The Osborn Identity

This is Spider Bro here with an important announcement, I won't be able to storytime Bendis Daredevil because the TPB I have are corrupted and while I have a sizeable amount of his singular issues, they are not complete.

So instead, I'm going to post some more Spider-Man and go with Slott's most recent outting, The Osborn Identitty. I know people have a hatred for Slott but I'm willing to give this series a shot (because I didn't read it the first go around). I invite all to this thread but if you would rather not read it I totally get it. Bendis Daredevil will start tomorrow.

I'm kinda excited for this series because of how focused Peter is in this arc. This comes right after Clone Conspiracy and in Peter's words, "He needs a win". And the fact that the's going up against Osborn gives him enough of an excuse to take the kiddy gloves off.

Alex Ross is really wasted on this series, it's disheartening to see

As much as I really would have liked to see Ross on this series, I think it's for the best that he didn't have his name attached too it in case it bombed.

I don't know how I feel about comically large Kingpin. I do enjoy that Immonen has drastically altered his art style to suit both the 616 mainline series as well as the 1610 series. The both feel extraordinarily different from one another

Spidey is probably the closest he's been into rip and tear mode while still keeping his wits about him.

What do you think of dan slott's spider-man as a whole i was fine with it until after superior then everything shit the bed.

Why would Osborn change his face to that? I know he's a fan of keeping people guessing but his vanity wouldn't allow for something like that.

I mean these are obviously alex ross covers theres no mistaking it even at a glance
And i think alot of cape readers are inclined to pick up something just because they see Ross.
And it's Spider-Man???
Spidey should be one of the BEST marvel books since it's damn near the flagship title, as opposed to being the cesspool of mediocrity and trash its been since JMS left ten years ago

I am absolutely torn on Slott's Spider-Man. It's obvious that his first issues on Big Time were actually really good and Superior seems like his second wind. While his run on Amazing Vol. 2 + Vol. 3 haven't been groundbreaking in the slightest, I appreciate them for the simple fact that Slott built to them and didn't just shove those stories in our faces. As much as I hate that fat bastard, Slott has spend a suitable amount of time laying hints for his works in prior titles before eventually going for it. His stories are literally "epic" in the sense that they only could have been pulled off with Slott at the helm. His stories are absolutely batshit insane but still stand on a stable foundation of continuity. It's baffling that Slott's stories, while braindead in some cases, could only be done now after he's put in the work. I might be doing a terrible job explaining but that's my opinion. I'd go on for longer but don't wanna waste any more time.

>Has now has
Off to a great start.

Conway's run on Renew Your VOws has been an absolute delight (my take but if you don't like I get it). Although it's only been one issue, the new Peter-Parker Spectacular Spider-Man series is awesome.

Shut up discount Fury. Peter's not in the mood.

I wish we got to see more of the face collection. I'm willing to bet that the bottom left one from the original mask is Ultimate Norm.

I feel the same but i think after spiderverse it became clear slott is running out of steam and trying his dam best to delay having to leave this book in fact i'm pretty sure that slott will be leaving after issue 800 when he gets done with the fall of parker story arc. I mean it does sound like a it would be his final story arc and a culmination of everything he has done and built up to from his first issue to now so i dare say i actually kinda excited.

Peter, just tell Betty's what's up. This is horrifically depressing.

I have no idea why but I am in love with Bobby.
>I blame my ex. Blondes are a weakness.

She's only getting more attractive. ALso AUnt May, go fuck yourself. You're cockblocking your nephew. Peter's nerdy charm is one of his best qualities.

HARRY FUCKOFF AS WELL!! What is this, a ruin Peter's day parade?

I'm definitely stoked to have some fresh blood on Amazing Spider-Man but I'd be a liar if I said I wouldn't miss him to some degree.

Also, symbiote armor? I'm not a fan. Peter's best when he keeps a spare costume under his clothes.
>Also I really enjoy Spider-Verse and Conspiracy compared to the later arcs we had on Amazing VOl. 1 (Lizard, Alpha, and HObgoblin come to mind).

If Slott was in front of my right meow, I'd kick him in his nonexistent dick for this "joke". It is absolutely embarrassing.

When did Spidey have the time to learn Mandarin? I don't remember reading any panels where Peter has a book of Mandarin in front of him and is actively practicing. Wouldn't it have been more logical to say his suit was translating for him?

>one of my enemies kind of killed, ruined my relationships, dicked a midget with my body, killed a villain after he gave up, turned one of my closest allies into a supervillain, and is currently running in a clone body of mine
>bright side is that i have this comapany
>and nobody will ever take that away from me!

Osborn's new face is dapper.

They never actually showed her death. No one should have been surprised.

I think Peter realizes if he really went for it he'd always win those "My life is worse than your life" conversations.

I look at it this way while i will kinda of miss him a little i feel like he left a hell of a mark on this franchise with stories like big time and superior which will to me keep his time on the book alive for a long time if not forever.

I'll agree with that. Superior alone is gonna be remembered for decades to come at the very minimum.

it's really a shame

Is it sad that I'm considering reading through all of Slott's issues from Big Time to now simply as an exercise of how a writer with continuity knows how to set up stories? The fact that he's gone for this long and managed to maintain consistency is astonishing to me.

I'd still arrest him.

It better i mean it's essentially spider-man's death of superman and knightfall moment. also what do you think of the story arc so far?

I adore this little Spider-Sausage

he learned it when he got yellow fever from silk and then when he tried to dick that chinese driver girl

YOU DITCHED HIM!?!?!?!?!? FUCK YOU PETER!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE NO SOUL!!!!!

So far I'm enjoying it but a much larger fan of the Goblin and am unsure as to whether Slott can stick the landing on this series.

Why would he ditch it?

This author has a great sense of paneling and her script would make me excited to see an early Spider-Man by the same author.

I agree but dam those frickles bother me.

This page makes me smile.

that looks nothing like peter

He's afraid the Sausage would upstage him in every way. He's right to be scared.

He still looks like an angry pissedoff Peter with a bad haircut. Ock always looked like a Walrus.

I hate to admit it but I love this new costume.

Just finished downloading the first volume of Bendis' Daredevil Epic. I feel like I'm deifnitely in th minority when I say this but I absolutely hate the David Mack issues that came before Maleev. I know some may find his art "stylized" but I found it a chore to get through. I'd rather read Bendis Guardians of the Galaxy than read through that.

I hate to be that guy, but I am so tired of Ock and the Osborns I hope they never come back

I always liked doc ock and always hated that he fell to third place in terms of spider-man villians because of norman and venom i mean don't get me wrong i love stormin norman who's earned the right to being called spidey number 1 villain and i like spider-man whole pychotic ex thing he has going on with venom but slott moving doc ock back to at least 2nd place in terms of spidey villains always makes me happy.

I completely understand your feelings and don't quite disagree completely. I do Hope Norman comes back. He's my favorite Spidey villain and his relationship with Peter is one of the best things I've read in comics. Shame the last Peter/Norm story was written by Millar years back. Notthing against the story, just upset it's been years.

it's a pretty sexy costume I can't really recall oct ever having a logo before

Good news, the next arc in ASM is about Norman!

Due to the most recent comics that came out in the past 5-10, I don't think any of the current audience really thinkgs of Venom as a top tier Spidey Villain. The last good representations of Brock Venom came out years ago was Spectacular Spider-Man. Comics have defintiely done a good job of making him scary but none of them recent. I would say Dark Origin was the last personal Peter/Eddie story but that came out almost ten years ago (doesn't mean I don't enjoy the story it's just been a while).

It seems like the current venom book is building up to a personal battle between venom and spidey with the symbiote feeling betrayed by spider-man and it about time because you're right it has been while.

I always liked to whole love/hate relationship between norman and harry.

How did Sable know which person to shoot at consider Norman changed his face?

I still feel like that story has been done before and recently. I want to see a Spidey villain that actually knows his identity. Otherwise it's just another villain story.

Stupid question incoming, how is Reginald Hudlin's first arc on Black Panther? Is it going to be an influence in the upcoming movie?

Don't get me wrong, I loved Dark Reign and shit but sometimes I feel like Norman should have stayed dead. Spidey has way more deaths/resurrections/etc than most characters deal with it seems.

The other thing I hate is when a hero's entire fucking rogues gallery knows his secret identity or they all have some weirdly intimate relationship with him. Norman being his friend's dad, Otto trying to marry Aunt May, Betty marrying Hobgoblin, etc. It worked back in the day when they did it sparingly but it gets worn out and feels way too soap operaish at times. I feel like they should take a step back and give Spidey maybe something a little closer to what Flash has with the rogues. I don't see him and the Sinister Six having a begrudging respect for eachother, but something that isn't so intimate I guess.