Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

How sad is it that after 33 years, this is the best TMNT has to offer in terms of animation? The only other options are a lazy unfunny comedy and poorly plotted CGI mess that has aged poorly after only five years.

Why is it sad? The 2003 version largely follows the comics, you can't do much better than that.

Because all three TMNT cartoons share one problem, they're way too heavy on toy marketing. granted the 2003 show is the best you can do when you're forced to put in heavily armored vans, combat helicopters, exploration submarines, skateboards, motorcycles, jetpacks, ziplines, scuba gear and jet skis regardless of wheter or not it's necessary for the plot, at least they wrote in reasons and most of the characters did appear in multiple episodes and if they weren't then they weren't focused on too much.

But it's still, you know, there...

I like the 80's Krang/Shredder dynamic, but otherwise I just can't get into it.

Utrom Shredder in 03 was a cute compromise.

I unironically think Utrom Shredder is one of the best twist on a character ever introduced in an adaptation.

I like watching the 80s cartoon but yeah, I would not say it is exactly a good show. It is enjoyable in the same way other cheesy cartoons from the 80s.
The upcoming new series seems atrocious, but I will give the benefit of the doubt.

Dr Stockman i'm TMNT

You're a pretty good show...

1 2 3 4 you

I tried watching the 2003 series, but I really couldn't see what was meant to be so great about it. Better than the 80s version sure, but that doesn't say much.

I still want him in the idw series pretending to be the real shredder

2k3 Karai was my waifu

4kids

The biggest problem is the AWFUL audio mixing that plagued most of the 4Kids shows. Otherwise it's just a slightly above average adventure cartoon.

But those things are fucking awesome...

>they're way too heavy on toy marketing
You can say the same about Transformers yet TF cartoons are better than TMNT's

It still irritates me how old she looks.

>That episode where the TMNT literally fight Satan
>That dystopian future episode where everyone is maimed and/or killed
>Baxter Stockman in general, including his banned episode where he becomes an insane schizophrenic biomechanical zombie

2007 Karai is waifu

That's because those toys are characters. You can do whatever with a character. Armored vans, not so much.

She was really cute. I wish they had made a spin off show of that movie.

Don't really see why they would considering it was already meant to be a sort-of-continuation of the 2003 series.

I never watched it because that intro song was fried dogshit. If I actually missed something great then oh well, I don't really have the time to marathon old shit like I used to so I'll never know.

The intro song isn't as catchy at first, but SERIOUSLY grows on you, especially once the show itself really gets going.

Usagi spinoff when

>Mama?

Only if Sakai has most control

the new crossover was pretty great

Also we need more Jei

Not really? If anything it was meant to be a sort-of continuation of the movies - the REAL answer is that it was designed to appeal to two main demos - twenty-somethings and parents who vaguely remembered the 90s movies, and kids who were familiar with the 2k3 cartoon, but probably couldn't follow its then four-years-deep serialized plot. So if you were in those camps, the movie was just vaguely familiar enough you'd assume it was based on "your" Ninja Turtles. At the end of the day though, it's a standalone story that was never followed up. But until IDW makes a "TMNT 4: The Lost Movie" one-shot or something, you can see it as the last entry in the movie timeline if you like... but it directly contradicts the timeline of the 2k3 series in many ways.

>The upcoming new series seems atrocious, but I will give the benefit of the doubt.
People actually believed that 'leak'?

The 80s cartoon was great, underage fag.

>the unmade episode that had the Garbage Man and Hun's backstory be that they were conjoined twins

I see people give Utrom Shredder a lot of shit because he wasn't human. He was still a badass fucker who got shit done. I think way too many people focus on the human aspect because of the 80's cartoon and original movie

Watch it again, buddy

>The 80s cartoon was great
>great

>80's cartoon

You're the underaged fag, mirage was better.

Not him, but animation errors don't automatically make something shit.

>Also we need more Jei

>Seeing the death bubble

So satisfying

People born in 88 are nearly 30, user.

>Due to some new writers in the room; now 50% female

Damn it all, they literally ruined the first few episodes and most likely the entire series. Isn't this situation exactly what that Google employee who spoke up about women and minorities was talking about?

It sounded like someone at 4kids took two or three of the dub openers they'd farted out that morning and crammed them together in audiogalaxy in the twenty minutes before their lunch break.

Good on you for being able to get into the show despite it, but you don't need to lie to yourself.

One solution to that: have Arcsys make Turtles Tournament Fighters 2 for ps4, xbone, pc and switch.

The 80's opening is overrated.

This was amazing.
Loved it.

You're entitled to your opinion, but at the very least the instrumental version is quite good, especially the long one (used as the ending theme of early season 2 eps, maybe others).

I wasn't talking about it, but I'm sure you're itching to set me straight on how objectively terrible X was as if that's a valid defense of Y

Watched it last year, actually. Still great.
This.
Nigger what? I'm 26. And I'm not saying the Mirage series was bad, just that the 80s show was great. I never got a chance to watch it though this thread has made me want to. Did it end properly or get canned?
True but I was born in '91 and remember it still airing.

>wheter