Why was this movie so good? Theatrical too

Why was this movie so good? Theatrical too.

Why has /co become over run with idiotic bait threads? Stupid power level battles, too.

No idea. I just wanted a good old fashioned BvS thread.

BvS is one of my favorite movies and I'm writing a massive textual analysis of it.

I liked this move for a lot of reasons.

It showed how hard it can be to do the most possible good and how in the process of trying to do so we might mess up, but thats okay as long as we keep trying to do good and never give up in the long run.

It actually portaryed every character having different sets of information based on who they are and the means at their disposal. I really hate stories where basically every main character has more or less the same amount of information because its easier to write it that way.

I like that it explored how our past experiences can color our perception of current events and that it can be really hard to try and see things from someone else's perspective.
I like that it continued all of the themes from MoS. Pa Kent & Clark's parallel struggles in trying to do the most possible good and accepting the unintended consequences there of. The after effects of MoS' "first contact." How every villain views themselves as the hero of their own story.

Its a good movie.

I also think its awesome that they werent afraid to go full COMICS and give us alternate futures and time travel effecting the middle of the story a la CoIE

There are shills among us.

>REEEE HOW DARE YOU LIKE SOMETHING I DON'T

You were a mistake.

I wanted to do that but I never saw Excalibur and I don't have knowledge about art history so I think my analysis would fall short.

>It actually portaryed every character having different sets of information based on who they are and the means at their disposal. I really hate stories where basically every main character has more or less the same amount of information because its easier to write it that way.

I thought that was great too. Instead of having some boring omniscience as though the characters already read the script or were watching with the audience, each character had limited knowledge and made decisions based on that knowledge. A lot of people were complaining about the Lois bullet plot, but that was an integral part of the story from her point of view. If she was able to prove that the US government hired mercenaries to escalate the conflict and blame Superman (as opposed to the narrative that was fabricated by Lex that Superman caused the escalation), then she would have been able to clear Superman's name.

Lots of lead in the water.

Yeah exactly, glad you agree

Dont you mean alternate dream future and timelines?

Not the some poster but watch Excalibur; it's great and is very informative on Batman v Superman.

I love Batman v Superman for its sincerity, and made me get Superman as the personification of optimism.

Where is Superman's best pal Jimmy Olsen?

DC fans on Sup Forums and Sup Forums are so hypocritcal. They spam threads like this, then make more threads with the logic "THERE ARE SO MANY DC THREADS, THAT MEANS DC MOVIES ARE GOOD AND MARVEL MOVIES ARE NOT GOOD BECAUSE THERE ARE WAYYY MORE DC THREADS THAN MARVEL THREADS"

Well no shit, when your mission is to spam DC threads, there are going to be more. The hypocrisy comes in when a pro-Marvel or thread comes up, and then DC fans quickly denounce them as "Marvel shills".

Yet when DC spams threads, by some logic, they are not shills.

Annoying DC fans have made me hate DC movies, and I didn't even have a side in these retarded console wars.

>liking shit flicks

No, you.

>all these strawmen and NO YOUS!

Because it was directed like a movie and not like a television episode, engaged with its subject matter on more than just a surface level, was conscious of the sociopolitical climate of the time we live in, wasn't afraid to be different and offer its own interpretation of things and had some actual artistic integrity to it.

I honestly think the DC fanbase is worse than the Sonic fanbase

I agree with this post completely.
>conscious of the sociopolitical climate of the time we live in
It was a bit too eerily accurate. A wealthy guy behind the scenes pulling strings to make good guys look bad and the fake news media buying it and expanding it to a huge degree. Not to mention the Africa scene, among many others.

These

At least the sonic fandom doesn't defend the worst of their titles and doesn't deflect criticism by posting about how Snyder uses basic, surface level bible imagery and that makes it good

Even when they get thrown a bone like Wonder Woman they have no clue how to handle it since they've thrived for so long playing the victim/intellectual kino connoisseur card. Hell, they're still bragging about how much money Skwad made or its superfluous Oscar despite being a terrible movie that even the most devoted DCEU fan won't defend watching more than once sober.

There simply is no logic to their mind set or brand mentality because their arguments adhere to no constants or observable standards. It's purely whatever goal post with wheels and cinder block on the gas they can come up with after the fact.

It's to the point now where it's not even Marvel vs DC, it's DC vs everyone because anyone who isn't them is obviously a mouseketeer Disney Shill.

>implying BvS was bad
Still no coherent arguments from you people. All you do is spam "Martha" as if it were a bad scene.

Movie was pretty fun, not everything made sense but it was a fun watch, especially the Batman fight scenes.

Sup Forums is filled with teenagers, so that comes with a childish obsession with fictional fights and an insecure level of maturity that they actually think BvS is good and feel the need to make threads like this

Still no coherent arguments from you people. All you do ignore all logic and insist BvS wasn't shit.

I can't wait until someone starts talking about how MARTHA was actually a deep and intelligent moment

>> No True Scotsman

BvS fans are not real DC fans

>>We didn't misunderstand, we got it, it was still fucking stupid

Covers most arguments with these people

>post count didn't go up even by one
Really makes you think.

congrats you got one (you) from me, what is your next step in your master plan?

What? It did.

I waited until the director cut to watch BvS. True capekino, I unironically think Marvel movies are just flicks in comparison.

I wonder what went through his head.

What were some things that confused you? Maybe I can help clear them up.

Remember the secret agent from the africa scene in BvS? The one who got shot in the fucking head?
Yeah, that was him, no joke.

> "Must retrieve the ring from Frodo!"

But you guys don't need to pretend to like this anymore now that you have Wonderwoman.

Sup Forums deserves a better class of bait.

I should probably get around to watching the ultimate edition, I didn't really like the theatrical cut

It was directed by Zack Snyder, why wouldn't you expect it to be incredible? Anybody that had a hand in Wonder Woman and has worked with patty jenkins probably has a solid back log of amazing little passion projects like this.

And if Skwad hadn't sucked balls I'm sure you'd all be trying to give him credit for that too.

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex was a mistake

No mate, he was one of the best things about it.

Piss Jars all the way, they're like Superman's Kryptonite

Why are you pretending that that was a bad scene?

How wasn't it?

the children around here don't seem to think saying something with "lol" next to it means it was terrible.

There really isn't any other reason given besides "dude, piss LMAO"

Sup Forums, you're drunk. Go Home.

how was it a bad scene?

I just hope Justice League doesnt flop

Back to Sup Forums with your contrarianism aesthetic.

And even with all of that going for it, the movie turned out shit.

It had the proper amount of tension and build up and was a call back to a previous scene. It showed off Lex's character in how he was able to get vengeance in a petty, yet flashy, manner. But as this guy said
You have to prove your own argument.

After BvS's disappointing reception with fans, moviegoers and critics as well as it's box office under-performance there's plenty to worry about. But people seem to love cape films these days since they seem to be the only genre of movie that is doing well in 2017.

If it flops, then that'll just be more fodder for the kino elitist to act like it's some misunderstood cinematic litmus test of true intelligence.

If it succeeds, then it doesn't matter if it was a good movie or not, because it made money and other people liked it and those bragging rights are worth more than a movie actually being what they wanted (Skwad).

I'm personally hoping for a 15 minutes cgi fight scene between Superchrist and a Pissjar powered up Darkseid.

>tfw you will never be in the middle of a batfleck and cavil sandwich
why live

Damn. You guys are great. I mean it. Keep up the good job.

You're the one making the argument it is a bad scene. user, not me, asked the question of you, which you dodged.

So prove your point.

ITT: People who are unable recognize the limitations of their own intelligence and personal tastes who mistake ham-fisted symbolism and superfluous allegory for genius directing and color muted high saturation slow motion sequences for masterful cinematography.

The same kind of people who assume anything that makes their brain struggle to grasp its complexity is automatically on the same level as anything else capable of doing so. The same mentality that leads sub-normers to lump try-hard plebeian efforts like the Matrix sequels, Cloud Atlas, Watchmen or Batman vs Superman in with genuine thought provoking masterpieces such as 2001: A Space Odyssey or Blade Runner.

you literally just put a no true scotsman in your fucking post you stupid idiot, and nothing in the post you replied to had a no true scotsman in it.

god you are dumb

a wealthy redhead at that

nah

but Snyder had almost nothing to do with Skwad except for directing that one shot with the Flash in it. Why are you so dumb? Snyder had kept the WW movie alive for years as WB wanted to get rid of the project. And Snyder wrote the story for it too and made sure they kept Trevor in it.

why do you get so mad that people liked something you didnt? Are you this insecure?

You tard, The guy you are replying to argues its a good scene and even puts his argument IN the post

>It had the proper amount of tension and build up and was a call back to a previous scene. It showed off Lex's character in how he was able to get vengeance in a petty, yet flashy, manner. But as this guy said

>all this strawman

its really sad how all your BvS haters do is make up strawmen to argue against.

>dumb user can't even actually explain why its a bad scene

you stupid child

Normally I couldn't give less of a shit if I disagreed with someone about a movie

But the fact that DCEU fanboys act all smug and like they are smarter than everyone else for liking a fucking movie where a guy dressed as a bat fights a man in tights

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

B V S is a movie by dumb people, for dumb people to think the movie and themselves are smarter than they really are

>But the fact that DCEU fanboys act all smug

Where do you see that? Even if one did that, why would you let a single person color your whole perception of an entire fanbase?

>who mistake ham-fisted symbolism and superfluous allegory

But
don't say anything aboyt religious symbolism or allegory at all you stupid strawmanning shill

>how dare you make a thread to discuss something you like!!!

thats how brain dead you sound

Can we discuss the scenes we liked from the movie?Or would that be shilling.

I hate this movie because Sup Forums won't shut the fuck up about it

>(You)

Go ahead, ignore the idiots who cant handle people like a movie they dont

thats dumb, just turn off your computer or go to a different site nigga. Do you not have a life outside of Sup Forums?

>If I don't like it, its bait

I want the summer children to leave, you guys look so dumb

dont put us in the same fucking boat as Sup Forumsfags

>Implying he/she was talking about those specific people
Self-centered autist detected

The Dunning-Kruger effect.

>(You)

God you are so retarded, how do you live with yourself? How am I self-centered if I am talking about anons that arent me? And how is that person not retarded for making up strawmen that have nothing to do with the posters in this thread? And further, why defend someone who is blatantly wrong if it just makes you look retarded?

>(You)

Why are you fags always pushing this no true scotasman and "only Sup Forums fags could like it!" narrative? Its pathetic. I have been collecting and reading DC comics since I was a child, and inhereted a huge collection of golden to bronze age floppies from my dad that I love. I have read and cherish DC comics older than anyone on this site, and love never talked about shit like DC's Solo series.

Whats more, I love the comics medium as a whole, having read Scott McCloud's Understanding Comics, Marvel Comics' The Untold Story, old Eisner comics, absurdist french comics, franco-belgin comics, etc. the list goes on.
And I love BvS, I think its great. Stop being so small minded and making up boogeymen just so "your secret Sup Forums club" can seem like a hivemind that agrees with you.

This

>"I'm not from TV!!!"
>makes the same wall of text as Sup Forumsstans

The biggest problem with the movie is that the plot depends on Batman and Superman acting like the biggest fucking morons. This plot would be totally solved if they talked to each other instead of immediately threatening each other. Not to mention the ridiculously contrived Martha scene. Not to mention that all their grievances with each other still exist even after that moment but ignore them. Not to mention Superman is still an angst ridden dickhead who refuses to even tell people why he wants to be Superman.

I want to like this movie because there are compelling ideas, but there's too many things to dislike about it.

> the plot depends on Batman and Superman acting like the biggest fucking morons

Not really, they both act exactly like they should/would with the information they have and the circumstances they find themselves in.

>This plot would be totally solved if they talked to each other

But they had no reason to ever do that. In fact one of comics oldest tropes is heroes fighting each other upon first contact and NOT talking it out until after.

>Not to mention that all their grievances with each other still exist even after that moment but ignore them.

They really don't seeing as how their real problems with each other is that they each just dont trust the other to not over step their bounds-- and ever instance of them "over stepping their bounds" or being the cause of trouble was orchestrated by Luthor ultimately.

>people complain that the movie sets up the fight just cuz
>comics do the same forever.

I dont even think its just cuz, it seems like a pretty reasonable follow up/response to MoS-- both Batman's anger and Lex's manipulation of it.

comic readers complain that their character would never do that. They would talk it out like adults.

People forget shit like spiderman crashing the Human torch's party because he wanted to REEE

oh yeah for sure, I agree most people are dumb when it comes it their hate for this movie

Not true at all. Batman resents Superman for all the destructions he's caused and for what's he's capable of. Superman dislikes Batman flat out for being a vigilante that hurts people.

Not really.

Batman thinks Superman will ultimately cause more trouble than good in the long run. The catalyst for this though is the battle of metropolis of course, which one could blame Superman for in a twisted sense (though it was Zod's actions that caused the destruction and Zod's motives). And Batman does end up buying into this twisted blame because him projecting his own failures onto Superman. Batman's crusade against crime created villains caused the death of a robin--if a mere mortal like Batman could cause such unintended consequences, imagine the unintended consequences Superman could cause!

This is the basic idea of why Batman hates Superman, coupled with Batman only seeing Superman as an alien god-figure--he doesnt think Superman has any human connections or a human side at all, he doesnt think Superman lives among the people. And if Batman can't even trust himself to be a hero, imagine how little he can trust Superman, the detatched alien, to be one too!

Superman distrusts Batman for kind of the same core reason but coming from the other side of it. He views Batman as being judge, jury, and executioner and thinks that if he himself, Superman, could cause such unintended consequences like the battle of metropolis while being a hero, and with all his power still have to kill someone like Zod, imagine the unintended consequences Batman could cause--especially if he is delivering his own punishments (in the form of the bat-brands that led to the criminals being executed).

But really, the "evidence" they each gather to support their grudges against each other (the bombing of the senate, the bat-brand executions in prison, Wally "rejecting" the checks, Batman becoming more desperate, the Africa incident, etc.) were all orchestrated by Luthor.
Once they realize that they are both just normal dudes trying to do the best possible good with what they got, they also realize they have to help each other.