People seem duck tales obsessed today for some strange reason that probably had nothing to do with a new cartoon...

People seem duck tales obsessed today for some strange reason that probably had nothing to do with a new cartoon premiering on Disney story time?

2nd story in the issue starts here.

And there you have it! Might keep you occupied for the month wait between new episodes.

Might post Wolfman's (of Teen Titan's fame) epic Ducktales comic later if I feel like it.

Thanks OP. This actually does a really good job of keeping the cartoon's style.

Wait.
Wolfman did a ducktales comic?

WHAT?!

Yeah, in the early 90's after Gladstone stopped publishing Disney comics Disney made their own brand with a bunch of new stories. Wolfman did a ... 9 part? Large story where Webby gets kidnapped and Scrooge loses his money.

At the time I remember the comic being epic though it's a been a long while since I've actually ready it.

So the Duck Tales are making a cross over with an American Dragon?

Is every story gonna end with somebody offering Donald a job and him refusing because its too dangerous?
I can dig it

We'll have to wait.
Next issue I believe shows an adventure that Scrooge and Donald had together years ago. Together with Donald's sister.

Oh boy, can't wait.
Do we know when next issue's out?

Donald being overprotective of his nephews.
I wonder how does it relate to his missing sister. The pilot episode really got you think here.

September 13.

It's pretty obvious, with the beef between him and scrooge, and her being on the painting adventuring with the two.

Scrooge, Donald, and his sister used to adventure together, she ends up missingor dead. Because of that, Scrooge distances himself from his family, and Donald looks after the nephews, to the point of being overprotective at times.

Donald's a cutie.

The other passengers on the boat are last seen on this page. Sitting on a wrecked metal hull, right before the deadly electric sponges activate.

That's dark, man. Real dark. Imagine the screams.

those references

this makes me realize the boys all have the same face but different hair. that makes me really happy. thanks

Wolfman? Ducktales? Storytime PLEASE!

This is the 1st issue out of 7.

I remember a bunch of these comics being pretty good, loved Roger Rabbit. Don't know if it holds well but I remember a story with a Betty Boop analog.

I'm keeping the advertisements because Dick Tracy is cool. Also nostalgiabomb.

$125! I remember reading this ad and being aghast that comics could cost so much!

Oops, pretend that the previous post was here instead.

Letter pages because I always liked reading them. Also an explanation as to why the Beagle Boys now have names.

That's the first issue, Off to get some grub but I'll post the rest when I'm back.

Is that Minnie being sent down the River Styx?

I never liked Mickey Mouse so that the only Disney comic I didn't read but American Mickey comics tend to be pulpy adventure stories so I'm pretty certain it's just a generic gondola ride with the Phantom Blot having hypnotized Minnie.

It's the Italian comics that recreate Dante's Divine Comedy or deal with magic and myth.

Damn I would have loved Mickey going through the several levels of hell after Minnie and then challenging Satan to a game of marbles or something.

Bump for the rest, thanks storytimer.

Bump

2nd issue

What other Disney comics were published that month.

Remember this game? The re-release was a bunch of fun as well!

Skipping ads we've already read. Roger Rabbit ad skipped.

Covers of all the comics that came out that month. I think I remember all the comics except Mickey.

Scrooges Portable High-powered Cellular phone! Think someone as rich as Scrooge could afford a smaller cell phone. Or does this take place in the 50's and that's small for a cell phone then? Ah well.

Ad