What's your opinion on Joss Whedon's Sup Forums body of work, Sup Forums?

What's your opinion on Joss Whedon's Sup Forums body of work, Sup Forums?

utter shit, like everything else he's ever written.

I enjoy Astonishing X-Men, if only for the good Cyclops moments.

It's true, I enjoyed some of Josh Weedman's work, but half of it was irredeemable poo chunks

Speed is a great movie.

The first Avengers movie was alright. Everything else is derivative garbage that people seem to treat like absolute gold.

>Everything else is derivative garbage that people seem to treat like absolute gold.

Buffy basically built the backbone of the modern genre TV show from both a plot structure and character standpoint.

I'm not commenting on its quality as a show, I'm just saying that it's pretty much the opposite of derivative.

his runaways arc was a trainwreck

I enjoyed the Serenity comics.
I'm not sure I've read anything else of his.

OP asked about Whedon's Sup Forums body of work, and I didn't consider the TV run of Buffy as Sup Forums (though the comics certainly are, and they are definitely derivative garbage).

>OP asked about Whedon's Sup Forums body of work, and I didn't consider the TV run of Buffy as Sup Forums

Oh, oh yeah alright. I thought you were talking about all of his works.

Yeah, his comics are derivative crap.

Derivative can be good when it's intentional. Is the Incredibles bad because it's derivative even though that's what they were going for?

Lackluster and cookie cut.

Snyder is just tryhard. Joss is
Try not enough

Well, he did partially write Toy Story, which is one of my favorite movies. The first Avengers movie was okay. I liked his Astonishing X-Men too.

I hate everything he's ever done.
I hate his annoying style of writing with a burning passion. His fanbase is among the most insufferable people I ever met.

I liked the Breakworld part of his X Men.

Loved most of his stuff, though Joss himself can be a bit of a tool.

An awful human being with a body of work that is somehow even worse

You look like a lovable fun person.

A man in desperate need of an editor.

The more control he has over a project, the more you see his worst excesses coming through.

Look at the rubbish Buffy comics vs the peak of the TV show (series 2-3ish, where presumably the network was more hands on given he didn't have that track record yet). They're night and day.

Too repetitive. If you have seen one of his works(specially TV wise) you have seen them all.