So, guess who found out about the new Shadow series?

So, guess who found out about the new Shadow series?

youtube.com/watch?v=uqjBum_xd5Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4V1fHnwqzDw
youtu.be/WpeN0ct95hk?t=135
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that made me laugh, is this what weaponized autism looks like? I'm still picking up Skin & Earth from Dynamite, because Lights is really talented

you mean stole shit from the thread that happened a day ago? yeah clearly.

Eh, it's pretty much just what everyone who read the comic who was a fan of the Shadow thinks.

Not surprised to find out Spurrier worked for the BBC now.

>Razorfist

I was never sure if or Linkara was more cringe.

>more e-celeb garbage
Drink bleach, OP.

i agree but it just comes off as trite and disingenuous when you can tell he lifted the opinion.

Literally every fucking thing he says in that video is true.

The Shadow doesn't deserve this, man. Anyone else, but not the Shadow.
Why is this happening? Why are people letting this happen? Why are people getting paid to make this happen?

Grow up you goddamn aspie, it's just a fictional character.

Because Dynamite is just doing multiple takes that will just get ignored by everyone else working on the character.

Besides, it's not even the most unusual incarnation.

I was looking forward to this video. Razorfist is a huge Shadow nerd and a hardcore conservative so Shadow #1 is basically the worst thing that could ever happen to him.

>literally spends half of the video ranting about "MUH OBJECTIVISM" instead of pointing out the awful storyline or ridiculing how out of character and asinine The Shadow fighting school shooters is
Goddamnit Razor, this shit was literally handed to you on a silver platter to tear to shreds and you still manage to be an insufferable imbecile talking shit out of your ass

Not really, looking back on the other stuff he's done, this is pretty much in line with his previous stance.

If it sounds similar, it's because this is pretty much a universal reaction.

Also fucking hell, Spurrier sounds awful. Just from the fact that he worked for the BBC, you can tell he's not the person to write for the Shadow. Why did Ennis recommend him?

Because it doesn't really matter about the plot. This is the same tired nonsense that's interchangeable with any number of similar stories. We've read, watched, listened, seen it before hundreds if not thousands of times by this point.

Spurrier has the chops to be a great writer but he's too up his own ass and wants to remind everyone at all times that he's super clever and an ultra hipster.

That's one of the most egregious things about this comic.

>I want to do something super sophisticated and intelligent
>FUCK DONALD DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE.

I get it. You don't like Trump. And you don't like white people. I don't like Trump either, though the weird self-hatred is starting to get disconcerting. But don't pretend it's original, sophisticated or intelligent.

Okay so for those of you who watch this video and don't know better, please understand that what Razor said about The Shadow's "objectivist" methods of recruiting agents is not true to the character and the movie's depiction of it is inaccurate.

The Shadow doesn't force or enslave people to work for him. He gives his agents a choice.
The domineering "your life now belongs to me" approach to recruitment was only used in the first Shadow pulp where he said to Harry Vincent that his life now belonged to him. And even then he offered the chance to go back to the bridge and leave him there.

And he never says that to any other agent in the pulps. It's literally just Harry.
To Clyde, he offers adventure. To Cliff, honorable work. To Rutledge, money and help. To Moe and Jericho, the chance to repay him. From Harry, Clyde, Cliff, and Rutledge, he obtains the promise of obedience. Only once does he claim ownership, and he did so because Harry Vincent's life had spiraled out of control and he was going to throw it away, and thus The Shadow took control of it for him and turned it around.
All of his agents owe something to him and all of them follow him because they choose to. The Shadow is harsh and commanding but he is not a tyrant and his agents are not slaves.

I'd just like to point that out in case any of you consider Razor to be any sort of be-all end-all authority when it comes to The Shadow, because he often talks shit out of his ass without research.

Well that is only partilly true he is the embodiment of the true libertarian. It would be like saying Jesus or Abraham weren't real

I tried to set this on the background but I couldn't finish watching. What a diseased pussy of a dimwitted Trump cocksucker.

He's not for everyone

Can't comment on all the pulps but he definitely does it in other comics. In Year One he does it to Margot. In Last Judgement his agents bitch at him about doing it to them. He even does it in the movie.

>he definitely does it in other comics
I know, sadly. It seems most writers stopped reading at the "Your life belongs to me now" line and ignored literally everything that comes after in regards to how The Shadow interacts with his agents or Harry, arguably The Shadow's most devoted and loyal agent.
Howard Chaykin in particular just loved to depict The Shadow as a complete asshole with the worst traits of Doc Savage and The Punisher with slaves for agents. But then again Chaykin admitted to having a very low opinion of the character. And sadly the new Batman/The Shadow series seems to also believe that The Shadow's agents followed him out of fear.
He's far more human in Year One than in most versions because Matt Wagner actually knows the character. He doesn't really force Margo, it's more of a warning of the dangers that come with following him made in The Shadow's typical theatrical way of talking.

But I'm referring to the pulps.

What's with all the Razorfist hate lately? Anytime I see him mentioned here it's always with revulsion. Sure, he's got some hot opinions every now again he gets borderline autistic but more often than not he makes some good points. He's also fairly well-spoken and his videos are decently constructed.

If he's on JewTube, he deserves every ounce of hate he gets.

why is Wagner such a good writer? his DC stuff is super underrated

Deserve what? have someone throw a bitchfit about muh Sjw crap?

He's on Vidme and Dailymotion, too, as far as I'm aware.
I'm not sure I understand how his platform discredits him.

I like Razorfist but he's almost universally hated on Sup Forums for whatever reason. I don't always agree with this opinions but he's always entertaining.

Well, he does have accounts on other platforms and has complained about Youtube fairly regularly. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he just doesn't jump ship soon if Youtube continues with their bullshit policies.

He's just conservative Linkara and equally as shallow when it comes to his criticism. He might be knowledgeable when it comes to certain characters and creators but his actual knowledge of how the medium works is terrible.

Plus he unironically wears leather jackets, fingerless gloves, shades indoors, and films his videos in gray scale, which is just as cringey as a fat man in a fedora and trench coat.

But he is an asshole. The Shadow is a villain for villains. "As inevitable as a guilty conscience." There's at least precedence for Shadow being heavy-handed with his recruiting tactics. As opposed to what we've seen, and are likely to see in coming issues, with this new run - the chances of fans getting a Shadow that scratches the pulp vigilante itch are diminishing.

>He's just conservative Linkara
Come on, even if you dislike him he's nowhere near that bad. Very few people have embarassed themselves as much as Linkara and I can't recall a time Razorfist has done so outside some of his spicy opinions. As for his look, yeah, I'm not a fan either. Still, it's mostly just his persona he has going on and he makes up for it through his speech.

It's not like his comic opinions are wrong either, I've seen the vast majority of them on Sup Forums. Hell, his Shadow video was basically what everyone was saying in the thread about it. Yeah, he gets a bit too political in videos that have little to do with politics but I guess my own bias kind of ignores it since its refreshing to see a more conservative slant talk about comics for me.

He's very... forceful with his opinions. He often makes a very striking point then either doesn't explain it or gives really shitty explanations.

I've never read a Shadow comic in my life so bare with me. Would it be correct to say that in the hands of a good writer, the Shadow should be more like a horror villain?

You're upset that he's a metalhead?
What the fuck do you want him to do? Dress like a dime-a-dozen American normalfag and sit in front of a green screen?

I want him to not look like a retarded edgelord because I can't take him seriously otherwise.

You do realize he's a videogame reviewer on the internet, yes?

youtube.com/watch?v=4V1fHnwqzDw

>tfw I will never be fanatical enough about anything to accomplish something this cool

I didn't know this meant he was required to look and act like an absolute dumbass.

Horror might not be the best word? The Shadow is big on the "karmic takedown". I have no idea where I first heard that phrase, but the concept is that he's the last line of defence in delivering justice. Between the laugh, invisibility (of various flavors), and his ability to place suggestive thoughts into a victim, the Shadow coming after you should be a terrifying experience that is mentally scarring - assuming you survive the ordeal which is pretty poor odds. In a lot of the radio shows he'll use his mental powers to get a villain to kill themselves.

That's really just metal-heads. Most of them are like that.
youtu.be/WpeN0ct95hk?t=135

If you're incapable of taking points seriously just because the guy that said it is in a full bee-suit and a rubber lizard mask, I don't think the problem is the reptilian beekeeper. I think it's you.

FUCKIN. Sargon of Akkad voice acting. I love this now, love it. Can't believe I missed this, thank you user. Maybe not the best voice acting, but this is really nice.

I'm sure I'll be able to make it through life without caring about this edgelord's opinion.

Maybe if you call him edgy enough times it'll actually fucking means something.

Maybe if he screeches about objectivism enough times it'll actually mean something, too.

The guy that voices Cain is the MVP, though the only voice I would say is outright bad is Margot.

>The Shadow is a villain for villains
>But he is an asshole.
You realize these are two different things, right ?
Because there is a mountain of difference between The Shadow as a cold and stern commander who stays distant and mysterious but would still throw himself into a furnace to save the lives of his agents, and The Shadow as a colossal cunt who treats his men like dirt in his foot and discards them once they are done being useful.
You can easily guess which one was more captivating.

That's more or less what he was back in his older appearences. Walter Gibson, his creator, conceived him as a "benign Dracula". Throughout a good portion of the original pulps, the stories focus on Harry Vincent, the everyman, or some other protagonist, while The Shadow would appear slowly manipulating the course of events until the final act,
He was born as a cackling Crypt Keeper figure to narrate stories for the radio program and the character was built from there.

And if you never read any of the comics, please don't read the latest Dynamite issue. There are a bunch of storytimes in the archive and you can introduce yourself to the character more properly with those.

Spurrier's great, its just Sup Forums and this faggot getting their ass flustered because of two brief parts because your all reactionary faggots.

Christ, at least comment on how it was out of character, then you may look like you autists actually know what your on about

t.Spurrier.

Also >you're

You know how the Spawn series treated the main character like a movie monster who mostly appeared in the final act to kill people ?
That's kind of what The Shadow did initially, only he was constantly manipulating events via disguises and agents to get to that final act.

I'm not opposed to your point, I'm just saying that the Shadow being ruthless is something that has appeared in his stories many times before. It comes in varying degrees but first and foremost he is consumed by his desire to mete out judgement. In a character that is already more rigidly moral than most heroes and has no compunction about killing, I think it's perfectly reasonable to explore how the Shadow would have to weigh the lives of the people that work for him against his drive to administer justice. That's a theme that gets explored with characters that are considerably less zealous.

>two brief parts

The entire issue is an insultingly transparent sociopolitical commentary. Spurrier rants about school shootings, white privilege, keyboard warriors, the stupidity of superheroes, and Trump in 22 short pages.

The worst part is based on his bleeding cool interview, the guy clearly thinks he's saying something profound when anyone that's read a comic in the last ten years has seen the same story at least five different places.

You fags know i'm right

No, I don't. I don't think you're right at all and you've done nothing to put forward an argument but say 'YOU'RE REACTIONARY'.

Nice homophobia too. Real edgy.

faggot
a
g
g
o
t

Did he really used to be a cam boy?

Oh, I definitely was not implying that he wasn't ruthless. Like I said, he is harsh and commanding and inscrutable to pretty much everyone. What I was saying is even though the character is a villain for villains, writers and audiences too often come to the series with this pre-formed idea of The Shadow as this emotionally-detached manipulative killing machine, and they neglect to do their research and see how the character isn't that soulless. I don't just blame Chaykin for this.
The pulps had moments like when Claude Fellows was killed by the mob and The Shadow's response was to systematically dismantle Chicago’s entire organized crime structure, or when he walked across hot coal to rescue an agent and then bandaged his hands personally.

>I think it's perfectly reasonable to explore how the Shadow would have to weigh the lives of the people that work for him against his drive to administer justice
I agree. In fact so many stories have tried to force The Shadow's conflict as a inner struggle (partially because of the movie backstory) when it really should be an external one between him and the lives he puts at risk on a daily basis.
Death of Margo Lane got this aspect right.

The "good points" he makes can be reached by anyone with even a moderate amount of working brain cells, and the original points he does have are hot garbage. He's also an unpleasant person in general, his response to someone saying that him making fun of a dead musician was a middle-school level "BLOW ME FANBOY".

Not be so damn tryhard about it. I'm a metalhead myself and I'm conscious enough to not fucking wear gloves and sunglasses indoors. Also, half the shit he likes is barely heavy outside of a few NWOBHM and Black Metal bands. Between that and his political opinions, dude strikes me as more of a poser than anything.

you might be autistic, user.

>i wish he'd point out what's plain to see.

>there are literal razorfag fanboys on Sup Forums
jesus

Better than sperging about a philosophy nobody takes seriously

It is still summer user, not every 15 year old has started school just yet.

he calls Sup Forums a cesspool, and anons who aren't self-aware enough to agree get butthurt.

Are you suggesting that we're not all comfortably into our second bag of dicks. I think you're in the wrong place user...

Shhhh, sweet user. I'm just pointing out what's plain to see - that you're just a stupid.

Okay, he's stupid, but for what?

Just a stupid what?