Would Ryu be formidable in the DC universe or just another street level hero?

Would Ryu be formidable in the DC universe or just another street level hero?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/OlafRedland/status/888508846615830528
youtube.com/watch?v=J3vDtZeo1YQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aUB6jidsS5A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He will kick batman ass, but not much for karate kid.

Ryu could probably go toe-to-toe with any S-class martial artist like Lady Shiva

Depends. Has he found the answer in the heart of battle yet? Or does he need to keep fighting to find the answer?

Batman

Depends is he as strong as he is in Street Fighter or is he as strong as a human would be in DC with his training?

>Ryu under Power of Nothingness
Can stand toe-to-toe with Wonder Woman but will still be jobbed.

>Ryu without Power of Nothingness
A Tier fighter in the DC Universe; could probably lose to Karate Kid.

Well the MVC universe is closest we'll see Ryu in a super hero comic book setting, and he seems pretty super human there.

twitter.com/OlafRedland/status/888508846615830528

Ryu would be a low level superhuman

he has energy projection (hadouken)

He would be strong. In DC he would shit all over the Bat family, Shiva, and low meta beings. In Marvel he could give Spider man a run for his money believe it or not. Have you guys seen the shit that Akuma can do? Ryu can keep up with him for a time whenever they fight.

well shit that pretty much is what Superman's all about.

I dont think Batman can break a car punching it like Street Fighter characters do.

That depends.
Does DC let him stagnate as he is like Capcom has, or does he finally go full Akuma tier and give in to the SNH fully?

Also what point in the timeline is Ryu?
Because a SFII Ryu would get his shit kicked in by Karate Kid with no effort, while SFIII would actually put up a halfway decent fight.

>Ryu
>Hero
he'd be a hobo that only does minor feats here and there, either to train or to save from immediate danger

He'd be Captain America / Iron Fist level tier. I know those are Marvel characters, but I don't know which DC character would be equivalent (Batman?). The only problem would be that he doesn't really have any weapons or gadgets which would hurt him in a more unconventional fight.

I'm really curious where Akuma would stand though.

These two would put most heroes out of work. The the span of a few hours the city is clean. People might not know this, but it took years for Mad Gear to reform, as most of it members are dead or too crippled to fight again.

I don't see how Cap is on Danny tier. Danny can uppercut a tank, and suplex and train. Cap can't do that. Hell Ryu, Ken, and Akuma can do that, many powerful Tekken and KOF characters can do that.

Danny also punched away a nuclear explosion. Anytime you see Captain America defeating/holding his own against Iron-Fist or Shang-Chi, that is just prime Captain America wanking at work.

Ah okay. I figured Cap is supposed to be "peak human ability" so I figured Ryu would be up there. Didn't realize how strong Iron Fist was.

Akuma would be a legitimate threat to a lot of people. From a lore perspective, the Shun Goku Satsu doesn't fucking care about shit like how strong or weak the opponent is physically.
All that needs to happen for it to he a one hit kill is for Akuma to land the attack, and for the opponant to have a complete and intact soul.

And if he take Oni into account, then he starts shattering the goddamn moon.
Between the murderous intent and the sheer number of powerful opponents in DC, Akuma would thrive and grow stronger than he could ever hope to in his own universe.

He'd easily be a front liner.
He has casual bullet dodges even in Alpha, which is him in his early years.
His strength on good days can rival Base Akuma, who kicks Nuclear subs from underwater to above it, as well he can hurt and defeat Zangief who can just face tank Psycho Power with his muscles.
His technique should be Grandmaster tier in DC considering this:
After losing Ryu Sagat trained under Dhalsim to become stronger, and in doing so beat Ryu SO HARD that he actually told Ryu to also train under Dhalsim out of pity. Ryu doing so was then able to match/beat Sagat once again.
All these feats mind you and none of them involve Power of Nothingness.

That's the spirit! As it should be. Only one can be KEN-OH (Fist King)!

Cody would either be Suicide Squad or maybe one of Batman's side teams like with Clayface in Detective Comics or Justice League of America since he seems willing to throw in a reform criminal

cody is in the top 5 of most powerful characters in the street fighter universe and that's including shit like shin oni

he ain't even formidable in Street Fighter

Bane vs Cody.
Ra's vs Bison.
Ken meets Bruce Wayne.
I'd like to see that.

But Ken has met Bruce. Both are CEO's. But in indulge you, Ken and his son, Mel could be guest in Supersons.

Are you people unironically retarded?

Akuma once destroyed an island and a couple mountain ranges with a punch, Ryu CAN and HAS kept up with him in that same state.

Alpha 2 ending. You know, I still believe that Ken is the strongest. Why? Do runs a company, spends time with his family, trains Sean and Mel, and still have time to keep up with Ryu and give him a good fight. If Ken was to cut everything else out and focus on his fist, he would be unstoppable.

Wrong.
Akuma has never once gone all out against Ryu. Akuma almost never goes all out against anyone period. The punches that Akuma hits Ryu with are not the same punches that shatter mountains.

The entire reason Akuma is in Ryu is that he sees potential for Ryu to become as strong as he is, which would finally give Akuma an opponent actually worthy of giving his all, something that doesn't currently exist in SF. Not even characters like Oro or Gil can match Akuma for very long. The only one that's ever beaten Akuma is Gouken. And that was only ounce.

Akuma performing mountain breaking punches on Ryu would shatter the filthy hobo to bits. That would defeat the point. Akuma only ever puts out just enough power to let Ryu think he can win, only to take it away when he's at his most hopeful, all to try and bait out Ryu's killing intent.

Is it Ryu from the Marvel VS games or from street fighter proper?

Because in terms of power levels those are two very different guys.

Bane gets stomped dude.
Cody is a fucking monster.
No joke.
You know those tornadoes he can create in SF4?
Those aren't Ki. He makes those with raw power.

Akuma is also a pussy for never daring to challenge Cody when he is serious.

But what about the sadness in my heart?

Why don't we talk about the REAL Main character of Street Fighter?
Where would Dan Hibiki place?

Chun Li is more of the main character of Street Fighter
>been in every game excluding the first non-fighting game one
>connections to Ryu, Shadaloo, and the Illuminati. the 3 major plots points in Street Fighter
Ryu as a plot point is that the raging demon, other than that he's not really an active character
you could say Ryu also fought Shadaloo, but it's not like he really cares about Bison. He only fought Bison because he was the champion of 2nd martial arts tournament

The real answer is that street fighter is am ensemble cast and there is no main character.
Saying Street Fighter has a main character is like saying Marvel has a main character.

Man, you try to be funny and it starts a srs discussion on SF lore.
imo Dan Hibiki would actually be about B-tier power wise, but would be relegated to a comedy position.
He's basically the Booster Gold of SF, but with no redemption arc.

MCU does have a main character.

Lex Luther would be after him to obtain his hadoken power but Ryu would Karate him

MCU does.
Marvel Comics does not.

Which version of Ryu?

Regular Street Fighter Ryu is on par with Batman

Marvel Vs. Capcom Ryu goes toe-to-toe with Dr. Doom, Magneto, Juggernaut, and even Thanos

Devoid of all emotions but sadness and compassion, unlock the ultimate technique!

MUSOU TENSEI

But on an unrelated note, if you compare Asura's Wrath Ryu, i'm quite certain he can solo every street hero in DC and Marvel AND a few heavy hitters.

Speaking of, we haven't had a good new "martial arts" hero or villain in a good while. Now it's all about technology and wit rather than PUNCHING THE SHIT OUTTA EVERYONE WITH KARATE.

Street Fighter Ryu can release Kamehameha 2.0 and effortlessly beat master martial artists

He fights equally against an Island Buster when he's incredibly serious

I mean, he could eventually

Remember how Sakura was able to learn Ansatsuken from just looking at Ryu?

Ya think some of the street level heroes can learn about the ways of the Hado from just looking at him?

Also Sean is trash since even with Ken as a teacher, he can barely do a Hadoken

Ken has never actually formally trained Sean.

Street Fighter is fucking gay

>Bane vs Cody.
>Cody
From memory, isn't it canon that if Cody ever fought completely seriously, he'd beat Akuma and be a good match for Oni? And that's without any ki, it's pure raw power.

SF actually has official main characters depending on the story arc

SF3 is Alex
SF4 is Abel & Juri
SFV is Rashid

Everything before that is questionable. Ryu is the mascot

I'd say he'd rank around the same as Richard Dragon or Wildcat with the added bonus of ki control and projection.

You're right, my memory of SF3 is going bad.

I still vastly prefer any character above him. He's the Shingo of Street Fighters

Cassandra Cain probably could.

He'd be able to take down Aquaman

Actually, I think the canon ending is that Guile won the second tournament. Ryu left for some reason, so Sagat dropped out because he was only there to fight Ryu.
Bison wanted revenge.
Chun-Li and Guile stuck around etc etc.

The same people also claim that Zangief won Street Fighter IVs tournament, since he was the only character who's ending depicts him winning it.

I believe Dan is actually stated to be significantly better than most ordinary martial artists (He does really well in the tournament Karin holds in Sakura's spin-off manga) but compared to the rest of the SF cast he falls well below the curve.

Ryu would probably be considered a metahuman at best, assuming he's at his full potential.

But nevermind him, how would Mario do in the DC universe?

Does Mario have access to his various drugs?

Ryu didn't even win the Street Fighter vs. GI Joe comics. He wouldn't stand a chance against the DC universe.

I could see Dan being an antagonist for another hero.
Not a bad guy, just a guy who constantly shows up and messes things up.

The G.I. Joes in the G.I. Joe comics are all Batman with plot armor.

Has Akuma met Oro in game? I just remember Akuma getting shown up by him in the comics which doesn't mean shit.

Akuma also seemed to think highly of Cody in 4.

what do you think?

Yeah he did it in SFV and conqured the Dark Hado.

youtube.com/watch?v=J3vDtZeo1YQ

Ryu's the main character of SF1 by virtue of being the only controllable character without winning as player 2.

>Would Ryu be formidable in the DC universe or just another street level hero?

Neither. He'd be just another Street fighter.

i think the canon winners are...

SF1 - ryu (obviously)
SF2 - ken
SF3 - either oro or alex
SF4 - zangief

...don't ask me about the alpha games or 5 because i don't know

>The same people also claim that Zangief won Street Fighter IVs tournament, since he was the only character who's ending depicts him winning it.

it's also because he's one of the few if not the only character to even mention a tournament.

going by it sounds like SF2's main characters were guile & chun li

>SFV is Rashid
wouldn't 5's main character be charlie?

i could believe it. he's basically the mr. satan of street fighter

SF1 is Sagat winning, I thought.

sagat hosted the tournament to prove he was the best fighter in the world

ryu won by sucker punching him that's why he has the scar on his chest

peak level Daigo or another top tier Japanese player could probably OCV DC, 616 and Tatsunoko.
probably not MvC Marvel though, I'd have more faith in Gouki

he just wanted Cody to fight without handcuffs and without holding back

Mario's feats are fucking insane, especially if you include every single god damn spinoff title.
Then you get into QPUs and out of bounds shenanigans, he's easily the most OP character ever conceived.

Cody while holding back considers Akuma a letdown. So yes.

Depends on what you decide to look at. Street Fighter's power levels have been all over the place.

How about other Capcom fighting game characters? The Darkstalkers cast is at the very least very resilient, capable of more or less shrugging off being sliced in half. And a lot of them have some pretty crazy powers.

Akuma is stronk but still loses out to the real dc heavy hitters

But the MvC universe isn't canon to the SF universe. By the standards of MvC, Ryu in MvC1 would be at his absolute peak since he can not only use his own abilities, but the abilities of his shoto counterparts at will.

By the way, what are Zangief's best feats?

Piledriving and suplexing bears, and accidentally slapping R.Mika's ass.

so, not much? (

well, i will always hold Zangief's ending after beating Seth as canon in my heart

>Ryu can keep up with him for a time whenever they fight.
But he can't win against Akuma, but lets face it we are all asking the wrong question here.

The real question is how formidable would Heihachi be in DC or Marvel.

>boss character losing to The Jobber

For the embodiment of God's Wrath Corrigan doesn't do much except get his ass kicked in big events. If Akuma was a character in a one and done morality horror tale then the Spirit would definitely beat him in some cruelly ironic way.

I think SF Ryu can definitely carry his weight within the Justice League. He wouldn't be as strong compared to some people but he did beat a super pyscho powered M. Bison.

Now, What would guys think of Sol Badguy or any other GG character? I personally think he's strong enough to be with the big boys like Superman.

Pretty sure he won one of the tournaments? I think?

iirc during the arcade mode for usf4 where the final boss is oni/shin oni he straight up admits he doesn't know if he'd be able to fight cody if cody actually started putting effort into fighting

Very very well. His antics and over the top theatrics would fit in either Marvel or DC very good. Plus he is very very very hard to kill. Also I like that Heihachi is pure human power, no supernatural power ups or deals with higher beings for power. It is all him.

Pic related is my main in Tekken games.

I want to see a crossover where Heihachi obtains psycho power given that he's already stupidly powerful in the Tekkenverse without any superpower shit or the devil gene

Nah, Rashid played a bigger role in the story. Nash didn't deserve to get his glory stolen by Ryu

He broke the Masamune or something like that by letting it hit his pecs.

Dude would be above any street-level hero. His Shinkuu Hadouken is crazy powerful and I'm pretty sure he's strong enough to break boulders by punching them and shit.

I could see him going toe-to-toe with Karate Kid and being fascinated by his martial arts ability, probably asking to study under him, if he ever found a way into the 31st century or if the Legion ever came to the 21st.

I want to see Lady Shiva become Akuma's pupil and learn how to control the Satsui no Hadou.

You better not have Shiva cheat on Raoh with Akuma user. I am watching you!

>he doesn't want to see Lady Shiva learn Shotokan
>he doesn't want to see Lady Shiva learn how to throw Hadoukens and shit
>he doesn't want to see Shiva kill someone by using the Shun Goku Satsu

Depends on if he's managed to control the Satsui no Hado yet or not.

She can learn, BUT no hanky panky. YOU UNDERSTAND! I know how you can be at times Sup Forums.

Raoh can go get cucked!

Shiva belongs to big Akuma cock.

Only and I mean only if he's evil Ryu.

youtube.com/watch?v=aUB6jidsS5A