>Scorpion apparently not the villain in Spider-Man 2

>>Scorpion apparently not the villain in Spider-Man 2
>>Jeff Goldblum calls the Colosseum duels "Contest of Champions"
>>Beta Ray Bill, Man-Thing, Ares statues in Ragnarok
>>Kree/Skrull war for Carol's first film

Am I the only one getting the feeling Marvel is just burning through too much content now?

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/thor-ragnarok-rachel-house-topaz-sdcc-interview/
comicbook.com/marvel/2017/07/27/thor-ragnarok-rachel-house-topaz-valkyrie/
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ashema_(Earth-616)
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>>>Jeff Goldblum calls the Colosseum duels "Contest of Champions"
WHAT THE FUCK??
NOW THEIR SHILLLING THEYRE SHITTY MOBILE GAME IN THE MOVIDES????

Please leave

In my mother's small town, back in the 50s, a Smoke Squadron plane flew by.
The overly religious people thought it was doomsday.
among many demonstrations of insanity, a man ate everything he had in his house with his family, killed all the chickens and pigs.

That is what you do before the world ends or the bubble bursts.

>too much

Fuck that noise. Burn it all, go buck-wild with everything you can. I'm done with the notion of "just wait until you get the good stuff" and the whole point of having all these MCU films is the ability to do whatever you want.

This is why I think DC missed a trick and didn't just start doing full-on live action adations of their more iconic storylines disconnected by continuity.

A live action Dark Knight Returns would make gangbusters.

>Am I the only one getting the feeling Marvel is just burning through too much content now?
Yes.
Scorpion doesn't have to be locked in.
Contest of Champions is a throwaway line by an elder of the universe.
Visual cameos are just that.
The Kree are instrumental to Carol's origin. The Skrulls give her a really good enemy.

> The Grandmaster speaks to Thor after the battle with Hulk.

"Impressive, Thor, but have you faced my Puzzle Quest?"

>A live action Dark Knight Returns would make gangbusters.

But it would have been directed by Snyder and written by Goyer.

Always remember the monkey's paw, user.

>Strange does timefuckery to get Fury to open up an academy to train all the Avengers when they were young, including unfreezing Cap earlier than usual

Welcome, to this Avengers Academy!

>dark gritty movie director makes a dark gritty movie.
sure the bullets wouldn't be rubber but it would be faithful otherwise.

>implying he wouldn't add in a "tasteful" attempted rape of Carrie Kelly

>implying Snyder's Lucas-tier direction of actors wouldn't impact the movie

>implying he wouldn't sap the color out

This is excellent bait

This is a good post.

Thing is, DC did do that with BvS. Robin was already dead, Doomsday, the Death of Superman, and the fight all happened in the same fucking film. There was no reason to really care cause it all was just noise.

>Scorpion doesn't have to be locked in.
Yeah, but shouldn't he be the next villain? It feels like they're pulling a lame Shocker route.
>Contest of Champions is a throwaway line by an elder of the universe.
Don't tell me a Contest of Champions film between the Collector and Grandmaster wouldn't be awesome. Jeff Goldblum and Benicio Del Toro acting off each other is worth the ticket price.
>Visual cameos are just that.
I hope so, would rather they get explored.
>The Kree are instrumental to Carol's origin. The Skrulls give her a really good enemy.
I'm really wondering how the film will handle both races, cause they could use up a lot of their material fast.

>Mutant Leader is Brock Lesnar
>Batman is a Kevin Nash
>Mutants speak with their hands in hashtags and have memes splattered all over their shirts
>Its all a tie in to Justice League 3 where Barry uses the Cosmic Treadmill to steal a Motherbox from the Batcave
>Injustice Superman stand in for the second movie
>Trump stand in for Reagan
>Joker is just Jared Leto but even skinnier who only grunts because grim dark Batman tore out his tongue

Snyder would fucking love to do a Dark Knight Returns and I would pay out my fucking ass to see it.

That sounds more like a George Miller DKR then Snyder.

>I might live to see another Man-Thing movie get made.

Honestly I'd even settle for him showing up in Agents of Shield outside of that one mention by Hill of him actually existing.

>Yeah, but shouldn't he be the next villain?
He should be saved for Sinister Six in the third movie.

Based on what exactly?
Were there any rapes in MoS or BvS?

What content? It's all just fluff.
You won't, you'll get a meaningless cameo/namedrop

No, but there was in Sucker Punch and he added one into 300 for no reason.

Never in a million years would I have thought we'd get a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, and yet, here we are.

I no longer believe that there is a 0% chance, user. The world has become a crazy place.

This, and with Marvel TV eating up Runaways, Defenders, New Warriors, and every other property, it's a concern that the movies will have much material pots Avengers 4, especially if they're throwing away bigger projects for gags.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Thunderbolts movie. Scale back the grim dark shit from the Suicide Squad and give it a lighter tone using interesting villains already introduce while having some gag villains. that become useful later on.

I kind of wonder if Gunn would do Thunderbolts. Apparently GOTG 3 starts filming next year (not entirely sure from source, but Gunn apparently says it'll start then) so that could free him up for T-Bolts.

And Gunn has shown to buy Songbird issues of stuff

With what villains?

>Yeah, but shouldn't he be the next villain? It feels like they're pulling a lame Shocker route.
It seems natural, though. They set up Scorpion was just a gangster, so I could see him being a minor villain or even a henchman to whoever they settle on as the main villain.

>interesting villains already introduced

Have seen thr MCU?

Do we even have enough surviving villains to make it work?

Uhhh...well, who is left alive at this point that would make sense?

Zemo, Abomination, Justin Hammer, Vulture, then some fresh blood?

Technically we still The Leader in play from the Hulk movie. Yellow Jacket is technically in the Microverse. Also have Abomination.

Why do people keep insisting the T-Bolts must be made up of the previous established villains?

That's usually been the entire draw

Because Marvel realized years ago that crossovers make fucking money. Having a character that was already established within the MCU gives a normie viewer that "I'm part of the club" satisfaction.

Because it would be hype and sell

yes especially on the tv side of things

daredevil, luke cage, jessica jones, cloak and dagger are all fine, because of the street level shit and that their powers/lack of powers are easy to to do on a tv budget.

iron fist was a mistake for tv because kunlun, the dragon, and getting his costume to look good can only work on a film budget.

same with inhumans, runaways, new warriors. you literally can't make good looking costumes and have the great effects they deserve on a tv budget.

agents of shield also ruined deathlok and several other cool c to d listers.

jeph loeb needs to step away and fiege needs to chat with iger over this.

Not to mentions we've had Dark Knight Returns twice now, plus No Man's Land and Knightfall.

Like, Zemo, Justin Hammer, etc could work. Vulture is a pretty high paying actor that isn't guaranteed cause he's up there in age at this point. Say what you will about Sam Jackson, but his MCU roles aren't exactly exhausting.
Abomination doesn't seem like he'd much of a personality beyond basic stuff.

>using things from the forgotten hulk movie

kek they wont. also abomination would be pointless. tony would just send his legion of hulk busters to fuck his shit up

>kek they wont. also abomination would be pointless
Usually they have a powerhouse on their team. I mainly started reading T-bolts for Juggernaut then actually started reading more runs because of it.

>Forgotten Hulk movie
We did get General Ross in Civil War. But I gueses you're right. I'm glad we didn't get Betty back into the mainstream. Fuck Liv Tyler. Although I am saddened we will never see The Leader.

>Implying Tony is going survive Infinity War
We'll see good buddy.

And watchmen if memory serves

They'll just reboot the universe and start over using time travel or something and have different characters develop like the ones from Netflix and other tv shows with Cap dying instead of getting frozen.

Marvel is at least keeping the possibility open.

-The Raft introduced
-Zemo didn't die
-Everett Ross and Thaddeus Ross in Civil War
-Iron Man and Patriot using sonic weapons similar to what Songbird could use (sonic weapons were also in 2008 Hulk)
-Ghost is being introduced in Ant Man and Wasp

Marvel still has some heroes they can use besides the Fantastic 4 (who aren't really popular outside the US and not even that popular now in the US). If they make the Netflix and/or other tv shows non-canonical or change the movie timeline with time travel they can bring in those characters after they've increased in notoriety and just maybe have to deal with backlash for changing the timeline.

There's still villains that appeared in only one or a few series of particular comics that could be changed to be used as an overarching threat. There's also stuff like Chthon, Oblivion, some 'Abstract Entities', some Elders of the Universe, and Deviants.

The large majority of the people seeing the movies haven't read the comics or have much familiarity with villains that haven't been shown in a movie yet unless they are Spider-Man or X-Men villains. If they really wanted to, Marvel can use some characters that appear in very few comics, but are described as being very powerful or having interesting backgrounds. For example, Marvel could use the Exo-Mind as a villain or at least a danger to characters/people on Earth and even have Lifestones and/or Bloodstone fragments in various movies if they wanted to make movies that have a similar idea to Infinity Stones. This could be involved with bringing in Moonstone due to the stone that's her namesake.

>Fast

How much Marvel history have we actually gone through so far in the past decade?

Infinity Gauntlet
World War Hulk
Civil War
Age of Ultron~

When you include origin stories, there is a lot of shit to explore. Especially given that most of the actors will probably only give 20 years tops.

>>implying Snyder's Lucas-tier direction of actors
Are you fucking insane?
JEH, JDM, Shannon, Affleck & Adams individually gave better performances then the entire collective acting of all 3 prequels combined.

>>implying he wouldn't sap the color out
TDKR wasn't colorful faggot.

The bullets were not rubber in the comic ether, we see the tank shells explode sending mutants flying.

We need more folk wisdom in Sup Forums. Really classes the joint up.

Batroc ze Leaper

So is Marvel allowed to use Jim Hammond outside of the one-off cameo in TFA, or is the Fox F4 deal screwing them out of him?

Will we see him again?

What happens if they ran out of material from pre-SJW Marvel?

Probably never, no.

There's literally decades of material.
And there's plenty of "SJW Marvel" that's fine and ripe for adaptation.

Lol. Nice try Snyder.

He's the one plot thread I really want tied up.

The Elders of the Universe and the Celestials are the same in the MCU and have since lost their Celestial godhood or are deliberately choosing to remain as humans for their own reasons. The Collector is Gammenon the Gatherer, the Grandmaster is Jemiah the Analyzer and Ego the Living Planet (The Gardener) is Tiamut the Communicator aka The Dreaming Celestial.

1) In the comics, the main goal of the Elders of the Universe during their first appearances were to become "Galacti" -- all powerful godlike beings in the vein as Galactus. So them having previously been those gods or becoming those gods wouldn't be out of the question.

2) In Guardians 1 when the team heads to Knowhere, they are told by the Collector to head to one of his bars -- an establishment known as "The Boot of Jemiah". If you don't already know, Jemiah the Analyzer is a Celestial in the comics who was responsible for analyzing living specimens taken from planets. But since Jemiah's job is mainly analysis, the entity that is responsible for actually acquiring those specimens for Jemiah is Gammenon the Gatherer.

3) Gammenon was close with Ziran the Tester who was a pink and blue Celestial responsible for testing the genetic potential of different alien species. Testing different alien species is kind of what the Grandmaster is all about which is partly why I think there is a connection. Also, if you rewatch the Thor Ragnarok trailer, not only is there a good amount of Celestial imagery sprinkled throughout, but there is an extremely prevalent pink and blue color scheme all over the stadium as well as on Rachel House's outfit and the Grandmaster. Thor Ragnarok director Taika Waititi posted a picture of himself wearing a Ziran the Tester mask on set online not too long ago.

>Scorpion apparently not the villain in Spider-Man 2
What does that have to do with anything? Besides Scorpion without JJJ having been a thing for a while loses some power.

The space Puzzle Quest game I remember being really good

(Rachel House is likely playing someone who will become or was the Ziran the Tester, Ashema the Listener, an amalgam of the two Celestials, or an equivalent being. If she is supposed to be more like Ashema with her powers, then they have her dressed more like Ziran at one point at least in the trailer for some reason. She might also do/have done things at some point in the movie universe like Ziran has done in the comics. Who knows if she'll ever be/was referred to by these names in the movie universe.

I think they might have decided to make Ziran be played by a woman at least partly due to Ziran's outfit . I wouldn't be surpsrised if Tefral the Surveyor and Oneg the Prober will be played by women as well due to the pink on their outfits in the comics. They might even make them all related somehow as a way to explain the similar color schemes if it seems less cliched/sexist for the women to wear pink that way.)

Rachel House says in an interview that she is playing a character called Topaz.

screenrant.com/thor-ragnarok-rachel-house-topaz-sdcc-interview/
>"What can you tell us about Topaz because this is the first time we have heard this news?
>Rachel House: Well I see her as the Grandmaster’s bodyguard."
>Rachel House: Well I just feel that he has all the power in the whole universe, so he’s very effervescent and he’s old and he stores a whole lot of energy. So I think when you’ve been around that long and you have total authority, what can you do but be happy? And I mean that is Topaz’s role as well is to just calm him down with her standard grumpy miserableness.
>Anything with your character in relation to the Collector?
>Rachel House: I can’t say.

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/07/27/thor-ragnarok-rachel-house-topaz-valkyrie/
>“When you’re standing next to the Grandmaster, who can destroy anything with his wand-thing — and he’s millions of years old — no one compares to the Grandmaster.”

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ashema_(Earth-616)
>A female Celestial who took human form while on a mission with Nezzar the Calculator. The two were to take Franklin Richards back to presumably the One Above All Celestial for evaluation. However, Franklin taught Ashema the gifts and curses of human emotion and caused her to change her mind about Franklin and all of humanity for that matter. She eventually defied her Celestial Brethren and saved Franklin's Counter Earth by storing it inside of her.
>The Dreaming Celestial, a renegade, entered the Counter Earth and began corrupting it and Ashema. Eventually Ashema retaliated and fell under the complete control of the Dreaming Celestial. She was eventually saved by the Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom and helped recapture the Dreaming Celestial. It is presumed that she left Earth to rejoin the other Celestials.

4) Ego the Living Planet is an amalgamation of both The Gardener and Ego the Living Planet who are both Elders of the Universes in the comics.

The Human Ego's physical appearance and clothing are very similar to those of The Gardener. Ego trying to garden the universe to death is a big red arrow towards The Gardener to me.

In terms of Ego's Celestialhood, I think he could be The Dreaming Celestial based on an Easter Egg I think I may have seen during my viewing of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. If you study at the doorways in the bedrooms of Ego's mansion, they all appear to be extremely similar in form to the outline of the face of the blue and yellow version of The Dreaming Celestial. Also, if I'm remembering correctly, the castle itself also has a blue and gold color scheme that is visually similar to that of The Dreaming Celestial himself.

Since The Dreaming Celestial is a Celestial that was shoved inside of a planet after being betrayed by all the other Celestials, making Ego have a connection to that Celestial in particular could be something that I can totally see Marvel Studios doing.

You can see the two people in the blue and pink outfits to the left and right of House in that picture have masks similar to Ziran's from early Celestial comics art. House appears to be wearing an outfit with similar blue and pink colors.

< You can see another pic of the yellow plastic wand thingy. Compare it to the stick thingy the Celestial Gammenon is holding in the Celestial info picture.

...so, Tennessee, Alabama, Ohio or Utah?

You're retarded

aren't skrulls ff fox only?

No

Only the Super Skrull. Fox and Disney can share the Skrulls as a race.

Brazil

Ever seen Watchmen? It was a straight downgrade from the source material. Dark Knight Returns would be the same.

Watchmen had the rape in the comic, casual

>It was a straight downgrade from the source material.
Can't upgrade perfection user

H-how did you know that?

google