Bags and boards for your comics, sir?

Bags and boards for your comics, sir?

Silver age sized, please.

For sure man. Might as well pick up a new long box while I'm in here, do you have any that don't come pre-assembled? I like to put them together myself, feels like I put a little effort into housing my collection properly, y'know?

My dad has like six milk crates worth of comics he has been collecting since 1975 or so, all lovingly bagged and boarded. I was thinking of doing a random grab and storytiming what I pull out.
Got like a 45% chance of it being an old Teen Titans

fuck these

my comics is never the kind worth preserving in a case, just some random issue of Spider-Man or something, and so I just keep them in a pile like at the doctor's office

Could you bag, board, and seal it here? I would love to read it, but the chance of it dropping from 9.8 to 9.7 are just too much for me to handle.

are you offended by this OP?
i don't get the point of this thread.

fuck my LCS gives them away with my pull list.

Just buy them in bulk and bag and board the comics after you've read them

>buying floppies

I've got lots of stuff in bags and boards that I know will not appreciate in value, I just collect them for my own personal gratification. That the real thing that's important to me.

Anyone know a good place to get them online? My LCS has 100 packs of bags and boards for $8 each, and I can't find any better value than that.

Floppies are objectively better than trades.

'course
I like to pack a couple more of the same series inside in order too. takes less space and holds them more together
anyone else do this?

I do it with short arcs.

I do it with minis and related one-shots.

>buying Physical comics

yes, thanks.

mine too and they don't even charge extra for them are the considered bad or something?

>being a cheapass

I wonder, would sd card sized bags and backboards sell as a novelty item in this day and age?

how does digital make you cheap? Besides there is no reason to buy floppies. Either trades or digital all the way. Even digital floppies you don't even need to go to the store.

Free bag, no board or i no buy

No. I don't want to constantly have to organize my collection. Plus floppies are way overpriced. And with trades you have options, cheap softcover, nice hardcover, omnibus, absolute/library/oversized editions. Floppies are a rip off and deprive you of a nice hardcover. The only floppies you should buy are one shots

I just get bags with no boards and put 2 comics in each bag.

I've been phasing out how many floppies I buy, as it's such an inferior way of reading comics compared with trades and HCs - more expensive, crappy paper and full of ads.

I've been buying them for my entire comics life up until about a year ago. I thought about it and I think it's basically a scam.

99.999999% of my comics are really not worth meticulously preserving and just sit in a fucking box once I've read them anyway.

At least with trades I can display them on my shelf once I've read them, and as long as I keep them dusted they're not going to decay and rot like floppies will sitting in a box in my attic.

Pretty soon after that I realized floppies are just a ripoff anyway with how little you get for your money. Give me cheaper digital subscriptions and maybe I'll come back to buying monthly, but for now it's a better idea to just wait for trades since by then there'll actually be reviews and feedback cluing you in on what's worth trying, and you get a complete story for your money.

Nobody thinks Future Quest #7 is going to be worth anything, you put them in bags and boards to keep them in god condition for yourself

Why not just buy digital then?
>takes up less space
>don't have to worry about damage
>never have to worry about finding it

Not him but probably because digital costs the same and you don't even own the comic. If you're gonna pay full price for something, might as well get the physical copy.

Same, and they let you choose between regular and resealable. I always pick regular.

If I need extras, I only ever get them from my LCS because they're so cheap there and I get a discount. Even if I could find some for a lower price, which has yet to happen, I'm sure with the shipping it just wouldn't be worth it.

You can download the CBR off comixology

Not him but that's only for some books. It's not even everything creator owned.