How could they work in the mcu?

How could they work in the mcu?

no

They couldn't because X-Men movies are either completely terrible or really good, and they wouldn't fit into the consistent mediocrity of the MCU

Mutants have existed in secret for decades, hiding in plain sight. There have been scattered incidents, but always treated as urban legends or isolated occurrences, no one ever connecting the dots.

In the early 90's, Charles Xavier meets Erik Lehnsherr, and the two dream of creating a place where mutants can live with others like themselves. However, during this time they find out that an agency of the US government has been taking young mutants after their powers manifest, never to be seen again, and the two speculate that they must be aware of mutants and might be trying to cover up their existence. Erik decides that they must take violent action against them, but Charles adamantly states that if they expose themselves, all the mutants in the world will be in danger. The two separate.

Fast forward to the current day, where Xavier has had his school in operation for ten years, and has a team of "X-Men" formed from his best students (Cyclops, Angel, Beast, Iceman, and Jean Grey), who he uses to track down mutants in hiding and invite them to his school.

Suddenly Magneto and his Brotherhood of Mutants violently attack a military base where an event is being held. They announce to the world that mutants are the coming race and that they will not be denied. They reveal that the US government has been hiding the existence of mutants from the people and that they, too, are afraid of the Homo superior. He urges fellow mutants to come out of hiding and join him.

With a sudden rash of attacks around the US that even the Avengers are too shorthanded to stop all of, Xavier decides it's time for the X-Men to become the public face of mutantkind and sends them out to stop the Brotherhood and Magneto.

Make the brotherhood of mutants like blm

They sound more like the Alt Right. Penning themselves as superior, comfortable using violence and lone wolf tactics and intolerant of outsiders.

something something quips

>How could they work in the mcu?

They can't. In a world that has super intelligence agencies like Shield, there's no way they could exist and gone unnoticed. If they haven't been mentioned or shown before, then it can't happen. This same logic can be applied to Blade as well. The MCU has simply just come too far to be able to fit them.

I guess most kids are too young to know that the X-Men infected intelligence systems at each major agency with a self replicating virus that deletes any information regarding themselves

They wouldn't. There's no way to explain why there are no mutants anywhere on earth and why none have come out in nearly 10 years of the mcu.

The only one that could possibly work would be Wolverine and you couldn't call him a mutant, or explore his past being only an amnesiac secret project. Adding mutants now would be stupid

they couldn't because the whole concept of mutants was literally already used by Agents of SHIELD

>inhumans being followed by everyone
>"LEAVE THEM ALONE, THEY ARE JUST HUMANS!!!! LIKE US!!!!!!"
>some evil inhumans start to kill people
>"We are superior beings!!!"
>government wants to intervene and capture inhumans
>good inhumans hunt the bad inhumans
>redemption

there's no point and I'm glad Disney doesn't get the rights because the whole thing would be a goddamn quipfest, even more than Apocalypse already was

also, would be fucking retarded. inhumans, magic etc are not secrets anymore but mutants are? that would be illogical even for the MCU

They failed to setup a hint of them right from the start.

Although one of the generals cited one of the reason the need to sign the accords is because ever since Tony came out as Ironman there have been increase in some kind of "heroic activities"

It still might work if they make the mutant problem into just a recent event
And make them all teenagers and early 20yr olds.

But it will erase a lot of history of Professor X and Magneto

>It still might work if they make the mutant problem into just a recent event

literally inhumans. there's no way they could fit it in like that because they couldn't use a lot of other mutants (apocalypse, magneto)

>inb4 magneto doesn't need to be a hall of cost survivor

fuck you

>team is 90% white
>working in current year MCU

I got some bad news sweetie

>team is 90% white
>2/10 coloured people
>90%

Magic? Doc strange is still somewhat a secret.
Wanda is needed as "telekinesis"

That movie failed to explain Shields involvement, for sure an agency like that would have known a tibetan kungfu magic school, right?

>AoS and Inhumans
>canon to the MCU

I was thinking more of Iron Fist, Daredevil (iirc), Agents of SHIELD when I was mentioning the magic thing

>for sure an agency like that would have known a tibetan kungfu magic school, right?

well, it is secret and only in one place so that might actually be plausible. the concept of mutants though.... literally thousands of people in hiding and not one crazy retard having shown his powers before is pretty stupid

I know it's bait but does anyone actually believe that? there hasn't been a single interview where this was mentioned and several movies were even mentioned in AoS (the most recent being Civil War/Homecoming if you count the Spider-Man thing in Daredevil)

>Penning themselves as superior, comfortable using violence and lone wolf tactics and intolerant of outsiders.
Yeah, that's BLM.

Does shield knows Iron fist and how magical is it?

Just have mutants start being born.

It wouldn't be hard at all and I feel like Feige would want to start fresh to distance it from FoX-men.

This. Mutants in the MCU aren't the conundrum everyone makes it out to be that needs some alternate universe collision shit to happen.

It's not like there needs to be a million mutants either.

Iron Fist hasn't been mentioned yet but that's probably because IF is not really significant enough to be mentioned in AoS yet. Iron Fist's powers are magic and since the Chinese lady and some other villains know what the origin of his powers are, I assume they also know about magic. rest of the show tries to keep the CGI (magic) almost non-existent so almost no magic at all, just discussions

yeah, let's wait 15 years till the first mutants can be used. also, let's not use Magneto, Prof. X, Wolverine, or whoever the fuck is important

maybe if the x-men were from another dimension that got merged with this dimension like in secret wars

Few mutants in hiding and X-gene starts popping up. Just forget about Inhumans and call it a day.

as retarded as your idea sounds, this is the only version of the x-men/mutants being added that I would actually support. Dr Strange already introduced the multiverse so they don't have to cram everything inside the regular MCU

but that's pretty much what they did to the Inhumans. why do it again just to give literally the same shit with a different name?

This, also wolverine would be a 100 percent comic relief ala Drax because masculinity scares tumblrinas

This is probably the most correct post

You know what I mean shitlord

I'd be pretty okay with this.

user, the movies literally don't care about the tv shows. If they did, Inhumans literally would have been in Civil War. Daredevil would probably get at least a cameo in Infinity War.

As far as Feige and the rest of Marvel Studios is concerned, the tv shows, whether its ABC or Netflix, might as well not exist. The TV shows take from the movies, but the movies NEVER take from the tv show. Notice how no one has ever said, "oh hey Coluson's alive and Shield is still around".

Infinity Gauntlet shenanigans cause the story to move from the current universe the MCU focuses on into a separate universe where mutants exist.

Fuck if I know.

What about Dafne Keen Wolverine?

>not mentioning a blue person in your post

ugh, I am LITERALLY shaking right now!!!! BLUE LIVES MATTER TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

>Inhumans literally would have been in Civil War

no they wouldn't because Civil War was actually "Friends Fight for 10 Minutes"

I know that the movies don't care about the shows but the shows are still part of the same universe (whether you guys want it or not). That way, Disney has to address the shows to the extent that they don't use the same concepts from the shows in their movies.

The MCU Avengers are like 80% white user, with the 2 black guys being Tony and Steve's sidekicks.
Drop the persecution complex.

Because the X-Men are a more popular brand and nobody watches AoS anyway.

How do you figure? It's not like the MCU is averse to recycling shit.

that's why Fox will be able to keep the rights to the X-Men universe and thank god for that. nobody needs another set of generic movies. I'd rather watch the worst of the x-men movies over some okay MCU movie

Again, when the guys running the studio literally ignore and literally don't communicate with the tv guys, that highlights that the continuity is a one way street.

So in regards to this thread, yeah, I seriously doubt Feige would care that there's an Inhumans show if it overlapped in concept with the MCU finally getting the X-men. X-men would immediately be a film franchise, aka not run by Ike, and on top of that, Inhumans looks like its going to be a flop too.

>I'd rather watch the worst of the x-men movies
The worst x-men movies are pretty bad though.

>he actually thinks Last Stand, Apocalypse or fucking Wolverine Origins is better than the bulk of the MCU
fucking lol

maybe you're just a big X-menfag.

Why do you feel the need to state such a generic opinion? Who wants that?
I'd rather read the worst shitpost than your bland run-of-the-mill opinion.

Like side characters in an already bloated universe.
It is good that they are in their own movie universe and it should stay that way.

Yeah, there's no way Feige is going to give AoS/Inhumans any thought when it comes to making an X-Men movie. Marvel Studios just doesn't care.

I'd honestly be surprised if he even watches AoS.

honestly, Origins is bad as fuck but still entertaining to some degree. also, the fact that the Deadpool movie exists makes it much more enjoyable in the overall universe it's set in

maybe I am an X-Men fag. like I mentioned before though, Fox using Days of Future Past and Deadpool makes Last Stand and Origins better in my eyes since most people complained about Deadpool being mishandled (and admittedly the dogshit-tier CGI) in Origins and the killings of Prof X, Jean, and Cyclops in Last Stand (at least I did)

Just make tesseract radiation the cause of mutation. Parents exposed have children that are mutants. Similar to children of the atom, which can still be the case in smaller amounts. The tesseract helps heighten the issue. The portal opening above NY creates more mutants in its wake. Obviously that means no mutants till about 2023 or so, that'd work out for the films slated anyway, it could still work. As some pop up, magnetos family could still be tied to WWII because of tesseract gamma shenanigans.

Am I tripping or is drax just a grey warpath?

You could go kinda the reverse route and have mutants only start occurring now post-infinity War pt.2, using newer mutants as the main cast and slowly introducing the O5 over the course of the movies. You could even have wolverine being a young guy that doesn't age with the rest of the cast and serve as a kind of "permanent" character like Sam Coulson was, so that if Marvel hits hard enough times to go the 2099 route, there's an instant broody character that audiences are already familiar with.

Black people love Wolverine.

What kind of people doesn't love Wolverine?

>All minorities are SJWs
This will only be the case so long as Sup Forums and stormfaggots lack the self control to stop making functioning people hate them

It is? Was it BLM who drove a car into a crowd of protesters at full speed? Because the driver looked White to me. Odd. Where are all these acts of violence committed by BLM by the way. I only see them ever protesting or blocking traffic.

I'm a minority and I'm not a SJW at all. only retards try to justify retarded actions by other people (whether they are minorities or not). I feel like it's racist to actually act like minorities are special and deserve being treated differently due to that

The team can be 10% white if they want: Storm, Forge, Bishop, Jubilee, Warpath, Sunspot, Sunfire, Armor, Karma, X23, Rictor .... and add 2 or 3 blue characters Beast, Mystique and Nightcrawler and you can even add some social bullshit in Genosha with mutant slaves

I'm black and I hate having to denounce SJWs because every other idiot on the internet likes making sweeping generalizations

If they wanted to keep the Xmen/Avengers communities semi-separate, they could have the x-men started off as some Shield-based school for mutants that helps mutants, but tries to steer the best and brightest towards a kind of weapon x program.

Or if synergy is what they're wanting, have it start off as Avengers Academy and have it fracture later.

This sounds like it'd fit pretty well. I'd be interested in your thoughts on how Department H/Weapon Plus would fit in.

same, sure is fun having to deal with the consequences of of winglets getting pawned

Which one is supposed to be "really good"?

X2 and Dofp but are good also first class, Logan an Deadpool

I don't think unemployment is a problem in the MCU (unless you are the Vulture)

Then why the constant torso shots?