Reading through some Crimson Chin comics

>reading through some Crimson Chin comics
>this little shit shows up out of nowhere
>he never gets mentions outside of issues he shows up in
>soon even the annoying sidekick gets even more sidekicks of his own

I've never seen this glaring a continuity error in Chin comics before. What the fuck was up with Cleft?

It was a one-off

They gave Crimson Chin a sidekick? sales should be pretty low to do that

He got killed offscreen by the Bronze Kneecap.

Thank god.

I think it was some dying kid who got his own character from the make-a-wish foundation.

What was with the tacky colored magic dog sidekicks as well? I mean I get that a lot of the charm of modern CC comes from some intentional camp (we don't talk about the 80's) but jesus christ Marmelman show some restraint.

How bad does a product have to be doing for them to shoe-in magic dogs to solve the characters problems after they already made it worst.

You know that "fetal position" issue that came out? That's why.

I always assumed they were a callback to some ultra-obscure Silver Age bullshit and ran with it. If not that, they've got to be some inside joke that the publishers shamelessly kept in.

>Chinfags
>Not superior Catman

Enjoy your unrealistic power fantasy with inconsistent writing.

This. Catman is unironically our guy.

Crash Nebula > All your fag shit

>make-a-wish foundation
Underrated post.

Catman is an interesting character study about a normal man that literally felt powerless to stop evil and improve the world until finding the hope within himself to do just.

Crimson Chin is kind of the opposite where Chin began with a "justice prevails over evil", can-do attitude but that ideology is constantly challenged to near breaking by everything around him.

It's hard and kinda unfair to compair the two, why do you think every time they have them fight it's in a draw or they team up to fight a bigger threat?

Crimson Chin has the more iconic rogues gallery and the more interesting stories surrounding them tho

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

I never see anyone discuss him anymore. I get he's kinda an obscure silver age character, but I thought the Magnum Opus of Nebulakino known as Crash Nebula on Ice would have at least sparked some public interest. Maybe the best route is to just sell it to Doug Dimmadome owner of the Dimmsdale Dimmadome and hope for a half-hearted reboot.

There actually was a reboot dude, he like went to space school or some shit. It totally bombed, though

I wish I could be this witty.

It's a fairy long shot for that to happen though.

Her movie is going to flop, Chincucks

>that issue where Crimson Chin does nothing but cry in the corner
Fucking hate this meta commentary bullshit, being aware of a story being shit doesn't stop it from being shit

I heard the dogs were supposed to be magical creatures from a parallel universe but they gave up on the idea in between issues, something about the pink dog being powered by love and the green love being powered by willpower

FUCK

/thread

>Chin gets fucked in the ass by shitty writers
>Crash is still fucking dead because his movie bombed
Fucking hell

>introduce cool hero with a double personality
>instantly ship her with Chin for promotion
>book sells poorly and they never use her again
What happened?

>they changed the continuity of WonderGal
>She's like 10 now
>mfw

Who is your evil husbando Sup Forums? Cap has been my favorite since Forever body of Evil

How does it feel knowing that there will never be a better villain than the Nega Chin?

Or a hotter hero than Mighty Mom

>muh nigga cheese
Negafags are the worse, not only Nega is uncreative as fuck and has a very shallow personality, the highlight of his career was that one issue where he visited the real world

Clever

>That time when chin, cleft, and all the villains just disappeared for an issue and showed up in the end

Oh user

You're right, Nega Chin isn't the best villain...

H2Olga is

Can't deny that

>Cuck Nebula fans still think they have grounds to preach after that live-action movie of a shit show.
>The most recent issues haven't as been as good due to the overbearing kikes at Marble.
>The franchise was never even that good to begin with.

plz an hero

wonder plank is a terrible sidekick

>It's another Crimson Chinematic Chiniverse thread

Stop shitting up the board with this chinshit! It's for plebs. Ultralord is for patricians.

Anyone catch the Reptar comics IDW was pushing out? Good stuff, I loved the Dactar arc.

>Ultralord is for patricians

Fucking this.

Oh give a rest CRASHED Nebula

imagine the lewds if this show's art style wasn't shit

>tfw pumpkinator was coolest villain
>he never reappeared after his debut issue because parents complained he was too frightening

fuck this gay world.
who the fuck are we left with? this asshole?

>first results
not too bad I guess

He also appeared as the main villain in the 4-part Halloween crossover special with Ultralord, it's not canon but it's something

But yeah I agree, the most we were given since his debut is cameos and references to him and that's it. Shit's fucked.

But at least we still have other cool rogues besides him like Nuclear Celebrity and Short Fuse to fill the gap.

>make-a-wish foundation

>Ultrabored
>for patricians
The golden years of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy make Ultralord look like shit

Also the organic look he had in said crossover was so much better then the old metallic one. He was always described as a bio-mechanical being but didn't look like it.

Such a shame it was only used in one, admittingly memorable crossover.

Sheen put your trip so I can filter you

Was that a reboot? Or was it more a retcon an origin story they never really mentioned before in the original run. We never hear any of those side characters introduced ever again. which is a damn shame because I'd love to see Princess Galaxandra or Ani in the modern run

How's that reboot with Fag Nebula as a teenager coming along?

Get outta here with that campy shit gramps

MM's actor left a void in all our hearts, I hope the company respects his image and doesn't cheapen it out to make a profit. That origin story they did in the retro style was kind cheesy but still a great tribute, I hope to see more like it.

Rebooting the characters with the Golden Age origin story and costumes was a great tribute to him and anyone who says otherwise has no heart.

And besides are there really people in this thread right now who like edgy MM more then campy, kind-hearted MM?

>tfw they cancelled the crimson chin run in the 80's
Still hurts, why did they have to end it on a cliffhanger?

Angry soccer moms sending hate mail because he was swearing

Because parents like respecting their kids independence by letting them read comics but assert their authority as parents by getting those same comics cancelled anyway

>implying you can't like both
I love classic MM but the darker run had a GOAT ManRay.

>That one issue where it was nothing but the Crimson Chin in the fetal position
Who the fuck looked at this part and gave the okay to distribute this?

This would unironically be the 2nd top comment on reddit

wtf bro, we never got the crossover issues in canada!? I didn't even know this existed until now!

Yeah but that's more the strength of the character as a whole than the author. Even in the worst runs like when they rebooted the IJLSA with legacy characters ManRay was always motherfuckin kino

the dirty bubble was flat-out body horror in the "dark" run

Same reason why they can't use Pumpkinator anymore, because he was too scary and edgy.

I'm hoping the new president of Crimson Comics will bring a new age in the series where they will actually stick to their guns.

hee hee

Oh shit I didn't hear about this? Is Marmelman getting canned?

Are you kidding, that arc was shit.
Making Crash Nebula job to the Pumpkinator in the opening act just to make Crimson Chin look tougher and so they could sell a mutated Crimson Chin action figure?

Fuck that.
And even better, in the ensuing Crash Nebula issues, they barely reference that he failed to save a whole planet.

>Cleft still hasn't gotten with her
It's been over 40 years how has there not been a single side story or elseworld with them together? Jesus its like no one even cares about her character. They abandoned her for the other shitty girl, Chloe.

Bendis?

I don't care what anyone says Hawk Gal & Cleft is the superior relationship, if only the writers would utilize her character instead of wasting it on cheap humor and badly drawn solo series

kek

>Forever body of Evil
>tfw the death of Opposite Chin

The crossover issues were only released in America and some eastern areas like Japan. Blame Blackhole Comics and their assbackwards limitations with other comic printers using Ultralord in crossover stuff.

It's called Pumpkinator's Cosmic Halloween Special of Doom: A Crimson Chin and Ultralord Story. If you can manage to hunt down all four issues I highly suggest a read. Just be aware that Pumpkinator has a different origin story in it but other then that it's a GOAT read and they did Pumpkinator's character justice.

did they recycle naked lad's design?
I think this designer has a shota fetish

Well, fuck me, I know what I'm reading this halloween.
Thanks for the heads up user

>mfw they ret-conned that being a nightmare created by Pumpkinator because the backlash was so bad
>mfw it was so bad that they ret-conned Pumpkinator into being a Crimson Chin villain years later

I'm proud that here it gets passed by.

How do you guys feel about the Country Boy/Bronze Kneecap comic. I feel like they didn't capture Bronze Kneecap well enough he only threatens to use his kneecap once.

>tfw they can't use Country Boy anymore because people would get triggered
I hope DChin get their shit together and stop listening to SJWs

Actually in Reborn it's revealed that it's a future Cleft who got stranded in the past thanks to NegaChin who wiped CC's memory of him before getting retconned out of existence

>pumpkinator is legitimately terrifying nigh unstoppable force of destruction that was only barely beaten by a mutated crimson chin and a deus ex machina
>subsequent appearances are background appearances as dumb muscle for various villain gangs
>jobs to all the new plucky heroes

that's when I knew the series was dead

Jesus Christ, who writes this shit?

And honestly why is Bronze Kneecap so hard for writers to portray correctly, he's not a one character punch line like the Brass Knuckles he has some real depth and connection in making the Crimson Chin who he is but all they do is turn him into a Saturday morning villain.

>complain about Bronze Kneecap not being used to full potential
>Titanium Toenail fans crying the corner

There is rumor of a solo with the Jack-O-Bots as sort of an evil Voltron like thing, I'd like to see what they do with it.

At least Titanium Toenail shows up when was the last time the Golden Gut got as story and wasn't just an excuse to make bad fat jokes.

>All these shitty comic wars
>Nobody talking about best hero show or best hero from said show
You all disappoint me

You just know they're going to try to make them sympathetic anti-heros to appeal to casuals

>they reboot Pumpkinator into being a Voltron made up of his fucking minions

I'd rather have the character stay unused. This blatant simplification of the character is a fate worst then death.

fucking creator's pet

We might get lucky and get some good characterization for them, up until now they have been do nothing parts taking a back seat to Pumpkinator.

His name's fucking Barry you goddam heretic

Remember when they turned Crash Nebula Black and Catman was trans?
That's what I call progressive.

So what does everyone think about Iron Lung's new design anyways?

Looks like something out of the cancelled 80's run and in a good way.

From what I know they will treat Pumpkinator as some sort of catch 22 where they start becoming more evil the more he is used before he takes over all of their minds permanently. I think this will be a more in depth look at their origin story.

>Meltman the best
>Not fucking Stinky Diver or hell, even The Flesh
The shittest out of taste

>fucking Sup Forumstards derailing a good thread again
It was a one off publicity stunt they rarely reference, calm down.

Wasn't it a guest author too that was outside continuity?

for good reason, pumpkinator is the cool part. don't fix what ain't broke. no one wants to watch bruce wayne walk around for an hour, they want batman.
Might be cool, has this idea been used before?