Kotaku fucks have never read a duck comic and say nothing about them.

So who's watching tomorrow? Will you watch a stream at midnight EDT when it comes out or wait a few minutes for the rip from the app? Or both?

Here's my fool-proof way of knowing if a modern cartoon is shit or not
>#1: Is anyone from CalArts involved?
>If yes, it's fucking shit. If no, see #2
>#2: Is it Canadian?
>If yes, it's fucking shit. If no, it's probably worth a watch.

DuckTales fails at #1.

>taking more inspiration from the comics
Why do I keep reading this despite also reading that Scrooge is even nicer/waterered-down than in the original DuckTales? It's like Heath Ledger's Joker all over again--know-nothing casuals read some quote about how it's a more faithful take on the original material, when it's absolutely, unquestionably not.

>hella

Well, Ren & Stimpy was created by a canuck. Does it fail at #2?

Eh, the fact that they are making it their own thing doesn't bug me. If I want comic Scrooge I'll read the comics - they still exist and are still badass.

If this is good enough to stand on its own merits as a cartoon then I'll enjoy it for what it is.

>modern cartoon
Calling out my own reading comprehension fail before anyone else has the chance to

Cartoons peaked in the 90's and have been going downhill ever since. Writing and pacing have gotten even worse, unless you like vague mysteries and shipper faggotry.

>hella
Fuck off.

>He didn't seem bothered by , better samefag and hope he responds this time!

Screw you, Kyle. I'm going home.

>kotaku
>right ever
Hogan needs to finish the job so this shit show can disappear too

Is this the liberal hipster version of "and then we told them..." meme?

>cartoons are the best they've ever been

no person deserves to be employed if they'll put their name under something like that. I'm not familiar with the site or the slut but is she trying to be like the Skip Bayless of bloggers with a steaming hot take like that

Seems like we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Have you seen an episode of the Tick lately? Still funny yeah, but they seem to pause an hour between jokes and the animation looks like jittery ass.

>Why do I keep reading this despite also reading that Scrooge is even nicer/waterered-down than in the original DuckTales?

The only article that implies that is the one written by Trendacosta.

IGN's review
>Scrooge has a couple of moments in the one-hour pilot where he seems a bit mean.

Of course, this being IGN and them being IGNorant of the comics, they listed him being "mean" as a flaw of the show.

>everyone who doesn't like me is a samefag

It's the girl

>Still funny yeah, but they seem to pause an hour between jokes

Which I would prefer over the uniform smarmy dialogue that every cartoon these days seems to have.

I don't know, since the show hasn't premiered yet. I liked what I've seen so far, but it's not fair to make a call until August 12.

That being said, and regardless of whether they're right or not, fuck Kotaku. Why does that shithole of a site still exist?

I wouldn't though, hence the agreeing to disagree. Some people like a faster pace and some like slower, that's just the way things are. People have shorter attention spans now so faster just seems to be the rule of the day.

Good thing 80s weren't the peak then

Does the peak ever mean anything other than "when I was a kid"?

Cause kids love pretty much any shit you put in front of them.

I haven't watched the new show, but knowing Kotaku, and pretty much anyone that blogs about western cartoons seriously, I doubt the show is any good.

Will Apri,l May and June make an appearance? And if they do, will they take inspiration from the dutch version?

<

most people are idiots

It wasn't a kotaku article. Why is kotaku the goddamn bogeyman for people? When they reported on No Man's Sky or Mass Effect Andromeda's troubles, a bunch of autists stuck their heads in the sand and said "oh Kotaku, it must be clickbait" and just fucked right off.

This a gamergate thing? You all still mad about that?

>not pictured the 100 korean artists animating the cartoon in some shady sweatshop in Seoul that would make Pionyang jails look like a spa

Nostalgia Critic said the same thing. He argued whike BTAS and Gargoyles and old CN/Disney/Nick stuff was good, they were shallow and meaningless. He said modern art like Adventure Time and steven Universe explore deep issues like dealing with Alztheimers or LGBT issues push them well above 90s fluff

>it wasn't a kotaku article
>it's a kotaku article
what did he mean by this

It's an io9 article. Same family, but different branch. Kotaku has its own people.

To be fair, 80s DuckTales was mostly animated by Koreans too. At least one episode I know of has a secret engrish message written by one of them.

Should have stayed with the buffalo.

Considering that Webby in the original DuckTales was basically just April, May, and June combined into a single character, I find it highly unlikely.

>The face of the bourgeois liberal

>implying OP's picture is perfectly representative of reality

fuck off katharine.

You're strawmanning his argument. Who here would disagree that Gumball is funnier than fucking Johnny Bravo or Cow and Chicken? Or that Gravity Falls had more interesting episodes than the Gummi Bears and Quack Pack? Or that the new Mickey shorts are better than House of Mouse?

The only old cartoon that can never be beaten is the Simpsons.

io9.gizmodo.com/the-new-ducktales-is-a-perfect-example-of-how-todays-ca-1797615776

[Existential horror intensifies]

Everyone would disagree with all of those things, but I realize this was just done to get a reply so you're welcome.

Kotaku was a bunch of click bait bullshit from before gamergate was even a thing. It was common courtesy to pastebin the article so people wouldn't give the actual website clicks; not that you would know any of that, you fucking normalfag.

I anticipate many useless replies like this, so go on and get it out of your system.

>I tell her to fuck off
>She posts her link

I almost respect it. But I don't respect you. Or your shitty opinion.

So fuck off katharine.

Unless you wanna link us some shots of your boobies.

BEGONE CLICKBAIT

>Who here would disagree that Gumball is funnier than fucking Johnny Bravo

Isnt school back in session yet, kid?

Just use adblock. Takes care of itself.

>Gravity Falls had more interesting episodes than the Gummi Bears

Found the pleb.

>Or that the new Mickey shorts are better than House of Mouse?
Oh no you fucking didn't.

>missing the fucking point

Keep being retarded, fag.

Clicks don't magically give them money. I haven't seen an ad on YouTube in, like, six months.

It's not about how this shit works now, retard. Learn to read.

>exploring issues elevates cartoons into "art"
Fuck my life

That one isn't even close. I disagree with that guy that cartoons now are on par, but the Mickey Shorts absolutely destroy House of Mouse.

jesus fucking christ it really is her or just some kotaku shill. fuck off katharine.