First of all: why isnt he a lantern? Secondly, should he be green, yellow or red?

First of all: why isnt he a lantern? Secondly, should he be green, yellow or red?

Because there's an entire universe of beings more capable than him.

>doesn't have the willpower to carry through on his crusade to rid Gotham of crime
>his villains aren't afraid of him
>manet rage
nah

He's been offered both yellow and green and said no

because "hurrr if i get power, its a slippery slope. muh morals. muh no kill rule. muh joker deserves a fair trial durrr"

Earth's sector already has like 6 Lanterns.

You retards do know that these are recent retcons right? Because otherwise there's no arguing that there's anyone on Earth with the will power and focus of Batman. They made it "special" willpower because anyone with sense knows Bruce isn't getting trumped

And all of them suck aside from Hal and Guy

He can't overcome the trauma of his dead mommy and daddy like Hal can, so he can't wield a GL Ring. He qualified to be a Sinestro but didn't want to. Bruce's anger is more cold while RLs typically recruit Lanterns whose rage is hot.

Jess and The Baz are great too, get the fuck outta here.

bruce has no willpower or he'd get the fuck over the murder of his parents like every other orphan

>why isnt he a lantern?

He doesnt have what it takes. Too many half-measures. Isnt willing to go far enough

Because Bataman is faggot and rapes small boys

>doesn't even have the willpower to get over his grief
Stay mad, Batfag.

Superman canonically has the strongest willpower on Earth, but he's not a Lantern either. Though I think that was explained with the Guardians being scared he'd become too powerful.

>one of the 7 original lanterns was a Kryptonian
>overloaded on willpower and died after 15 minutes
Yeah, they are on the green blacklist.

That's a good way of looking at it. Look at the Batman and GL vs aliens comics. Batman goes out of his way to protect the aliens as much as he can and even stop other people from shooting them and infected team members. The green lantern one ends with him killing a whole hive of them.

I thought it was still 2 Lanterns per sector but all of Earth's extra Lanterns were "Honor Guard" meaning "lol just patrol wherever; or don't, who cares?"

>First of all: why isnt he a lantern? Secondly, should he be green, yellow or red?
He should be a Guardian, he already meets the neccessary amount of fuck-ups requirement.

Injustice is trash and so are you

N-no you

Why isn't Clark a Lantern though?

How can he be plastic man if he has balls of neutronium?

Injustice Plastic Man is too good for this shit series. What are the odds he's a DLC character?

>Raiden
>Atom
>Manta

To be a Green Lantern you need to have the will to eviscerate every other living member of the corps. Batman can't even kill a rapist or murderer.

They covered this

storytime?

What about that comic where he accidentally got Superman's powers(and superman got depowered) and he's basically like, "I could return your powers Clark, but I will put them to better use to you and actually end all crime on Earth", then it took the whole Justice League to stop him.

>Is fucking terrified of putting mass murderers down for good because "muh slipperly slope!"
He can't be a Green Lanter, he can't overcome his fears

stop bloating threads with your memetime shit just because youre too retarded to read comics online elsewhere

Rings don't go to the most qualified, but to the closer qualified guy.

Johns stupidity introduced that its not willpower, it's a special kind of willpower.

It doesn't matter, the colored rings were a huge mistake and Bruce is a better hero than any lantern already.

>the excuses made by Batfags
Hal simply has more willpower than Bruce. Get over it.

Geez, you Batfags are the worst.

Getting over a personal tragedy has nothing to do with willpower. Willpower is the amount of determination you have to pursue a goal or an ability to maintain focus. Batman has unparalleled focus and determination and had to have these traits to develop his skill set. The death of your parents has no bearing on your motivation to actually do something and persevere.if anything, personal tragedies actually amplify a person's focus and willpower because it's springboard

I could swear i have seen this post before.

Does the book of Oa says anything about rape?

Pffft

Co storytimes are some of the only threads on this board not filled with cancer. We read and discuss a book together page by page. Its like watching a movie with a room full of fans. If you dont like it fine but with as much contrarian company war shipping pol bait trash this place has become, I for one greatly appreciate a good ol story time. Most comic related threads on /co

That's not how things worked before rebirth you dumbass.

>memetime
Oh what the fuck, are we gonna start calling storytimes reddit now?

>people who don't like storytime

Batman has said at least once that a lantern ring would "only slow me down."
He was chosen by a yellow ring briefly, if I remember correctly. He probably refused it.

Johns batman isn't canon

Baman doesn't wanna be a space cop because he only cares about "muh Gotham."

kill yourself

>He was chosen by a yellow ring briefly, if I remember correctly. He probably refused it.
It refused him because he wore green before

No it rejected him because he had been "tainted" by a green ring.

Honestly though, as much sense as it makes for Batman to have a green or yellow power ring, he wouldn't be "Batman" with it so it there's no point. Yellow ring Batman would make a nice Elseworld though

So why don't Hal just put Joker in space prison?

>shitpost about why doesn't Batman just jam the Joker into the Phantom Zone
>mfw that's actually the plot of the Lego Batman movie

Doesn't that comic end with them bringing the aliens to the GL homeworld like fucking retards which then gets infested?

somebody is seriously shitting on a storytime? this place is Sup Forums tier now

He almost-qualifies for a Green, Yellow and Red ring, but:
>indomitable willpower, but can't overcome his deepest fears
>manipulates and uses fear as a weapon, but doesn't embrace it
>a lot of inner rage, but also doesn't embrace it

oh cause Batman says it it must be true. Batman doesn't like any of the lanterns because he's a bit jealous.

and im a batfag

Well he was picked by Abin originally but his ring scanned him as a Kryptonian and it was a requirement that the ring picked a native.

I thought he liked Kyle

He does, he really rally likes and cares about Kyle... Until rebirth.

Also, I forget, he admires Alan Scott, the first hero of Gotham, he is a fan... Which is weird, during jsa he was very disrespectful of him... I wonder who was writing that.

you're right. everyone likes kyle though.

i think he hates the corp itself

What, the diversity hires? Yeah, no.

Not him, but how did it work before rebirth?

There's honestly no real explanation. It's like asking why every normal person in comics doesn't try to learn magic.

Or why they ALL don't have what is essentially an Iron Man suit by now.

To be honest Bruce would be an indigo lantern since he has too much compassion for the Joker/all his rogues/human life in general.

You may like them. That's cool, I hope you support their book. They aren't great though. Not like Hal.

There seems to be a disconnect between opinions and acceptable "facts" lately. There was a sperg out over people thinking Dick isn't THE Robin last night.

it matters what the mob thinks, not the man.

I agree, just as my own side note I wish the writers would make it more of a personal decision again, instead of him caring for sociopaths. I just feel like Batman is already playing policeman, judge and jury (by sending them to a nut-house seemingly without a trial) and now even psychiatrist.

They do go to trial but I guess it's usually off panel, Gotham Central is a pretty good comic about what happens in the side of the cops of Gotham.

>It's like asking why every normal person in comics doesn't try to learn magic.
Not everyone has an affinity for it.

>by sending them to a nut-house seemingly without a trial

They were already tried and sentenced for previous things, son.

When you escape from prison, and you are caught, you go the fuck back to prison.

This board is so shit there are people running around proudly declaring to be drones.

Try reading a comic instead of letting the Tumblr boogeyman live in your head rent free.

>it matters what the mob thinks, not the man
go to reddit then. sounds like upboats and reddit gold are right up your alley

Batman is afraid. He had worn a green ring on few occasions. However it made him relive his parent's death. The ring shows you your greatest fear & you have to overcome that. Batman can't.

In New 52 during Forever Evil he fought against Power Ring with a Yellow Lantern ring. He was fighting the fear, which is why Sinestro destroyed the ring after saving Batman's life. He told him next time, don't fight the fear.

Batman will never be a great Green or Yellow Lantern. He's unwilling to put his parent's death behind him. He's also unwilling to master his fear.

Bro, the sky isn't actually blue. There are an infinite amount of colors we can't even conceive that are up there in even, what we would see as, the bluest sky of the year. We don't have the color cones to see them.

But people that know this don't dispute the "common knowledge" that the sky is blue.

I think someone pitched a Gotham law and order style show at one point

Actually, you do go back to court for the new charges

Gotham the TV show could have been like that but the current one we have is pretty fun too. The 2nd issue of Gotham Central was pretty gud, where the cop basically sperged out in court saying if it was literally anyone else that wasn't a costume freak who killed his partner they would have been thrown in jail/executed.

He was offered a ring when he was depowered (one year later) and turned it down. It was forced on Smallville Superman (in the Season 11 comics, because the -- I think it was the Guardians -- were forcing rings on people to staff up and then I get into spoilers, but it didn't last long.

That's not actually in the Showcase origin for Hal or the re-thread and expanded origin, when Hal is 'brought before' the Guardians. It's essentially another "retcon" of sorts, although the ring passage through Earth certainly allows for the ring to have, presumably near instantaneously considered any number of people including Clark.

I think this is how Bruce would get superpowered. A ring with limitations like the whole 'overcome your greatest fear' to exercise the most potent/extreme will power you posses isn't how he operates.

That entire arc, he didn't sleep, he just followed the dark (since that's what Batman prefers to be lurking in shadow) until he realized he needed sunshine to remained powered.

>should he be green, yellow or red

IF he could deal, he's be an orange.

Why dosen't Batman just get a Qwardian power ring?

MrTerrific or even Palmer could make one

Wait, what? Please tell me this is collected in a trade, and is of decent length? That sounds amazing.

He refuses to embrace fear.

Funny how Bruce you used to fuck with Zatanna but never asked her to teach him a bit of magic in case he needed it against supes

Because he can't use science to explain it, same reason Lex doesn't fuck with it

Yeah I know it's not in the showcase issue or #1, I'm just saying they made a retcon that made Clark a candidate for a ring but was denied because he wasn't a native of earth

it starts with batman and superman trying to stop banshee from stealing a brooch.
the thing has a curse, granting people their deepest desire but also twisting it
batman gets supermans powers
superman gets depowered
banshee becomes human

but the twisted part is
batman starts becoming more and more violent and unhinged
superman started to become depressed
banshee started aging rapidly.

Bats don't cotton to no mystical bullshit.

Bruce regularly fucks with unscientific stuff though like the Lazarus pits

Because he doesn't need the ring. Because he's the god damn batman.

>nearly kills bane
He punched straight through him an shatters his spinal cord how is that nearly.

He's too cold to embody any specific emotion.

If Grey was a Lantern Corp, he would be one.

he got better

>Batfags

go on...

he lived and got better
he was using a new and improved version of venom and that saved his life.

funny thing is
he saved catwoman for last to take her down.

batman loses in a pretty funny way thought
zatana uses the images/voices of his dead parents to stop him and to transfer the powers back to supes

I like that idea. Not just another fist fight and show's that Bruce is still human.

I might need to give this comic a read.

still needed clark to trick him

I fucking love Batman

Kill yourself

funny thing is though
even though bats was going mad with power
he was damn effective though

sheeeit I don't like winey Bats

deep down he will Always be a little boy