Metal and Doomsday clock

>in 2017, DC gives both Moore and Gaiman excuses to sue

which event will end up being stupider, pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsheatingup.net/2017/08/12/spoilers-and-review-dark-night-metal-1-rocks/
comicsheatingup.net/2017/08/12/spoilers-and-review-dark-night-metal-1-rocks/#more-21427
vimeo.com/223025116
neilgaiman.com/FAQs/Sandman
youtu.be/tgCiC6qTtjs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Moore can't sue because they're not making a sequel to Watchmen and Gaiman was likely asked

1. DC has to get permission from Gaimen to use Endless, it's in a contract
2. Daniel was in Morrison's JLA a fucking decade ago

Maybe Snyder asked Gaiman for permission like Morrison back then.

Any reason they're not using his more known look? Is it a way to get through a loophole or something?

>2. Daniel was in Morrison's JLA a fucking decade ago

tfw Morrison's JLA was 20 years ago

Because Morpheus was killed and Daniel is now Dream? Duh?

... because that Dream is dead?

guys probably should have spoilered that for him

He was also in Johns' JSA.

I've honestly not gotten around to finishing Sandman, how does this dream differ from Morpheus?

And appeared in Johns' JSA in one issue.

It's a little difficult to explain, just finish read it.

And Robinsons Earth 2

Fair enough, quit my shitty job so I've got all the time in the world right now

that's Wesley Dodds, user

Me too user.
Enjoy your free time.

Thanks man, any reading recommendations? I've been reading through some of Morrison's Doom Patrol and I like it, but does it pick up early on or is it a big payoff kind of deal?

I dunno.

Where is the Doomsday Clock scan?

Will Doomsday Clock have Doomsday in it?

Death was also in Cornell's Action Comics.

Maybe, but please don't tell me you think that because the story's called "Doomsday Clock"

No real big payoff or pickup in Morrison's Doom Patrol. It just stays like it is until the run is done. His Animal Man is better, but Milligan's Shade the Changing Man is best of that ilk.
If you're going back through Sandman, you've got some good reading ahead of you.

Superman also kills batman at some point during the event so I'm guessing batman will also meet Death and Death's Pedant will probably be made of the immportant Metal

Probably just a nightmare sequence.

that could be too but then again if Dream is in play the Rest of the endless could be too

He came here to bitch about shit he had little knowledge of. He can fuck off

>to bitch about
Dude was only asking why Dream wasn't in his famous black robes, chill out

Do you think Killer Frost will be involved?

Seriously fuck you. You know fully well that's not how that shit plays out.

Retard.

At least this proves that the Lucifer 2.0 author was a complete hack

Different Sandman user.

Sorry I'm a casual faggot but who is he?

Wait, was that Dodds or Sandy? Because Sandy was in Johns JSA for a bit

It's Dodds

user got confused

Dream of the Endless, Daniel, The Sandman, etc

There were some preview pages released that show the Justice League fighting multiple Batmen, so it's probably a robot or something.

It's Dodds with a Sandy-style costume.

Anyone made a thread about this? This guy spoiled the entire issue.
comicsheatingup.net/2017/08/12/spoilers-and-review-dark-night-metal-1-rocks/

I thought Shade was the weakest Vertigo book. Strong characters, but the plot was just meandering around. Basically Milligan filling in whatever he could.

>plot
it was never about plot user. shade was v poetic and it was a deep study of a few key themes and ideas across 50-70 issues (Milligan wanted to stop after 50 which is why the last 20 are count em if you want

It cracks me up, this obsessive possessiveness of a character that is a blatant rip-off of Elric.

DC should ask Michael Moorcock if its ok to use the character instead.

>Elric
>Sandman

what are you smoking?

You seriously don't know? Gaiman has admitted that he stole many elements of Elric. He was a big fan of Moorcock and wrote the foreward to one of the later book collections where he openly acknowledges it.

Gaiman has no legal agreement. Writers just ask him out of courtesy and respect for his work.

He also has a short story about a young teen loving Moorcock
>One Life, Furnished In Early Moorcock" (Elric: Tales of the White Wolf, 1994)

That might actually be what you are referring to

So will this be the story that finally addressed the 3 Jokers plot point?

In the early interviews of Metal Snyder said he wasn't doing any Rebirth stuff, so probably not.

But you have to know at this point it's just timeline bullshit and not really a big deal, right?

no everyone's pretty much stated that's Johns's story to tell. I know it's a slow build user but patience

why do they need his permission? what kind of deal they got?

Is JLA going to cross over in the event? That might be when that Destiny/Frost scene will happen.

This is so fucking stupid

Around 1989, shortly after Death was introduced, Greg Weismann (of Young Justice/Gargoyles fame) used Death in Captain Atom, where she and Necron showed up as avatars of death.

Neil threw a huge queen size tantrum demanding NO ONE was allowed to use the Endless EVER without his explicit permission.

About a decade later (around the mid-00s) DC signed a deal with Gaiman where NO ONE was allowed to touch any of the Endless and any characters/concepts from the book. Which, in Neil's eyes, also included Hector Hall or Lyta Hall (even though they were longtime JSA members).

It's why they were killed off like they were in a bye-the-bye fashion in JSA during Infinity Crisis, and why Johns couldn't show Danial on-panel taking their souls away to a dimension "where they could never return. The fact that Hector only appeared ONCE in Sandman and was the new Doctor Fate (and played a major role in JSA) meant NOTHING to Gaiman; he declared Hector belonged to him simply because he appeared in Sandman and NO ONE NO ONE could use him ever again.

(Neil's attitude is also why a planned Swamp Thing/Poison Ivy special he was going to write got vetoed hard, as Neil wanted to kill Ivy off and it in writing that no one could EVER bring her back)

Paul Cornell had to kiss his ass big time to be allowed to use Death and even then, Neil only allowed DC to let him use Death if Neil and Neil alone could write the issue (which he ghost wrote) and Death's cameo in Action Comics #900

Metal is supposed to be like an alternate edgy world so that's why you see Superman killing Batman, three Jokers etc.

>Neil only allowed DC to let him use Death if Neil and Neil alone could write the issue (which he ghost wrote)
sauce?

>tfw your long standing hypercrisis theory that Endless exist across multiple multiverses holds up
Nice

How much of this is real? Because there's some parts that were real (the incident with Greg Weisman using Death in Captain Atom) but it sounds like you embellishing and projecting.

They need Gaiman's permission to use the Endless mostly because of how they work in the multiverse as a whole. As long as it isn't something like "there are more than one avatar of Death and Endless' Death is for happy deaths or whatever" Gaiman doesn't see problems with it.

wow what a twist you pull here user. Gaiman is just a fucking smart businessman and he negotiated some smart contracts. And I think it's good The Endless can't be ruined by shitty DC writers

I wonder how much of that BleedingCool "Dr. Endless" stuff was real or not. Neil seemed confused by the allegations and denied them, but then DC did cancel the book to (maybe) resolicit it later.

dream
an op son of a bitch
king of dreams
stronger than saitama and goku combined
read the sandman my friend

Shit, I wonder if any of the other Vertigo heavy-standbys will show up

I jast read the sandman last week , and then ..this happens !

Very good timing. Other than Overture and being referenced off panel in a JSA story arc, his last appearance was in Morrison's JLA 20 years ago.

Wait nevermind, he did appear in the early 2000s a few times in the Lucifer series (which you should read next)

Is he showing up because he's Hawkman's grandson? I'm assuming this is from Metal?

Yeah it's from Metal. This website got their hands on it and posted a bunch of panels from it.

comicsheatingup.net/2017/08/12/spoilers-and-review-dark-night-metal-1-rocks/#more-21427

>Superman kills Batman the same way he killed Joker

what is sandman about for a unclutured dude who only reads super hero comics

>it's fucking terrible
This isn't surprising at all.

The world's longest most convoluted magical suicide

It's about how giving in to delirium and sets one out on the path of destruction that ultimate leads to death.

that....is an impossible question to answer. It's literally about everything. The 'main' character, I have quotations cause you leave him very often to have stories about other people who just barely interact with him, is Dream. So it's very heady and deals with a lot of abstract concepts.

I really don't think there is a good way to describe it. But it's THE most studied comic in university classes (far more than Watchmen) and it lauded as the best achievement in art and lit that comics as done. While I don't agree that it's the best, it certainly deserves a place amoung the best

The first story-arc is actually very much a super-hero comic. It was only after it that it became a story about stories, with several of the issues being short stories that were held together with common themes.
In the beginning, Morpheus (Dream of the Endless) is captured and imprisoned by human occultists. He is an Endless, who are personifications of concepts (Destiny, Death, Dream, Destruction, Desire, Despair, Delirium). When he was captured, the Dreaming, the place that he controlled, went into disrepair. When he is freed at the end of the first issue, he teams up with various people (Martian Manhunter, Mister Miracle, John Constantine) to recover his personal items and reclaim the Dreaming properly.
After that first arc, it becomes a very otherwordly examination of literature and really good world building.

Some fans actually made a pretty good fan-film out of one of the first issues (#6), and is pretty horrifying.
vimeo.com/223025116

Also this if you want a really TL:DR

More leaks

And even that was literally making good on a hanging plot thread from Sandman.

Didn't this event start with them revealing that he has a machine that can literally bring himself back to life?

>Daniel Hall Dream
>Grandson of Carter and Shiera Hall
>DUDE Nth METAL LMAO

Weren't the last 20 when the comic basically became a parody of Doctor Who?

Different user, but that actually sounds like a good description. Shade goes to New York, his son rapidly grows, and he juggles ~7 new random characters. I can't remember if I actually finished it after that, because it really went off the rails after Kathy got shot and killed

There's a difference between a tripfag and a namefag.

You mean this page, where they literally reference the agreement, call Daniel by his title, and you can tell that it's obviously him?

Might as well post this again.

Holy fucking shit this garbage is hilarious.

plot twist

...I was reading that before you posted

Moore doesn't have the rights to Watchmen does he? Isn' t it something like the when the book goes out of print it goes back to him.

what even happened with this

>Anyone but Gainman writing the Endless
>Anyone but Moore writing Watchmen
How can anyone defend this shit? Don't you have any shred of integrity?

Of the 4 things previewed 2 of the 4 have been done and the 3rd is the current arc. Seems this will come last.

neilgaiman.com/FAQs/Sandman
If I'm not wrong, Gaiman doesn't own Sandman. So why would he sue?

Because Sup Forums is parroting a 20 year meme rumor started by Rich the Leech.

*20 year old meme rumor

Could this lead into other Vertigo charcters showing up

Yeah, like he'll ever read it.

A- Finish Sandman, it's pretty cool. Overture was pretty cool too.

B- Read Lucifer, it's awesome, maybe my favorite comic ever. The original series (starts with Sandman Presents: Lucifer), not the current one.

Other books I'm reading/recently read that I'd recommend:

Deadly Class- assassin high school drug bender coming of age story

Saga- intergalactic late stage multi-generation race war family story

It Hurts- standard friends goofing around story with some minor Apocalypse elements and a few zombies and cyborgs, etc.

I don't completely disagree, but how does it prove that?
Like seriously I don't get how they're related.

what the fuck is with that signature?

I think that the puppet master that Doctor Manhattan was referring to at the end of the Button Mini-Arc is the Presence

you should read overture if you haven't, it's sort of a prequel to sandman.

It's was the 90s, user.
youtu.be/tgCiC6qTtjs

What magic did Bill do here?