What's the worst concept for a character out there?

What's the worst concept for a character out there?

Pic related, its fucking embarrasing that Gwenpool is a thing, honestly shit like that makes comic books in general look bad

but DUDE STRONK FEMALE CHARACTER LMAO never mind the fact she's an entitled cunt

Pretty sure this post makes comic books look bad a magnitude higher than anything Gwenpool has done.

ITT user tries to pretend he hates something because "it's bad" and not because it has a woman in it.

muh strawmen arguements bait lmao

If its so ''good'' why don't you post a FUNNY page from it?

can you articulate why you think its bad?

Might want to show some proof, cause right now you just talking out your ass

Are you implying anything with a female character can't be bad?

The comedy is terrible, they never do anything creative or original with it, they never set up jokes with a pay off at the end, there is nothing funny about this book and clearly the book is trying to be funny and ''cute'' with really poor attempts at comedy.

Post a FUNNY page from the book if that's not the case

Man its like you can tell when the anti Gwen fag wakes up.
The story time preview thread went to shit the same time this thread was made.

I would have to post everything, the comic is pure gold but if you could post a particular scene you hate I would love to see why it upset you so much

no, I'm implying Sup Forums is super transparent in their motivations.
i don't keep scans, i buy floppies, besides what's the point. We've been down this road before user. You've already made up your mind and it doesn't mater what anyone posts as it won't reach your standards of being FUNNY

It's not a comedy book

Honestly at this point you just have to admire the dedication,

Of course it is. It's a story about a female Deadpool who wears pink. If it wasn't a comedy, she would be singing and teaching children about friendship and sharing.

>it doesn't mater what anyone posts as it won't reach your standards of being FUNNY

I bet he finds this funny

really it's a fish out of water story

Dramedy

You laugh, you cry and then you laughcry

>Marvel has several cool female characters that never got a solo book
>shit like Gwenpool, Moon Girl and nuWasp got ongoings right out of the bat

t. Marvel Drone who would lap up The Adventures of The Stupendous Shit if the Marvel logo was slapped on the cover

In general, the Inhumans were a mistake

Every modern Marvel "strong female character" is written the exact same fucking way.

I am tired of Marvel introducing characters that follow this archetype:
>Teenager
>Genius / "Super-genius"
>Funny, i.e. quip a lot, even in serious/dangerous situations
>Incredibly powerful, nothing seems to be a challenge to them, leading to lack of growth/stakes

What are the objective criteria for "funny"? Unless we determine that, you'll potentially be able to brush everything off as "not funny" because we have no idea about your criteria.

translation: no i can't so I'm just going to say you're a shill instead.

What makes it look bad? Cause you sound like a whiny asshole when you say shit like
>HURR I DON'T LIKE IT SO IT'S BAD
Explain yourself

T. Never read Gwenpool

Gwen is none of those things

Not OP but just look at the character. She's a girl wearing a pink Deadpool costume. The sole reason she exists is to try and cash in on Deadpool's surge in popularity. Her name is Gwen, they call the book Gwenpool and most people assume it's about Gwen Stacy.
This character started her career as an alternate universe Gwen Stacy who is a character Marvel needs to move the fuck on from. Then they retroactively made her last name Poole.
Everything about this character is cheap and lazy. And the single most depressing thing about her is she's probably the most successful character Marvel has come up with in the last quarter of a century. She's a great reminder that a creative medium is creatively bankrupt.

>she's probably the most successful character Marvel has come up with in the last quarter of a century
That's Kamala, Gwenpool never drew a single dime.

yes she is, she is the one that makes jokes in every situation and that's her whole character, is lame as shit.

Again, post a page from the book that proves that's not the case.

>This character started her career as an alternate universe Gwen Stacy who is a character Marvel needs to move the fuck on from. Then they retroactively made her last name Poole.

none of that is true user.
The art concept was from a month of alternate covers featuring gwen stacy. The character concept was separate and has always been Gwen Poole.

Shit like this makes it super easy to tell the people who have actually read the comic and dislike it, vs people who just don't like the concept and pretend it's because the book is bad.

Gwenpool was the first comic book I ever thought about buying because I enjoyed the storytimes. I don't care about anything else. My LCS even pointed out to me that I only buy gwenpool.

Fucking this.

That's why you find it so good. You really don't know any better.

>N-N-N-NO SHE'S NOT!

The state of the Gwenpool waifufaggots.

You retard

>The art concept was from a month of alternate covers featuring gwen stacy.

And the concept for that cover was GWEN stacy as deadPOOL

GWENPOOL

>Gwenpool
>Worst character

End yourself OP

W-wikipedia people just didn't read her comic!!! They hate her because she is popular! The other day we made a Gwenpool thread that got 300 replies! see?? Popular as fuck!

Looks like that awful page from "Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe". The "Your power is popularity!!" page.

post a FUNNY or CREATIVE AS SHIT page from it to see how actually good the book is then

You've already proven to us that there is no changing your mind. Why do you hate quips? In a fucking Marvel comic? Your standards for humor are probably autistically high and you should just stop trying to get a kick out of Marvel comics. It always manages to get a chuckle from me here and there.

Gwenpool isn't even entirely a comedy series. It's just a standard comic with ups and downs. I don't need to validate your irrational hate boner for a fucking comic. That's on you.

how does that contradict anything i said?
make sure you pay attention in that english class when you go back to jr high user. Your reading comprehension is super low.

find me one instance where she's called Gwen Stacy.

How about....

That page?

That's not going to trigger anyone with common sense who read the comic, because they both diss each other and make up afterwards.

Why is this used as bait?

and then they exchange a couple of lines about how they are both inside a comic book and somehow that means that they are friends, the end!

The anticipated first encounter with Deadpool and he didnd't even had a reason to be there, the fight scene was a 100% generic, nothing inventive, creative or FUN about it and then everything gets solved without effort.

Even her ''wounds'' get healed via magic seconds later, literally zero consequences, shit

>No argument
>Le funny meme
>Lol I'm so fucking smug

>Muh self awareness and 4th wall break

It's decent if used sparingly but from the screencaps I see she does that all the time. Is it really like that? Those writers need some more subtlety. How can the fans eat all that up?

>Gwenpool isn't even entirely a comedy series.

the comic clearly is trying to be really comedic, don't play dumb now because the plot lines are so weak that I highly doubt that they are the main selling point

user, she says right in the book she's not Gwen Stacy.

How does Sup Forums decides which characters are popular or not?

Namor can't sell a fucking book nor is well-known yet is an A-lister according to some, while Dick Grayson, who outsells Captain America and is one of the most popular characters in the world is a C-lister. Gwenpool is popular, but Aquaman isn't. Nova is popular, but Blue Bettle isn't...

Is Sup Forums made of dumb Marvelfags?

>find me one instance where she's called Gwen Stacy.

she was created during the Gwen Stacy month, don't play retard

there is nothing interesting about it, just a guy hitting a girl a couple of times, doesn't look like it hurts and then the whole thing gets solved one page later, frieeeends forever!!!

If anything it just goes to show how bad the writting is

Ok man. You obviously know far more than me about this subject. I concede that your tastes will remain shit forever.

>The anticipated first encounter with Deadpool and he didnd't even had a reason to be there, the fight scene was a 100% generic, nothing inventive, creative or FUN about it and then everything gets solved without effort.

you obviously didn't read that issue.
He was the boss monster for the dungeon they were in. It was a dnd parody issue, which is FUN for people who enjoy dnd. Or there's the fact that the art changes as Deadpool takes over the narrative as the main 4th wall breaker. That was Creative, and i doubt you can find another instance of it which would make it innovative too.

>how does that contradict anything i said?
Because her original concept was Gwen Stacy, not Gwen Poole. Poole came later when Marvel needed an excuse to justify her existence.

>How can the fans eat all that up?
Because they're Marvel fans.

>she was created during the Gwen Stacy month, don't play retard

Translation: I can't so i'm changing my argument from 'they retroactively changed her name' to it's obvious and you're just retarded.

you will never find an instance, even on that cover where she's referred to as gwen stacey.

C'mon now.

This is like saying that the Mary Janes covers in the Mary Jane month aren't about Mary Jane, but "Mary Frank" and shit like this.

I think that even Gwenpool fans have to recognize that she was created as "Gwen Stacy + Deadpool".

You're splitting hairs to suit your narrative. She was Gwen Stacy as Deadpool in a variant cover before she was Gwen Poole. That's a fact.

Unrelated, but ask anyone who cosplays her (the main reason her book even exists) and they'll say she's Gwen Stacy.

>not liking comics where the characters themselves break panel layouts and fuck around with their own story
if you're not gonna eat any I'll have your share

>anti-Gwenfags
Embarrassing.

Yes she was that Litterally her origin but now she's neither

since none of you read up the thread to catch the whole argument i'll say it again.
The art concept for the character came from those gwen stacy alt covers.

Someone saw that picture and was like "I could make a character out of that."

The character concept.. everything about her besides the art (which if you look at the face she doesn't even resemble gwen stacy) is and has always been Gwen Poole.

user claiming they retroactively changed her name and then posting a wikipedia screengrab to prove it is all bullshit.
There's never been any instance, even on that cover where she's referred to as gwen stacey. (besides deadpool pointing out that everyone probably just thinks that anyway)

I don't even read her comics but she's 10x better then any other Marvel female character right now. Nu-Carol is the worst

>I have no arguments so I resort to literal shit analogies

I hate that the MEGA MAN BOOTS retard has managed to convince other people of the quality of the comic without reading it.

>The art concept for the character came from those gwen stacy alt covers.
not true, she was not a character before the covers

Huh... I thought it was Gwen Stacey

>she's an entitled cunt
Because Frank Castle is a nice guy and not a murderous asshole?
Deathstroke is also just a nice guy.

But when it's a female character, it's a problem somehow...

>Because Frank Castle is a nice guy and not a murderous asshole?
>Deathstroke is also just a nice guy.
difference being that they head some real drama going on, not ''my life sucks because I don't want to get a job and I rather play video games!''

then she is rewarded with mary sue powers inside a comic book world, just what she wanted and what's her biggest problem there? people saying mean things to her...

>never mind the fact she's an entitled cunt

I don't even read or like Gwenpool but the amount of projection here is transparent as a paper thin glass window. I'm so fucking tired of every argument for something being "LOL SHE HAS A VAGINA SO SHE DUMB LMAO". Like, at least come up with some with substance, like, "she serves no purpose as a character other than constant comedic relief and pandering to Deadpool fans and millennials who are new to comics." You don't exactly look any less entitled when you're triggered by the mere existence of a female character or a female writer. you could always, just, ya know, not pay to read the book. not give them money. protest them in others ways aside from "LOL FEMINISM!", which implies the character and story would've been inherently better if written by a male or if Gwenpool pandered more to your viewpoints instead of Tumblr or something.

I guarantee if a character was announced tomorrow called Nationalist Man who was for everything Sup Forums spouts, you and all your cronies would be sucking his cock. that's entitlement, when you're picky with how fictional characters are portrayed. its petty as hell and pathetic.

>Why is this used as bait?
The "everyone who doesn't read your comic thinks you're gwen stacy" line.

Why does everyone think she's Gwen Stacy? Aside from looks and her first name being Gwen, she has no real connection to her. Have you all tried...actually reading the comics?

You make comics look bad with your constant nerd bitching.

Gwenpool bitch
Rick and Morty bitch
Gwenpool whine
Rick and Morty complain

How about you start a thread about comics you DO enjoy..?

>How about you start a thread about comics you DO enjoy..?

because that'd require them to use their brain to form substantive points instead of just saying "DIS SUCKS! SO OVERRATED, RICK AND MEMEY AND FEMINISM SUCKS, LOL!"

See

Rewarded? She's being forced to turn into something she does not Wana be.
A villan

the reading comprehension on Sup Forums today is at a first grade level.

>Rewarded? She's being forced to turn into something she does not Wana be.
>A villan

we all know that its not going to happen

your point is still wrong

You're just an idiot.
My statement: "The concept for the characters look came from those alt covers."
your statement. "No it didn't retard, it came from those gwen stacy alt covers!"

try reading the whole post next time instead of stopping at the line you want to refute.
context is king.

It already happend

>DUDE STRONK FEMALE CHARACTER LMAO
I haven't read all of Gwenpool, but "strong" is not the word I'd use.

>It already happend
and then its going to be erased from history and from ever happening and she is going to get a generic happy ending because this book is all about safe space tier adventures

>safe space tier adventures
i swear you can tell when user learns a new phrase cause they shoehorn it in everywhere even when it doesn't fit.
It reminds me of when toddlers are learning to speak.

>i swear you can tell when user learns a new phrase cause they shoehorn it in everywhere even when it doesn't fit.
>It reminds me of when toddlers are learning to speak.

all her problems get solved like one page later after they happen.

>friend dies
>doesn't matter, he comes back as a ghost
>get thrown in hail?
>doesn't spend a single day inside
>facing bad guys???
>she can defeat even M.O.D.O.K like if it was nothing.

Also the filler artists are the WORST among all of marvel

That's quick drama resolution user.
not a safe space.

keep going though, someday we'll teach you what words actually mean.

I honestly have no defense against your last point though, the filler art has been garbage tier.

>That's quick drama resolution user.

yes, bad writting because having REAL and LASTING consequences for her actions would disrrupt the safe space

Why are you still trying to create a hatebase when the last attempt to do so hilariously backfired into her current popularity?

>gwenpool
>popularity

The delusion is real

>e when the last attempt to do so hilariously backfired into her current popularity?

her sales are terrible and her toys don't sell either

> A dedicated thread almost every day
>Has managed to spread into a waifu for multiple boards that wouldn't have known she existed if it wasn't for an user trying to false flag up a hatebase via spamming her everywhere
>not popular

The entire meta narative of "I'm actually a main comic character so I can't die" is honestly boring and lazy. Gwen as a hero isn't interesting either, she is literally like every other quip-y superhero Marvel has shat out in the last 5 years except she can also make jokes about comics IN the comics! Riveting stuff.
Also seeing her reasoning for wanting to abandon her real life and jump into a comic makes me wanna barf.

>consequences for her actions would disrupt the safe space
you keep using that word in the wrong context user.
Safe space: a place without criticism.
you will never find a definition that includes "no consequences for your actions."

None of the things you've mentioned indicate popularity. But I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

yes, and they have Gwenpool never facing consequences for her actions as to not trigger the tumblrina marvel audience, to AVOID CRITCISM