Futurama VS Rick And Morty

Which show is the superior sci-fi cartoon, counting the golden age of each cartoon?

strawpoll.me/13679112

(we are still in the golden age of Rick and Morty btw. episode 1 of season 3 is the most critically acclaimed Rick and Morty episode of all time)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yceGT6lrn1Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pre-cancellation Futurama beats all R&M, all R&M beats post-cancellation Futurama

I agree with the first part, but post-cancellation Futurama still had a few gems and Rick and Morty still has a few stinkers

Futurama, hands down. Even the CC continuation of the series was better than R&M.

Post cancellation Futurama was garbage on par with Zombie Simpsons. I don't care that much for Rick and Morty but Futurama really got bad.

We haven't got a real "Stinker" with rick and morty yet.

We got few episodes that were below the general quality of the show, sure. but we never got a genuinely bad episode. that's my opinion at least

Why would you insult Futurama like that?
Futurama beats Rick and Morty any day.

youtube.com/watch?v=yceGT6lrn1Y

Let me know when RM comes up with an actual math formula or a new scientific breakthrough.

Rick and Morty hasn't had anything as bad as That's Lobstertainment yet, but Get Schwifty got close.

>we are still in the golden age of Rick and Morty

Oh boy I sure would hate to see what the silver age is supposed to look like then

Get Schwifty was genuinely terrible.

Futurama was never funny, never.

I never believed in the contrarian meme before now. Perhaps you're just too dumb to understand the humor?

Purge was worse

>superior sci-fi cartoon

>but we never got a genuinely bad episode
Most of season 2 was pretty bad.

Ahem.

Futurama, easy. RM isn't even in the same level for this to be a competition.

Futurama>Xavier = Rick and Morty season 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rick and Morty season 2 and 3

Stop that, fuckaroo
You're giving XRA fans a bad rep with this meme

>We haven't got a real "Stinker" with rick and morty yet.
Schwifty, purge, and S3E3

Futurama had 4 seasons of being good, rick and morty went to shit after season 2

>caring about fandom
>caring about reputation

Rick and Morty is cancer.

>rick and morty went to shit DURING season 2

fixd that for you.

Futurama really isn't scifi, it's a sitcom in space.

>we are still in the golden age of Rick and Morty btw
Did season 2 onward suddenly not happen?

Futurama is better in almost every way.

>I'M MR MESEEKS! LOOK AT ME!
>Yay! I've finally found someone who will be my friend! Everything's coming up Zoidberg!

Futurama is parody of classic sci fi (Think Buck Rogers and Star Trek)

Rick and Morty is parody of modern sci fi (think Aliens and Inception)

kinda funny how both don't really parody Star Wars

Star Wars isn't sci fi, it's a western Wuxia in space.

There's a bunch of shithead "smarter than you" types on both sides of the fence, but I think RM is a much worse offender. All these fucking redditors and the most recent ad campaign for RM touting it as "the smartest show on tv" are annoying as hell.

I enjoy the humor in both, but definitely prefer RM.

Futurama is one of the very few shows that people don't give enough credit for just how deep it actually gets. Having a decipherable alien language purely as an easter egg for big fans is beyond amazing.

Lol

"Shithead smarter than you types"

"Futurama doest get enough credit for how deep it actually gets"

the finale was alright, and I liked scary terry.

>"Futurama doest get enough credit for how deep it actually gets"

How about you read the rest. I never insinuated people were too dumb to understand the show. I brought up an easter egg that people who give a shit looked into.

People only call R&M smart because of nihilism and jokes that revolve around rick being a dick because he's some "lost soul"

there's nothing smart about insulting someone, then saying you can prove it mathematically if you don't actually prove it.

There's also nothing smart about coming to terms with mortality and being an inconsiderate dick over it.

Images such as pic related sicken me.

Post-c-futurama had a few bad eps. Like "Leela of her own."

Also even as a huge futurama fan: the show aged more than the Simpsons.

Not true they have many true scifi eps and themes.

Futurama was never good or funny, RM is sometimes.

I think Schwifty and Purge were below average but they were still good.

Pickle Rick was just downright a good episode

Season 2 has some of the best rick and morty episodes though like Total Rickall, Ricks Must Be Crazy, Auto Erotic Assimilation, The Wedding Squanchers and Mortynight Run

That's just my opinion though

Yeah Rick and Morty written by idiots who think they're brilliant

>Pickle Rick was just downright a good episode
as expected of a braindead tripfag redditor

It's the 6th highest rated Rick&Morty episode by users of IMDB

Pickle Rick also enjoyed a universal critical acclaim. you are actually the odd one for thinking pickle rick was bad

>it's popular so it's good

I wasn't saying it's good because its popular
I just said that most people loved it and that you are in the minority for not liking it

So your claim that it was a good episode and that it was popular are two independent statements?

I prefer the Futurama characters, but a few of the histories in R&M are very interesting and they take more risk doing them, the average chapter is mehh

Whether it good or bad is entirely subjective. my point was that it's completely okay if you dislike it personally, but most people loved it

The problem for me with Rick and Morty is the fact that i don't care about most of the cast.

Sumer has one good episdoe so far (KEEP SUMER SAFE).
I don't give a shit about the mother either.
Morty himself is a hit or a miss.

to use sex analogy. Futurama is like having sex with persone you genuinely love. RM fis five dolar hooker from third world country. Yes, at the end it is just "exchange of body fluid" but there is a good reason why the first one is better than the second.

Do not reply to [this tripfag]
Do not give him (you)s that he thinks is ribbit gold.
Do not respond to his thread for reasons other than to shit on him and warn others that he is a faggot
Always remember to politely sage so that he isn't embarrassed at other people seeing his awful thread on the top of the catalog
>implying people look at pages anymore

Do your part and make Sup Forums a better place.

You do realize that Rick and Morty made fun of you in episode 2 of this season, don't you? Continuing to emphasize that nothing matters means that you haven't entirely grasped that nothing matters.

R&M is still fresh to me. I can't even watch Futurama anymore because the humor feels so dated and cheesy it makes me cringe. I haven't even seen all the new episodes because I just don't give a fuck.

You shouldn't have entertained him for as long as you did. If you're gonna trip don't reply to shitposters. That's exactly what they want.

That being said, Futurama holds a soft spot in my mind. Pretty nostalgic and just great in general. R&M is great in it's own rite, but very different. It's hard to weigh the two when one isn't over yet. Hell we could have 3 seasons of utter shit in the pipe atm.

Futurama got raped for what, four seasons on comedy central? Plus the awful movies.
Rick and Morty is young and still just as good as it was in the first season, despite what the fags will meme.