Why did they have to make Cap a Nazi when Marvel claims to want to be socially conscious...

Why did they have to make Cap a Nazi when Marvel claims to want to be socially conscious? The potential for great Cap stories is at an all-time high in this climate.

He's not a nazi. Do you read Captain America? Do you, in fact, read comics?

Hydra agents are close enough

No, I just read the hubbub on the twitter

Because patriotism is essentially suger coated facism.

This is an old meme

You know, one world globalism, European federalism, etc is just nationalism for a proposed nation, right?

user, in this climate, no cis het white male is allowed to be socially conscious. Secret Empire and Captain Hydra was Marvel's attempt to discredit and bury Steve Rogers so they could make Sam WiIlson the one and only Captain America.

Nah that's bullshit.

But ultimately HydraCap is because the social climate. And he's going to be back to normal ina few months so you can get all your typical Captain America speeches.

He isn't a Nazi

He's a leader of a fascist party that puts a minority group in concentration camps where medical experiments are performed on them.
That sounds pretty nazi to me.

>In today's climate, more white males are subscribing to Conservatism, white supremacy, and Sup Forums-tier nazism
>White males now get triggered when Nazis and white supremacists are the bad guys in any form of media
>Bitch about Steve Rogers becoming one of them

I dont understand this.

>And he's going to be back to normal ina few months
Only because the whole plan hilariously backfired as the SJWs thought it was Marvels way of saying Nazis are cool and nobody likes Sam Willson. Had reception not been so overwhelmingly poor, they would have gone through with it. You can tell just by reading Secret Empire and by all the extra issues that were added that they were planning on cementing Sam as THE Captain America while Steve would have been killed or something, but they changed it at the last second. Like the shoehorning of that weird story of Steve lost in the woods.

That's not surprising. Keep at it. Perhaps you'll work out why one day.

If you say so user.

That's a question I've been asking for a while.

You must not have been reading comics for very long. Take it from a fan of over 30 years: things change in comics all the time, sometimes for a year or two, but they always go back to the way they were. Even Wolverine is coming back.

You'll get that in the new Cap book after Secret Empire. Written by Mark Waid.

Not a Nazi in a literal sense, but definitely a fascist. This is definitely one of the worst times to turn the pinnacle of moral uprightness in Marvel into a shitbag fascist however.

Captain Hydra was never a long-term or permanent characterization anyways, so I dunno why people are getting so hung up on it, I mean it's not like he chose to be this way, it took a reality-bending cosmic MacGuffin to turn him into this.

In what climate? Summer? Because it sure feels like summer around here.

They thought Hillary would win. So they weren't ready for a world of Trump.

Captain America was brainwashed by the Cosmic Cube into thinking that he's really a Hydra Agent by the Red Skull. It didn't work because even when brainwashed, Steve hates the Skull and won't hesitate to kill him the moment he gets the chance.

Captain America in Secret Empire is supposed to be a full blown Super villain not a Nazi. It's just that a decade of pundits and critics comparing their critics to various politicians ended up causing people to compare Hydra to Nazis.

I thought Coates was taking over Cap?
Between the two, I'd much rather read Coates' take.