Rob Liefeld did nothing wrong

>Still mocked by talentless artists & reviewers like Linkara
>Praised by comic industry legends like Alan Moore & Frank miller for being a nice guy to work with
>Marvel comics been publishing progressively worse art than rob liefeld
>Created Deadpool which marvel made millions off of
>Writers use his own character too personally attack him
>Gets labeled by homophobe because he said retconing a character sexual orientation for publicity stunts is stupid
Why are we suppose to hate rob liefeld again? He no longer the worse artists or writer in the industry. Even if he was. Why all the personal hate for rob liefeld?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uqjBum_xd5Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's mocked by far more than that, at least his art is.
>Praised by comic industry legends like Alan Moore & Frank miller for being a nice guy to work with
Cuz he's a nice guy.
And that makes him better?
Cancer.
Petty but I'm sure it was done in a tongue-in-cheek fashion.
>Gets labeled by homophobe because he said retconing a character sexual orientation for publicity stunts is stupid
By who, some fags on twitter that never read a floppy? Who the fuck cares?
>Why are we suppose to hate rob
We just hate his art and stories, not the cool guy personally.

>but I'm sure it was done in a tongue-in-cheek fashion.
By the same industry that had the Shadow symbolically killing Gamergate supporters and comic fans? You honestly think modern writers are that subtle?

Sure, why not?

What the fuck are you talking about? Alan Moore has always loved to shit on every Image founder. Jim Lee used to be the only one he liked.

> the Shadow symbolically killing Gamergate supporters and comic fans

Wait what?
What did Dynamite do now?

>Alan Moore has always loved to shit on every Image founder. Jim Lee used to be the only one he liked.
irony?
pottery?
>hey Jim, you're a good lad... fuck me in the arse and shit all over my life's work some, wouldja?

They are blaming Donald trump for fans calling bullshit. They are even blocking people that belong to Shadow Facebook group. The writer admited the shadow was killing comic book fans that hatred diversity. youtu.be/uqjBum_xd5Q

>What did Dynamite do now?
The shadow told school shooters to check their white privileges.

The new volume of the Shadow is set in the present day and features him taking down a pair of school shooters in typically violet fashion. Also typical for the Shadow he takes the time to lecture them on how cowardly and pathetic they are as they bleed out. For some reason certain readers felt personally attacked by this.

Proof that having some connections, a good personality and a good work ethic go far further in this industry than skill and talent.

>YOU ONLY HATE IT BECAUSE IT ATTACKS YOU.

It doesn't attack me, it's a stupid premise and the entire issue is poorly written by an idiot who been having panic spasms ever since June last year.

>an idiot who been having panic spasms ever since June last year.
Who is writing it, btw?

>[...] The Walking Dead creator, Robert Kirkman, defends Liefeld, saying, "Every figure that Rob draws has a certain energy to it, a certain excitement. Every character Rob drew had seven knives and six guns and shoulder pads and pouches and belts and straps and ammunition. It was an aesthetic that as a kid absolutely blew me away. I idolized the guy...Everything he draws is interesting, whether it's accurate or not. A lot of people look at the way Rob draws the human body and they say, 'That's wrong in my eyes.' I would say that these people have no joy in their souls. It's not like Rob doesn't know what a human body looks like, I think Rob looks at a human body and goes: 'That’s boring. I can do better.'"

>Morrison stated that he is an admirer of Liefeld's work in particular, explaining that while Liefeld's art was regarded as "total crap" in the 1990s, many comic book artists today see it as an avant-garde abstraction of reality that is as bizarre and individual as Vincent van Gogh

>Millar in particular wrote the foreword to the 2008 Youngblood collection published by Image Comics, in which he defended that series as an entry in the celebrity superhero subgenre that predated The Authority and X-Statix. Millar also compared critics of Liefeld's layouts and figure work to those who would have criticized Jack Kirby for exhibiting a cartoony style rather than photorealism, and asserted that his own children are avid fans of Liefeld's work in general, and Youngblood in particular

I gotta agree with them. I think it looks goofy as fuck but damn if it isn't eye-catching.

Spurrier, who's done some good work, but lately can't seem to keep his politics from becoming a focus, rather than influencing or inspiring a story.

You could have done something fantastic about this, even if I disagree with the politics, like a criminal genius using immigrant labour as slaves and sponsoring both domestic and international terrorism to perform a grand scheme to acquire vast amounts of wealth. But nope, went for the low hanging fruit and turned the Shadow into a burnt amnesiac who has been identified by a random nurse because he's an old man and has an old man's cock.

>we lost Spurrier to SJWism
;_;

This; you could also use it to have a bit more of a discussion; the main villain could be using immigration fears to drive those illegal immigrants he 'shelters' into working for him both in essentially slave labour but also criminally in their desperation, but you could also make the point this is common practice for illegal and even legal migrants. Have him use proxies to conduct terrorist acts in order for say a massive insurance fraud, never being connected but having blood on his hands.

Boom; classic Shadow villain worthy of modern times and something a left leaning guy could point out as a massive villain by their standards while also highlighting legitimate problems with illegal immigration. Everyone's happy. We have a classic Shadow doing great Shadow things and not this bland rubbish that's interchangeable with any number of 'I DON'T LIKE THE PRESIDENT AND WHITE PEOPLE SUCK BECAUSE THEY'RE RACIST' story lines.

Co-created. The whole personality of Deadpool, you know, the thing that actually led to him becoming a popular character, is the work of writers like Joe Kelly, Fabian Nicieza and most importantly Daniel Way.

I refuse to believe people are getting riled up over books published by fucking Dynamite Comics.

You niggas will get mad about anything lmfao

I agree, he gets shit on way too much. A lot of modern day creators are far, far worse than he ever was and has 0 of the creativity Liefeld has.

Is this a real page?

Why did you posted Jake Wyatt? He is GOAT.

Hi Rob. Didn't know you bothered to browse Sup Forums

>/co tries to defend Liefeld because "something something SJW"
Fuck you all. Liefeld is garbage. Both in terms of drawing and writing he's garbage. He's always been garbage and will always be garbage. Nice guy? Maybe. But he's also a lazy shit who never, ever, ever finishes anything he begins.

Don't you have some people to murder alt-whiter?

(You)

Yeah, I agree.
The hate seems mostly of the received "do I fit in?" sort too.

>we
>we
>we
> point by point greentxt
Faggot.

But this IS classic Shadow. Typical Sup Forums, not reading the classics. Cock identification is a classic trope in Shadow stories. You guys need to realize that the comic writers of today are exactly like the legends of yesteryear, with no differences whatsoever.

Yeah, and there are worse artists and writers with shittier attitudes that are praised for the same reasons Liefeld is mocked.

Marvel has ben publishing worse art than Rob's since before the FF was launched.
Stan's brother Larry drew some really shitty comics.

>shitting on based Wyatt
>complaining about a modern teenager talking like a modern teenager (thing that is normal, just look at old TT comics or even way older Superboy comics)

Who the fuck are you replying to?

I love Kamala.

Blastshard reporting in!

>Overstrike

>Crowclaw
Hoka hey.

>Daniel Way.
fuck you

>Bladehunter
Fuck yeah! Can you feel the speed lines?

>X-Claw
So i'm bootleg wolverine. Great.

I agree user, and I think it is high time we gave Jason Aaron credit for being the REAL creator of Marvel's Thor.

Dude, you'll be overy team in no time at all!

>Wolverine does one (1) flip
>physically exhausted grunt when he lands
>"so amaze"
Kamala's book was always shit.

glass house and all but they're not wrong. he is a low hanging fruit though
so? he's nice that doesn't make him good at his job.
what does that have to do with him. not an arguement
you mean plagiarized Deathstroke and told the writer to do whatever? Fabian Nicieza chose to write deadpool in a unique way that everyone loves so really he created deadpool
not an argument. also he regularly mocks himself and laughs all the way to the bank
he made a blank slate boring character and then the writer did what he wanted. see deadpool retort

cry more bitch nigga

>* on every

Remember that time the Sup Forums draw gags decided to draw all the pokemon in Liefield style?
Good times

>cries
H-ha-ha cry more!

Liefeld would be remembered more fondly if the comics he drew had at least a somewhat decent plot. The man was a machine when it came to drawing, but God is his writing awful.

I wanna fug Kamala.

I did the Charizard and Blastoise for that one

Good times

that's every industry my friend

Hey, I'm Overshot
We should have a team book.

You made this beautiful beast? You ought to be proud, shit's amazing

>a good work ethic
He was kicked out of Image for embezzlement.

Off topic but I really like that Wolverine costume

he's the most important comic creator since Kirby, all the hate is a meme caused by his jealous peers and because Waid is autistic

Who wasn't?

Hi Rob.

Crow-strike ready to attack from the shadows.

No, I did the ones in the original thread

You must have been in the sequel

>Rob Liefeld did nothing wrong

WUZZAT?!

If that's his art now he has improved a lot. But Wolverine's weight changes in almost every panel and he still draws feet with no ankles and pointed at the end

in fact, I should post all of the Liefield-ified pokemon I got

>get millions of kids into comics and drawing in general
>REEEEEEEEEEEEe, he doesn't have a style I enjoy but is more successful than my favorite artists

>millions

No that's not Liefeld's art. Op posted something completely unrelated for no apparent reason.

please post them all

X-Force #1 sold 5 million

Did Liefeld write this page? "Such Athletic", "So Amaze", and what the hell does "Very Claws" mean?

>implying only children make up the comic demographic
>5 million comic book sales can't be wrong

haha, that's where you're wrong kiddo

>But this IS classic Shadow
No it's not

>Cock identification is a classic trope in Shadow stories
Yes is but there is a difference between cock identification and the Shadow lecturing people about microtransactions and white privilege.

youtu.be/uqjBum_xd5Q

No it was written by G Willow Wilson. The writer for Ms Marvel. Remember the Shiba Inu doge meme? Well, it was already ancient when Wilson wrote this issue.

piplup gonna fuck you up

well a lot of the hate was thanks to the schism at image where they all started shitting on each other after breaking up.
and there is some truth to that, the reason that iconically bad captain america drawing liefeld did even exists is because he refused to redraw it, even after several people asked him if he would do it over.
but all of those artists were prima-donnas back then so you have to take anything they've said with a grain of salt.
i also feel like every one of them has gotten much more mature as time goes on.

you can really tell the underagers on here as they dont realise how big comics were in the 90's rob liefield was in a levi jeans ad ffs.

while it isnt a rob comic, x-men #1 by claremont/lee sold 8.1 million copies.

Motherfucking Shatter Razor reporting for duty! I only use guns and my pouches are filled with bullets that I eat, throw and use as grenades.

Why am I called Shatter Razor? Fuck you, that's why!

He's being sarcastic.

because he's objectively shit

> a nice guy to work with
everything i have heard and read stems along the lines of being a shitty person with a bigger ego then he deseres

fuck the rest, you can like his work but it doesn't make him any more of a plagiarist dick

>any less of a plagiarist dick
ftfy and agreed

and conclude on the only woman-form drawn in that thread

are you actually using razorfist as a fucking argument?

Fuck doesn't know shit about shadow, in spite of his claims to be a fan

>gardevoir being the only female
somehow I am disappointed

Shadow-razor here/

You're right to jump at shadows.

Blaststrike here!
i'm a generic strong guy, but i have a wolverine-style mask for no reason and a giant harpoon gun

I kind of miss extreme 90'sports art

And I'm ShatterBlaze! The most badass fireman.

Blackshot ready to rock

Fuck out the way for it's Cyber-whip. The badass beast hunter of the 22nd and one half century!

I'm here to crackdown HARD on Cummies, Toadfags, and Moe-cunts. And I must bring hammer down soon and fierce, before they resurrect a legion of Nazi-Vampires to sell their Lame-O Shame-O Wiener-shitzels

Gunforce.

Why can't guys like you get hired in the industry?