You know you're a hack writer when the entire premise of the episode was "ayyy lmao im a pickle isn't that random and...

You know you're a hack writer when the entire premise of the episode was "ayyy lmao im a pickle isn't that random and funny" really pandering to 12 year old redditors. I have a feeling the next 2 episodes are gonna be shit aswell.

>"ayyy lmao im a pickle isn't that random and funny" really pandering to 12 year old redditors

The whole entire series is like that

fuck off

I thought the premise was Rick's chaotic adventures confronting with the reality that he's a crappy parent and grandfather.

You know your a crappy viewer when you don't know what a premise is and you haven't picked up on elements that have been in the show is since it started

you know, i'm starting to think this IS "the smartest show on television" when so many people can't pick up on the simplest concepts in this show.

Don't you pick on OP like that. He only watched the first 30 seconds of the episode and doesn't know what the rest of the show he's criticizing contains. It's not his fault his attention span is so short!

>show has no complaints about specific writers until some of the writers are women

Really bakes the ol' edibles.

The writer for Get Schwifty got shat on as well.

I get the feeling that all these new threads are being made by people who have never seen this show before. Literally almost every episode of Rick & Morty is obviously just some random premise that the writers improvised, and then did everything else afterwards. Do you really believe this show has ever been especially serious or high brow? It hasn't. It's always been fart jokes, random improvisations, movie references, throw-away humor, and so on. Just admit the only reason you don't like it is because it's too popular, and you feel that you have to talk about anyway.

>Rickan Morty is nothing but "random" meme bullshit: The Series
>gets popular because of the "jokes"
>Pickle Rick happened
>"muh muh Rickam Morty bloboooboooo"

>imagine an alternate scenario where Sup Forums never learns the writers are women
>pickle rick episode airs
>Sup Forums: what the fuck is this redd*t shit?

It's still a lazy writing.

I thought the part of the episode before the opening was good, it looked like it was being meta and self-aware. Then they played it straight, and the rest of the Pikcle Rick subplot was a fucking disaster. Not the worst episode, Season 2 had worst moments, but I don't like how the show started to rely on gore and shock humor after the second half of S2.
The therapist plot wasn't bad, and I like seeing more of Beth in a context unrelated to Jerry. She was pretty good in this episode.

And I'm starting to get tired about Rick's "INFINITE TIMELINES NOTHING MATTERS" being shoved in every episode.

I TURNED MYSE[URP]ELF INTO A DRUMMER, MORTY
STOP TRYING TO DIG FOR A DEEPER MEANING HERE
I'M PICKLES RIIIIIIIIIIIICK
WUBALUBANOGOOOOO[URRP]OOOD

You know you're a hack 4channer when you bitch about an episode you haven't even seen, and everybody knows it because you misinterpreted the premise of the scene.

Why do women like pickles so much?

I laughed, but I ain't happy

The lolsorandum humor isn't what's killing this show. It's the preachy nihilism. Every other conversation in the Mad Max episode was about nihilism or chastising characters who weren't nihilist. Summer and Rick are he worst offenders.
Two nihilists (one more annoying than the other), one beta, one depressed mom and no dad. The show is losing chemistry.

Preach.

OP here. I've religiously watched the 2 previous seasons. I think S3E1 is a work of art. What this episode lacks is cleverness. There was always something clever happening. I understand that all these cartoon fags are saying that "I dont appreciate the finer deeper layers". Look, I've watched this episode 4 times now, enough to make a decision on it. Yes I got that the 'beth is going to theraphy, rick is a bad dad', etc. is a story arc right now. But the execution of this long-expected story arc (it's really been anticipated since half-way through S1) was horribly executed.

But the entire point of the episode is that their nihilism was all just a fucking act.

I thought it was hack writing to have the female therapist of all people put Rick "in his place"

Why? That's what therapists do. Analyze people.

>female therapist

Oh, OK. I see the problem.

Grow up

>you're wrong because i can imagine you being wrong

I think like half of this show is improv, the guy probably went off on some improv thing, and the writers just took his improv and made it an episode, thus pickle rick

>one man is bad but 99 men are good
>99 women are bad but one woman is good
Well gee, it's almost as if people base their opinions on probability rather than at random. Why would ANYONE do that?

From the Fifty Shades news, I thought they liked cucumbers more.

Roiland stop going online and calling your own show shit.

>That's what therapists do. Analyze people.
lol

No, their job is to say "okay, and how does that make you feeeeeeel?"

he isn't in a pickle because he IS the pickle, it's literal symbolism

>You need to watch all the episodes to get it!
You can't trick me into watching this sub Family Guy shit.

family guy doesn't have a TRUCK shaped like one of the characters, drooling and driving around selling merchandise!!!!!

checkmate

>Well gee, it's almost as if people base their opinions on probability rather than at random. Why would ANYONE do that?

Because people don't actually base their decisions on probability. The correct statement would be more like, "wow, you're one of the % of X/Y that's good/bad at Z".

An overall statement or absolutist stance based on a statistic is not really a simple statistic anymore.

There's a low percentage of girls in STEM programs because they DO suck at math.

What are Raising Gazorpazorp and Get Schwifty then? Those both get constant shit and they are written by men.

Basically due to all the shitposting any criticism of the episode is deflected to "well you hate women" or "you're a contrarian".

Nice bait.
Anyway, she didn't analyze Rick, just condescendingly defended her profession while trying to belittle him and his chaotic but vastly more interesting life.
It felt like the writers self inserting as the therapist so they can have a little you go girl moment

>his chaotic but vastly more interesting life.

And destructive not only to himself but those he cares for.

What a boring fucking job. I can't imagine why therapists just don't subtly drive their patients to suicide or killing other people.

Trolling aside, this episode struck at something deeper that may be addressed later or just left there: Rick's parenting ruined the family and he won't take responsibility. It's a chain of people not taking responsibility. People like that don't ask for forgiveness and they probably don't even want it.

the show is always going to be about a chaotic universe and shenanigans with the nuggets of actual wisdom and any boring "morals" behind tons of jokes and anyone who can't understand that should just get the fuck out and stop watching

men and women are different on a fundamental level but we all deserve a say in the world, even if it doesn't come across great to the public who view it, there is going to be some discrepancy in how females are viewed in fiction but it is a fictional world, yes they are weaker than men and have a mental skill-set that is often all together different, but you children need to get the fuck over it and let them have a little fun in fiction, where they can

>I have a feeling I'm gonna be ready to turbo-shitpost about the next two episodes regardless of their merit or content

oh yeah? probably so, user, probably so

You have to admit though its such a woman thing to do.

Here you have this guy that's arrogant, smart, and rarely ever loses.
And then this female character comes along and tries to humble him in the most passive aggressive way possible while maintaining her composure to appear in control of the situation so the audience will think she humiliated Rick.

Dont be surprised to see these chick writers try to turn Summer into a female version of Rick later on so she can eventually steal the spotlight from him.

Wow, Sup Forums's persecution complex really is something. You guys aren't upset about what she said, you're upset at the fact that it was a woman saying that.
This episode was better than some of the episodes in Season 2, even if the jailbreak scene was fucking garbage.
The therapist in this episode just was an exposition machine that spoonfed the audience with what's wrong with Rick and his family, but people here firmly believe that the (((female))) writer somehow had a grudge against Rick so she made a self-insert to own him, which is a fucking retarded line of reasoning.

Shut up you idiot roastie and go back where you came from

Cry me a river, faggot.

Yep. The show's A and B storylines are always untethered and grounded, respectively, yet the untethered one focusses on science/logic and the B-plot is all emotion. In the same way an episode needs a slice of life to keep the madness relatable, Rick's all logic but still needs his family. This divorce schism has Rick and Beth feeling like they don't rely on anyone or care about feelings, but the kids (and Jerry) aren't in that place at all. This episode underlined that.

I'm relieved desu. Episode 1 was hilarious but it had all these ex-Newgrounds animators (looking at Flashgitz) raving about its new direction, because I guess they like Rick as a god who always punches down. Then they get mad when that was setup for character development, to give altitude before a fall.

People like OP are just mad the show's not as shallow and perspectiveless as they are.

and i will drown you in it fucking roastie

Well, the hack writer has achieved more than you ever will, OP.

>You guys aren't upset about what she said, you're upset at the fact that it was a woman saying that.

>strawmanning this hard
Let me guess, BvS hater?

I preferred the therapist's dialogue too.
Case in point: Dan Harmon goes to therapy. Clearly he knows which is the stronger argument

are you single
post feet

link me your tumblr

>they like Rick as a god who always punches down
Is that a problem? Why can't there be more variety in media? I loved Silver Age stories because of how crazy they could get, but those types of stories are so scarce these days.

>BvS
Here we go. The two worst kinds of Sup Forums autism in one thread. This is going to be hilarious.

Why does pickle rick trigger leaking Sup Forumstards so much?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a big part of why I personally like the show. But it's a facet of his character, not the whole of it. And I think Harmon knows that turning this into another shrine to Harmon-ness, as an 'everyone has to tolerate the mean smart cool guy' show (see: his entire catalogue), will put it on a downward slope. I loved that at the end of the last season it seemed like Rick was a little selfless and might grow as a person, only for it to be squashed in s3e1. That they're setting up a rug beneath Beth and Rick (I predict the kids will move in with Jerry and then Beth will have to take a hard look at herself to win them back, including rejecting her dad) is poetic. I can't get enough of this show.

go back to Sup Forums

>show gets popular
>all of a sudden people start coming out of the woodwork hating it
huh.........

Pickles are cucumbers.

Thiiiiiis. All of this.

Aren't pickes cucumbers but with extra stuff on them?

The premise of the episode wasn't just that he was a pickle. the premise of the episode was that he was willing to do so just to avoid family therapy because he thoguht he was too smart to be lectured by a therapist, when in fact him turning himself into a pickle and almost getting killed proved how much he actually needed to be in this therapy. (which is elaborated in the monologue by the therapist near the end of the episode)

Because my introverted nature means that people are naturally inclined to dump their problems on me because in their eyes "quiet&introverted=thoughtful&deep". Add this to the fact that I get a genuine satisfaction from helping people work through their shit + a deep interest in the human mind and altered states of consciousness and there you have it

t. studying to be a therapist

That's a great fucking point.

but your a name/trip fag so i hate you and everything you say.

It was always popular, dickface. Take your "contrarian" meme somewhere else.

They're a specially annoying tripfag.

No, during Season 1 it wasn't mainstream at all.

Oh really? Because I remember everyone and their mothers saying how much of a good show it is. Yes, I mean outside Sup Forums.

When does R&M start getting bad? I just finished S1 and liked almost all of it. The last episode and anatomy park were the weakest ones, but still enjoyable.

Even at its peak during Season 2 the searches on Google barely pass the 25% of the current Google searches.

Back when it was airing it was popular within the nerdy circles. Now it's legit mainstream.

Mid Season 2. You'll notice an increase in gore that marks the downhill in quality. The early S2 episodes have some good ideas behind them.

>chaotic but vastly more interesting life
I hate it that people feel the need to lead "interesting" lives, with the definition of "interesting" being "whoosh bang crikey explosion adventure".
I mean, I want to become an engineer and build machines for 45 years till I turn 70 and retire and nowhere does adrenaline pounding excitement factor into that unless my numbers were wrong and the machine I built blows up. It is perfectly fine to choose a craft and then work towards excelling at it, especially if it is pedestrian. The world has been built by the struggles of a hundred billion people in the past, chipping in bit by bit trying to make it a better place. That is very worthy and only incredibly superficial thrillseekers would diss it.
I mean, what the fuck does excitement add to the world, to human society? Little more than instability.

Please tell me you're a teenager.

only scene I almost laughed at was when the teacher said "Do you eat poo too?"
then they hammered that joke into the ground

Why mention that she's female?

The joke is that he's gotten himself into a pickle.

Its a pun you dumb niggers. Because he's literally gotten himself into a pickle.

why would you lie on the internet

NO, user IT'S ABOUT THE FEMINIST AGENDA

Why is it a problem?

>hack!
>redditors!
>shit!

Here's that (You) you wanted, don't spend it all at once

>ayyy lmao im a pickle isn't that random and funny

>ayyy lmao im tiny riiiiiick isn't that random and funny
>ayyy lmao im suddenly a dad now rick what do isn't that random and funny
>ayyy lmao the purge but with furries isn't that random and funny
>ayyy lmao come on down to little bits isn't that random and funny
and that last one is actually improvised

I like the show man, but let's not pretend it never did that

In the sense that you don't have a valid reason to complain and you've probably got mommy issues, then yeah.

The improvised bits I give a pass because *they were actually improvised*.
The rest of the shit you mentioned had clever bits in it that went farther than just "hey im a pickle now".

This new episode was fucking tailor crafted to mass-appeal amongst 14 year olds. Look at the fucking rating.

Why do we have to have a new version of this fucking thread every two seconds

Shut up who cares

Compare this atrocity with another therapist episode from a different show.
Hey Arnold comes to my mind , in this the therapist is not a fucking mary sue and have a lot of sessions with Helga.

I think it's too early to have an opinion on the writing. it could escalate. also might be a visual pun, like regardless, it goes to show just how much trouble he's willing to go through just to avoid reality

I liked the visual gag of the motivational poster.

>its ok when a therapist tell you all of that even its the first time you bth meet
>is not something a mary sue will do
All the segment was AND NOW MY OC DEFEAT RICK WITH HIS WISE WORDS EVEN WHEN THEY DIDN'T MEET BEFORE
Also the speech was garbage , one of the wrst in the series.
>its just job lol
But yeah i hate womyn!!

oh man you sure told me

>[...]tell you all of that even its the first time you both meet
people also meet and fall in love over a couple hours in shows and movies. this isn't any different. they just wanna move thing along
my only qualm was the speech is needlessly expositionary, but after seeing Sup Forumss retardation they might've been right in keeping it.

It implies that it's a problem that she's a female or a female therapist.

What are you a fucking mysognyist

>demotivational motivation poster
heh

The speech had the cadence of a speech wiser than what it really was. She didn't really say something revealing. It came off as a little annoying, but that's it.
The therapist thing was rushed because it was a one time thing, she's not a recurring character. I honestly don't see a problem with that.

Boy, you really sound upset.

The family had been talking about Rick. She knows that problem children start with parenting issues and parenting issues start from other parents. Rick skipping therapy is a good place to start because he's the root of the fucked up family tree. Him choosing to lie and put himself in danger to avoid doing something for his family's sake speaks volumes.

>therapist doing their job is now seeing as "putting one in their place"
wew, how thin-skinned you might be.
also it's pretty much the opposite of 'putting them in their place' since her intent is to help, not mock.

How did you come to that conclusion?

It was wise, just basic since she's saying a lot of what we already know. She just framed it in a way that the rest of the family now had to hear and face; Rick cares very little about you and will go to great lengths to disappoint. What they saw in the car is that Beth enables him by allowing him to live consequence free.

Exactly. She left it up to him to change. She just said what's going on.

after Rick told her that therapy was worthless and he was literally too intelligent to benefit from it she obviously was offended by it when she mocked him for being trapped as a pickle man.

He's implying that you're a mysogynist for even considering that somebody could think that being a female would be a problem.
Of course he's doing that to mock you.