The case of MCU synergy

Why is it that the properties with Netflix/ABC shows are the ones with the most synergy, while the billion dollar Avengers aren't capitalized on? Can this be Ike's influence? He's in charge of the tv division and has been removed from the movies. What if he demanded that the movie characters shouldn't be promoted more than usual, except for capitalizing on movie titles like CW2 and the upcoming Planet Hulk with Chulk. He wasn't above killing FF, and shoving the X-men away despite mutants selling more than the Inhuman books can hope for.

Who cares? You don't have enough facts or power to find out or change anything at all. We've had this thread for a shit load of times.

Because Ike is assblasted with Feige kicking him and his cronies from the movies

Probably this.

Honestly the characterization of them in the movies has been better and more consistent than the current comics.

It's probably more that the movies are so behind where the comics are.

I think it's simply that the Avengers movies are too out there to be synergized. And i dont think you know how synergy usually works

I mean, what could they do, completely rewrite Ultron's origins to be a product of Stark? Get Hawkeye brainwashed for a couple of issues? Make a big deal out of Loki bullying humans? Synergy is in the little things, change Harley's hair to look like the movie, make Thanos more relevant in random stories so people consider him a recurrent Avengers nemesis, advertise a new Black Panter book even if it has no similarities to the movies, take chance of Spiderman turning in a magic avatar to give him organic web, etc.

Gotta to go with this, Bendis strikes me as especially bitter seeing how he's riding the tailcoats of the MCU, as seen with his Guardians of the Galaxy run.

Sadly this, most of the bad lack of characterization has been Perlmutter and his toadies fault. Iron Man 3 was the big offender.

What the comics should be doing is making more material for the MCU to adapt. The MCU isn't going to make a movie about race war between heroes or Character Assassination the event. But what they do need is more heroes to replace the ones that leave and new bad guys. A bunch of other bad guys are too rooted in the times past to be good or were never good. That is why Vulture got reinvented. If Marvel comics doesn't step up its game, it won't just be reinventing. They will just straight up make MCU original characters and fuck the comics.

If I was in charge I would offer a better deal to creators for the characters they create. Then intro the Google 80/20 system. They spend 80 percent of their time doing their main job and 20 percent on side projects. Have them create a original character, antagonist and try to do a intresting story. It allows writers to expirement with concepts and diversity without fucking over a existing character. Then have them write and draw out a arc. Like what would be the first movie or season of a Tv season. Say 4-8 floppy length. Then once that is done release it as a discounted book. If it is liked then keep going. If not then it stays as a mini and the character can be just be a side character in the verse. Sure you might eat a loss on some, but you might also get well received new characters like Ms Marvel. Instead of pissing if regulars by killing one of their favourites end replacing them with a diversity character.

>Iron Man 3 was the big offender
IM3 was fine, it was Age of Ultron that fucked everything up for every character

Disagree, other than some excessive jokes and quips the characterization was excellent for everyone. Yes, including Ultron imo

The MCU synergy is directly influenced by the current state of marvel's copyright.

That means no X-men, the use of the word "mutant", FF or Hulk outside of the Avengers related movie in an audio-visual media format.

Marvel TV literally has a guidline on "How to make shitty shows without anybody suing us because of licensed copyright".

MCU is more limited in scope because of all the exclusive licensing done to movie studios in the 90's. For that stupidity you will never see references to Kang, Galactus or mutants in the MCU.

Kevin Feige fired the MCU consultant council that included the likes of Bendis and Joe Quesada, effectively severing the ties between Marvel Studios (the movies) and Marvel Entertainment (tv/Netflix, animation and comics). That's why the comics shilling for the tv division is so frequent now.

I think (and this may be hard for some to believe) the writers and artists at Marvel have a little more control over their own stories than most people think, and they aren't forced to make every story just like the movie/TV

not everything is about what Ike did or didn't do

On on Earth did AoU fit any of the phase 2 films? Whedon worked on every Phase 2 script and it still came out feeling like he had no idea what was happening in any of them

How does it not? The only thing that feels kinda forced is the helicarrier at the end, but i guess Whedom couldn't figure out another acceptable way to evacuate a flying city. What's the problem, Tony destroying his armours in IM3? He still wants to give up Iron Man, hence why he builds Ultron in the first place. It's his fears for the future that keep pulling him back in action

Yeah, this, i'm so tired of hearing people moaning about Perlmutter for every little thing happening at Marvel. But then again that's how it goes here, everyone just repeats memes

No. The characterization for Tony wiped away three prior solo movies of character development. He became a mad scientist who inadvertently created a death AI and was never punished for it, never faced any consequences. In fact, he took it upon himself to create ANOTHER death AI potentially more powerful in order to stop the other one. And all he got was a stern talking to.

Bruce Banner and Natasha were mischaracterized by falling in love with each other for no reason other than to have a love subplot. Bruce loved Betty Ross until it became more convenient for him to love Natasha instead.

Hawkeye was given a secret family for no reason other than to make him useful in an indirect way. He's still useless as a fighter, however.

Quicksilver was introduced and then killed in a hamfisted way that only Whedon could muster. A speedster killed by bullets.

Ultron was a quipmaster who never seemed like a real threat, even when the world was at stake, simply because everyone kept fucking QUIPPING ALL THE TIME. Age of Ultron was a mess.

>Tony
I already mentioned how it ties reasonably with where IM3 left off. And who was gonna punish him, SHIELD? Federal prison? And with what accusation, "you left an unfinished AI in the same room with an alien artifact"? The collective faults of the team led to the Sokovia accords, that's all you need

>Bruce and Natasha
While i dont particularly like the ship it wasn't random at all, they were already bonding in the first Avengers with Widow feeling she wronged Bruce by delivering him to Fury

>Hawkeye
It was nice to make him the straight man of the group, the movie finally gives him a purpose and more defined motivation after all he got was scraps in Thor and Avengers and you complain it shouldn't have happened?
>hurr why is he even an Avenger
Oh fuck off

>Ultron
I already agreed that the quips was a bit too much but for the rest i liked his characterization and motivations. Just wish he put more of a fight at the end

They kinda ripped off pic related assuming this one came later.

>The collective faults of the team led to the Sokovia accords, that's all you need
Nuh uh. It was Tony Stark's evil robot that went and turned Sokovia into a meteorite. The rest of them did nothing wrong except maybe Banner.

The footage that Ross shows the Avengers that allows the Accords to take place were as follows:

>New York
SHIELD's fault for fucking about with the Tessaract.

>the Triskelion incident
wasn't Cap's fault. SHIELD's fault for letting itself get infiltrated.

>Lagos
Kinda Wanda's fault but that explosive was going to go off anywhere and it would have killed just as many people on the ground and possibly cause structural damage that would have destroyed the whole building.

>Sokovia
Stark's robot

I meant the UN took the accords as their way to "punish" the Avengers, be it for Fury or Tony's fuckups, not that it's the whole teams' fault. Although technically Bruce worked with him

>what is an homage

I guess.