So which season would you consider "the best?" Personally...

So which season would you consider "the best?" Personally, I think Season 1 had a lot of memorable episodes and character development, but a bit status quo; while Season 2 changed the status quo, at the expense of character development for the sake of the plot. I can only hope that Seasons 3 and 4 balance these pros and cons to create true cartoon kino.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/5qmzH
pastebin.com/MvWxbFNT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Season 2 is best
Season 1 had some good episodes here and there but mostly just for fun shit

i like season 2 the most because we got a lot of Janna development
i hope we get more of this after the movie

2 is best.

Can we all agree that Star on Wheels was the worst episode?

Season one was hit or miss but season 2 was just good overall

What ever happened to Zku'r?

Killed by a human men.
Her last moments were full of pleasure and pain.
Yes. it was that way.

We have only seen 50% of the show you dumb piece of shit, stop this bullshit and stop making 90 billion svtfoe threads, it doesn't matter how hard you try, new material isn't going to just magically appear out of nowhere before November, fuck off.

fuck off Scruffy

She became overshadowed by Monstarfags

Is it too late for a resurgence? Can we bring her back as the true Monstar?

what would be the appeal of Beyond-Monster butterfly?
Cause all i can see is ridiculousness and spooks

season 1 is best in therms of fun unless you hate happy go lucky characters, season 2 is where to go if you want character development and humanization. Season 3 so far seems to have killed off Toffee fast, but with star being as strong as Eclipsa, and Eclipsa coming out of her crystal cage, things might get interesting again

Not sure, but that didn't stop Monstar from catching on. Maybe a different interpretation of the plot, as she's not exactly within the good-vs-evil mold. She seems to be separate from it.

the thing with Monstar was at the star with pic related was that she was Star that is Toffee/Moon child, goes to school, constantly bullied by most of the other kids, and even Marco at one point, Didnt open up to anyone and was a bitter girl. Then when Suffering became too much for these threads we gave her some love in the form of Heat Play, some students liking her somewhat, and other lewd shit. Her Gimmick is being bullied weird lizard sexual activity.
Crypt Monstar or w/e needs a gimmick or role

I think I fought that enemy in Bloodborne.

Maybe, just as with Star prime, she's rather irresponsible with the wand and dimension-hopping. The twist is that every time she dimension-hops, something from the other side ends up slipping through. Bit by bit, Echo Creek starts to look less like earth, and more like a dimensional crossroads, to the point that lifeforms from all over the multiverse are now a common nuissance. In addition, any time she uses her wand on another being, it could temporarily give them some inconceivable condition, only to dissipate as suddenly as it came; she could also summon (cutesy) eldritch abominations in a similar manner to narwhals, warnicorns, etc.

I'm better at worldbuilding rather than character development, so take this with a grain of salt.

I think Monstar mostly caught on because at least in part it was a lot easier for people to take a paint tool and make some Monstar pics rather than needing to draw this complex Lovecraftian Star

Season 2 had that really irritating slog of episodes at the beginning where Ludo was off doing his own thing, so he wasn't around to come in and add conflict to plots like "Star can't ride a bike" or "Janna and Star break out of detention".

what is up with the loud avarius's in that portrait

Oh, glad to see people still remember Zku'r.
Creator here, I've been meaning to try my hand at writing another story for her, but like its been said she was overshadowed by the other Monster Star so I had little motivation to write a story up.
No worries though, I can get back into it.
>Crypt Monstar or w/e needs a gimmick or role
It's been awhile since I talked about it, lets see if I remember.
The whole schtick was that she and everything about her was based off Lovecraftian horror and the mythos. She's an Elder abomination and everything she does leads to general madness and destruction.
So a lot like the regular Star, but with more body horror and such.

It was part of the request from massdrawfag
He really knows how to crush himself under the pressure
>So a lot like the regular Star, but with more body horror and such.
Alright. now it needs to be spread around

"Star on Wheels"/"Fetch" was the only time an entire half hour was irredeemably shit in S2. Every other episode had at least one good segment.

Thank you, HaremBro, it means a lot.

Season 1. It had a lot less plot focus which is a good thing in a show like this.
Oh no. Someone talking about a cartoon on the Cartoon board.

Season 2 was better if only because the cuckening was so hilarious

There's nothing wrong with season one, it's just less polished/dramatic

>Alright. now it needs to be spread around
Gonna need fresh content to do that and some people willing to pass it around.
I'd best get to work then and try had to make it interesting and fun.
Thanks, no problem.

Agreed though "Pizza Thing" is my most hated segment.

I actually preferred Season 1 more. Season 2 felt like filler with bits of plot added at the end of each episode, and I actually ended up skipping or ignoring out most of each episode.

>Blood Moon/mewberty Zku'r
Hey that's pretty ne-
>Sabrina
Now it's art.

Thanks, the person who drew it did a great job, along with the other drawings he made for the thread.

Are you me?
fucked hated that episode.
I really wish they would drop Ponyhead

I like the last 8 episodes total the most, the show's given the cast a taste of multiple forms of hell while promising us: it's just a taste.

>Cthuluh mythos Star
Now that's something I can get behind.

>W-what's going on? Are you ok Star? I heard muffled screaming and...
>Marco. Dear sweet Marco. Come over here, would you?
>What... what's with all the weird symbols?
>The summoning had already begun. Don't worry I chose people from Echo Creek nobody would miss.
>What the heck are you talki- oH MY GOD.
>The Great Dreamer will soon awaken Marco. He will come to echo creek to judge us all.
>You... you murdered Fergusson and Alfonzo.. I'm gonna be sick
>Those who bear his mark however, may enjoy a fraction of his power... in exchange for eternal servitude...
>*Marco gets lightheaded and starts vomiting*
>I do not intend to bow to them completely, however. When the time is right, we can usurp them Marco. Together.
>I- I... This is too much... what.. I don't...
>But unitl then, we have to play the part. We will need protection. Come closer.
>*Saunters over to Star*
>Now stay still. *she draws the elder sign on his forehead* Good. Now we may begin the first part of the plan. We shall harvest more sacrifices for the Deep Ones, so that when they arrive they will take us as their confidants. *grabs Marco by the hand*
>I knew I should've stayed in bed today...
>IT'S GONNA GET A LITTLE WEIRD IT'S GONNA GET A LITTLE WILD

that's cute, but why are they playing yu-gi-oh tho?

Season 2 had better over arching narritive and some great episodes that really tore fandom in half

Season 1 was just pure fun and getting to know everyone

And season 3 Toffe was huge let down here hoping eclipsa lives up to all the hype

>why are they playing yu-gi-oh tho?
because i requested it.
i didnt think he would actually do it

Glad you like the idea user.

>Don't worry I chose people from Echo Creek nobody would miss.
>you murdered Ferguson and Alfonzo
Freaking perfect choice, nice green user. Many a Kek was had.

The real question is, whether Star Vs can escape the third season curse. Even Rick and Morty couldn't.

And judging from the premiere, neither will Svtfoe.

From the thumbnail, this looked like cobbler or bread or something.
I was disappointed.

give me requests!
LEWD requests!

Ready to go Mewberty star ambushing our favorite safe boy in his room.

Seconding.

>give me requests!
>LEWD requests!
How about Busty Waitress asking Marco if he'd like her "Melons" for dessert?
Which she may or may not then expose her boobs to him despite his answer.

KELLY AND HEKAPOO BOTH NAKED WITH THEIR HAIR COVING THEIR LEWD BITS INFRONT OF MARCO
I NEED THIS please

To be fair, the third season suffered from overhype because every retard here was creating theories about what would happen and it made their expectations higher

Brittney in her undies asking Marco if she's fat. The thickness of her ass keeps from answering

Either Janna getting buttfucked by Muscleman or Marco using amoutee star to stumpfuck starfan13 and jackie

More nefcy x user

Star and mina lewds

Foolduke egging Ruberiot to give her a good fuck

Which one?

Season 2, however the worst episodes of s2 doesn't comparte to the worst of s1, the episodes of Marco and karate bullshit is just Marco get's cockblocked to get his black belt, if they wanted filler episodes just do more like the camping trip one.

Wavy hair, bangs, freckles, big teeth, lanky
imgur.com/a/5qmzH

Draw eldritch Star dragging Marco along to fucked up adventures.

Draw Toffee, Ludo, Moon, River of Buff Frog from the same AU.

Phineas and Ferb did

So like this from a few threads back? I just don't want to confuse the drawanon

Considering it's the same drawanon that did both, yes

>"muh filler"
This is basically an excuse to shit on an episode without pointing to one real reason it's bad.

Huh. She really does have blue eyes.

We got Janna characterization. Development isn't the same thing.
Same thing with Jackie.

Not when Pizza Thing and Fetch exist

The majority of screen time doesn't advance the plot or explore characters, and seems disconnected from the themes or ongoing plot of the rest of the show.

It's perfect, user.

It's not perfect, the lewd covering should have been at least twice as big

fixd

It's prolly stuffed in that purple heart stuff. Shit probably feels lile velvet.

Much better.

Season 2 had some lower lows but built itself up to much higher highs. Something consistent between both seasons is that the main "story/plot" episodes have been absolutely solid to great, and Season 2 has a lot more of them.

>Season 1 had more character development than Season 2
You what

People use filler without knowing the actual meaning and just windle it down to "I didnt like the episode" "it was slow" "it wasnt good"

I love you. You are my new favorite drawfag.

Irrelevant.
That still doesn't point to a single reason an episode is bad. Not being plot connected is not a negative in the slightest. It's a neutral at worst.

Not to mention all episodes explore characters because you see them interact with their world and gain a greater understanding of both.

"Filler" is not an internal-to-an-episode problem; it's a problem with the pacing of the larger work it's a part of. It's time spent on stuff that turns out to be not remotely related to the stuff the story later insists is really important - which weakens the really-important-stuff, because it doesn't get the attention that the size of the work seems to call for. But this doesn't mean a "filler episode" itself can't be excellently-written; it just means it doesn't fit in the larger vision.

Its bullshit how you fags get to sta here but /sug/ was banned.

But Star Vs doesn't use much filler at all. Even just applying the most basic standards of an episode's relevance, like introducing a character and setting up/advancing plot elements, Season 1 which gets shit a lot for not having enough story is only about 25% "filler" (6/24 segments).
Even then that's including episodes like School Spirit and Royal Pain as "filler" when it could easily be argued that they're relevant because they establish and expand on aspects of the characters involved.

The main plots of this show are character-driven drama, so establishing characterization is very important. The show also does a great job of setting up its plot points well in advance of when they actually become the focus of the story.
Star Vs has 72 segments and only a handful of them could be missed without really missing anything.

The hilarious thing is that episodes that seem completely like filler actually set up important plot elements later on, like Red Belt

Are there people who watched the dream sequence and didn't immediately recognize that it was some extremely blatant and heavy foreshadowing for the rest of the season?

>m-MUH SUG REEEEEE
quit falseflaggin

That's actually one of the things that made me fall in love with the show. The little things they drop, end up adding a whole lot of depth, all be at lot of it assumed.

Star vs. is like a puzzle where the writers give you the frame, but the viewer still has to fill in a bunch of the mess in the middle.

>But Star Vs doesn't use much filler at all.
Didn't say it did, was just going into why people might have issues with "filler" in the abstract. Star Vs. is actually really good about taking things that look like random one-off jokes and using them as major, serious elements later.

Even Star's "what did she mean by this" pudding-shove from Banagic really is very much in line with her character (she's got issues about other people thinking little of her.)

And they give you plenty of the pieces, sometimes too many (like we figured out that Moon made her deal with Eclipsa within a few days of the first trailer for Battle for Mewni, because we noticed the black magic "snakes" were already shown in the art of Eclipsa's chapter).
The show has depth but it's not THAT complicated or hard to predict where things are going, as long as you're paying attention.

It blew my mind how many people were genuinely confused about what happened in the Battle for Mewni.
People have been spoiled by shows going out of their way to explain every little detail, and when a show comes around that tells a good story by showing it instead of monologuing at you they don't even try to understand it.

>mfw only showed up in the haitus threads
>no lore was being discussed, just shitposting
>hadn't watched the show until a few weeks ago
Welp, at least there's S3 and 4.

It's Marco, the guy who worries too much about everything. If you aren't a DIES RIE guy you wouldn't think much of it

Your show is trash and it's been relegated to the board it belongs.

>he wasnt here for S1 premire and hiatus
>he wasnt here days AFTER the S2 finale (literally peak cuckposting)
>he wasnt here for Monstar, Tables, Sky, LVOE SPIKES, Drawfag spawning
I can feel it in me bones, we got another big storm coming around september

I mean, you wouldn't read into this at all?
>"We're moving on with OUR lives."

Don't you mean November?

That's when the show comes back, but I think means September is when the Star threads are due to start really losing their marbles again.

Now I was here for that last two (tail end of the second), but not for the first. How bad did it get between S1 and 2?

The point of pizza thing is for PH to befriend Marco, but that doesn't excuse the rest of the episode just for PH being a cunt.

I still want to see more star vs marco fighting.

Season 1 is mediocre at best. You had a selfie monster for fuk sake
Season 2 is ok at best , "buh muh status quo!!" Oh yes lets do something interesting in the last two episodes only

Seriously all of you overrated this show a lot.

Nuh-uh, you've underrated this show a lot.

pastebin.com/MvWxbFNT
Found more weird shit.

>The point of pizza thing is for PH to befriend Marco
They're less friendly in that episode than they were by the end of St. Olga's and Goblin Dogs.
The whole episode is just the two of them acting like dicks to both each other and everyone else but Star. They don't "become friends" by the end, they just stop fighting and work together so they don't ruin Friendship Thursday for Star. Marco gets along much better with even Tom.

I guess the "point" is to show Marco and Pony Head's relationship, but it doesn't show anything we didn't already know, and if anything it's a step back from how they interact in the two episodes before it (and they're back to how they were before by "The Bounce Lounge").
And no matter what the purpose was the whole episode is still full of painfully unfunny jokes and situations the second Star is off-screen, and even Marco is unsympathetic. It's like a bad episode of Seinfeld.

Marco has displayed on numerous times a desire for status quo. People moving on frightens him because it disrupts his sense of normalcy. Once again, you wouldn't read too much to it initially if you knew Marco's character

Actually, Marco and Ponyhead get along a lot better after that episode. It used to be that PH would have a quip for Marco when she saw him until that point

>while Season 2 changed the status quo, at the expense of character development for the sake of the plot

Season 2 had way more character development than anyone working on Season 1 could have imagined at the time. "hey monsters might not be bad maybe" was pretty much all the character development Star got then.

2 started out with some bizarre episodes but the middle/end had become easily better than 1.