This is unironically the best animated movie of the Summer

This is unironically the best animated movie of the Summer

I loved Over the Hedge too, OP.

Why?

It's because the bar is not really high.
also:
>dogs sharing their own vomit

I don't want to see this movie anymore.

>It's because the bar is not really high.
That speaks volumes of the current animation industry more than anything

>dogs sharing their own vomit
You forgot the context of the joke the have to eat vomit because the shit child won't let the dogs eat unless they do tricks

I was going to refute your claim, but thinking hard about it only makes me realize the crushing truth of your statement.

We can only pray next summer is better.

What about Captain Underpants?

I have a little project, to take Nut Job and re-edit it with something better than what I have, and make it better by deleting shit scenes.

When I get around to it, I will check for myself if this sequel is actually good.

Released three weeks before summer started and shuffled out of theaters before that arrived.

Nah, it says more about the fact that none of the major animation studios had anything great scheduled for this summer. It happens. Deal with it.

After much better shit in spring. And winter. And last autumn...
And it's not even many animated films this summer, so there really isn't any competition.

There's an Sup Forums import showing up next weekend. And the Canadian-French film Leap! (aka Ballerina) is coming out the week after that.

And then September comes to save us with Lego Ninjago, I guess.

>the shit child won't let the dogs eat unless they do tricks
The parents shouldn't have caved and gotten her a a dog then.

Generally I think if you don't know how to look after a dog, you shouldn't have a dog.

What else even came out? Emoji?

This will be a shitty summer for animated films.

The only good stuff will be foreign animated films like Leap! (aka. Ballerina) and In This Corner of the World, plus, the better of the two foreign animated films (In This Corner of the World) will only get a limited release because of Funimation.
Leap! is the best of the mainstream animated films (In This Corner of the World is more of an arthouse film) this summer, and it's a foreign film.
Animation in the USA is probably in a dark age this summer.

Also, A Silent Voice will take till October before it's released in the USA, so there may be more good foreign animated films this year other than those two.

It was a shitty year for animated films in general. I liked Lego Batman, Boss Baby, and Cars 3 but I only thought they were great, there hasn't been a masterpiece like there usually is. Holding out that Ninjago or Coco will be that film.

*blocks your path*

>coco
>ninjago

I see you've got high hopes.
IMO Coco looks lame, like every other Pixar movie since Brave.

we need to arm ourselves in patience and wait for glorious return of our beloved Disney with Wreck it Ralph 2!

Until the MLP movie

it comes AFTER the summer.

the only good movie of this year that may be good is Big Bad Fox, but i dont know if that counts, because it's three stories stringed together.

*the last movie of this year

>it comes AFTER the summer
Oh, right.

They better have more female squirrels in this one.

>female
>no breast or at leat a breast like suggestive form in the character

why they keep doing this?

Well Sup Forums, how would you make a good heist story with animals?

>good heist story with animals
Impossible.

this would be fucking perfect if they had the same color irises

Well i told them that but they made the movie anyway
these absolute madmen

Sly Cooper. Google it. NOW.

There was a attempt.

fucking perfect

Because it's a fucking squirrel, you cow lover.

bad rats movie wen