Finally just saw this movie. I liked it way better than I thought I would. Also was it just me...

Finally just saw this movie. I liked it way better than I thought I would. Also was it just me, or was this movie have some serious waifus?

>Gamora
>Mantis

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OkKjQSM0G2Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want Nebula to bully me

I'm all about my baeby groot

>serious waifus?
>>Mantis

youtube.com/watch?v=OkKjQSM0G2Y
Try not to fall in love.

>Try not to fall in love.
But I already have, user.

bump

The movie was awful.

I have not read any of the Guardians of the Galaxy or even about Sta-Lord but from what I have seen and read through the people who know about the character online, I honestly can understand how the fans of the series might feel disappointed.

Marvel Studios movies tent to be good enough movies for a casual audience but not so great adaptations. At least as a general rule.

Comic characters are routinely changed a great deal in movie adaptations. Every one of of the Guardians is different from the comic versions, in some cases a great deal. Some are changed for the better, some for the worse. Star-Lord is usually a pretty one dimensional character in the comics and the only people I run into that dislike the changes are typically the ones who want his Annihilation costume back.

That entire , long scene with rocket ripping on tazerface felt like an eternity of dullness

That is a prime example for me of how the only way the Marvel Studios executive producers can sell a comic book movie is buy being "quirky and fun but still with a lot of heart, awww..."

I always got that but I figured that this was common fare with Marvel Studios.

GoG is an example as well as Antman.

My initial thought is that people caught on to this notion of ok movies and bad adaptations once Spider-Man homecoming rolled in.

So much of the character was change in pro for him to fit this hotchpocht of MCU that it ended with a bad taste in the mouth.

I'm a huge fan of the comics, and not just the DnA GOTG that Sup Forums raves about, but Valentino and Gerber's, Englehart and Claremont's Star-Lord, Starlin's Gamora and Drax, etc. please don't speak for us when by your own admission you do not read the comics.

Yes, Gunn modified and streamlined the characters, because he had to. And none of the characters in the famed Vol. 2 (the comics) had any real development because that series came after their solo stories and adventures in the Annihilation wars. You can't start a movie series with a bunch of characters at the end of their development. So he takes elements from the early stories and creates a new origin for Quill's GOTG.

As someone who has read a shit ton of Cosmic I fucking love Gunn's GOTG. He gets the look and feel and spirit 100%.

I want to nurture Nebula and heal her cold heart with my warm penis.

>how fans of the series might feel disappointed

What, all three of them?

The guardians have always been in a really awkward spot comic wise. No-one can agree what run was the definitive run, and said definitive run is unlikely to contain the best villain for the Guardians in their opinion. J'son was a pain, Nova tie ins were cringe worthy on occasion, Drax varies in quality massively, Starlord was a bore on occasions, Rocket had a really annoying way of speaking (that I think was meant to be a cockney accent?), and while Gamora had an interesting pathos and some bitching outfits (even if Saldana would literally pop out of them if she were to film in them), and because of this and more, the guardians have always been wierd.

I'm not even getting into the original cast, though I love what they did with Yondu.

As for the taserface thing, that was a neat little reference and I liked it. It was stupid then in the comic, and it went on for too long, but they tried at least.

Scratch that, which costume should Saldana was worn if not the tacticool one? Fishnet or the straps with the hood?

You can have your opinion and tastes but it doesn't excuse you from being so gay in defending it.

By the same logic, you don't get to speak on behalf or other GoG fans that maybe, just maybe, think differently than you.

I have read a plenty of Spider-Man comics but I am not such an idiot that I suddenly get to speak on behalf of all Spider-Man fans.

That's nice, dear

Plus, the movie in general outside of being an adaptation and just being a contained story with a sequel is a very ok movie.

Very underwhelming.

I have not problem in adapting or changing things in benefit for a new audience an a new format that are movies and their respective schedule.

The change of Star-Lords progeny made sense and I too liked Yondu's change but there are things that do not work universally for certain properties.

You can have jokes but not every single time and not in every single moment of exposition. One cannot take the movie seriously if the story as a whole is filled with sarcasm and jokes like that through and through.

One thing is for a character to be that way and I understand why Rocket was such an asshole but it gets annoying when most of the time almost everyone is like that and the only moments that we see Rocket is being like that. Balance has to be made so that we get to see different aspects of a character. I guess I am asking too much as a viewer.

Though I think we can all agree that the "fight/tension" between Gamora and Quill not only came out of nowhere but was forced as hell.

I'm not speaking on behalf of anyone. I am using my own experience to validate my own opinion. You are using opinions of others about a comic you never read to justify yours.

The please don't speak for us bit reads to me like in your opinion I am speaking on behalf of GoG fans and you came defending it.

I own my words but not your interpretation of mine.

That's exactly what you did.

>The movie was terrible, I didn't actually read the comic but from what I've heard people who read the comic didn't like it either, therefore it must be a bad adaptation

I didn't speak for everyone who read the comic. I said that as someone who actually has read GOTGv2, and many of the other comics which Gunn obviously draws inspiration from, I thoroughly enjoyed it as a new take on the comics, and explained why a straight-forward adaptation of DNA's GOTGv2 would be difficult to accurately translate to film without the dozens of stories that preceded it.

this is getting heated I like it

continue you fools!

Mantis easily became best girl. In fact, I solely want to see who she interacts with in Infinity Wars.

this didnt feel like a movie at all, it felt more like an extended tv episode

>Gamora
>waifu anything
Nah.

And you forgot Ayesha and Nebula.