Which one of these characters is a shittier person? Beth or Peggy?

Which one of these characters is a shittier person? Beth or Peggy?

Beth. At least Hank and Bobby will handle Peggy's shittiness thanks to status quo, and Peggy, despite her faults, tries to do right by the family. Beth knows she does bad shit and doesn't care.

Beth of course. Sure Peggy is headstrong is often idiotic, but at her core she's a good person who genuinely loves her family. Beth is just tunnel-visioned on maintaining Rick's acceptance and her family got destroyed because of it.

Jerry, because he's a failure

Peggy is more of a person
Peggy is by far the worst person ever

I think Peggy is a far better written character.

Peggy tackled her son because he disrespected Hank.

Beth won't do shit but drink or laugh

Beth. She shot Mr. Poopy Butthole because he was always a perfect friend.

Has Peggy ever shot someone?

Tell us about the relationship with your mother.

Peggy. Beth has a doctorate AND knows how to have fun.

Beth. Shitty dad = shitty daughter.
Sure, Peggy is insane but at least she wasn't raised by a drunk fuck.

Peggy is too dumb to understand that her way of being genuinely nice to someone is usually destructive. So I would say she's immensely flawed, but not shitty as a person.

Beth is a victim. A victim of Rick's toxic masculinity, overbearing patriarchal authority and emotional vampirism.

Do you think this isn't intentional character design going on here?

She did kill someone

Peggy by a country mile.

Beth is probably the shittier person, but I'd rather cut my hand off than hang out with Peggy longer than a hour.

/thread

Peggy actually has Mother Issues, but get this? Peggy outright abandoned her mother for being a cunt and gave up on ever communicating with a cunt. Beth? Would probably suck her own father's dick.

This

Beth. She's pretty spiteful and shitty to her ex-husband and kids ontop of being full of herself. Also she pretty much hands her kids over to a dangerous drunk because she desperately wants his approval and to be an aloof hyperintelligent drunk herself.

Peggy is kind of a bitch but the few times she's actually awful to her husband and kid she almost always immediately feels bad. She's worse that she's unfoundedly full of herself.

At least Beth provides for the family and will leave well enough alone, Peggy is just a fucking busybody.

How come Sup Forums only ever complains about which female character is irredeemably unlikable? Why do I never see these threads about male characters even when some display far more reprehensible traits?

Probably because male characters even when they get away with terrible actions? They're not worshiped. But female characters constantly get away with misdeeds and immoral shit and Western Culture deems that a positive female role model or an example of a strong female which is of course bullshit.

As a result female characters come off as more obnoxious. No accountability. Doesn't help that simps don't want to punish fictional pussy.

Why are there so many irredeemably unlikable female characters?

peggy is horrible. Just horrible and idiotic. And her personality is totally unattractive to the point where I would stay far away from her.

And I say that as a guy who has a massive fetish for womens' big feet.

Who worships Peggy and Beth? I never see anyone saying any even remotely decent things about them. Who is calling them positive female role models or strong females? You only have hatred and spite for them. Which is odd because you don't display comparable levels of hatred and spite for comparable male characters.

>Why are there so many irredeemably unlikable female characters?
Funny how Rick and Morty contains two irredeemably unlikable male characters (Rick, and Morty), and yet there's never a thread asking which of them is worse?

With that said, Beth is the better character.

Because they were written by men.

Very few male characters are as unlikeable as these two.

I like Morty.

This. Beth is a far less redeemable person than Peggy, but if I had to pick whether I want the crazy but seemingly in shape alcoholic blonde horse surgeon with abandonment issues and a bitchy mean streak or the clingy whining rat-faced nobody who is only self-aware enough to manipulate the people around her and then break down after being confronted with her own omnipresent sub-mediocrity? not even a choice.

We get it, you don't like the 'new' female writers of Rick and Morty and want to share your disdain towards them.

Morty is a fucking saint for what he puts up with and whenever he flips out it's usually both justified and immensely cathartic, so I have no idea where you're coming from with calling him irredeemable.

Peggy's an idiot and has an ego, but she was well-meaning, most of the time.

Beth is just kind of a terrible person, but that's Rick's fault.

Jerry because he isn't funny and is generally a buzzkill and boring. Maybe he wasn't like that in his younger years, but he is now as a... 40 year old?

Beth is destroying her family over her daddy issues and causing her children to suffer while allowing Rick to continue to be a selfish asshole with no consequences. Fuck Beth.

Would beth have stopped it?

>Beth is a victim. A victim of Rick's toxic masculinity, overbearing patriarchal authority and emotional vampirism.

Toxic masculinity doesn't exist.
Rick's only authority over the family is the authority that she allowed Rick to have.
The emotional vampirism is the only thing that holds any kind of weight, but at the same time she screwed herself by pushing away her perfectly good husband that, despite being kind of a fucking failure, genuinely tried to be there for his wife and children emotionally and tried to protect them from Rick. She pushed him away, and now she's doing the same to her children.

Beth is no more victim than anyone else. The entire show portrays a universe full of victims. Even Rick is portrayed as a victim of his own hubris.

It's pretty obvious that the writers have just been using Jerry as a receptacle for cheap shots throughout the entire series. The amount of moments where he makes a joke and everyone around him just cringes for no reason other than to make him look like an idiot is staggering.

They aren't
They're irredeemably unlikable MOTHER characters.

It's not about gender. it's about a person abusing their power of their family.

>Morty.
>Irredeemably unlikable.

Morty is doing the best he can in his situation. He's a good boy and he dindu nuffin' wrong.

>t. Rick and Morty "writing staff"
You all are hacks and fucked up hard and fast. You deserve your imminent end.

Beth couldn't give less of a shit that her dad has kidnapped her children to go on "adventures" that she knows could very well (and has) kill them. As unlikable as Peggy is, this isn't a contest.

Because if you unironically think there is any contest to who is worse, you are actually retarded. As in you should legitimately get off this site and go get yourself registered for your handicap.

What was the start of bitch Peggy?

Early seasons had her fairly normal.

She'd be too drunk to even try finding Luane/Summer. They'd get porked more ways than one and Rick would solve everything by murder.

>The sad thing is this is true.

The therapy session showed that it's Beth by a huge margin. Now that Jerry's gone, she's switched the focus of her attacks to Summer and Morty.

Oh user, ALL the family members are unlikable assholes.

Except for Morty and Summer. They are still mostly reacting to other peoples actions instead of taking action themselves. And when they do, it is largely sympathetic.

Peggy means well and cares about her family but frequently lets her ego get the best of her.

Beth's just a self-centred bitch with daddy issues who's tearing her family apart to sate her need for approval.

>there are people who unironically think that Peggy is an irredeemable piece of shit worse than Beth

You people need to get over all the minor annoyances of the character and wise up.

Peggy is a spectacularly written character and the best character in terms of pure writing quality in King of the Hill.

Prove me wrong.

Peggy is guilty of one thing, over-correction for being talked down to for pretty much her entire life. First by her mother, then her teachers, and most recently Cotton. Her problem is that people have been telling her she can't do anything her entire life, and instead of picking one or two things to excel at(there are things she genuinely is talented at, like pitching), to prove those people wrong, she tries to excel at everything, and refuses to believe that she's not any good at a large amount of things she tries. Because if she admits she's not good at something, then she also is admitting that those people were right.

Peggy is good because she helped lucky failing.
Lucky is the worst character probably ever

I can't. Hating Peggy is memetic

Why does Beth care if Rick leaves? She's an adult? I guess I can't relate because my Dad never left me but shouldn't she be over that shit by now?

I remember that in the promos for this season they showed the title with Rick and Beth in a rundown shack. Rick was passed out on a couch, and Beth was clinging onto his leg like a child. I'd say that sums them up pretty nicely.

Daddy issues and codependency are a hell of a drug.

I'd say Beth. Peggy at least tries to be a good person

Peggy wants to do good but is full of ego and stupid. Beth just wants to be a special snowflake and daddy's girl. In terms of insufferable Peggy gets on the nerves easy but as who is a more horrible person Beth takes it in spades. Hell compare the first 3 seasons of Peggy to what we have of Rick and Morty and we can see Peggy was not only a lot more in her family's life and she wanted to help them (even if it came from a superiority complex) where are Beth flux between wanting to divorce Jerry to laying at her father's feet.

King of the Hill is a cartoon about real life, not a cartoon where the main character realize what they are doing wrong the instant, or have a voice of reason to pull them back

Of course Peggy has a lot of issues, but despite all that, she genuinely care for her family. Her character strike close to home for many because there are people who act like Peggy

Beth is a joke character

It's a justice vs virtue mindset. People that lose there shit over Peggy are justice types, Peggy gets away with a lot of shit and that makes them angry beyond reason. Beth is the shittier person but we see that she is a drunk that is barely respected by her family, being abused by her father and Beth is self aware enough to know she is a failure (hence the drinking) so if you are one of virtues you will take more issue with Beth because her actions are awful and no amount of punishment undoes how terrible she is.

Beth by a mile, but I couldn't stand Peggy If I knew her.

>it's a 'men are equal to women' episode

Honestly, if you're only comparing the two by the first three seasons then Beth would easily take the cake - Peggy's ego and negative traits didn't even really explode until season four. The interesting thing is, as a whole, they are both egocentric for the same reason - Beth for her father's acknowledgment and Peggy for her mother's. The major difference is clearly that, even with her flaws, Peggy loves her family whereas Beth is more debatable.

She didn't try to kill him.

Besided he was crazy and told her to pull a switch he knew would kill him

Peggy is a constant piece of shit. Beth only argues with Jerry every episode and ruins the episode. Once Beth ruins more than 36 episodes she'll be equal with Peg a leg

it's funny because most fedora tippers are feminists
so much projection.

they don't know what they're insulting anymore. fedoras were euphoric, and euprhoia was atheism, and atheists wore fedoras. that's all it was
it's not even a GOOD "evolution", now everything vaguely to do with feminism or atheism is involved with my favorite hat.

Beth is a shittier mother, but Peggy is a shittier person.

Nah Beth is clearly the shittier person. Primarily because she's the shittier mother.
Also they have the same flaws in that they're both insecure causing them to overcompensate with their ego. The difference in both being Peggy usually just becomes so ignorant to her shortcomings she sees everything as reinforcing her delusion. Beth on the otherhand will take the most inconsequential statement and view it as a challenge.

Beth is by far shitter, but she's also hotter

>toxic masculinity
>overbearing patriarchal authority

Yeah, Peggy legitimately cannot see her shortcomings and only Dale can see it because you can't bullshit a bullshitter. Beth will go to any extreme to defend her fragile worldview even if it means destroying those around her. Fruit doesn't fall far from the tree, etc.

Peggy really does cares in her own retarded way.
Beth is just pure fucking terrible.

go back to Tumblr

Peggy. I literally stopped watching the show at the spapeggy and meatballs episode because I couldn't stand how much of a dipshit she is

Peggy is lucky she has such understanding family members that bring the best out of her, as much of good as she can muster. Morty and Summer need Beth to be a good parent, and shes fucking up.

Nice bait, here's your (You)

You better have a good suit to go with your favorite hat or you're just another walking meme.

I don't really like Summer very much, she's often superficial and buys right into whatever philosophical snake oil Rick is selling.

Initial kneejerk response is to say Peggy, but the more I think about how egregiously terrible Beth is, the more difficult it is to choose. Peggy is out-and-out incapable of recognizing her faults at all, any of them, in any aspect of her life; Beth at least ostensibly seems to want to fix a relationship with Jerry she knows is... sub-standard, even if she dodges around the real issues in her personality and family relationships which are holding her back.

What puts Beth back in the running is that the real issues she's dodging are so huge, so obvious, and so destructive that she has openly seen the direct damage they have on her family, and made blatant excuses to ignore them. Your grandfather regularly abducts your children, uses them for experiments and generally irresponsible behavior, traumatizes them regularly, and you can't speak up about it because you have abandonment issues? That's fucked up, even in comparison to a woman who is basically denial incarnate and shamelessly above lying, cheating, and sabotage to get her way.

In conclusion, they're both horrible, horrible people. I wouldn't want to be related to either of them.

He got Beth pregnant in high school and Summer is still in high school. So I'd guess around 36-37 at the most.

Where are you people getting that Peggy wants to do good or cares about her family? I mean, she acts like that's true but it's just more of her delusion.

She'll never hesitate to turn on Bobby or Hank if they get in her way. Have you forgotten her drugging Hank without his consent? Or actively hating Bobby and trying to sabotage him when Bobby was good at cooking and cleaning? What about when she did sabotage Lucky because she doesn't respect Luanne's decisions?

Peggy believes she cares about her family but the truth is, she really doesn't.

Beth is the shit queen

a better comparison would be Hank because he still is controlled by Cotton

Beth, no contest.

Peggy has never blamed her son for her own faults and wouldn't gladly abandon him if the opportunity arose.

Pretty sure both of those are untrue.

Do you even watch the shows, Boco?

Yes.

Look, remember when the universe was Cronenberg'd and only Beth, Jerry, and Summer were left? Beth never once questioned or cared about where Rick and Morty went. Peggy wouldn't do that.

Peggy, because she doesn't acknowledge her own shittiness

Beth atleast acknowledges she is just as horrible a person as the rest of her family

Beth might actually go through a character arc that sees her come out as a decent person on the other side, and was an insanely top tier loli. So she is already 5 times better than Peg, who was a massive dumpster fire to the entire run of her show.

>Peggy wouldn't do that.

Do you even watch King of the Hill? When push comes to shove, Peggy doesn't care about anyone but herself. This is demonstrated over and over. It's not shoved in your face like how it is in Rick and Morty but it is established as part of Peggy's character.

I'm not saying Peggy is worse than Beth, I don't think that's possible with the different stakes that the shows play with, but Peggy's about as bad as you can get outside of Beth and that's not a point that should be forgotten or glossed over.

Beth is worse than Peggy but Peggy is almost as bad as Beth in a world that isn't as extreme as the one Beth exists in.

Childhood problems tend to carry over into adulthood. Some people are strong enough to overcome the issues. Beth clearly isn't onr of those people.

I think the show mentioned Beth getting knocked up after prom, so she and Jerry would have been 17-18 at the time. Summer is 17 now, so that means they're 34 or 35.

Beth didn't question it because she knew they were the ones responsible. And she probably knew that Rick would run away from the issue as usual.

At that point it's time to focus on the family members that aren't going to destroy what's left of the world.

Who would you fuck, Peggy or Beth?

>the entire run of her show.

She didn't become a horrible person until after she fell out of that plane.