It sucked

Disney couldn't have picked a weaker first two episodes to play on repeat for 24 hours.

A few noticable problems off the bat:
>the triplets are annoying as fuck. Probably the worst incarnation of HDL since Quack Pack. Always yelling, never listening to anyone, and shown to be grossly incompetent. I was cheering for Dewey to die in that scene where Donald has to keep saving his skin.
>Webby is similarity bad, instead this time she's OVERLY competent (except in social situations for some reason because women "comedy" XD) Basically Mabel 2.0 except with Wendy's physical skills, making the ultimate bland female character
>Donald's voice sounds super off and can make his scenes hard to sit through (and this us coming from a guy who loves classic Donald shorts)
>pacing is really fucking bad. They're trying to jam in too much content into 22 minutes. It just feels bloated and the opposite of a good adventure.
>animation quality is subpar. Character design is really bad in everyone except Scrooge, Donald and Launchpad. Fell for the 'silhouettes" meme and made characters like Glomgold fat for no reason. Ugly ass angular designs that spit in the face of Barks' work.
>terrible soundtrack. Please try humming a memorable tune that isn't the butchured theme song
>going with a hacky adventure setting like Atlantis for your first episode wasn't a good idea

Of course people will defend it in the name of "fun" but these people are retards who defend Rick and Morty season 3.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FFyoAGkEcHg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>i think Sup Forums is my own personal blog

So one thread wasn't enough for this?

I hope no one bothers arguing with this overdramatic drivel.

I disagree wither everything except for HDL. They are on the levels of Quack Pack.

>terrible soundtrack. Please try humming a memorable tune that isn't the butchured theme song

Did a few times. It got cut by a smidge, but I enjoyed singing it like every time it ear worms into my head.

That guy's a moron. This OP might be competent.

No rebuttal. So you admit I'm right.

Fuck you, I liked it.

>made characters like Glomgold fat for no reason.
Gloomgold was always a fatass that only sits and orders. It contratst well with Scrooge adventure spirit.

Some people enjoy having feces shoveled into their face, we're not here to judge.

>we're not here to judge.
Wouldn't want to take time away from pointless bitching.

you sad meek little homo. my children pity you, but mock you behind your back. my hope is that whatever plus sized skin walking tub stain that is puzzled into allowing the thin dribble of mild semen inside her, kills you in your troubled sleep. and then herself, knowing that it is the only way to stop the spread of your petulant seed. may you never know peace or rest or the touch of any living being.

Not to mention masochism

>Alex Hirsch's antifa feminist beard "girlfriend" is one of the showrunners
>people actually expected this to be good
Sad!

It's a woman's time to shine!

No one wants to talk to you thats why. Even if you are wrong or right, no one wants to read your blog.

>>Webby is similarity bad, instead this time she's OVERLY competent (except in social situations for some reason because women "comedy" XD)
I hate this the most, god she's horrible. Why can't people make a good female character without fucking it up?

Because women are never funny but despite that they always want the character to make quips, be quirky, and be the loveable one.

Or they give them stupid "aw yea BOOSH! SON!!" way of talking and it makes it even worse.

More to that no current women are funny. They used to be but that's been decades past.

Yea, I can accept that.

I'll re-read this instead, thank you very much.

>Sup Forums hates it

Might be good then, after all Sup Forums loves the Emoji movie

It died around the late 80s early 90s. I don't know what happened. But it just died out.

plenty of people seemed to like it in the other thread

>oh no, my nostalgia!

Please. Just keep in mind, your version of this cartoon was shit. You were just able to like it as a child. The current iteration is meant for NEW young people that still have a soul, you fucking twat.

OP is right. It is bad.

I do find it cute how there's an attempt at generating discussion by shitting on it instead of just enjoying the show for what it is.

I agree. Disneycucks rekt again. Ducktales? More like Webbytales featuring other incompetents ducks that are male.

any link for download?

>i-it's not discussion if people don't suck its cock and ignore all the garbage the show has
Eat shit.

You're trying too hard at being an angry teenager.

I would ask genuinely why that's an issue or maybe even argue it's not nearly as prevalent as you make it seem, but seeing as you used both cuck and rekt in the same post all intelligent discussion is out the window here.

>"If you don't like it you can't discuss it"
WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?

In a boring bait thread made by a drama queen who desires attention.

>shoehorn Rick and Morty bashing because it's what is popular with cool kid from the sekrit club Sup Forums nowadays
It's bait
Fuck you

>cool kid from the sekrit club Sup Forums
You deserve gas

>make female characters the big mystery

So is it Gravity Falls 2.0 or not? (The answer may determine whether I watch it.)

Who cares if you watch it.

Your japanese imagebaord is a magnet for arrogant hipster manchildren

I do.

liked it, maybe because I love Donald as a character in general

>I was cheering for Dewey to die in that scene where Donald has to keep saving his skin.
stopped reading at this autism

>WAAAAAAH I HATE THINGS THAT ARE GOOD, FUN, AND ENTERTAINING

I think you may have severe grade of autism if u think we give a shit about you watching it or not.

That's subjective, dickhead

Third wave feminism and every corporation's attempt to catch on with "grrrl power!!!!" Made it so female characters have to be better at guys at everything. It's stupid. It's not equality, it's putting down guys and babying girls so they never have to learn any lessons.
Unless you meant real life women then idk, the less funny ones might have connections that let them get on shows more easily, while the actual funny ones look to the internet to do their shit.

Real life women don't need to be funny, or just about any other characteristic, because they have the pussy pass. Media is reflecting that now.

The kids have always been annoying little fuckers. Actually IMO, in the original Scrooge was the only character who wasn't annoying. Everyone else should've died at the end of every episode similar to Kenny from South Park.

Now Donald and Scrooge are the only characters who aren't annoying as fuck.

>Scrooge McDuck is the greatest duck in the world!
>First five minutes

DROPPED!

In the orig9nal, Huey, dewy and Louie weren't excited about staying with Scrooge and Scrooge viewed them as an unprofitable burden. The story of the original series pilot movie was about the characters developing into actually forming bonds and Scrooge ultimately choosing family over unfathomable wealth.

This new series is already off to a bad start...

I think women are funny when they're not trying to be, because then its just "my vagina" this and "his penis" that.

In the original, Donald shoved the kids off to Scrooge because he wanted to join the navy and see the world for a few months or even years. The kids wanted to stay with Donalds, and hated the idea of being separated from him.

In the new iteration, Donald only wants to quickly park off the kids for a few hours for a job interview because the babysitter has been pranked away by the kids into the middle of nowhere. The kids in the new version want to be away from him because he's the most boring uncle they can imagine, always nagging on about their safety and making sure that nothing bad happens to them.

In the old version, the kids were little kids.
In the new version, the kids are almost teenagers.

Its really boring. Donald/Scrooge chemistry is like ex-wife. All the 4 kids are awful. The dialog and jokes are boring jibber. Talking talking talking.

Its too over the top. What excitement is there for future episodes, when Scrooge's garage holds legendary artifacs, dragons, ghost pirates and headless-manhorse abomination. Its just going to be more jibbering on different backdrops. The kids talking and talking and talking, from japan to egypt, just constant fucking nuisance.

Are you fucking serious? You're dismissing the series because the pilot doesn't tell the same story the original's pilot did? This has got to be the most retarded criticism about this show I've seen yet.

>wanted to join the navy
He was called back to the navy service I thought. He didn't want to go either.

>The show is not like the pilot so it's bad
Bruh, that is retarded. You were expecting it to be a 1:1 copy?

Grow up

You're going to see a lot of this. Legit or shitposting wise.

Nope. In the old TV series, Donald went voluntarily.
In the new TV series, Donald would probably sit at home and keep watch over his nephews 24/7 if he didn't need money.

One further difference between the old and the new series is that in the old series, Donald trusted Scrooge. That's why could leave the triplets with him.

In the new series, Donald and Scrooge are not on good terms together. Donald considers Scrooge to be irresponsible and untrustworthy, but he's the only family he has in the vicinity, so he'll have to do.

It blows my fucking mind that she wrote that shit while she was directed DuckTales episodes and was not fired. Fuck everything.

That was an episode of Quack Pack where they found he still owed 24 hours of active duty.

As mentions. Don't come into the hate thread when there's a love thread but a link away.

I'm dismissing it ecause the original worked better thematically. It's the same reason why I didn't like the new robocop movie. In the new robocop film, they had Murphy completely aware of who he was and what his life was before becoming a cyborg out of the gate and he was directly involved with his family. This really broke something that was integral to the original film's plot and made it work. It didn't have to be a 1:1 reinactment but let's not break the story while trying to be new. There's plenty of room to improve on the original but that wasn't the part that needed improvement.

Not just because it's different but that the original worked better.

We've already had Huey, dewy and Louie as teens.

>but let's not break the story while trying to be new.
But it's not breaking the story it's being a new story. You're completely neglecting the underlying ongoing issues that is Donald's relationship with Scrooge being radically different and more importantly, an actual factor.

You're not even saying the new pilot is bad, just that's it's different and that makes it bad which is completely absurd

Almost teenagers. Preteens.

>Thinking what is possibly one of the best new remakes is bad

You really must be like 16. Didn't grow up watching the old one didn't you?

This is fucking AMAZING!

They mentioned cities from ALL the major disney afternoon shows, for god sake! Saint Canard! Spoonerville! CAPE SUZETTE!

Webby's chart had reference to F.O.W.L. on it!

All the old shows are coming back! The boys have their own individual personalities! Webby is actually barable rather then utterly, deeply annoying every second she was on screen!

Launchpad is hilarious! Beakley is AWESOME! Scrooge and Donald's rivalry is flawlessly done. Flintheart is an asshole!

So many little things. From the lamp from the movie to the big stone coin from the original opening 5-episode Ducktales.

These episodes were nostalgia on crack, and only liable to start a new era of Disney toons. So fuck you and your opinion! I AM ENJOYING THIS!!

The Webby comparaison with Mabel makes no sense, she's javascript:quote('94593173');way closer to Dipper than Mabel personality wise

>ZOMG THEY MADE REFERENCES
Don't accuse the guy of not growing up watching the old one when your post suggests you're only on board for cheap nostalgia nods.

>she's javascript:quote('94593173');way closer to Dipper than Mabel personality wise
What did mean by this?

I think the boys being super excited about Scrooge is a bad idea and is just telling the viewer beforehand that Scrooge is awesome. It's like in Star Trek: into the darkness when they couldn't wait to namedrop Kahn after having some Klingons job pretty hard (Kahn was never *that* badass). But it sucks to do that without first establishing who Kahn is and why he should be feared. This story just seems to want to jump right into "Scrooge is awesome" without building to it first.

If you talk about the javascript part, no idea why it's there. If not, Webby's main traits so far have been a love of exploring and admiration of experienced explorers.

Being the richest person in the world who did amass a fortune through famous adventures ought to leave an impression with everyone. This is what kids like. Adventures.

In fact, I'm gonna claim that old Ducktales-Scrooge wasn't an adventurer before Donald dumped his nephews on him. Old Ducktales-Scrooge became an adventurer through the triplets.

In the new series, Scrooge is already a seasoned adventurer, and so is Donald.

Scrooge has been a well known explorer for decades. Yes it's done so the audience know Scrooge was a badass, was being the important part, he clearly didn't do anything of that in a long time and the fact that his nephews were disappointed with how he turned out is the reason he gets back in the game.

>and is just telling the viewer beforehand that Scrooge is awesome.
This one I would attest to it's reboot nature. It's clearly part of the story that Scrooge was at one point really awesome in the past in universe and the audience knows that too from the old show out of universe. I mean, there is clearly a set up that Scrooge was famous at some point but something happened. Scrooge being awesome is part of the lore this time and it works both for the audience who know that Scrooge is a big deal already due to the nature of the reboot itself and for the larger story, pic related

R+M season three is great, but Jerries just can't grasp it

Quack Pack is better than this. You're a goddamn liar if you say otherwise.

I hate all modern TV cartoons, and this was no exception. However, I am curious how people think this compares to other 'popular' shows like Gravity Falls or Adventure Time. I have to ask because I have a hard time telling these godawful modern cartoons apart since they all look and feel exactly the same.

I never thought I'd say it but...I think I prefer the old Webby.

She was obnoxiously cloying, but the new Webby acts like every overly-enthusiastic spazmatic female lead in every contemporary cartoon out there.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Spear of Seline incident was the event that showed Scrooge was becoming too reckless in his pursuits, cemented Donald's decision to avoid danger to best protect his nephews, and quite possibly led to the loss of said nephews' mom.

I wish they actually bothered to hire veteran cartoon voice talent instead of celebrities and Disney Channel actors. The acting is jarringly amateurish. Coupled with the puppet-y animation, I felt like I was watching this most of the time:
youtube.com/watch?v=FFyoAGkEcHg

Webby sucked so hard
great we got another mabel

You liked that scene, retard? Was your mother eating paint chips while you were in the womb?

Webby
>Physically capable but has explanation
>Likes adventures
>Not always right
>Is a complete spaz but has an in-story reason

Mabel
>Not physically capable at all
>Does not like adventures unless she gets something out of it
>Always right
>Not even a spaz, she's just always energetic

The only thing they really have in common is getting loud really

i thought I would hate Webby at first, she looked like a "i'm a strong female that don't need no man"
she's able to fight but so are the nephews (they have to fight together because they were never trained)

when all you can do for hype is recruit mostly small name actors as VA's instead of actual VA's you know the show was going to suck and isn't focused on good stories

This.....THIS!

Was so hyped I've been rewatching the old show.... Shit DOES NOT hold up. I was shocked at how dated and lackluster the old show was. Granted I haven't made it out of season 2 yet so maybe theres some sudden jump in quality.

Same for the movie. Watched that thurs and BARELY made it through the whole thing. Rip Taylor basically playing himself ala Robin Williams Genie. Art also very obviously layered cells (Which of course it is). I'll keep the memories and give this reboot a shot.

awesome show, amazing writing and this is the worst weak bait in Sup Forums history, period.

I definitely didn't love it. For reasons already touched on in this thread.

But I can see some potential.

>we're not here to judge.
That's the only reason Sup Forums was created for.

>>Webby is similarity bad, instead this time she's OVERLY competent
The fuck? Webby is basically as much of a trouble of the riplet. She is not more or less competant than them.
>) Basically Mabel 2.0 except with Wendy's physical skills, making the ultimate bland female character
That's now how she is at all; she is basically a fourth triplet, that's it.

>I hate this the most, god she's horrible. Why can't people make a good female character without fucking it up?
Webby is on the same level than HDL. Like, objectively.

You have to admit at some pint that you have some issues, there.

Or maybe they're tired of the great girl stereotype? The voice? who knows, point is quit projecting that they must have personal issues because they said bad things about females

>In the old version, the kids were little kids.
>In the new version, the kids are almost teenagers.
? You get that wrong. It's the opposite. It's teenagers who are all like "I don't want to see this rich family member, he is old and boring"
And younger ones who Goes "Rich family member? Awesome!"

>people responding to this incredibly easy bait

Come on anons, you're better than this. Let this topic die...

>Or maybe they're tired of the great girl stereotype?
>great girl
She is as clumsy/competent as the nephew. This description doesn't fit Webby more than the rest of the nephews.

And on an aside having characters who are cool and kick ass in not a wrong thing no matter what. It's not something you get tired off.

> point is quit projecting that they must have personal issues because they said bad things about females
I said they are projecting because, literally, they are complaining that a girl is being showcased the same way as a the boys.

throwing around a complain that is objectively unsubstantial about GURL POWER is enough of a basis to assume they are getting their view skewed.

>Mabel
>Not physically capable at all
lolwut

They've been living with a boring overprotective uncle who makes them wear life vests when he's not around.

That rich old guy who is a world-famous adventurer is a new person for them. He's gotta be cool and awesome and fun and have cool treasures, compared to their normal boring safety-obsessed sailor uncle.

Where are you copy-pasting this from?

Like I said, it's more how a kid would react.

whenever someone does this, it's really just awful
and shows that they do this kind of response often

stuttering will not help you