Hatred

Hatred
>Has a little boy lust but manages to suppress it to take care of Hank and Dean
>Never got the boys killed
>Even tried to teach them basic skills so they wouldn't be purely dependent on a body guard

Brock
>Has a blood lust he constantly needs to satisfy, sometimes at the traumatic expense of the boys
>Also chases the ladies while on duty, sometimes getting laid while the boys are currently in trouble
>Got the boys killed at least a dozen times
>Never tried to purposely mentor the boys, sometimes even rejected teaching Hank anything (Who learned regardless out of self determination)

Why is Brock considered a better bodyguard again? He should immediately lose that contest considering how many of the boys deaths are on his head.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sGFcURUUYJI
youtube.com/watch?v=C5XWh9Nk_Yg
youtube.com/watch?v=SJaLzdshknk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm not sure he's considered a better bodyguard in the show, but everyone knows he's a way better fighter/spy/soldier than almost everyone else. It's also seems like the dangers the Ventures faced scaled down after Brock left. The boys mostly died from being retarded clones only educated through Rusty's bed-time videos from his father.

Season 7 when?

Brock got lazy. He disconnected from his job because of the whole clone backup situation and just let rusty deal with educating his kids, on account of the cloning.

Hatred is a mid-western-y pedo with a heart of gold. The "pedo" part (hell, the "mid-western-y" part) is enough to put him out of the running immediately. He could never compete with Brock, the ideal Form of Sid Vicious.

would you hire Hatred as a babysitter?

>Has a little boy lust but manages to suppress it to take care of Hank and Dean
He took drugs though

>Never got the boys killed
It was revealed mid-season that Brock was still living with them the entire time

>Even tried to teach them basic skills so they wouldn't be purely dependent on a body guard
Because he acknowledges he's not good as Brock

>It was revealed mid-season that Brock was still living with them the entire time

21 mentions that Hathred body count is higher than Brock's because he uses actual guns and the defense system.

To be fair he only has pedolust because of the super serum he took from the OSI

I thought he molested Hank and Dean before judging by one of their comments in an earlier episode.

>ywn be molested by muscley daddy
>ywn take the D

Hatred was actually in the military so he has a higher kill count than Brock.

He had the tendencies, the serum just exagerated them.

He was actualy a high ranking member of both OSI and the Guild. Guy kind of deserved some more cool moments of competency.

Which comments

>21 mentions that Hathred body count is higher than Brock's

No, he just complained that Hatred doesn't share Brock's aversion to firearms. Even going so far as to complain about Helper too;

>Even the robot is packing heat!

>Hatred was actually in the military so he has a higher kill count than Brock.

So was Brock. He served in the Marines before joining the OSI.

I don't remember but it was from when he started arching Rusty. Might be Home is Where the Hate is.

I tried googling the quotes but it's just Reddit and the wikis saying he molested them without quoting what they said(I think they off handedly mentioned being date raped or drugged by him).

Hatred/Brock are apples and oranges though

Hatred became the body guard once the clone slugs were destroyed, so him teaching the kids how to fight was no longer a luxury he could avoid.

Also, they came into the job at different low points in their lives:

Brock had just been demoted (by Hatred himself ironically) to babysit Rusty and the kids. It took him a long time to warm up to the family and by the end, he was coming into his own nurturing the kids and a lot of his later decisions were filtered through this (IE him having to go away, especially since the boys could not be brought back to life)

Also, Brock did try and train the boys but gave up due to complications (Dean is a sissy and Hank is too damn impressionable for his own good, meaning he had a tendency to think he was stronger than he actually was). Plus he had the clone slugs, which he might not have approved of but had to work around the fact that Rusty would just as soon as let the kids die than allow Brock to give them proper training.

Not to mention the fact that Brock and Rusty were never on good terms when he first met; Brock DID try and kill Rusty and his friends after all in college. Brock most likely felt guilty over that and as such, gave Rusty a great deal of leyway in how the kids were being reared, limiting his ability to fully bond and nurture the kids, since he feared Rusty would throw him being a merciless murder machine into his face if he tried to second guess Rusty's crappy parenting ideas

Or I Know Why the Caged Bird Kills*

It takes so long for them to do seasons I've forgotten basically everything that has ever happened in this show.

In season two, there was a running gag about how Sgt Hatred was a pedophile and no one liked him, even in the Guild.

In particular, it was revealed that hatred drugged the boys on one adventure when he kidnapped them (Hank was able to remember what happened in spite of his impaired state but Dean had blocked out the entire incident).

It's left vague WHAT happened but in the two part finale where we finally see Hatred, he is stated to have a foot fetish and him lusting after his wife/second-in-command's feet made Hank freak out with PTSD.

The pedophile shit continued on and off but it quickly became apparent once P&H decided to make Hatred a regular, that they dropped the entire plot point of the boys being molested by Hatred and eventually came up with the serum plot point to explain the whole thing away as not being Hatred's fault.

IIRC Publick has even stated that had they known they were going to make Hatred a regular, they wouldn't have made him a pedophile due to the amount of hassle it created for them.

When they were kidnapped by Myra in Season 2. it. Hank was also genuinely uncomfortable sitting next to him at the Monarch's wedding because of it, Dean didn't remember any of it because he passed out from the roofied wine.

youtube.com/watch?v=sGFcURUUYJI

I have similar issues, though shit doesn't blur until after season two. Possibly because S3 was so bad that I never bought it or the later seasons, on DVD.

I thought they said that was part of the challenge, creating an affable pedo character.

My memory is dogshit to begin with but it's one of the reasons I prefer not to get into any shows immediately. I remember enough that rewatching still feels like I already watched it too much to not be bored.

It's been on for over ten years and we still only have six seasons.

I wonder if he liked Princess Tinyfeet's feet because they were feet or because they were tiny, like a small boy's

>Brock DID try and kill Rusty and his friends after all in college

Actually, he didn't. He even apologized to Rusty the morning after. He got into a drunken rage out of guilt for accidentally killing Tommy the quarterback that day.

Based purely on statistics, Hatred is the better bodyguard. Brock is just a better character and has a considerable higher combat skill.

Brock is a character who never has had to struggle. Because of this, he's never tried to self improve, and assumes everyone is just the sum of their parts. Hatred has struggled, and thus knows how to make an effort.

>ywn take the H
ftfy

But Hatred did diddle the boys. Hank explicitly mentions it in Season 2: Episode 10. When talking to Myra (their "Mother")
Hank: "If you're our Mom, why do you have us tied up? People only do that when they kidnap us, or hold us for ransom, or touch us innapropriately."

Dean: "That never happened!"

Hank: "Sgt Hatred?! What did you block that out or something? Trust me, it was mostly horrible."

No. He's a pedo.

He diddled the boys while he was still a supervillain, so in the logic of VB, it's kind of fair game. Like it was pointed out how Brock beat the shit out of Rusty and his friends back in college, but that was way before he became his bodyguard, so you can't count that as him being a shitty bodyguard to Rusty.

Didn't Hatred molest Dean and Hank though?

How did Dr. Girlfriend know Brock's car was booby trapped?

She's been around guys like him who treat their car like their child. She also worked for Truckules I think, so she had a hunch.

He has an actual D tattooed over his D though.

>exagerated

youtube.com/watch?v=C5XWh9Nk_Yg

someone do a virgin and chad of this

most of that is just Rusty being a shitty parent and letting Brock do whatever the fuck he feels like so long as Rusty is still alive at the end of the day.

Yeah, when the slugs died, even Rusty tried to get the boys to be more aware of their surroundings.

>Hey pop, this package came for us.
>Hank, it's already opened.
>Well I have to, it was beeping.
>A bomb didn't occur to you? Hank, you have to be more careful, your safety net is gone.
>I know, Brock's gone...
>Oh, right, yeah, that.

>Hathred

>It's also seems like the

Where's my new season?

I didn't get when characters commented that Hatred was incompetent, when it was clear that he was extremely knowledgeable about the Guild, trained in combat, and focused enough to stop being a pedo to protect two boys.

He's fat and out of shape.

youtube.com/watch?v=SJaLzdshknk

It won't happen this year.

>They just stay 13 FOREVER!

Both of these things can be true. That may have been the challenge, and it may have been more trouble than it was worth.

The problem is that Brock never really tried because he knew the boys were clones. Why put out more than the barest minimum of effort when you've got an entire airplane hangar full of backups?

Plus he never really wanted the job, anyway.

Rusty and the boys also weren't his real job, just his cover.

I heard 2018, but citation needed.

Will someone finally put an end to the Blue Morpho's rampage and reveal his identity at last?

Will Orpheus make an actual fucking appearance next season?

I don't think rape/molestation would fly as easily. I wish we had a guild handbook we could read because they have laws such as Rusty's Law

>Rusty's Law is a Guild of Calamitous Intent rule which ensures that captured boy adventurers would be treated by their captors with a measure of regard for their health and safety, requiring their temporary release for treatment of certain medical emergencies. It was likely an agreement between Jonas Venture, the Guild and possibly other parties. It was enacted in 1969 as an addendum to article 47 of the Unusual Torture Act in 1969.

The beds synced the boys' brains with a backup server. The education videos were just extra.

Why did I read this in Hatred's voice?

Because you are autistic.

Didn't Hatred mention once that the Guild viewed his pedophilia as "a goddamn special skill"?

If earlier statements still hold true, then we should be getting another special near the end of this year and the next season sometime next year.

>little boy lust

ephebophilia is not pedophilia and captain sunshine was more of a monster than sgt hatred

If that rings true, hopefully the special doesn't sap money out of the actual season like the last one did, even if it was a spectacular special.

From what I heard about that it was caused by a miscommunication between Publick and Hammer and AS, so I don't think they'll make the same mistake.

oh

>ywn slowly lick the RE and take his underwear off with your mouth

>ephebophilia is not pedophilia

Different shit; same laws, user.

If I knew he takes his Nomelostol.

Man, this season really grew on me after a couple of rewatches.

The last minutes of the finale was top-notch comfy.

If someone had to molest my kids id want that someone to be Hatred.

wasnt that back when hatred arched rusty tho?
he wasnt their bodyguard then

technically he half succeeded

hank is probably going to end up being an OSI agent or batman.

Yeah, this time they'll just know up front they are losing x number of episodes.

Is it Venture thread on Sup Forums? Amazing.

They aren't uncommon, but thankfully the threads has avoided turning into the shitshow that is the fate of most popular shows.

might be because vb isn't popular

They're not uncommon, but they tend to get to page 10 pretty quickly.

>the threads has avoided

*the threads have avoided

They were a shitshow a few seasons ago, when Venture Bros threads would flood the board during new seasons. The fanbase have since grown up because of the long wait between seasons.

don't kid yourself, it'll be Samurai Jack all over again once the next season comes out

Probably more like mid-season GoT over at Sup Forums.

I can't really remember it being that bad during season 5.

Better Quality VS Swedish murder machine.

If the test is killing fuckers, Sampson wins. If the test is actually doing bodyguard shit, Hatred has the edge.

The series shows that Murder Machine is a Legit part of the Job.

wait a minute...
now that i think about there'd be no point in brock teaching the brothers anything if they're just going to die off screen anyway.

He took care of the boys and did teach them stuff now and then. Certain choke holds and karate moves, as illustrated in the Boy Adventurer Day Camp episode. Anything they learned would've been stored into their memory computers. And considering Hank kicked ass at the SPHINX challenge and gives all the credit for mentoring under Brock, I'd say at least he learned a lot.