Ignorant Normies

What's something casuals say that actually anger you?

>We already got a good Fantastic 4 movie lol!
>teh Incredibles!! Ex Dee

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yE8C1WWixgc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you wanted to make this thread, you could have at least used an example a casual might actually say in an actual conversation.

I know the OP is bait, but something that casuals seem to talk about a lot that kind of frustrates me is talking about which character could beat which character.

There seems to be this obsession over powerlevels, DBZ-style, that they fervently use to defend which character is their favorite. My roommate literally googled Omega-level mutants because he heard about it in a YouTube video and now he says those are his favorite characters.

I wish they understood that comics are a pretty great storytellling medium, and not all of the characters are just action figures that you throw at each other.

Every time my friend asks about a comic character it's always "how strong is he?" "Could he kill Iceman?" "I heard that he fought the Hulk once, who won?"

Well that person is not wrong Iron Man is way better than batman

>Superman is boring
>Aquaman is lame

these are the two big ones that will legitimately annoy me.

Normies like OP characters because they'd feel ashamed of liking a weaker/joke character. If you said you liked Aquaman in public, Chad would mock you for your pleb choice.

>"All he does is talk to fish! He doesn't DO anything!"

It's all their fault and the stupid 12 year olds that keep comparing every single fictional character in existence to Saitama and Goku

It's such a childish thing to do. The worst is when they use one-off and joke comics as cannon.

OP here. I meant I hate when people legitimately consider The Incredibles as a Fantastuc Four movie.

Aquaman IS lame, though.

I agree with you but most of Sup Forums do think that Incredibles is "the perfect F4 movie". Yes, most of Sup Forums is super casual about F4, so similar powersets and a family? Close enough.

But normies always shit on superman for being OP

Superfags BTFO

Well meme'd.

>watching Spiderman Homecoming
>ad for Justice League comes on
>girl behind me asks her friend what the Justice League is
>"oh it's the DC version of the avengers, they copied marvel"

I have literally never heard that outside of Sup Forums, and also I think it is a great FF movie.

Fuck off casual, it's not an FF movie, there are no characters like Ben or Reed in the film and Dash is only sort of similar to Johnny. The plot is completely different and closer to Watchmen than it is anything FF

It's not an FF movie at all though. None of the personalities are similar except maybe Helen to Sue (and even then that's a reach), there's none of the adventure or science bullshit, there's a midlife crisis jealous wife subplot, and Syndrome is closer to being Reed than Bob is.

I love Aquaman, but it bothers me even more to find normies defend Aquaman and pull up all of these bullshit feats from all over his history. “No, no, he can BEAT SUPERMAN! LOOK AT THIS OUT OF CONTEXT IMAGE OF AQUAMAN SUMMONING A SHARK!”
It’s pretty annoying.

>wtf? I thought christian bale was batman? why does this joker look different from the dark knight?
That is turbo casual.

I hate normalfags that say "normie" instead of the former.

>words and language can't change
hello brainlet

Normie was the original word, normalfag newfag faggot.

I used to be really bothered by people who thought Dr Manhattan was on the upper eschelons of reality warping since in Watchmen itself he's clearly far below, say, Franklin Richards or Scarlet Witch.

Then of course Rebirth happened.

>At least people buy Marvel's comics

>there are good comics

There aren't and saying this is prove you don't read them at all

Aquaman is completely fucked up at this point. His existence gravitates almost entirely around his dreaded Superfriends rep, whether it's to make fun of him, or people who like him getting ridiculously defensive resulting in shit like people actually making talk-to-fish jokes in-universe just so he can glare them into submission.

Well, it's not wrong. From a pure movie standpoint, I mean. We wouldn't have the DCEU (and all those other wannabe cinematic universes) if Marvel didn't make billions with the idea.

"the DC version of the avengers, they copied marvel"
>1st Justice League comic debuted in 1960
>1st Avengers comic debuted in 1963
>1st Fantastic Four comic debuted in 1961
>The Fantastic Four were created specifically to serve as a comic with an ensemble cast to compete with the Justice League.
>We won't see the Fantastic Four in any shared continuity films for at least another eight years if Fox doesn't cave.

There is so much irony in this.
I do think that one of the big problems with the DCEU is that Warner Brothers have been trying to play catchup to Disney and rake in that sweet shared continuity money which is why they hyped Batman v Superman as Avengers v0.8.

Aquaman comes in only two flavors: useless, talk-to-fish superfriends or brooding edgelord

This is why Aquaman from Batman the Brave and the Bold is my favorite version. He's the only one to not only be competent but also have genuine self confidence instead of overcompensating with "muh angst" and "muh grit."

youtube.com/watch?v=yE8C1WWixgc

If he acted like BtBatB Aquaman people would call him a rip off of Thor.

>why wasn't Batman in the Avengers?
Oldie but a goodie.

>personalities

Normies see "stretchy powers" and "invisible and can create forcefields" (and how much more fucking blatant can you get than that combo?). The only thing stopping it from being a more conspicuous ripoff is the likelihood that someone would sue.

We wouldn't have the MCU if Universal Monster Crossovers hadn't been forgotten.

That really depends if they're talking about the movies, which DC is doing, or if they're talking in general, in which there is no hope for them.

To play devil's advocate, it is technically still a better F4 movie than any of the actual F4 movies though, in that it's actually a good movie and has a passing resemblance to F4.

I can understand that mistake though.

The worst Marvel character is the best DC character.

He has been much more than “useless” or edgy. Read The Search for Mera, Death of a Prince, and other Aquaman work by Ramona Fradon, Jim Aparo, Mike Grell, Paul Levitz, David Michelinie, Neal Pozner, Gleason, etc. There’s more Aquaman out there than Superfriends, Peter David, and Geoff Johns.

STOP CALLING IT A FANTASTIC FOUR MOVIE HO LEE SHlT

I'm not, I'm saying it's closer to being an F4 movie than the F4 movies are. In the same way cubic zirconium is closer to gold than shit is.

Firstly
>it is technically still a better F4 movie
Secondly, how is a movie featuring no Science Fantasy, a man going through a mid-life crises, and a plot based around illegalizing superheroes resemble the F4 at all?

>Superman is weak to magic

>what the fuck Green Lantern is supposed to be Black

While I'm on the subject, that last point makes no sense. It was stated there was no way of knowing who had powers. This most likely includes cops, firefighters, and other emergency responders. So how would they tell if someone was using superstrength to put down a criminal? Or superspeed to get to a crime scene faster? Not that that plot point mattered outside of the "Bowling night" joke. The movie is so juvenile and it leaves so many questions and opportunities unexplored.

inb4
>but Bob's mid-life crisis wasn't juvenile
Okay I'm not talking about that but if that aspect of the movie is so good why wasn't that the focus? Why give the façade of being a superhero/espionage movie if they wanted to be a more mature movie that explored real life family issues?

>LOOK AT THIS OUT OF CONTEXT IMAGE OF AQUAMAN SUMMONING A SHARK!”
Was this during The Brightest Day? When he could command dead water animals?

When does Batman sleep?

Oh idk maybe the other 18 hours he isn't on patrol.

>When are the Guardians of the Galaxy going to do a movie with Star Wars?

Loterally my brother said this after GotG2; he actually thought this because they're both in space, not because Disney owns both properties.

Wait 'til he finds out that there's an "alpha" level superhuman rating that's even more powerful than "omega-level" mutants.

But this is perfectly true.

The old writers realised they wrote themselves into a corner, so a lot of old comics are superman getting his shit kicked in by a street level magician, or being bewitched to do something stupid like marry a villainess.

Hell, Merlin shows up at one point and tells Superman to just let humanity fall for once, else it'll cause the apocalypse.

It's gotten better, but that's still a running theme of superman.

To be fair, the Justice League cartoon had far more reach than Green Lantern comics have ever had.

>implying based black marine guy wasn't better than ryan reynolds.

When you're invulnerable to so many things, the one thing you're just as susceptible to as any normal person counts as a weakness.

>DC Is darker and more mature than Marvel
>Inhumans can be Marvel's X-men
>Company wars in general

When people say aquaman sucks all he can do is talk to fish

i don't think i ever heard anyone outside of Sup Forums or over the age of 5 even say half of the shit in these threads and i hang out with pretty casual people.

no joke, one of the comments i saw on the first Thor: Ragnarok trailer was "since when can Hulk talk?"

>>DC Is darker and more mature than Marvel

funny because before the MCU and Man of Steel everyone said the opposite

the Justice League movie is a response to the Avengers movies though, regardless of the fact that they came first in comics

Well yeah, I've been waiting for more "Hulk Smash" and not "GRUMP SNART RAWR HEHE"

>implying Stewart is anything but a token black character.

Even DC admitted to it.

>I wish they understood that comics are a pretty great storytellling medium

Great storytelling medium where nothing happens, hence no solid powerlevel definitions.

Not even Iron Man thinks hes good lol

*nothing matters

damn, missed that one

There may not be any NEW good comics (and I would argue that point but that's not what this thread is about and I can't be fussed with arguing on this site anymore because rationality has been replaced by ignorance, bait, stupidity and 'faggot' as a response and it's not worth my time OR energy) BUT if you think there have never been ANY good comics, I just feel sad for you, user.

>superman is weak to magic

>But this is perfectly true.

>When you're invulnerable to so many things, the one thing you're just as susceptible to as any normal person counts as a weakness.

DEFINITION OF "WEAK"

1: lacking strength: such as
c : not able to resist external force or withstand attack

The problem with the bottom two responses, besides the fact that they minimize the facts and aren't accurately represented post Silver Age (and even then it's rare - anyone can find one panel or page or story, among thousands, in any of the characters that have been around for 80, 70, 50 years in numerous issues and team-up books) is that EVERYONE, including MAGIC USER, no matter whether you consider them Homo Magi or Sorcerer Supreme or what have you, is WEAK to magic.

It's not particularly a weakness either exclusive to NOR especially effective generally against Superman, no more than it would be especially effective against the public at large or any random cape.

The better way of saying is that it's one of the things that Superman is 'susceptible' to when he is rarely vulnerable to nearly all other threats, as slightly suggests

THUS, is totally correct in saying it's one of the stupid things you find on You Tube, stupid normie conversations, etc.

I wish Grey Hulk had been introduced in Age Of Ultron. If only so there would have been something interesting and have an even better dynamic with Thor in Ragnarok.

basically anything about Superman triggers me something fierce

They grew up with DBZ, so they've been conditioned to think only in terms of fighting and strength, not stories.

>Inhumans can be Marvel's X-men
I'm pretty sure Ike is/was the only person who unironically thought of that

But both of those are true

I overheard a guy tell someone that Thanos at the end of Avengers was a frost giant from Thor.

>wonder woman can beat superman

Not him but I have a coworker who thinks Aquaman is a "bitch" but hypes up Green Arrow from the CW show

The way I've always looked it is that she can at least compete with him and under limited conditions can beat him but it's not likely
Amell is VERY pretty though

I remember one time, someone told me that Hulk would be able to beat Galactus in a fight. Their reasoning is the whole, "potential for infinite rage so infinite strength" shit. They remained adamant when I said about the completely different scale they operate on. It still bothers me.

i think the only thing that ever gets her mad enough to be destructively reckless is ironically supermans death.

>"IT'S HELLBOY"

don't know much about green arrow but i'd probly like him more than ole hookhand aquaman haha

>Autism, The response
Spurgerman would get beat up by Harry Potter, grow up.

>tfw people always use Superman/Hulk for strength comparisons
There's all kinds of people who are stronger. Why just these guys?

Fine example of an ignorant normie comment

Except not

dumb supermanposter

I guess they're the mainstream staples of strength for the big two. I find it interesting how many people think Spider-Man just swings around and wall crawls, before looking into things like physical strength.

I've had plenty of people say stuff like "Spider-Man isn't super strong is he?" Simply because it's not really an important enough power to highlight often to the general audience. Even having seen the movies, people are surprised if I tell them he is super strong and to quite a high degree.

>Deadpool is Spider-Man's cousin
It doesn't anger me, it's just like no

> Iron Man is my favourite Marvel character!

Iron Man is a shit character with 1 or 2 good storylines at best.

They're top tier for strength
Spidey is like what? 10-20 tons usually?
Spidey is hilariously powerful for a "street" hero
And is strength is more of bonus his spidey sense and agility are way better imho

>tfw my friend brings up Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe when talking about how strong he is

>Ant-Man premiere
>before the film starts
>two girls sitting behind me
>one is just scrolling through her phone
>suddenly she tells the other
>'Hey, did you know that Ant-Man was created in the 60s?'
>'Wow, I thought they've created him just for this movie'

>Ant-Man releases in theaters
>retards didn't want to see it because "lol he just shrinks"

There are a lot of good comics right now. They're just not easy to find.

This.

>DC heroes are gods trying to be human.
>Marvel heroes are humans trying to be gods.
This statement just means to me that you know jack shit about DC.

>people talk about shit Superman does in Injustice as if it's canon and a good arguement why he's shit

>trying to be gods
I feel like the shit Reeds,Tony and Doom have pulled I think playing is a more accurate statement

Wait, people say 'Ex Dee'?

>What Is Reading Comprehension, Your Standard /co Poster

All DC characters are unrelatable Gods

Marvel characters are down to Earth heroes