Can we just admit that this show has always sucked? It was trying too hard to be an anime. Batman: The Animated Series...

Can we just admit that this show has always sucked? It was trying too hard to be an anime. Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Superman, and Justice League were way fucking better. This show is overrated garbage

I agree OP. Despite what the chartposting fag will tell you, this show was mediocre at best. The ""waifus"" are overrated too.

_________________________No.________________

It was never a world-beater, but it was usually solid. There's a few episodes I go back to from time to time. A solid 7/10, and of course the current cartoon only makes it look better.

Teen Titans was always a horrible series. Not just the tv shows.

There were down sides to the show,like it being faux paux anime, but I still liked it. Your ideal "fact" feels like you over heard some kid you like say that it sucked so you do too.

Give me multiple reasons why so you can back yourself up

>Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Superman, and Justice League
That shit is trash even compared to The Batman, let alone this brilliant series.

>The ""waifus"" are overrated too.
Overrated!? More like underrated, if anything.

Meh. I always really liked the Cyborg episodes.

Props for not mentioning Young Justice, which was AS bad.

It's the third-best cartoon OF ALL TIME. Fuck you

Other than the fake anime cliches, it had some of the worst voice acting of the era. Either the VA's couldn't properly emote (e.g., starfire) or their voices were grating as fuck (e.g., beast boy).

The only reason this show gained traction is because casuals tricked themselves into thinking Slade was Batman in disguise and were waiting for the "big reveal"

YOU PIECE OF SHIT

NOBODY INSULTS STARFIRE'S VOICE

Young Justice was better.

out of curiosity which are the second and first

Looks like we have a battle for the ages here...

I'm torn on Young Justice.
The action and the designs were great, but I just hated the writing.

The show's mediocre but people liked it because it introduced the Teen Titan characters to the general public while keeping some of the dignity.

I'm getting tired of the TTG shit though. Just stop talking about it

2nd: ATLA
1st: GF

Why does this show always get threads when Static Shock can't even get a single fucking thread?

>1st:GF
Hi Alex!

Static Shock is too painful to bring up

RIP in piece

that's because too much soap opera drama and jokes by people who are trying to appeal to a demographic and not just try on their own will never succeed

>the designs were great
I hated the designs. And I mean hated.

Why do people like Avatar that much? It was good but it's not the best.

Nice meme broski, tell me what else you dislike and your opinions.

Maan, ya'll seriously need to chill and find a hobby, so goddamn bored with yourselves you needa start discussions hating on shit just so you can talk with other dudes.

>Completely fuck up everyone's personality, especially Dick who should be extremely likeable
>Garbage animation
>Shit artstyle
>Shit jokes
>Shit theme song

I remember back when I was maybe a junior in the HS debate club there was an extremely flamboyant freshman who positively gushed about teen titans and that kind of colored my perception of the show and its target audience. He would sing the theme song and make exaggerated 'cutesy' gestures like he was imitating anime expressions.

I watched the whole series by virtue of having my TV always on to CN as background noise (I've seen essentially every episode of every CN show that aired through the 2000s except the live-action stuff for this reason), but I much preferred the Justice League cartoon as far as comic adaptations went.

I literally did not consider that it was even possible to have such shit taste. But then I realized you were just trolling.

>I remember back when I was maybe a junior in the HS debate club
Fucking nerd.

Maybe it's because I never watched TT when I was a lil wee lad, but I don't get the hype behind all this.

I feel like this was just a cheap attempt at trying to cash in on the anime boom of 2000's. The designs are just ugly, at least Wyatt redeemed himself with Omniverse. The designs remind me of one of those shitty "learn to draw manga" books. And I really can't stand whenever it tries to be like anime.

Another thing I dislike is how they fucked up the source material. They might as well as made a whole new show without any connection to DC at all.

Young Justice is what Teen Titans should have tried to be, connected to the DCAU.

This

>The designs remind me of one of those shitty "learn to draw manga" books.
Stop using this phrase already you fucking faggot.

Except YJ is virtually unwatchable, while TT is extremely enjoyable.

But you know I'm right nigga

Finally, someone else who agrees with me.

Teen Titans Go does not trigger me, simply because, well, Teen Titans wasn't that great, either. Even when I was 11-12 years old as it came out and I hadn't developed a mature sense of criticism or taste, I knew that TT was just a pretty okay cartoon for the most part, that was dragged down by its cringeworthy anime quirks with the emoticon expressions, chibi segments, even the Japanese theme song from that Pop Star Duo that Cartoon Network tried to push so hard. All this, despite me turning into a weeb during middle and high school.

Besides, The main reason I sat through it was because I missed out of BTAS, STAS and Justice League when I was a kid, since I didn't have cable television, growing up poor, and all, sometimes we didn't even have WB or Fox. So, hey, this was the next best thing.

You're not right about any of those shitty opinions, but especially that one.

Have you watched the whole series? Genuinely curious.

Yes, I did. I remember all the arcs and everything, even the finales with the Honorary Titan team-up and Beast Boy finding an amnesiac-not amnesiac Terra leading a new life.

Never really struck an emotional chord like it apparently did for everyone else.

I think it's just a show that got just about everything right and the only real complaints people have are the same 2 or 3 nitpicks about the last season. It's not my favourite show of all time but I can easily see why it has such a wide appeal.

What shows are there that are similar in scope that do a better job? Not many I can think of.

When there's a thread up about at least one of them at all times on this board, they can never be considered underrated.

You been under a rock mate? There haven't been regular threads for quite a while now.

>you can have wrong opinions

Woah...

No.

And on an additional: TT Gizmo is a cute

Jesus, Embarrassing.

we had Madoc who can draw better, there was Daikkun who did on model fanart and he is Mexican alongside Salvakamoto

Kids just liked Slade messing with them, he was Dr. Claw w/o madcat.

The personalities work or are better than the original (like Cyborg and Raven), and only newfags really think that Dick was a joke sterling on his time on Titans. During most of his history, and even more on teams, he was angry Batman Jr. Jokester Nightwing is a recent thing.

I'll admit hyperbole, but seriously, how many circlejerk Raven/Starfire/Jinx threads do you virgins need?

Ya know i wised TT was conected to the DCAU that would mean that TT was a prequel series than a continuation taking place in between BTAS

I can't agree. Now that it's coming on again in the morning, I'm rewatching it again for the first time in years and I'm actually surprised at how well it's held up. I'm enjoying it a lot.

>trying too hard to be an anime
So you don't like the design, any other complaints?
>can we just admit
What's the point in using this rhetoric on Sup Forums?

I liked the show as a kid. It had goofy shit mixed in with serious stuff. I was too young for BTAS and Superman, so Teen Titans and Justice League were my childhood cape shows. I tried watching BTAS from the beginning and was bored out of my mind. It's just too damn old. I watch a few occasionally if I hear a certain episode is good.

Static Shock was WB, TT was CN. So I guess more people remember cable shows more fondly?

>What's the point in using this rhetoric on Sup Forums?
To get (You)s

Way to fall for it, chump.

5/10

It is all around garbage. Theme song, dialogs, voice acting, script. Pure liquid turd. Literally anyone who praised it was sat in font of the tv in their poppy diapers while cackling to the pretty pictures

>Can we just admit that this show has always sucked? It was trying too hard to be an anime. Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Superman, and Justice League were way fucking better. This show is overrated garbage

Yep. Pretty much everything you said I agree with. But only in hindsight. Teenager me loved TT exactly for its anime-esqueness but back then I still hadn't realized that most anime are fetish pandering garbage because it's the only way they can stay afloat. Save for a few exceptions that are god-tier.

Who said it was trying to be anime, dipshit?

...Oh, wait. This is bait, isn't it?

Not anime at all!

>TT hate thread.
I can see I'm at a disadvantage, so I'll just leave.