Let's have a Charlie Brown thread. All of the Peanuts even

Let's have a Charlie Brown thread. All of the Peanuts even.

Also: Who is best character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5HANnyLSNoM
youtube.com/watch?v=zrxbJwoP59M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The answer is Linus. Always Linus.

The big blockhead himself, of course.

Why did Schultz stop drawing him this way?

His hands didn't work so good anymore. It's why all the lines are so shaky and uneven, he literally couldn't hold his hands still enough to keep them straight.

So that's why he simplified them. Always wondered why. There's a real charm to these older ones.

That there is. I remember the first time I saw the older comics I thought they had "modernized" the Peanuts design or something. Everything looked so clean and shapely, but nope, that's how it used to look.

I'd love to see a cartoon made in the original style.

I'd love to have something animated in the style of how Peanuts was originally, but Schultz more messy style is iconic and what everyone remembers, it'd be too much of a difference for most people to adapt to.

Peppermint Patty, and this is why.

Unlike Charlie himself, who the universe dumps on because that's the way things are, and it has no connection to real world problems, Patty comes across as genuinely pathetic and human.

I would totally watch a cartoon about a Peppermint Patty-like character.

This. She was even Schulz favorite character to write.

Are you two talking about the same thing? The early strips had an entirely different style unrelated to the shaky lines. I don't know when his hands started to shake, but I don't see how that would have anything to do with the jump from the 50s big head style to the 60s style which stayed pretty consistent till the end.

You're only noticing when it got worse towards the end, but if you look closely at the 60's examples (Linus' shirt stripes, for instance) you can see that his drawing hand got less steady. He just switched to a style that was more suited for wobbly, uneven lines, and he used rulers and other tools whenever he had to draw something detailed.

The biggest difference to me is the size of their heads and I don't see how that is better suited for wobbly lines. Like it seems to me that either design could work equally well with smooth or shaky lines. But I'm not an artist so I might be missing something.

You're right that Linus does have some wobble in the 60s example. But Lucy's 60s lines seem pretty smooth. This is a small sample though and it could have been a good day for him.

Do you happen to have a source that says when the shaking first started to affect him? Because I've not read a biography about him so I don't know.

It's all about the pen strokes and long curves. Just look. I've been trying to explain this to a few friends of mine for a long time and user spelled it out almost perfectly.

:(

>tfw I know this feel

The 50's style definitely looks cuter. Maybe it's the huge heads that make them look more like babies that does it. I feel Lucy could have got away with more shit because of this.

Anyway it would be great to see Peppermint Patty and Marcie done in the 50's style

>tfw when litylest vrother was making Wii avatars he made only mine angry
We are brothers Chuck

Are new strips still made?

Nope. The strips died with Schultz

Wow, so they just keep reprinting old ones over and over and over.

Charlie Brown would be your quintessential school shooter if he had came out today. The shit his classmates put him through, whew

Yep. There is plenty as he drew one every day for half a century

He would be too wishy-washy to go through with it.

Jesus christ that's dedication! Most webcomic artists have trouble putting out one a week.

Woodstock is honestly my favorite you are probably thinking "Woodstock is just a bird! He is Snoopy's sidekick!" I like the sidekick characters also he represents me as a whole

It does help when you're a multimillionaire off of it

Or draw as many as you can over the course of a few days, give them all to your publisher, and then take a long vacation.

The 50s style looks so fresh

This seems oddly familiar to me, like I've seen this dialogue in a strip before

Schroeder comics are my favorite

Weren't Patty and her sidekick basically both wet for Charlie Brown? Harrm before there was harem

Don't be lewd.

Someone shopped it with Janna from Star vs. That's all I know though

[Anime intensifies]

At any case, there is a Peanuts comic FOR every day within its lifespan, not to mention all the supplementary works Schulz wrote too (standalone books, TV specials, movies, and so on)

I love Gashi-Gashi's art

50's Lucy didn't get away with shit, the world dumped on her. Hence her catchphrase "Poor Lucy" Lucy is based on Schulz's first wife. After they divorced in 60 he turned Lucy into the Fussbudget we all know and love

For a Blockhead Charlie Brown had a lot of girls interested in him. (though I still say Marcie is a lesbian and only had a crush on him because her sir had one).

Marcie the best

>Blue Sky Studios peaked with Charlie Brown of all people.
How ironic.

>post yfw he flies the kite all the way to the Red Haired Girl

>MFW it was the kite-eating tree that gave Charlie Brown the kite to help him fly over the crowd to reach the Red Head girl.
>MFW Charlie Brown becomes the Red Head Girl's pen pal not because he won in a one to a million chance but because she likes him for his virtues, the one thing his shitty life couldn't ruin.
What poetry.

youtube.com/watch?v=5HANnyLSNoM

Sup Forums might disagree but lucy

Woodstock is a cute

A friend and I have been watching each Peanuts special and ranking them out of them. Results so far.

>It's Magic Charlie Brown 4/10
Nigga what?

>Charlie Brown Christmas a 10/10

it's kind of incredible what having a little heart in your work can do for something so objectively flawed from a technical standpoint.

I was losing my patience with a fair amount of the 70s specials at this point, having then so far marathoned on specials with significant appearances of adults and or their voices. In this special, rule 1 went straight out the window.

I simply cannot accept Charlie Brown kicking a football.

>I remember the first time I saw the older comics I thought they had "modernized" the Peanuts design or something

Up until this thread, I always assumed a new artist revived Peanuts, which made sense to me because of the 2015 movie. I had no idea these were older than the art-style everyone associates Peanuts with.

>I simply cannot accept Charlie Brown kicking a football.
Prepare to rage.

There's a couple edits of it with some other characters, like this one.

Based fucking Spidey. Wasn't expecting that. Even gave me shivers.

Why is Spidey so fuckhuge? Either Charlie and Lucy are about 11 inches tall or Spidey is like 20ft.

He's a big guy.

for you

His 60's style is not that different from his mid-50's style, as far as I can tell. The 50's example in the image is from the early 50's. Shaking looks like it might've started around the 70's.

>this feel
The feel of not being able to keep your hands steady, or not being able to make a mud sandwich?

Sally is best character. Easily the funniest, undoubtedly adorable.

>Sally goes undercover as Patch.jpg

>Harrm

>BTFO by Spider Man

HA.

Based spidey.

I don't know why, but even if the joke or situation isn't entertaining I still enjoy it for its comfyness.

>t. whoopie goldberg
There are no lesbian or gay characters in Peanuts. They only even seem remotely that way through our perverted modern perspective.

Have you watched Race For Your Life Charlie Brown? It's a 70s one, but it's an hour and 15 minutes long and quite good. Loved it as a kid.

Having gay comic strip characters isn't perverted.

I always wondered.

Why was Peanuts always in quotation marks

Because Charles Schulz hated the name.

the one that hurts the most

Great audio

Everybody gets one

They said you could never be anything Charsel. It's tim to prove tehm wrong.

enough with the fucking memes

But he's right, literally no characters in the strip ever show signs of being gay

This movie was/is great

Charlie Brown and Lucy are both at their best when together

I never disputed that part of the comment. I'm just saying that there would have been nothing wrong with a gay character in Peanuts. Anyone opposed to such a thing is no different than the people who got mad that Franklin existed.

why did Lucy keep Charlie Brown's shirt for over a year...

Sup Forums, what year does Peanuts begin to dip in writing quality?

Chorlie Bran will always be the best in my heart.

She may have a crush on Schroeder, but if anyone's goung to crush her is Chuck.

>a little heart
Charlie brown Christmas packs a while lotta heart into a relatively small package

When Rerun and Spike took over the strip

They kinda did. This special was like a big love letter to Peanuts.

Is Peanuts the greatest harem manga ever written?

These were cute, thanks for posting

man, really? that sucks.

>Lucy's dress actually has proper depth/perspective

Yes

Is there a happy ending for Marcie with Chuck? These were too cute.

then they did a comic said to be based on the special, except it was actually redone versions of the comic strip, except the bonus features show character models from the cartoon and ARGH

you didn't even post the best ones