Why did everyone hop on the hate train with Doomsday but convientely forgot about Abomination from the Incredible Hulk...

Why did everyone hop on the hate train with Doomsday but convientely forgot about Abomination from the Incredible Hulk? At least Doomsday looked accurate to the comics. And way less riduculous then this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Ec1jRu4TPY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because Domsday looks like a ripoff of this movie's Abomination, and looks nothing like the comic where he shows up for the first time.

People criticized Abomination, but the thing is, it didn't had patethic cucks like you defending it.

this

TIH didn't have a bunch of idiots making threads everyday crying because of the movies reception, and TIH is like ten times better than BvS

/thread

Because that movie came out long before the MCU had the cancerous fanbase of green/blue/orange haired girls it has now who will do anything to maintain the fact that the MCU is relevant

Also, both designs sucked....they both suffer from what I cal "no real monster" disease, where every alien or monster has to look like some greyish mutant human with vaguely reptillian or amphibious features but never going all the way

For the past however many years there has just been an aesthetic choice to make all monsters and aliens look a certain way that is really boring

If I member correctly, the people that made the Hulk said that they didn't put the ears on Abomination, because they thought that Hulk would just logically rip them off.

> convientely forgot
Nobody liked Abomination. People just forgot about it naturally. Especially since they switched actors, and haven't made too many specific callbacks to him.

If the best defense for that Doomsday is "at least it sucks less than this other thing", I got news for you.

>Hulk
>logic
Hollywood, everybody!

How the fuck would that be an issue?
LET HIM RIP THEM OFF!

Honestly I wish it was Mr. Orange vs the Hulk for the whole movie, but audiences can't identify with Goliath in a David vs Goliath scenario.

>Uses Nu52 Doomsday with ramshorns

No, fuck you

Nobody remembers Incredible Hulk. It's the lowest performing MCU film, and only the Russos care about tying it back to the MCU.

Do you even read comics? Doomsday was an extremely iconic villain. He was THE dude that could kill superman with his bare hands. He didn't need no magic or kryptonite. He simply beat him to death.

The Death of Superman was a simply iconic story whether you like it or not. To say the adaptation was being practically raped by the DCEU is a glorious understatement.

Then you compare it to fucking Abomination, in arguable the worst hulk film imaginable. Abomination isn't Hulk's big arch nemesis (it's the leader). He is practically nega-hulk. The guy is practically a fucking lackey.

Just like how iron man had to face nega-iron man with the iron monger (another villain that wasn't very iconic by the way).

Case in point you have Dr Strange's villain kaecilius, who was also basically a one note bad guy lackey in the comics. That's what marvel does, they choose lame one note villains for their movies before building up the real threats for the later films (so far they are doing a shit job but they may have improved with gotg2, thor3 and dr Strange vs Mordo plot)

>Case in point you have Dr Strange's villain kaecilius, who was also basically a one note bad guy lackey in the comics.
Kaeceilius didn't even have a wikipedia page before the film.

This may be the best gif I have ever seen.

>Also, both designs sucked....they both suffer from what I cal "no real monster" disease, where every alien or monster has to look like some greyish mutant human with vaguely reptillian or amphibious features but never going all the way
Movie monster designs are always so fucking boring.

That's stupid, and its not just them.

Honestly I kind of blame Halo, this aesthetic for monsters and aliens is so old, enough

Remember Predator? Alien? Monsters can be more than this, they can look unique, they SHOULD look unique

Nah movie Doomsday sucked. It looked like a bad knockoff of a doom character

>implying you were on Sup Forums when THI came out

>He says while Halo has a lot of different and unique alien designs
>Predator
A humanoid with dreads and a crab face?

I liked the PR kaiju designs

I remember the hype for Avengers. People were constantly guessing who the aliens seen in the final battle would be. Skrulls were a popular guess. And then the press screening happened and someone on Twitter said they were Chitari

What's funny is that the Chitari really are unexplained in the film. They just sort of appear and you just accept them as the villains. We don't even know why they all fall down when the mothership was destroyed.

It's such a strange thing that people don't question the deal with the creatures and just accepted them as canon fodder.

>At least Doomsday looked accurate to the comics.
Fucking stop lying to yourself movie Doomsday looked like abomination but with pimples and huge ass cysts

>why did everyone hop on the hate train with Doomsday but convientely forgot about Abomination from the Incredible Hulk?
because forgot about Abomination from the Incredible Hulk you whiny bitch

Pacific Rim was an oddity. Movie is kinda weird, because it was a mostly predictable summer movie blockbuster but it also had a decent amount of creativity put into it.

Also just to clarify, I mean modern movie monster designs.

extraterrestrial cannon fodder is pretty much a fact of comics life at this point

>At least Doomsday looked accurate to the comics.
pic related, fucking trips waster

predator is a fucking garbage design. Its just a buff dude with dreads and a gay ass fishnet wife beater

Predator these days has been often imitated, why? Because of how unique it was. Yes humanoid, but it was very unique...it was a weird...amphibian, reptillian, bug like, strange and threatening creature that looked like something you would NEVER want to meet, not just some boring grey thing thats "eh kinda weird"

You just reminded me of how in the concept art of Ultron, we get several pictures of Six armed Ultron, or deity like Ultron. They looked so out there that it becomes annoying when you think that the Avengers always seem to face humanoid villains. Hell, look at Ego, he was just Kurt Russel.

It's almost like how they are stripping Thanos of his armor. It's like they don't want the heroes to fight a threat that looks like a final boss because they want the next film to happen.

They would not be difficult to explain... but nobody ever bothered to do so!

Strange thing is, they didn't behave like drones.

This

DC fans have pretty much forced me into this retarded console war because of their stupidity. I don't even like either company

The difference between the MCU fanbase and the DCEU fanbase is that the MCU fanbase almost never defend the low points of their series, which in all honesty never reach the levels of terrible the DCEU was before Wonder Woman, while the DCEU fans will defend their shitty movies even though they recently got a good one to the point of making dozens of threads a day whining about "shills", "marlels" and "mousketeers"

>Predator these days has been often imitated
where?

And on top of that, was a mashup of midieval armor and advanced technology

I know for you kids, this might seem cliche, but that's only because so much shit these days took influence from this aesthetic

I haven't even seen anyone talk about Abomination in forever, the movie is almost 10 years old and didn't have the best reception when it came out.

But don't blame the lack of creative design in modern monsters on Halo, why are you even blaming that on Halo?

the ONLY thing that was unique was the mouth and thats it

I genuinely worry that the entire MCU is going to start to collapse after Infinity War. They've been building up to it for so long that if they don't deliver it's basically going to kill any future projects.

Whoa. Wait. Trespasser was the first kaiju to attack.

Why did the Progenitors switch to much smaller monsters in their subsequent attacks?

Also, name something that looked like Predator before Predator, a humanoid alien with the crazy jaws, or the armored look

Even Wonder Woman was pretty lackluster. A strong start and competent middle, but it collapsed in the third act.

As a DC fan, the DCEU has been incredibly disappointing so far.

>I blame Halo
>Remember Predator?
Actually fuck off. The alien design is one of Halo's strongest points, of the few strong points it has
show me how many of them can be justifiably classified as ""just some grey thing""

That was deliberate. The hunters could easily kill any prey if they used the most advanced tech at their disposal. They had interstellar spacecraft 10,000 years ago.

They're supposed to hunt with spears and daggers.

>"w-w-we had more than one-and-a-half good movies, honest!!"
>"what do you mean we were rushing to catch up with MCU?!"
>*literally mashes a bunch of iconic DC comic storylines together and calls it a movie*
>*waves financial success around and then has the nerve to disregard critical reception*
>Suicide Squad aka Generic Villain Romp with DC Names Attached

MCU is formula and rote as shit with glaring villain problems, but it's mostly solid and competent in comparison. the bad movies are forgettable and that's about a step up from where bad in the DCEU gets us

When my dad watched the Avengers, he was really confused about the aliens. Like, the first time they bring them up is when Iron Man and Loki are talking.

And yet they spend most of the movies killing people with the fucking OP laser cannons.

They said Doomsday was "evolving" to were he'd become similar to his iconic comic look. In practice, though he didn't. At all.
It's sad that the best on screen Doomsday we'll ever get will be pic related.

It's why I keep saying that the MCU should use their post credits scenes to tease stuff after Infinity Wars than focus all their attention on Infinity Wars. Yes, IW will be the big blowout film, but if you don't have the momentum there for the stuff afterwards, people will be worn out. So far, Mordo going evil and Adam Warlock are the sure things we know post A4

I suppose Trespasser was way too slow, and was defeated by sustained fire. The smaller kaijus would be faster and better-suited to the land they attacked. You can see this with Onibaba being a giant crab to attack Japan.

Yoo is that Kraken from Clash of the Titans?

>It's like they don't want the heroes to fight a threat that looks like a final boss because they want the next film to happen.
Man that is utterly frustrating if that is an actual reason for the lame villains, I hate Hollywood

>The difference between the MCU fanbase and the DCEU fanbase is that the MCU fanbase almost never defend the low points of their series
Bullshit, I've had arguments that lasted hours on this site with people defending Thor, Thor 2, Iron Man 3, and going way above and beyond.....saying things like Captain America looks stupid and should be as tacticool as possible for realism, that Hawkeye should never wear a mask because masks are stupid, that super heroes shouldn't even WEAR COSTUMES in criticism to Scarlet Witch's look

You are lying straight up if you don't know that MCU sycophants are the worst there are

I think the big problem with superhero films in general is that they always have to devolve into a battle between the hero and villain, and when the heroes usually have the generic "Super Strength" powers, against a villain who usually has the same powers, it doesn't offer a lot of variety. I find super strong hero vs super strong hero to be the most boring form of superhero fights because it's basically two unstoppable forces punching each other with barely any damage happening...then one side just loses.

>Captain America looks stupid and should be as tacticool as possible for realism
>Hawkeye should never wear a mask because masks are stupid
>super heroes shouldn't even WEAR COSTUMES in criticism to Scarlet Witch's look

Your 'sycophants' are newfags and/or casuals who don't even into comics (but this site is dA and tumblr's autistic lovechild so they're not far off)

>but both are large muscular villains (like the comics) so the latter one is bad because I said so, also just to make sure you realize how vacuous my argument is I'm going to call you a cuck like every other twelve year old on the internet
... okay.

>clearly stated that both are shit
>also stated Abomination has significantly less excuse makers
>strawman reflex activated

Also, while we're at it: Iron Man 3 > Thor > Thor 2

>Man that is utterly frustrating if that is an actual reason for the lame villains, I hate Hollywood

Like, I'm really baffled why Marvel would have such a great Thanos design, then go with this Vin Diesel looking shit for their actual film. I heard the Russo's reasoning, and I still think it's stupid as fuck! Thanos looked like he was a god before, and now he looks like he's ready to talk about his hot rod.

And it's not like Josh Brolin wears that armor! You CGI it on! Why not have an armored Thanos be seen as the Ultimate threat?!

>Also, while we're at it: Iron Man 3 > Thor > Thor 2

Yeah but that still doesn't make Iron Man 3 good, it just so happens Iron Man is way more entertaining of a character than Thor so it's a given

I'd rather watch a movie about MCU Iron Man doing mundane activities than Thor doing anything exciting

Listen you power level loving faggot, calling Doomsday an iconic villain is straight bullshit. Doomsday barely classifies as a character, he was simply the wall that finally stopped the flying brick that is Superman. He's a boring, 2 dimensional, one hit wonder of a character.

>Your 'sycophants' are newfags and/or casuals who don't even into comics (but this site is dA and tumblr's autistic lovechild so they're not far off)

My sycophants are what they are, the typical MCU fanboy/girl. They probably are everything you said, but that is your typical fan and they exist in droves, much more than DCEU.

>I heard the Russo's reasoning
Which was? I did not hear this. Also my assumption would be that they just don't want to appeal to comic fans, they want to appeal to a broader audience who would find the conventions of comic book staples to be silly, so they keep normalizing and normalizing it into nothing unique at all

Doomsday is nowhere near iconic you stupid fucker. And his portrayal in the DCEU is objectively better than in the comics.

Obv. not, it's mediocre at best. Wholeheartedly agreed btw, although I do have some hope for Ragnarok (doesn't mean I'm full on holding my breath now)

>he was simply the wall that finally stopped the flying brick that is Superman
That alone is cause enough for him to be iconic, albeit in a categorical "just barely made it over the bar kind of way

>objectively better
In concept maybe, although that just brings it back to the fact that the potential of a Zod clone was wasted on "Doomsday but with no spikes, nerfed bone growth ability and heat vision because I guess

forgot to mention

>implying outwriting the archetypical generic doomsday villain is an achievement

>My sycophants are what they are, the typical MCU fanboy/girl

Woah buddy don't cut yourself from the edge.

Plasma cannons. And they usually use spears, daggers, nets... but yeah, they do use the plasma casters when they're in a bind.

The new one, yes.

>Which was? I did not hear this.
That Thanos with a few stones felt so confident that he doesn't need to wear the armor anymore.

Conceptually sound in that Thanos is a hubris-huffin' motherfucker, but still looks dumb as shit.

Exactly. Nobody was going to complain that Thanos had armor on when he had the gems, but visually, Thanos with a bald head is tremendously less threatening.

Oh yeah, well ur just a cuck.

>in arguable the worst hulk film imaginable
Come on now senpai, be sensible.

>Honestly I kind of blame Halo
Oh, no.
It's retarded.

This can't possibly be the same retard who's been on about Predator thinking that those two cybernetic ninjas are based on Predator.

>Thanos with a bald head is tremendously less threatening.

This. He looks like Michael Chiklis

>94624155
>not even (You) worthy

But which one had the dumber origin?

Aside from the head that actually looks semi-bearable by TV standards.

Do you guys think Ed Norton gets annoyed whenever another Marvel Movie gets released?

>This can't possibly be the same retard who's been on about Predator thinking that those two cybernetic ninjas are based on Predator.

They are....just like Raiden was based on the guys in Big Trouble in Little China, Scorpion was based on Ghost Rider, Johnny Cage was based on Bloodsport, and Kano was based on the face in Terminator

Nearly everything in MK was a homage to movies, do you even MK?

Nah, he's the one who left right? IIRC he didn't want to be associated with such pleb films, as he is a true art teest

You're a special kind of retarded. That's the armor design, which is very loose. Nothing to do with the ACTUAL FUCKING ALIEN.

Doubt it
Norton is one of those guys who actually care about the films he's in and is not just in it for the money.
He cares about the art side of it so he gets shit for being hard to work with when he objects to retarded producers ideas

>generic hulking cave troll rip off is such a rip off of my preferred generic hulking cave troll rip off

I'm sure he is happier working for Wes Anderson

trops confirm

>You're a special kind of retarded. That's the armor design, which is very loose. Nothing to do with the ACTUAL FUCKING ALIEN

No, the look of the cyber ninjas was directly influenced by Predator, as was their moves

Do some research

youtube.com/watch?v=_Ec1jRu4TPY

Don't they have Thanos/his go-between or whoever mention them in the opening narration? Something about giving Loki one of their armies?

Abomination looks like an overgrown human, just like Hulk. How does he look reptilian?

Why are we attacking a movie that is around a decade old, and had a smaller budget? Do you even see a sequel being made for The Incredible Hulk? No, because the critical reception was lukewarm. It's a shame WB didn't listen to the critics of BvS, and then continued to let that cuck Snyder go on to direct Justice League. It probably won't be as garbage as BvS. It'll more likely be a blasé unfunny movie like Wonder Woman. The jokes in the trailer already made me cringe. They're so surface-level and vapid.

They talk about it at the beginning and when Loki talks to the Other like midway through the movie. People just don't pay attention.

He was just a testing the waters. More or less a meat tank. Other kaijus became more specialized like shooting acid and emp waves.

You can thank Del Toro for the designs. Something that is sorely missing from the sequel.

To be fair, I think they should just repeat what they did in Phase One. Every post credit scene led up to the Avengers, but the Avengers post credit scene teased Thanos. After Infinity War, I suppose the only real intrigue here would be something monumental like Marvel getting the film rights to the FF or something

>They probably are everything you said, but that is your typical fan and they exist in droves, much more than DCEU.
What a nice fantasy

Maybe because movie Abomination looks heaps better than comics Abomination

Why the fuck is this not a Saturday morning cartoon?

It's robots fighting monsters for fuck sake.

Fight me faggot.

>MCU fanbase almost never defend the low points of their series
Are you MCU fans really this retarded or simply lying to look better?Everyday you retarded marvelfags defend shit like Thor and Iron fist

>fighting
You know action cartoons don't survive in this day and age.

Wrong OP, THAT dooms days was a Bay TMNT template with it's shell removed.
It wasn't even close to the original comics.

>We couldn't even get the correct Luthor.

>the original comics
That phrase means nothing.

>We couldn't even get the correct Luthor
>tfw I will never not be triggered by the phrase Granny's Peach Tea

>almost a 10 year difference between movies
>Incredible Hulk never had much hype to begin with and only a few people out there think its genuinely good
>this was at the beginning of the MCU where budgets were pretty moderate for blockbuster standards
>this wasn't a major studios defacto tentpole movie that was supposed to truly launch a cinematic universe, only existed just see if there was still interest in a Hulk film franchise and help Marvel Studios make just enough money to fund The Avengers, Thor and Captain America were actually planned to be introduced in that movie and not have solos
Gee, OP. Lets really think about this one.