Ralph Bakshi

A look at Ralph Bakshi's career.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq5xAuZjsZM

When are you going to produce the next animation or comic that sends the world in a tizzy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WApcUBcVMos
m.youtube.com/watch?v=27IbgnYwiII
m.imdb.com/title/tt4874696/
youtube.com/watch?v=ri4iphUqShM
youtube.com/watch?v=0I82RMg8QNg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I love his films. They would be great to watch in groups but no one can handle it.

Oh user this is racist! NO its not its ABOUT race!

What the hell user thats rape! Well yeah the guy is a Nazi and a terrorist as well. He's not supposed to be a role model.

user what the fuck she grabbed his dick and it stretched like 30 feet long and she swung down on it! ....yeah that happened

I don't like his work, except for American Pop, but I am a sucker for this type of documentaries so thanks.

American Pop was fuckin' great.

>She wants to look through your DVD collection

>she wants to look through your book and dvd collection
>your collection of books include Ralph Bakshi book as well as lewd comic art

The current American animation industry is in serious need of someone like him. I'm fucking tired of nothing but family-friendly shit in theaters. I want more adult animated features goddamnit.

I imagine Ralph felt sufficient in being a mentor and passing it onto to others in the hopes they'd continue what he pushed for.

Unfortunately they got nabbed by the corporate structure and buy designer pants. Those that tried to do something to break away were kept on a short leash otherwise.

The video of Ralph Bakshi at Comic Con talking about the animation industry back in '08

Dammit for a second I thought this was an RIP thread.

Nah, here he is in 2012 alive and well.

Plus he did his Coney Island short.

I hope he makes at least one more animated film before it happens.

He apparently wants to make Wizards 2 or even 3. I don't see it happening but it'd be cool to see him accomplish it.

Never ever. Bakshi's work was a one in a lifetime thing and noone will even come close.

If you specifically watch his works for the shock value you're doing it wrong.

But yes, unfortunately as excellent as they are, very few can appreciate his films unless they are fans of animation in general.

Only time will tell.

Did somebody say Fritz the cat

every time i see a pic of someone famous on Sup Forums i just kinda assume the same thing user

I love Hey Good Lookin'. Its one my favorite animated films. It has a awesome soundtrack too.

I'm totally with you guys.There are people with great ideas for mature animation, however they are often cannibalized by focus testing and executive meddling because the movies must be marketable.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=27IbgnYwiII

Such mature, deep and slightly dark movie completely revamped just to please as many people as possible.

They were most certainly unwilling to go down that rabbit hole. Pixar needs to make another studio that focuses on being more adult. Unfortunately they are a publicly traded company and their stockholders wouldn't be happy with that move.

Also when watching that documentary you see the kind of money they are spending on making a film. Whereas Bakshi was using funds in a very limited capacity as once he ran out he was basically done. Unless he managed to convince someone to give more money or he scrounged up his own money.

Disney and Pixar have so much 'fuck you' money that it gets a little crazy when you step back and look at it.

it's sad we'll never see the finished product anymore, it was so much more interesting.

As for the idea, why not create something similar to Touchstone pictures, name for more mature features?

That's what I'd like to see. However unless they can convince their investors/share holders it won't work.

Second, it is best to not have the second studio be associate with Pixar. If people see Pixar or Disney being associated then it automatically would create a perception. If they were to be able to achieve this on top of producing a fantastic film then they could reveal that it is an offshoot studio.

I'm still waiting for that Fire & Ice remake Rodriguez promised like a million years ago.

They already made a non-kiddy cartoon, kinda:
m.imdb.com/title/tt4874696/

Its made by artists who were former Pixar artists, not the studio itself. It was quite good, even though they fucked up a technical issue.

Do you think too much money squanders creativity or lets it soar?

Producers pour money and treat it as invenstment, Pixar/Disney movies follow same formula for years to make sure movie earns money.

But what if you don't have access to such money and still wants to create something GOOD and PROFITABLE, then you can come up with something new, break established rules, simply: Risk.
Not much to lose here.

It certainly can squander creativity, the point of limitations is that it can help foster creativity.

A great example of this were the WB theatrical shorts. Since they had to be at minimum 5 or 6 minutes in length the animators were forced to produce a cartoon that was 5 or 6 minutes on the dot. This gave them plenty of room to breathe and allowed them to focus on producing the best gags/jokes for the short.

Even with a movie, if you're limited to 1hr and 20 minutes you need to have all the necessary ingredients to form your story.

Limitations go beyond just money, but money is still important to the cause non the less. Its knowing and working within reason of the budget you have.

Bakshi making Fritz the Cat with 1 million is mind blowing.

You could make an animated movie practically for free nowadays. Is Toonz open source now?

See also: Quest for Camelot.

What began as animated GoT turned into Disney-wannabe shit.

>Never ever. Bakshi's work was a one in a lifetime thing and noone will even come close.

like it or not. trey parker and matt stone.

i hate him and all of his 3 fans.

>94579225
not even worth a (You)

You certainly can if you know what you're looking for and are (in some cases) willing to bypass payment for some things. We're incredibly fortunate to be in an era of digital media.

>Q4C is responsible for doom of feature animation at WB

Oh goddamit. We could have another rival for Disney. Fuck fuck FFFUUUCK.

If anyone is interested in his Last Days of Coney Island it is up on Ralph's Youtube channel.

youtube.com/watch?v=ri4iphUqShM

Also a Q&A he did after a Coonskin screening.

youtube.com/watch?v=0I82RMg8QNg

>non the less

>invenstment