Why Amerifats and Eurocucks are trying to mimic japanese animation style? I know Avatar: TLoA was a good series...

Why Amerifats and Eurocucks are trying to mimic japanese animation style? I know Avatar: TLoA was a good series, but this shit needs to stop.
This can look good with standard animation.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x262srt
leseanthomas.tumblr.com/post/149048868536/the-movemnt-the-truth-about-all-lives-matter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>standard animation.
>Family Guy
>American Dad
>Simpsons
>Rick and Morty

Nah

Are you telling them what to do?

If so, why here? Do you actually think they are here, reading your posts?

I dont see the problem with EU/US studios taking elements from diferent styles to create their own, as long as the whole thing has good quality/serves a purpose.

France has Dofus/Wakfu series and it pretty good.
The new Castlevania had possitive critics and was well received.

As far as I saw, Children of Ether looks promising.

Becaue Japanese animation style literally copied from Amerifats and Eurocucks in animation. Plus who gives a shit about which animation style you use so long as you deliver a good product.

Stop being salty and grow up.

Taking inspiration from anime isn't a bad thing, putting a japanese subtitle in your show's logo because it takes inspiration from anime is stupid

The really real reason?

These productions are being animated in Korea, not America, because it's cheaper. American animation studios only turn out shit like Southpark and Family Guy.

Anyway, they're being animated in Korea for cost, and the Koreans, surprise, have their own animation style which they cribbed from their neighbors (just like how Japan cribbed it's style from Disney)

THAT is why.

>tiny fox like creature on someone's shoulder as a pet

what's the obsession with this?

You sound like a retard. You're only pretending, right?

You know this has an actual japanese studio behind this right?

Is the DC style "standard animation"?

Somebody watched Nausicaä 17 times.

>Castlevania
>well received
It has mixed review user.

this

no it doesn't. Sup Forums being contrarian don't fucking count.

>
The creator is Lesean Thomas I think. He has some well known friends in the anime industry. Sup Forums can't discuss any of his work withount flipping a tit over politics.

>Abloo bloo bloo American cartoons suck! Anime da best desu!

Why do weebs waste minutes of their life starting these threads on Sup Forums?

>complaining about anime style on burgerland cartoon
>meanwhile, we have more teen titans GO

God I'd like a change to begin with.

user, I dont think weebs would complain about a style they worship.

Based French fries
Viva la France

I assume that western "standard" animation should look something more like Spawn's style

This is detailed similarly to anime, but you can tell it it isn't anime

Where the fuck is his goddamnn nose

french has shit art
just because they're also perverted as hell, people give them a pass.
seriously, I always look at french comics, and something feels "off"

is this a kids show in France? Time to learn french

>As far as I saw, Children of Ether looks promising.

First episode is online and it was pretty nonsensical. The narrative did fuck all to establish any reason to give a fuck about the main character or the fucked up world she inhabits. It's all style and no substance but somehow still "too deep 4 u" pretentious all at the same time.

If this is the level of story telling Lesean Thomas is capable of, Cannon Busters is gonna have some serious problems.

>putting the title in katakana below the logo

I get they want it to look like anime but that's really putting too fine a point on it.

Avatar was a piece of shit when Children of Ether make Tom & Jerry and Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory look good.

For anyone that wants to learn about the history of animation please read this as it will same your life one day.
Castlevania:TAS was viewed as "please brush this under the rug and pretend it never happen".

Children of Ether is so bad it made Tom & Jerry and Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory look good it's that bad.
No, this is dailymotion.com/video/x262srt

>This can look good with standard animation
no

the animation looks good but thw riting and voice acting is garbage

>Why Amerifats and Eurocucks are trying to mimic japanese animation style?
are you saying americans are no longer allowed to work with the japanese, because there where japanese hands that touched this.

Because we aren't as good at drawing and animating as the Japanese. They perfected 2D animation and set the standard.

Famicom, before other anons chase you out, what's your oppnion on animation that is niether American or Japanese like:
Song of the sea
villanos
emara: emirates hero

Look at OP's pic again. That isn't """taking elements""" it's literally just ripping of anime. The same as what Gooks and Chinks do.

Looks like the Amerifats appropriated a few ideas from Nausicaa too.

Damn you Amerifats!!

huh.
so this is what TMSfaggotry looks like at full power.

you crossdressing crossboarding faggots need to take the Imperial dicks out of your mouths and asses and stop dribbling this disgusting filth all over Sup Forums. No one country had perfected the art of animation and anime is the least likely candidate in that regard even if you cherry pick your best examples (as you types tend to do).

drawing cartoons in the West is a shameful act and is considered a waste of talent by the conservative masses that value blue and white collar jobs over such undignified work. the only exception being those artists that can say "I work at Disney" because it is universally excepted that DISNEY is the pinnacle of achievement in the world of animation and everything else is sub par. even your beloved Ghibli studios languished in obscurity and was only made relevant in the 21st century because Disney acquired them. and what happened once they were thrust onto the world stage with the opportunity to show just what Japanese animation is truly capable of? It dissolved. one disappointing release after another until eventually even it's founder had to proclaim famously that "Anime was a Mistake".

>Perfected 2D animation
>The Japanese
puh-fucking-leeeeease, weeaboofag.
crawl back to Sup Forums with your other shut-in faggots and get back to dressing up as this weeks latest loli waifu fascination and jerking yourselves off-- the only thing your anime seems to inspire from you lot.

>Children of Ether looks promising.
They made us sit through 20 mins of it when i went to see ancient magus bride
It's TERRIBLE
Dialogue is like bad naruto fanfiction
Plot is the most tripe, overtly badass female trope ever
And the animator seems to just have a black girl fetish, which is why he was chosen.

you sound mad user. Maybe you just need to go watch a marvel movie.

>Lesean Thomas
leseanthomas.tumblr.com/post/149048868536/the-movemnt-the-truth-about-all-lives-matter

really makes you think

About Europe, well, the French are known to be huge ass weebaboos so naturally, they will base a shit ton of stuff on Anime.
German cartoons after the 80's are basically Anime with different target audience, artstyle and tropes. Everything else pretty much stays the same tho, everything is based off a book, they cut so many corners it's almost a circle, structured themes, less experimenting with shapes etc etc.

What an autistic post.

how long do you need to think about a black guy having a black guy opinion on a black guy political agenda??

that was a rhetorical question, I don't actually care what you think or how long it takes you.

>go watch a marvel movie.
the plebian choice.

the best capefag movies are made by Dark Horse

>one disappointing release after another until eventually even it's founder had to proclaim famously that "Anime was a Mistake".
You do know that it's just a meme and Miyazaki never actually said that? It's just funny and seems in-character for him, since he's such a grumpy old fart who ain't fond of otaku culture and doesn't like what the young generation is doing. Which may explain why he cannot let go of his studio and seems determined to take with him into his grave rather than handing it over to the young'uns.

But back on-topic
>Why Amerifats and Eurocucks are trying to mimic japanese animation style?
Because anime is popular, simple as that. It's the circle of life, user. Back in the 30s all they way to the 50s, it was Japanese who tried to mimic the Disney style. Because that shit was popular during that era. Somewhere down the road, the Japs started to create their own wildly successful style of animation whereas Western cartoons kind of stagnated. For whatever reason, cartoons tended to be more restricted in their subject matter with most being either kids' shows or sitcoms with a little capeshit inbetween. Anime on the other hand was able to capture a young adult/teen audience. When those teens became older and started working in the Western industry, of course they would try to emulate what they had enjoyed themselves back in the day, which was anime. And it's not really a bad thing. You gotta learn from the successful and adapt, or die. I like to think the Western industry has a chance to rise like a phenix from the ashes and dominate once more. I'm probably deluding myself tho.

>I like to think the Western industry has a chance to rise like a phenix from the ashes and dominate once more. I'm probably deluding myself tho.
you're most certainly deluding yourself, user.
as long as the metric for success in western animation is how many toys it sells rather than the quality and content of the work, it's doomed to languish.
hollywood revolves around the critics, the general audiences and their reviews of the work.
the video gaming industry as well.

no one cares about anyone's opinion on which cartoons are "great works". the public at large still sees animation as 30 minute toy and cereal commercials, 90 minute babysitters and raunchy after-hours smut for "adults".
there is no standard or metric for what is a "good" cartoon much less great ones in the West.
there is only a brand.
and that brand is Disney. and also maybe sometimes Dreamworks... wait, nope, no. it's just Disney.

until this zeitgeist is overturned and a new paradigm is born, animation in the West will never rise.

Ah yes, standard western animation

Definitely not something I can watch while eating

>He-Man
>Asian outsourcing

nice, you nearly got me... what else is bullshit in that graphic?

Same here.
The dialogs were pretty bad and I can speak better spanish than the guy who voiced that gang leader.

Anime is not a style you fucking moron.

Weird I watched its about 14 minutes and just established the MC and world, nothing else.

Where does the "DEEP" part come in? Did you see a version I didn't? Oh you were just talking out of your ass weren't you?

But American cartoons inspired by anime do tend to have a cohesive style of what people think anime looks like.

>Where does the "DEEP" part come in?
english must not be your first language.

The fact that you took seriously the "anime was a mistake" meme is enough to show that you are either baiting or willfully fucking ignorant about what you are talking about.
Also that "puh-lee-see" screams of tumblr and looks autistic to read, and shows that you have a bias towards Japanese animation.

Yes it is. You must be new to Sup Forums

This.

>animation like this is dead

I think stylistically it looks good but the designs still manage to look extremely boring.

Really Thomas' work always strikes me as horribly uninspired, or maybe too inspired by a very narrow selection of anime. Dude needs to get some taste.

The designs look pretty good actually. Simple and stylish. The character designer from Michiko to Hatching worked on this too.

Now I have to wonder what the future of this is considering Cannon Busters just got picked up by Netflix.

Anime's animation style is completely different from Western animation. And if you meant character design, that's completely different too. So I don't know what you are talking about.

>(just like how Japan cribbed it's style from Disney)
Yeah, no.

>No one country had perfected the art of animation and anime is the least likely candidate in that regard
It is the best candidate, by far.

>even your beloved Ghibli studios languished in obscurity and was only made relevant in the 21st century because Disney acquired them
Ghibli and Miyazaki were big in Japan before Disney, who only distribute their films in America. Disney has nothing to do with their success.

>and what happened once they were thrust onto the world stage with the opportunity to show just what Japanese animation is truly capable of? It dissolved.
Yeah, like seventeen years and eleven movies later. The world had also already seen anime (Akira, Ghost in the Shell).

>one disappointing release after another until
This didn't actually happen.

>ntil eventually even it's founder had to proclaim famously that "Anime was a Mistake".
Neither did this. He never said that.

>Yeah, no.

good argument.

It's not his studio, and what "otaku" are doing is of no consequence to Ghibli.

Try reading what I wrote above that.

I'm seeing words and sentences, but they're not coming together to form coherent statements

What was not coherent about what I said?

all of it

Provide quotes and explanations.

nah, ain't gonna do it
but this is Sup Forums, not Sup Forums, so only weeb crossboarders care about your autism

Then you admit you made a false accusation.

>autism
Prove that I have autism.

>It is the best candidate, by far.
on what grounds do you base this opinion? what makes you think Japan of all places has "perfected" animation as a craft? by what metric?
perfected the craft of milking 2D perverts and shut ins out of their money? perfected the craft of alienating all but the most hardcore otaku with their moe waifu garbage?

>Ghibli and Miyazaki were big in Japan before Disney
you are delusional. "big in Japan" is basically the same as "invisible to the world".
Japan's all time box office successes are but a microcosm compared to that of Hollywood. Ghibli is "Japanese successful". Disney is the entire fucking world. your inability to see the larger picture here is staggering.

>Yeah, like seventeen years and eleven movies later. The world had also already seen anime (Akira, Ghost in the Shell).
a handful of anime and visual art nerds scattered across the globe saw Akira and Ghost in the Shell. MAYBE a slightly larger margin might recognize them by name and know that they are Chinese cartoons. THE WORLD has seen Frozen. several times.

>This didn't actually happen.
face facts. Ghibli peaked in 2001. You're living in the past, idolizing foreign works just because it's exotic and panders to your particular fetishes.
but by all means, please do tell us how great From Up on Poppy Hill is and how it pushed the craft to new heights not since seen since Spirited Away.

>He never said that.
Oh, my bad.
>“Almost all Japanese animation is produced with hardly any basis taken from observing real people, you know.”
>“It’s produced by humans who can’t stand looking at other humans.”
>“And that’s why the industry is full of otaku!”

Perfection.

Why have all but one reaction be from Snyder's movies?

Mostly about being short, because clearly they just released a small part of a full show, which is something very common in a hard and expensive medium like animation, look at Voltro LD also had to release just half a season.

>on what grounds do you base this opinion?
It's the most highly developed, sophisticated an diverse form of animation, and barely even has any competition.

>perfected the craft of milking 2D perverts and shut ins out of their money? perfected the craft of alienating all but the most hardcore otaku with their moe waifu garbage?
Nobody is being "milked" or "alienated," there is nothing "perverted" going on, and "shut-ins" are a meme. The industry is staffed by otaku/fans and there is nothing abnormal about "moe" anime. You are just blindly repeating popular talking points that make no sense.

>you are delusional. "big in Japan" is basically the same as "invisible to the world".
Is it also my delusion that Princess Mononoke broke the Japanese box office record?

>Japan's all time box office successes are but a microcosm compared to that of Hollywood.
>Disney is the entire fucking world.
What does this have to do with anything?

>a handful of anime and visual art nerds scattered across the globe saw Akira and Ghost in the Shell.
They were seen by more than just niche audiences.

>THE WORLD has seen Frozen. several times.
Ok.

>face facts. Ghibli peaked in 2001.
With a movie that still remains the highest grossing in Japanese history. Obviously it is a little difficult to top that.

>You're living in the past, idolizing foreign works just because it's exotic and panders to your particular fetishes.
I don't have even the faintest idea what you are talking about here.

>but by all means, please do tell us how great From Up on Poppy Hill is and how it pushed the craft to new heights not since seen since Spirited Away.
It is a good movie but I didn't say anything about it "pushing the craft to new heights."

>Oh, my bad.
Miyazaki doesn't know anything about otaku or modern anime, he only provides the illusion of authority and knowledge because he's a famous anime movie director.

So you think it important to note that Princess Mononoke broke some insignificant Japanese record, yet when asked to compare that success to that of Disney's it's suddenly
>What does this have to do with anything?

But then you turn around and go back to crowing about how it's the highest grossing something something in Japanese history
(which is false. that "honor" currently belongs to Kimi no Na wa) yet when Ghibli's own founder calls out the entire anime industry suddenly the producer/director of Japan's highest grossing films suddenly only has the "illusion of authority and knowledge"

anime is a niche within the larger world of animation. it's dynamic and appeals to creatives and inspires and challenges them to push the envelope in terms of action and storytelling. it has potential like any other medium but ultimately it is wasted because the producers of Japan are more interested in selling pillow cases and figurines than they are in breaking new ground. And now they've even fallen into the Hollywood trap of remaking old IPs like Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Berserk and FLCL.

anime in and of itself may not have been a mistake, but it sure is set on flooding the market with them.

>So you think it important to note that Princess Mononoke broke some insignificant Japanese record
Breaking the national box office record is not insignificant, least of all in a country of 120+ million people and a vibrant film industry.

>yet when asked to compare that success to that of Disney's it's suddenly
>What does this have to do with anything?
Well yeah. What does it have to do with anything? I don't get it.

>which is false. that "honor" currently belongs to Kimi no Na wa
It is or may be the highest grossing when accounting for international sales, which I didn't do. I was talking about domestic gross.

>yet when Ghibli's own founder calls out the entire anime industry suddenly the producer/director of Japan's highest grossing films suddenly only has the "illusion of authority and knowledge"
Again: Miyazaki does not know anything about otaku and modern anime. He just doesn't. He seems very authoritative on the matter because he's big man Miyazaki and says exactly what his Western disciples want to hear, and it's not like they know any more about those topics than he does. Miyazaki's lack of knowledge on these topics does not in any way contradict his status as a film director.

>ultimately it is wasted
More meme nonsense. Westerners have hysterically latched onto body pillows as some epic bogeyman even though they're a minority of merchandise and have no importance. Merchandise in general is a by-product of anime that only sells when people are interested in the anime, and most of it is made by third parties outside the production committee. Merchandise is just another way of financing anime production, because surprise surprise it costs money to make anime. American shows are funded by advertising revenue, yet never have I seen anyone accuse them of pandering to advertisers.

Anime is extremely diverse and creative and regularly engages in all kinds of artsy and unusual pursuits, and most people in the industry are there because they like anime. Yet the narrative in the West is always the exact opposite. The West has constructed and proceeded to attack a fake reality that has little if anything to do with real anime in the real world.

>And now they've even fallen into the Hollywood trap
It has nothing to do with Hollywood and it goes back to at least the early 80s when there was a new adaptation of Astro Boy. Long-running franchises like Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon make up a small minority of new anime series. And Berserk, for one, is not an old IP they dug up for a reboot, it's an on-going series.

I know autism when I see it

t. also autistic

Prove that I have autism.

t. also autistic

Prove that I have autism. If you refuse to comply you automatically admit that you made a false accusation.

I didn't make it, but maybe there weren't any screaming characters left

So much insignificant arguing just to say
>Anime is inferior because it's made by non-whites.
Just say what you mean already.

t. also autistic

Ok, so you admit that you made a false accusation. You admit that you are wrong. Any further claims about me being autistic are invalid, no matter how many times you make them.

Your speedy replies and aggressive need to prove yourself right suggest autism to me

t. also autistic

You already admitted you are wrong. You clearly, unambigiously acknowledged that you are wrong. Any further accusations you make are automatically invalid no matter what you say.

okay, autismo, you don't need to posture to me, we're all autists here

You were asked to provide evidence. You refused. You were asked to provide evidence under the condition that failure to do so will lead to you automatically acknowledging that you are wrong. You still refused. You have dug yourself into a hole and have no way out. You have lost. You have no possible means of winning this no matter how much you keep posting.

Furthermore, considering that Sup Forums claims virtually all people are autistic, what significance would it even have that I'm autistic? You might as well accuse me of having two arms and legs.

cool your autism

See and .

This

Anime's animation style is completely different.

you're too autistic to make me mad, but you're starting to annoy me

See and .

>handing it over
If Anno didn't have Khara, Miyazaki would've gave it to his adpopted son.

this is weapons-grade autism

Miyazaki doesn't own Ghibli.

See and .

See and .

See and .

I really can't comprehend why you are still keeping this up, and why "autism" became such a source of batshit crazy hysteria on Sup Forums in the first place.

autism.