Why did they feel the need to give Steppenwolf a stupid monster face and Ares a stupid human face with a mustache...

Why did they feel the need to give Steppenwolf a stupid monster face and Ares a stupid human face with a mustache? Our villain for Justice League is a guy best known for jobbing and dying, and was only picked because someone thought his New 52 appearance looked cool. Does anyone really care about Steppenwolf at all?

He was picked because he is Darkseid's general dumbass. He gets sent, beat, then Darkseid has to go himself. Darkseid doesn't like to do his own dirty work. He's a master planner. You sound like a fucking idiot asking why he would come first.

Steppenwolf works better as being more 'alien' looking I think. As for the decision to use him as the main villain, I feel it makes sense. Using a lesser known/smaller villain allows them to focus more on the team as opposed to the villain (which can often overshadow everything else in the movie) - kind of like using Loki in the first Avengers as opposed to starting off with Thanos.

What a stupid fucking name for an alien/Comic villain

Solid band tho
Personally I really prefer the New Gods to look more Kirbyesque and colorful. Like they are powerful and alien enough to look completely ridiculous.

And you're a fucking idiot for wanting Steppenwolf, a fucking nobody, to be the main villain of JL for the sole purpose of setting up Darkseid.

>HUR DURR IDK HIM HES A NOBODY
Go back to Sup Forums fag. Every single MCU villain has been a literal who to normies

Steppenwolf is by far one of the worst new gods, and you are acting fucking stupid for defending this.

It could be Kalibak or the furies, or even Grandman and it would have been better.

Steppenwolf isn't even that visualy distinctive.

They picked him because they needed someone to die in an invasion to earth and it doesn't make sense for Darkseid to go himself or send his son to some shithole planet, it never did btw

Name one good thing Steppenwolf has done besides die. And dont give me that edgey Earth 2 shit either. I dont give a fuck about what normies think, you could put fucking Starro on the screen and they'd eat it up, who would probably be a better choice if we're being honest

God that is a shit deisgn.

Steppenwolf is supposed to be a Mongolian pimp. What is this generic bullshit?

This is literally what he exist for. To go to Earth, job to the JL and force Darkseid to invade himself. Seriously you sound dumb as hell when this is the normal invasion plan Darkseid always uses.

he is a good stepping stone to bring Darkseid into the fray

Not that user, but there's plenty of other League-level threats that have a bit more notoriety than Steppenwolf. Not to mention, I don't have faith in the current braintrust of the DCEU to get the New Gods right, much less Darkseid.

Why don't they just have Granny Goodness spearhead the invasion

Because Zack Snyder is a fucking hack and I'm convinced that everyone defending this shit is an actual DCEU shill. Absolutely NOBODY wanted the villain of the first JL movie to be Steppenwolf. No one gives a fuck about him, not even people who are really into the New Gods.

Frankly, they should've went with Starro the Conqueror or the White Martians, introducing Martian Manhunter that way as well, like the first episode of the JL cartoon. Or if they were going to go with the New Gods, should've given us Granny Goodness or something.

That just sounds like they're ripping off the Avengers more than they already are.

And people were sick of waiting for Thanos too. Hell, we didnt even need to start using New God shit to begin with. A better route would have been to establish Darkseid with a New Gods movie with Orion, Mister Miracle, and Big Barda

Idk what to tell you dude. You sound dumb as fuck questioning why they stuck with the invasion plan Darkseid always uses simply because you don't like it.

>establish Darkseid with a New Gods movie with Orion, Mister Miracle, and Big Barda
literally-who characters won't be a box office success

>use Death of the Superman
>lol are they retarded? it's too soon

>don't use Darkseid in the first JL movie
>lol why don't they use the big baddie already

Jesus christ someone give these people an oscar already, they are getting annoying

is this you? lol

Guardians of the Galaxy begs to differ

To think we could have a movie with Granny Goodness and the Female Furies, and we get bland ol' Steppenwolf.

Plus, Furies means Big Barda and Mr. Miracle.

>Hell, we didnt even need to start using New God shit to begin with. A better route would have been to establish Darkseid with a New Gods movie with Orion, Mister Miracle, and Big Barda
My fucking dude. Should've just had their own separate movie franchise, building up to a JL3 with Darkseid as the big bad.

>literally-who characters won't be a box office success
Fuck off with this shit. People said literally the same thing with Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Dr. Strange, etc. This kind of reasoning is fucking stupid. We wouldn't even be here today with all of these superhero movies if movie executives felt the same way.

Every superhero is a literally-who to normies.

They are doing a New Gods movie though, if they use Granny or Kalibak or something they'd have to kill them by the end of the movie and they couldn't use it in the actual New Gods movie. They picked Steppenwolf because he works for Darkseid but the New Gods story stays the same after he gets killed in JL.

Calm you autism friendos

I wish I was you. I know tons of normies with strong fucking opinions on so many heroes without having read a single book.

>Why are the blowing their load with Darseid this early
>WTF why aren't they using Darkseid Who care about this guy?

>This is literally what he exist for.

Doesnt make it interesting, good, smart, or less generic and stupid.

>They are doing a New Gods movie though, if they use Granny or Kalibak or something they'd have to kill them by the end of the movie and they couldn't use it in the actual New Gods movie.

Why the vilain NEEDS to be killed? Its not like the furies, Granny and other Darkside minions never failed in attacks and invasions.

The key, I think, would be to not use New Gods at all in the first JL movie. Go for Starro conqueror, and maybe have some references or a cameo with Orion or Miracle.

This is a better way to set up Darkseid, without brigning him to the center stage so early.

According to the leaks Steppenwolf will be killed by Darkseid (played by Tywin Lannister's actor) after failing to conquer earth. This will make Darkseid interested in earth. Steppenwolf is a literal who in DCEU in-universe too, he's just a first contact between the new gods and humanity. It makes sense. Killing him is not as much as a cinematic universe ruining fuck up as killing Red Skull like fucking Poochie

You are using backward logic to justify it.

They could just NOT kill however invaded earth, nothing says that it needs to be obligatory to follow a dumb cliche. You are just admiting that they picked a shit, forgatable and uninteresting vilain, and treating it as a good idea just because you think that they are obligated to waste him.

No, it's a good idea. They are playing Earth like some shithole with not even Lanterns in it, so they send some cuck with a parademons army to invade it. They are setting up the New Gods without involving any of the actual major players in the New Gods narrative

Not to mention every single MCU villain has been "shit, forgetable and uninteresting" so far .including Ego especially Ego. Had they used Darkseid for the first JL movie you'd be complaining too

>No, it's a good idea.
Shill.

>hey are playing Earth like some shithole with not even Lanterns in it

Pretty sure that the Lanter movie is John learning with Hal in space, where Hal is already a veteran.

>so they send some cuck with a parademons army to invade it.
Saying "they are using a boring shitty character deliberatly" isnt a good argument against "this character is boring and uninteresting". Even worse, they could just have used every other new god to do that.

The point is that you are picking a shit narrative, and trying to find ways to justify it, instead of thinking on good narratives. Having Kalibak wanting to prove himself by trying to conquer the planet that defeated Steppenwolg thousand years in the past is more interestig for example.

>Not to mention every single MCU
>b-but the MCUUUU
Nobody is talking about MCU here.

>Had they used Darkseid for the first JL movie
They should have never went direct with the new gods to begin with.

I think the point is less wanted Darkseid now and more wondering why bother even with Steppenwolf when there are plenty of other villains. By wasting a movie on Steppenwolf, that's one less movie with Brainiac or Starro or anyone else.
Plus, after a parademon invasion now, it seems like they won't creative enough to do a Darkseid movie other than Parademons 2: electric boogaloo.
Some other anons were right: Set up Darkseid as a legit threat in a 4th world movie and/or a GL flick, then have him make the League collectively shit itself.

it should have been Brainiac!

>He'll get a decent pair of pants in the end credits scene