ITT: we pretend like it's August 12th, 1997

Anybody hyped for the new show based on The Spirit of Christmas shorts, South Park. It's premiering tomorrow at 3:40am ET on Comedy Central and it's being headed by the creator of the shorts (Parker and Stone).

Tomorrow's episode:
Cartman Gets an Anal Probe: Aliens land in South Park and kidnap Kyle's little brother.

Previews:
youtu.be/WBbVeygyJhQ
youtu.be/HKQEuKMFs7U
youtu.be/gud9WfqdtXk
youtu.be/c5llg1JQJL0

Spirit of Christmas shorts:
youtu.be/ELxeSadruMI
youtu.be/qyyeRnDCG3I

This has failure written all over it. It won't last a season.

where are the waifus and cute lolis?
shit looks retarded

Look at these Simpson wannabes

There are too many underage anons on here for this thread to work.

Make way, REAL comedy coming through with a brand new strip. Shit Park fans get out

Is this like Cartoon Sushi?

>Jew jokes

Oh boy, I'm sure this will get old, real fast

you fucked up, dumbass

I give it 3 seasons at best

Fuck this, I'm changing it back to Sci Fi. Oooo, MST3K is on!

calling it now, it gets cancelled middle of the first episode
let's talk about real cartoons, is anyone here hype for dexter's laboratory? or powerpuff girls?

>trying to make South Park look bad by posting non-sequester laden, randumb comic strips from a sellout franchise that grew stale years ago.

How desperate you really are.

To be honest, I'm a bit more optimistic. It'll at least push the boundaries of what television can be by being the first show not on a premium cable channel (HBO, Showtime) to have the TV-MA rating.

Anyone excited for Sonic Mania?

August 1997. That means I'm 11 years old, munching on ghetto Starburst and may or may not be playing Final Fantasy Tactics.

I first realized South Park existed when I was in some waiting room and saw something about it in Cracked Magazine. I didn't start watching it until the Pink Eye episode, as I recall. So not even on my radar yet. I really like that Weekend Update spoof that Comedy Central has though. The one with Craig Kilborn. My favorite segment is the top 10 countdown!

sonic adventure isn't coming out for another two years, thanks for that reminder by the way, faggot, how's the Super Mario 128 wait going?

>2D
>Sprites

You're still playing that ancient trash? Get with the times man! 3D graphics are where it's at and I for one can't wait to get Crash Bandicoot 2.

man I can't wait to be born!

life is going to feel great I bet!

What is this Sonic Mania you're talking about. There are only two upcoming Sonic games coming out from what I researched, Sonic Jam (Genesis complication) and Sonic R (racing game), and considering the state of Sega right now, there will probably be no other major Sonic games that will come out afterwards.

To be fair I'm pretty sure this strip is just a rethread of an old strip. I remember reading that exact joke and I basically haven't read any Garfield since the late 90s.

Am I the only one who thinks this is better than Hercules?

I bet at least one of these characters is going to be a piece of shit.

Now this show is going places: the animation, the sexy ladies, the cyberpunk feel. There's no way it can fail.

>Ralph Bakshi

>beinging the Simpsons up
Dude, chillax. That's show is too kino to even make fun of. It's an art form that'll last forever and inspire generations of humour and satire. I just hope they end on a high note.

It feels like The Simpsons is getting pretty close to ending. Its a good thing that they're probably going to finish while still on a decent note

It should end with a movie.
I think user was just saying that Ralph Bakshi is a hack.

90% of people here weren't even born at that time

Ehh, I'll give it two episodes until a bunch of moms start making a fit about it and get it cancelled.

'Cardboard cut outs'? seems pretty shitty. Im just going to stick to BtaS.

I loved the watermelon ones

I wish my internet was faster, so I could read this thread without waiting an hour

I dunno, the new adventures looks like it might be pretty shitty.

You know what I'd love to see? A spinoff in the future - think about it, it could be like....like spider-man 2097 meets batman!

I hate the artstyle already

What the fuck is a youtu.be?

Just wait until it gets popular in 20 years.

Just playing SimCity 2000.

You sounds like those retards in the Ren & Stimpy threads.
Next you'll be telling me Daria from Beavis and Butthead's getting a spin-off.

Wait we're supposed to pretend it's 97 but you're posting YouTube links?

I haven't shot my cat yet

Screw this wanna-be
You should be exited for the Simpsons' 9th season!

LISTEN EVERYBODY I HAVE IMPORTANT NEWS

ON SEPTEMBER 12TH 2001 THERE WILL BE MULTIPLE TERRORIST ATTACKS AGAINST THE US, PLANES WILL TARGET THE PENTAGON AND THE TWIN TOWERS

YOU MUST WARN AS MANY AS YOU CAN AND STOP THE TERRORIST ATTACKS BEFORE THEY CAN HAPPEN. NOT TO SAVE LIVES, AS THE LIVES OF AMERICAN SCUM ARE BASICALLY INCONSEQUENTIAL

NO, RATHER, BECAUSE THE US WILL PROCEED TO NEVER FUCKING LET GO OF THAT STUPID FUCKING TERRORIST ATTACK AND USE IT FOREVER TO JUSTIFY LITERALLY EVERYTHING THEY DO TO THE POINT OF IT BEING REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING FOR EVERYONE DESPITE THE FACT THAT TERRORIST ATTACKS WILL CONSTANTLY BE CARRIED OUT AGAINST VARIOUS COUNTRIES OVER THE FOLLOWING DECADES

PLEASE TO STOP THE AMERICANS FUCKING ANNOYING EVERYONE TO DEATH YOU MUST PREVENT 9/12!

OP is a fag.

Yeah,yeah and that business man with the bad tanning and the tragic haircut whose name is slipping my tongue right now will become then ext POTUS.Take a hike,AOLer

Looks like shit. I give it 6 episodes before cancellation. You know what we do need? John K to make an adult Ren and Stimpy. Now that's a recipe for success.

I was born on August 30, 1997