The song "America, Fuck Yeah" is a work of genius...

The song "America, Fuck Yeah" is a work of genius. How were Trey and Matt able to create a song that simultaneously spoofs American patriotism while still being a kick-ass anthem in its own right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=851BqHMCaeM
youtu.be/oiXaT_1I-vw
youtube.com/watch?v=A6f6P5Ceuc4
youtube.com/watch?v=cGYNuoCigGY
youtu.be/BON9Ksn1PqI?t=43s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because Trey Parker knows how to make good music. He was majoring music before making South Park, and was involved with music theater and songwriting since he was a teen.

Is this even considered animation?

Pretty much this.

Can Trey and Matt just end South Park and just keep making more musicals please?

It's animating objects, so yeah, unless we were to say that claymation isn't animation.

Seconded, though I hope in the future they get out of their bubble. Book of Mormon was basically and extended version of the Meet the Mormons episode.

Perhaps. They're giving life to practical effects, aren't they?

They're pretty much heading in that direction, the only south park thing they care about are the games, the show is mostly contract related

case in point
youtube.com/watch?v=851BqHMCaeM

I thought puppets were officially declared Sup Forums years ago.

So are guys in costumes animation too?

>It's animating objects
Not complaining about it being on Sup Forums, but how is it animation? It's filming live-action.

it was, he's just being a newfag and a contrarian

i guess clay animation isnt animation either.

I'd forgotten about this.

Because you have to animate the puppets to do it.

Traditional animation is live action filming pieces of plastic sheets with ink on them.

They've pretty much said they'd keep making southpark as long as they keep making money because it funds all their other projects

Arguably.

At some point, the line of what is and isn't animation becomes arbitrary.

Not being SJW means you can be unrestrained in thought and creativity.

Those aren't puppets.

That would explain why Book of Mormon is actually fucking good.

Seriously, Spooky Mormon Hell Dream is one of the most bomb-ass songs I've ever heard in a musical.

So all movies are animation. Guess no one can complain about the cape movies not being Sup Forums.

Claymation is done frame by frame. Supermarionation is not.

Probably just a lucky fluke.
youtu.be/oiXaT_1I-vw

Moot declared puppets to be Sup Forums. Nobody's entirely sure whether or not it still stands, so newer janitors tend to delete the threads while older ones leave them alone.

>SPORTS....BOOKS!
>fuck yeah! f-fuck yeah...

>the cash for gold music

youtube.com/watch?v=A6f6P5Ceuc4

COCKS!

FUK YEA!!

Let's not forget all the great songs of the South Park movie
youtube.com/watch?v=cGYNuoCigGY

And traditional animation is taking pictures of drawings.

But puppetry predates motion pictures, so shouldn't that make it the traditional animation?

I hope their next musical raises the bar, because I dunno if it can beat Matilda The Musical and fucking Hamilton

Because they are libertarians who love and hate America for all the correct reasons.

>this ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING shit taste
Holy shit go fucking neck yourself. I bet your favorite fucking music album is To Pimp a Butterfly.

>Matilda The Musical
>Shit taste
Hamilton, I can at least understand to a degree

I was gonna say flipbooks predate that but apparently they're a 19th century thing.

>When Bin Laden was killed and America Fuck Yeah played on Sup Forums

Technically, yes. The line is gonna be arbitrary at some point considering it's all on film.

Hamilton is over rated by people who think stunt casting is art.

It's animating, as in bringing life to something nonliving that wouldn't normally appear lifelike, such as a puppet

Easy there, Tarantino.
youtu.be/BON9Ksn1PqI?t=43s

Kill yourself you degenerate ponyfag

"""killed"""

nigga he died of kidney failure in 08

>How were Trey and Matt able to create a song that simultaneously spoofs American patriotism while still being a kick-ass anthem in its own right?

Because they are red-blooded Americans, and if there's one thing America is fucking good at, it's not taking itself too seriously.

So FUCK YEAH, we're the goddamn best, and we're so sure of we'll even make fun of OURSELVES bragging about how fucking awesome we are, and then we'll even make THAT awesome.

>we got him

the people are dicks, pussies, or assholes speech is the best description of humanity I've ever read