en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Mabuse
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ONE

MORE

YEAR

Happy birthday OP!

congrats on being old

thank you user!

it's better than last year's birthday because this year my dog isn't dying, at least

unusually casual look Mr. X

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STORYTELLER

Damn, missed my amazon alert for that this year

"Max Skulle" is an incredible name, not gonna lie.

Happy birthday

Hello, Storyteller.

So, hows about that Justice League preview? Now I'm sure you're all expecting a huge fanboy tirade from ol Cranky, surely I must be livid about the idea of Diana abandoning her child because he's a dude, right?

Please. Hitch must think he's so clever, that nobody can see through this obvious fakeout. Go home, Bryan, you ain't slick.

Architect names should always be metal

I am so old ;___;

happy birthday good person OP

I thought it was funny

Yeah not even worth getting upset about besides generally the fact that the book is shit

I was more taken aback that Barry had three kids with Jessica, and yet his first reaction is "What I will tell Iris?"....come on, either way he'd be a bit more tactful than that.

That One Lois Fan On Twitter is in full meltdown mode over it, lol

Happy birthday OP! I offer this pic of Skeletor as a present.

I am so glad Hitch is off JL by #32

(that's the famous Roman wolf on the wall there)

That's just class

Happy birthday, Storyteller.

See, I was gonna be an asshole and spew some depressing crap about how you're one year closer to death, but then you brought up your dead dog. Kinda got me beat there.

Happy birthday!

Good Dick Grayson shipwar threads this week.

>JL writer not getting Diana
Who could have foreseen this

All Skeletors are fun

Mirror-punching Skeletor is the best of all

He literally just had an arc with possible future kids in his own book too. It's fucking stupid.

Happy birthday!

Limelight or somebody else?

>Good Dick Grayson shipwar threads this week.
I remember when Sup Forums shipped Dick with brooding older men

At this point a villain could pull a Bogus Journey on Barry and pretend to be his kid and he'd buy it

That's a whole other type of thread.

Dickstroke and Dickbat shippers never cross streams with Dickbabs and Dickfire, or else you get a REAL flamewar started.

yessss

You called it, along with the Roy Thomas Canon Is Perfect fan

>Dickstroke

I miss the little furry bastard so much

Happy birthday and thanks for storytiming all of this cool shit!! For any anons that live in or nearby Charlottesville, please stay safe.

Babs and Kory are shit desu.

hoot hoot

Dickstroke confirmed best Dickship.

The only thing worse than Dick is his fans

Dick fan here, can confirm.

heeeey, this is just like...just like issue #1, way back when

The Grayson fiasco taught me this.

oh the months after the first cover was revealed.

The only thing that got more flak than the gun was his HAIR

Poor Tim Seeley, he really learned about fandom the hard way

Happy birthday, senpai.

I'd have a birthday bottle of wine except I have to work tomorrow

and the last time I went to work hungover I wanted to die, horribly, by the end of the day

>tfw you say senpai and you mean senpai and not senpai

Yeah, is this a reboot? Cause Zamora's alive, Patrice's face isn't melted, and suddenly we're back in the first issue.

Did you at least have some nice eats?

LOL

also, thank you so much user, ONE MORE YEAR is gorgeous in physical and I love his coloring so much, it might be my favorite aspect of his art

this is true

remember that teaser where people thought he was blonde?

the döner place rebranded kind of but it's still pretty tasty

I also braved TAX-FREE WEEKEND and got new running shoes because these have holes in them

Jesus, so much shit flinging.
Those teasers were always nice.

They should do them again

at least he doesn't have much to worry about taking over Green Lanterns, GL fans have been beaten down enough the past few years that they aren't as rabid anymore

I think it is kind of a do-over, although I suspect ever thinking of Mr. X canon in the way we do most canons is madness

The whole sexualization thing got more flak than the cover and the hair combined

My fave was still somebody who wrote a whole rant about it and yet had a tag that was filled with sexy fanart and panels of Dick from before Grayson lol

Unlike Robins, wherein there's always an ongoing slapfight

This is def my favorite Hanselmann art thing:

ovwoonder.wordpress.com/tag/simon-hanselmann/

Just wanted to say that Howard Porter is no longer being wasted on The Flash only.

He's back doing back-ups for Scooby-Apocalypse about Secret Squirrel in an important subplot.

Oh shit I remember that.
Fucking madness.

So Mister Miracle is currently #1 on comixology.

Hoping the rest of it is good and people like it even though New Gods fans will never be happy unless Kirby were to come back from the grave.

For fuck's sake do we always have to talk about Dick?

It's selling. Tom King proves he's extremely bankable.

That's not true...New Gods Special #1 was fun

It would be nice to get a DClock teaser, since that's supposed to have a time jump

oh yeah, people were looking for any reason to shit on Grayson

having a character hit on Dick is promoting sexual assault!

The top--he does wonderful landscapes, but also geometric tiling, so well

I still haven't read MM but I'm off Monday so I'm gonna see if my LCS has one

It beating Seekrit Empire is a hell of a thing because I know, WRITER OF BATMAN and a weak Marvel event, but still, it's niche

I remember the teaser for the Dark Line...and then the Dark Line imploded

Okay, still my favorite "Faaaaaandom!" of all time:

fanlore.org/wiki/The_Ray_Wars

The appeal of a do-over is indeed fairly obvious. The series did go a bit off the rails.

I still feel like it was a big pile of nothing. Again, I'm not very familiar with 4th World stuff, so I've no choice but to take the book on its own merits, and it just wasn't very compelling.

I'd be happy if they'd just treat them like they're supposed to. Mr. Miracle was a step in the right direction in treating them like myth but... it had other problems. Fuck Darkseid War though.

So are these the last issues of volume 3 ? Also happy birthday

Volume 3 just ended abruptly, then much later Motter put this out through DH--this actually comes before the minis we already read, and this is a 120 page story

Honestly, it's a much easier read if you're not familiar with that stuff.

I think what it is trying to say about Mister Miracle has merit, but it has a certain bluntness to it. But that can develop as it is a 12 issue series.

The Orion one-shot was probably one of the best at treating them like myths in execution. A tale that can fit in anywhere or not and just uses the lore to showcase a feat/character aspect.

I'll eternally blame JLD for magic in DC being kill.

>people were looking for any reason to shit on Grayson
My favorite is when somebody didn't even read an issue and thought one of the throwaway characters was Dick and threw a fit about Seeley and King making Dick a misogynist. Like this is stuff I thought would be a parody, but no, that perosn was serious.

To be fair it's a 12 issue maxi so I imagine stuff won't get real until the last page of the next issue or the third.

MISTER X IN SLUMBERLAND

now there's something worth reading

Ugh, JLD

Hawkgirl is back and still delicious brown

The """cool""" thing is that DC still wants to force JLD.

We're they supposed to start coming out November and December?

I guess we'll see with the next solicits.
The Terrifics got a good amount of fan support so DC will be stupid if they wait any loner.

that's a good look for her

kill me now

I stayed up until 4am last night watching the WSFS Business Meeting, and yet reading that makes me feel better about my life choices.

Didn't feel a lot like myth to me but it was a decent one shot. I know Final Crisis is controversial but I like that a lot and a big part of it is the dialogue for the New Gods, it just felt so Kirby.

Plenty happened in the first issue but most of it was stated while the issue was concentrated on atmosphere.

I know a couple of Finns in fandom including someone on some panels, and they are all SO MAD about the LARP thing, and I pretty much feel their mad.

I didn't mean that it felt mythic, but rather it fills the role of a myth in essence. It's a short tale about these Gods and can be read all on its own to describe them.

I can just feel someone telling a tale of Orion as simple as that one-shot was.

Final Crisis was a good Crisis, but goddamn New Genesis gets shafted every time.

This is amazing.

I read the preview for JLA with Constantine, Zatanna and Deadman... yeah, not looking too good.

I tried to start catching up on comics yesterday but at some point I was like "wait, why am I catching up on comics that are just OK when I am literally physically surrounded by great comics from the past and DC keeps reprinting more?"

Oh right, Worldcon happened. Anything special?

There's so much good stuff we have yet to read

Oh definitely. Orion basically shows up just to die and yet that's the best Orion of the 21st century. Sad but... true. Him dying really felt like a big deal which says a lot considering what a joke he was prior and his dialogue was Kirby as fuck. I liked the idea of the New Gods on Earth from the Mr. Miracle mini a lot, wish that had been expanded on.

>Fuck Darkseid War though.
Darkseid War is like You Tried: The Comic. I mean, it gave us that Lex one shot, and Grail, so it had that going for it. Otherwise, it was just kinda there.

Yeah, I think Morrison's best idea with the New Genesis side was their homeless Earth avatars. I would have loved to see them take part and be heroic...and fuck it.

But in terms of New Gods rep in the past few years, for them, gonna have to give it to the One-Shot.

There was much drama over a "Home for the Old" LARP involving dementia that eventually got cancelled.

A Young Adult Book award got added for next year. None of the voting procedures got changed from this year except for a couple minor eligibility tweaks.

What the New Gods really need is a coffeeshop AU.

JLD is just a bad idea and it will never work. Also the name is garbage. DC keeps trying to force it but DC seems to not want to understand that they will never make these characters as hot as Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman etc and Justice League Dark is just a really stupid fucking name. They're alienating the fans of these characters to appeal to some hype men that will read anything hyped up because it's "important" but you're losing a small group of people to replace them with a different small group of people.

>and DC keeps reprinting more
Thanks for reminding me that DC's trade department is pure unfiltered cancer. They have a sick fetish of shitting on people and they keep getting away with it.

Man, the coloring here is reminding me of when people try to recolor old comics. The solid colors were part of the appeal, guys, stop this gradient horsehockey.

>Thanks for reminding me that DC's trade department is pure unfiltered cancer. They have a sick fetish of shitting on people and they keep getting away with it.
Explain. You mean cancelling things that don't get preordered enough?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Mabuse

>Grail
aka DC Thane. There are so many New Gods that don't get enough attention, Orion himself or even Kalibak but let's create a new New Gods because fuck Kirby and his lame charterers only Darkseid is good anyway. Oh and let's make her his daughter because feminism Girls RULE!

>They have a sick fetish of shitting on people and they keep getting away with it.
Then preorder multiple copies of what you like so they'll think more people are wanting it.

Good shit, now delivered by airship. Thanks storyteller

>There was much drama over a "Home for the Old" LARP involving dementia that eventually got cancelled.
Do you have a link? I can find the statement but not what the LARP actually features. I am personally totally not interested in the kinda hardcore jeepform Nordic roleplaying stuff but I've worked on dementia awareness myself IRL and I can see how scenario-based training could play into a LARP type thing.

Also, that YA award seems like it's gonna split some entries maybe.