For a show with limited animation, executive meddling, and a strict budget it's pretty good...

For a show with limited animation, executive meddling, and a strict budget it's pretty good. What happened to voice actors like the guy who played Race Bannon? I want more shows that feature white men murdering the fuck out of minorities and animals with guns.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7yze5rGLaqg?t=27s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This was my shit growing up. Classic Johnny Quest is good television.

Mike Road voiced Race. He died in 2013 at age 95.

youtu.be/7yze5rGLaqg?t=27s

I guess Archer is a decent modern approximation of a "prime-time adult oriented cartoon", but it lacks the ferocity and violence of this JQ's fast paced action. Not that Archer is a bad show, but sometimes I think executives think all young adults want is comedy. When has anyone made an action-adventure cartoon in the western that didn't resort to dialogue based comedy?

Best opening theme song ever

I heard that the trumbone riff was physically impossible as it was written, and the sound booth guys were cracking up watching the musicians go red in the face trying to pull it off.

Whenever I hear it my blood starts pumping and I'm ready for action.

Truely one of the greats of a bygone era.

>Truely

*Truly

>sometimes I think executives think all young adults want is comedy

They do. Every last one of them. And you can trace that back to "Batman: The Animated Series", because when that show got a primetime slot on Fox, it bombed so hard that Fox yanked it after two or three episodes and kept it in the weekday afternoon timeslot for which it was destined.

I would love a show like "Castlevania" to get a primetime slot on TV. I would also love to go back in time and fuck Marilyn Monroe up the ass right in front of JFK's salad, but that is just as impossible as the previous idea.

That laser is such great design. Looks totally believable! I love the lizard men's carbine rifle, too.

but one of the adult characters on that show is a grown up johnny quest

>I want more shows that feature white men murdering the fuck out of minorities and animals with guns.

This. This is how we save western animation.

It seems so simple. Just have an animated adventure show where people get shot and fucking die in dramatic and violent fashion. Hell, I wouldn't mind limited animation so long as the art was tight.

Race is dead, and I assume Dr. Quest is, too.

Only in the Venture-verse.

Classic Quest series tech designs are pretty great.

Am I taking crazy pills? Johnny Quest fucking sucked. All it did was ape old pulp shit, and badly at that. Even for its time it was bad. It had decent production values but that didn't really make it watchable.

I agree. We need more shows with a gay couple and their two kids: one white and one non-white adopted.

How can one user be so completely wrong on every level?

It was really weird watching the Venture Bros long before I saw an episode Johnny Quest. Imagine your first exposure to James Bond being Austin Powers, it's still funny but you're missing out on half the jokes. When I finally saw the pilot episode with the laser in the Sargasso sea I kept expecting Brock to show and kill someone by clenching his sphincter.

make way, superior rip-off coming along

Ouch, my brain hurts!

Cold he face a mummy?

*could

...fuck me rigid...

Did Freakazoid predict Sup Forums?

Usenet predates Sup Forums by more than a decade

Who cares faggot, go quote your bookmarked wikipedia articles somewhere else. Cunt.

its literally impossible to watch this show after watching The Venture Bros.

No.

Same, And I'm only 20. But my local library had huge collections of old cartoons on DVD that I'd check out. So I;ve seen all of jonny quest, all of wacky races, 1st season of the flintstones, all of the jetsons, All of the memetactular 60's spiderman, And all of the classic scooby doo.

I barely remember anything from any of those tho.

>H-he's fast!

NIce shit opinion, retard

what episode do you remember best?
mine is the episode with the creepy dude who challenges people to dogfights and has the castle full of condors.

"Bitch, you just stepped onto the wrong hydrofoil."

Honestly I watched the real adventures series first, the concept of quest world blew my mind as a kid.

Watched a rerun of classic JQ and it was fucking awesome, that opening sequence is adventure turned into music.

The robot spy is just too iconic.

But which of them is the transgender and which is the refugee? The towel or the dog?

Turu the Terrible
Condor
House of Gargoyles
Invisible Monster
Java Sea Monster
Dreadful Doll
Komodo Dragons
Duplicate Race
Giant Spider
Mummy
Yetis in Monastery
Sargasso Sea