Pretty incredible that no one wants to talk about the newest ASM issue

Pretty incredible that no one wants to talk about the newest ASM issue.

How does each issue manage to get worse?

What's wrong with it, user?

No one cares about Spider-Man anymore. Just look at Homeflopping.

I just ignore Slott shit.

I get that they were going to blow up Parker Industries eventually, but the way it was done is ridiculous. Peter nuking the entire company (and ALL TRACES OF IT) to stop Nega-Spidey is just stupid. Will there be any blowback beyond a page or two of people angry that Peter bricked appliances/gadgets that were shown to be ubiquitous? I fucking doubt it. I guess it's the ending Parker Industries deserves because the rest of the story around it has been so trite, but still.

Also, this issue really made me realize that the culmination of all of Slott's attempts at making Doc Ock Spider-man's true arch nemesis is just... making him an evil spider-man.

There was a thread for it on Wednesday.
It's just not very good.

The new issue was pretty good though. Slott is on point when he's doing Ock stories. It's everything else that falls flat.

Unless it's an exceptionally bad issue, Slott's ASM only tends to get discussed during storytimes.

>Will there be any blowback beyond a page or two of people angry that Peter bricked appliances/gadgets that were shown to be ubiquitous?

I think the first issue after the next arc is going to have a back-up story about the aftermath of Parker Industries going out of business.

>Also, this issue really made me realize that the culmination of all of Slott's attempts at making Doc Ock Spider-man's true arch nemesis is just... making him an evil spider-man.

The sad thing is that Slott thinks this is honestly a good direction for the character. What's sadder is that there are people who agree. We're probably going to have to put up with this Superior bullshit for at least another five years.

>Slott is on point when he's doing Ock stories

This meme again S M H

Everyone knew Parker Industry was never going to last and until the issue came out it was nothing but a drawn out slog of a read. The final confrontation between SpOck and Spidy was anticlimactic 2 coffee pots and an emp blast, maybe that's on me expecting an exciting fight between two people with similar strength and smarts. In the end the whole thing didn't really add anything of importance to spider-mans character it'll be looked back on as some weird hazy dream of that time Parker was rich for a week.

>Slott's ASM only tends to get discussed during storytimes.
And even then those storytimes tend to have very few visitors. The only time they pick up steam is when Superior takes over.

>MY KEKIAKU SUIT WAS UNDER MY NEW OME THE ENTIRE TIME!

What's really sad is that the actual beginning of slott's decade long ock saga was actually really good. Issue 600 was a really neat spin on Ock and could have led to some compelling stories.

Instead we get Shadow the Spider-man

Stagnation.

We've all known Peter is never going to move forward since One More Day happened, but Slott's run has made it clear that any lateral movement is also temporary and intended to simply inflate sales.

When a book can neither progress nor digress in any appreciable manner and also lacks the coordination and quality to bear interest on its own rather than as part of a serial narrative...why bother reading? It's all uninteresting filler.

No he never is. He has a good idea but shits it out

is it true that slott is off at #800?

Yes, get ready for the Spencer era

I'm tired of all the villains just running away after the battle and nobody even attempts to stop them.
Just put them in prison and have them break out when you need them atleast.

I dont care who, I need a new voice writing Amazing

He's pretty good with his villains, and he did an okay Ant-Man, maybe he can do a good Spider-Man.

There's a rumour that Nick Spencer will be the new writer after #800.

$302 mill. in US.

After they killed the best SM comic in the modern era, Superior, who cares?

Seriously.

I thought he was dabbing from the thumbnail