Definitive Regular Show thread

Everyone who has an opinion (even negative) get in here and give a retrospective.

Was space that bad? Did you like the finale? Did you hate Mordecai and/or Rigby? Was there a character you wanted more of? Margaret or CJ?? etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TvHOIu4CW6U
youtube.com/watch?v=FpuxrBpp6Mo&t=
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nope, it's not dying this time.

I just want to post in a thread that's definitive.

I made one last night that got some traction so hopefully this one does also

Congratulations.

Not even gay shipping can save this fandom.

Margaret was objectively better than CJ, in-universe and as seen by the viewer. She rarely was the one viewing a misunderstanding and getting pissy about it, she rarely if ever put anyone in danger, and she had her priorities straight as she went on. CJ was constantly treated as in the wrong and as a cunt, it's weird that in the end of each episode except the Season 6 finale that they twisted it as her being in the right except when she attacked random people. She's an emotional mess that wasn't fun to watch in a way Mordecai might've been, she was a dangerous jerk.

Waifufags are blind.

That's because that ship is retarded.

Space was good, I loved the mantis planet episode and the finale was just perfect.

The low points for me were the middle seasons with the increasingly repetitive plots about Mordecai's love life and some of Season 7 with episodes like Sleep Cycle that didn't even try to shake up the classic formula of "mordecai and rigby do something stupid and get a mystical solution from someone else at the park." Some jokes and ideas later on just felt dry compared to the first few seasons.

Looking back, maybe they should have finished it off earlier

I liked Sleep Cycle very much compared to the rest in that season, but you're right that it wasn't that discrete with the formula. I think it had been awhile since they did that specific thing though.

I guess I'm fine with the formula, but also that episode seemed like a fresh return to their creative side (even if the catalyst was formulaic) and seemed like a nice surprise after S6.

Regular Show, after the first 2 seasons, struck me as a kind of series where someone gets a bad end, and I don't mean a heroic sacrifice, I mean the kind of bad end like future Mordecai in the movie picking up Benson and throwing him at Pops.

Not necessarily that though, maybe something like Mordecai and Rigby growing apart and maybe one moving away, but under decent enough circumstances where they might stay in contact.

Did you like Gary's Synthesizer?

Loved every season and episode. Don't think there was one episode I hated.

>I'm not the only person with this opinion

Can't say I loved them all but I certainly didn't hate any of them. There were some forgettable ones, and a handful that felt a little too similar to something they'd already done in earlier seasons. But still, the highs were high and I always got at least one good laugh out of every 10 minutes.

This isn't Regular Show, but it's close enough.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Wrong Ship

He couldn't move on from Mona and considering how bad Benson was with girls and his repressed sexual frustration he would've turned gay at some point.

**instead of trying with women if he saw gay as an option

That's hilarious! A+

The megalink in the megathread is dead. Anyone got a mega for any season?

I worked on the show and think every season had great episodes. My favorite seasons are 1, 3, 5, and 7 but all the other ones had great stuff. I only really disliked the Margaret/CJ stuff during the "chopper party" episode and the season 6 finale. Season 8 was fun when it was a star trek-style thing where they went on crazy missions on different planets. It was less fun when it got into heavy continuity, but the ending scenes made it all worth it.

torrents are an option

>I worked on the show
fool me once....

First two seasons were awesome. The show got toned down in the later seasons but I still liked the relationship episodes, Mordecai made me cringe very hard many times, but I like that kind of comedy anyway. The last two seasons were awful except for a few episodes, and by the space episodes it seemed like they tried to jump the shark as hard as they could but I still felt it was very awful and the final episode didn't impact me. My brother on the other hand almost cried.

I kind of missed the original interaction and their changes up until 'Steak Me Amadeus'. That episode wasn't different in any way from your afternoon telenovela.

Also, posting one moment that made rage, cringe and laugh.

Just Margaret

I wish Mordecai and Rigby ended up together.
It was a nice show, but I haven't seen the last season yet.

Actually, I missed that one.

After almost seven years, I still haven't decided. Who was in the wrong here?

That's unacceptable soldier, find it and watch it.

It was an equal issue based on human emotion and instigation.

Rigby wanted bro time and got irrational because his one friend chumped him out for a lady who back then, wasn't interested and it was clear to him which made it more annoying that he got chumped.

Mordecai couldn't see that, and wasn't aware of the issue of chumping Rigby, and just saw it as average instigating that Rigby does every day.

He didn't mean to kill Rigby, just angrily shove him. It was both their faults but it wasn't a wrong or right situation, just mistakes.

>I worked on the show

Cartoon Network did nothing wrong. Last two seasons were unwatchable.

fuck off. shit on season 6 and 8 all you want, 7 was great

>"He looked just like Pops but black!"
How did they get away with this?

It went downhill with the shipping nonsense that never went anywhere and the finale was so far removed from everything else in tone

The first few seasons were the best and everything that came after continuously degraded

>the finale was so far removed from everything else in tone
I guess I can see that, Pop's death was very surreal. I saw it as them changing the tone in a finale way.

Rigby's great desu

When he didn't get pussywhipped

is the grudgebaII app a great game? CN has a bad track record

>STOP TAALKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!!!

I only watched up until S5 or so before getting bored, the problem with the series is that it was too formulaic but this wasn't noticeable until later seasons. In the first seasons, you could kinda see Mordecai and Rigby adjusting to work life and the evolving relationship with their co-workers. Their dynamics with other park employees was great, Skips would get annoyed with them sometimes but still helped them, Muscle Man and Hi-5 ghost didn't like them, Benson didn't hang out with them. The problem is that when these dynamics evolved they just felt the same when everyone started getting along. Introducing Thomas would have been good if they just focused more on making him a new part of the park mechanic rather than an asspull when they didn't know what to do with him. Problem with the shipping on the series is that it was never given proper development or conflict for it to become interesting.

I liked the first 3ish seasons, got pretty boring after that. I forget when I fell off but it was in 2013 I'm pretty sure.
Glad the show got a nifty ending but I don't know if I'll go back to it and finish things, the characters didn't grab me enough and that seemed to be what they were mostly focusing on when I dropped off.

Thomas was just an intern joke, he wasn't ever supposed to be anything beyond a background character at the butt of jokes, as the crew said, "we've all been that kinda guy". Then later in the writers room someone said "dude..... SPY" and they liked it.

I wish he was never written off.

>minty lewis wrote the eileen plan
>an episode that makes eileen top tier person and rigby sulks about not being smart enough for her and starts his season wide arc of being pussywhipped
It's funny, it's clear the outline was just "Rigby wants to start high school again after motivation from Eileen" but the episode focused more on Rigby wanting it because he felt bad in her light and in the end they tacked on "do it for you and me" rather than that being the thing they focused on anyway. The entire "Rigby you lied to me?" and running away before he could say anything was the dumbest pity writing I've ever seen. At least Mordecai asking if he could have the food was funny.

i just remember minty writing that eiIeen is a megababe, that was ad

>tfw RS was just a few years too soon before The Gay Agenda took hold of cartoons

>canon Mordo/Rigby never, thanks nameless bat waifu

Dumbass, guess what-

JG is pure nongay support

The movie suffered a ton from CN constantly saying no to everything and changing the run time. It had so much potential to blow everything out of the water and deserve to be called a movie, in the end it was an average episode extended a few times. It was fine but damn, they had so much cut down.

>incredibly fucked up mordecai
>fives with an insanely long shotgun
>that fucking pop

Is this design a reference to something? Because it's the most fucking metal mordecai I've ever seen in my life.

>that ross concept
holy fuck what a badass, this design could have made him one of the best villains in the series if they'd used it

Mordecai's original ship design is adorable!

Yea, he sure was simplified

Akira?

Does he not have a left ear?

Made me wonder how the show would look if the designs weren't as simple.

I'm always up for shipping

Why didn't we ever get anything like this with CJ?

>mordo lost that booty
lol fag

The answer may not be obvious at first.

Seasons 1 and 2 were GOAT, 3 was iight, if you're invested in the characters at this point, watch the rest of the show, otherwise don't.

I liked that it showed Rigby being no better than Mordecai when push comes to shove.

I feel the same way. Idk what it was, but this show had a special charm to it

>he fell for the 80s meme

Great gif

Would like them to be together again.

Same, it was nice.

The robot anime tribute episode was garbage

Hell fucking no, it was awesome.

The Exit 9B ep was still inspirational to me.

Where can I find HD shorts?

Are these HD enough?

>I worked on the show
proooove iiiiiit
youtube.com/watch?v=TvHOIu4CW6U

Yes, and it even has a great fiIesize

How does something like this happen?

Thomas and Eileen were abused, their screen time should have been more limited

Wasn't Thomas literally limited to being in the background because of le intern status? He didn't do much except in his write off episode.

I can't pass up an opportunity to say Eileen deserved less screen time though.

>7 fucking months

This hiatus is pretty bad

Killing off Pops out of everyone just feels weird. RIP

It'll be worse

It certainly isn't very eye catching, and it seems very tame considering it's following a show where even when they didn't go to space they were fighting mystical arcade demons and shit. In the trailer it's just "dude he's a dad" and "dude actual weed lmao". For the creatures we do see they don't seem that antagonistic, except maybe the ghost girl but I can see her being a Marceline thing.

I'm fine with mundane but don't get more boring than King of the Hill's worst episodes please.

>Regular Show in max HD never

That episode where Mordecai and Margaret learn that they're soulmates and are like, "Nah, we're not going to do that." was dumb as hell.

I think you missed the point of that episode bruv

I can't fucking believe they're getting David Hasselhoff for Close Enough. What the fuck are they doing? Sounds better than Neil deGrasse Tyson in the last RS halloween special.

Sounds like they're getting the fun stuff in there, great in case it isn't renewed. I was worried it wasn't gonna realize what it was before the next season. Just a reminder, it's a 22 minute series.

I guess that balances good/bad with them also having a Tumblr artist with an extreme rebecca sugar style, draws her social anxiety into comics, keeps shitting on random people if they use the wrong pronouns, and draws giant asses gushing diarrhea onto some guy. I don't get it, she must be a TBS hire that was specifically located to CE since JG doesn't hire those types usually

what did he mean by this?

>I worked on the show

The comics are kinda weird desu, the muscly Mordecai story is especially strange

That image is still missing a bunch of cut stuff, holy shit. Some of this made it in / are final character designs but even then they're doing things they never did in the film.

This movie could've been way more crazy than it was.

Just found a hidden animatic of the final fight with Ross in my files, from the movie's special features. Damn it's nice to hear ""new"" lines and see cut scenes. Though I think I might've seen this once before losing it.

I'll try to post them here with subtitles I make in a webm, but if any of you hated how easily Mordecai forgave Rigby for fucking up his chance in college, this original scene is a bit better.

Here, I uploaded it instead. Much better alternative than making multiple webms and making subtitles.

youtube.com/watch?v=FpuxrBpp6Mo&t=

Out of all the differences I think Rigby having a suit catches my attention, I wonder when he got it in the board? He's naked through most of the film and only his past self wears a contamination suit.

There's a bunch of other animatics I can post too, sit tight and I'll try guys. They're worth watching.

Are you a mordecai or a rigby?