Who was in the wrong?

Who was in the wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Samaritan_law#Consent
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Buddy for not listening to his elders.

>Guy trying to do his job and not endanger a kid
>Obnoxious little shit that won't listen to others and has a massive victim-complex whom also grows up to be a literal criminal mastermind

Gee, I wonder.

>I can't let a child put himself in harms way
>Every superhero needs to die for this perceived slight I received when i was 12

why did you make this thread?

Buddy's parents.

>deciding to kill somebody because they nicely asked you to leave them alone

Mister Incredible was too harsh.

Who was in the wrong here?

Literally the only way Buddy could have been remotely right is if he became a villain just to force Mr. Incredible out of retirement.

>too harsh
It was implied Buddy's done it several times before the incident, obviously he's gonna start getting frustrated.

All transhuman beings are a threat to human existence. I have no desire to be the victim of post-human “deliverance,” and I never will. The mere certainty of these false idols rescuing people without their consent is a violation of human rights. If you expect me to grovel at the presence of a metahuman and lower myself by acknowledging their unnatural existence, then you are sorely mistaken. These civilians are hostages marveling at the cruel treatment offered by their subjugators, worshiping these inhumane entities. While I see the true corruption that flourishes within this “sinless saviour" community, and have no inclination in associating with these soulless monstrosities.

Those buildings clearly insulted aku's mother

I hope Bomb Voyage got the fucking chair

you. for posting a shit thread.

Ah well I haven't watched the movie in a while

Now that would be an interesting plot

He later gave up his life of crime and is living incognito as a mime. You see him briefly in Up! during the house takeoff scene.

Buddy probably had issues that extended to his home and school life, and even though Mr. Incredible wasn't particularly nice to him, it wasn't his obligation to be. Especially with this implication Buddy's somewhat relatable, and seeing him as a kid before he lost his trust in superheroes can make you feel sorry for him, but he certainly wasn't in the right.

God damn the Glory Days scenes are so comfy, they should do a movie based only on the Glory Days

The only way I think Bob could have handled things better was to explain to Buddy that he was too young to fight crime and it's nothing to do with his lack of powers. That probably wouldn't stop him anyway.

What is Wily actually doing in these games? Is he terrorizing people or antagonizing Megaman and Light in particular? Because robots aren't people

Neither, if Mr incredible hadn't been so mean to him, buddy wouldn't have become a super villain which wouldn't have gotten Mr incredible out of his depression and allowed supers back into society.

no, who was in the wrong here? Aren't you
obliged to help someone trying to kill themselves?

Syndrome plz

>that he was too young to fight crime and it's nothing to do with his lack of powers.
I mean...the Parr kids become superheroes later so

Buddy for not listening and putting himself in danger
Bob for the poor choice of words, then again he had a stressful day.

Shit, how did a Marvel civilian get out of the comic book? Put him back, put him back!

>t. Lex Luthor

I wish they animated more of the hero interviews. You can listen to a bunch on the dvd.
>Man with optic blast power doesn't keep eye contact with people for fear of burning a hole through their head. His social and dating life suffers from it.
>Man with telescopic and microscopic vision is a germaphobe because he can actually see the germs on everything.

>Mr. Incredible takes Buddy under his wing just before the Super Lawsuits hit
>Trains him up to be the best of the best, the first ever Super without powers (super intelligence doesn't count for some reason)
Mr. I hangs up his mask as the government tells him, Buddy is left feeling robbed of the chance to show the world how good he could be and angry at how they discarded his hero for something so petty and selfish
>Becomes rich and powerful with his inventions to change the world for the better, hoping to bring about a renaissance of superhumanity, increasing the natural population of supers, ACTUALLY ensuring everyone can be super, not just the highest bidder
>He fails
>Becomes convinced that adversity breeds strength, in the conflict-less vacuum of a world without heroes and villains the super gene cannot flourish
>Fueled by the collapse of his dreams and the pent up bitterness of being denied his own chance to shine as a good guy, he resolves to become the worst villain of all, the ultimate adversary necessary so that superheroes can return and will continue to be needed
>"Why did I do it sir? Why did I let you down, why did I break every rule you ever taught me? Because the world will ALWAYS need Mr. Incredible. And one way or another, you will be there to protect it. I'll make sure of that."

>takes out a jolteon with a thunderbolt from a fucking rhyhorn

He has blown up several buildings, kidnapped people, and even caused an international incident once.

Only because it was a life and death situation and can probably only do it later under supervision. I don't know if there's mention of child heroes in the glory days.

If that man actually wanted to die he would have walked back up and jumped off again

>openly show suicide and trial for stopping a suicide
>actual guns instead of the usual lazer guns
>dozens of deaths played for laughs with capes and then not with drama
>a fucking skeleton is a key plot point
Pixar was seriously pushing it, and it shows how masterful they are/were because despite all that the movie is completely COMFY viewing.

He would have been fine.
Look at Batman and his Robins. They're all great. At worst one of them had to learn the hard way that crowbars just build character.

yeah but this is the incredibles world, if that kid died in a battle a lot of shit would have happened to heroes and everyone would blame Mr.Incredible.

This plot always bugged me. Maybe it made more sense back in the day for that to happen, but all I can think of is how today police off for doing a lot worse than what the supers were doing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that every cop is doing shady stuff, but I'd imagine that any good lawyer would be able make a better case for the supers.

At the very least, make a law that forces supers to have to go through police academy training, and carry a badge, or something. Not outright banning them.

I believe the original game was that he felt slighted that Light received all the credit for making the first 6 Robot Masters and believed he was unfairly represented, so tinkered the robots to put them into crazy mode to have revenge and also to ruin Light.

Second game, he shows that he can make superior Robot Masters and starts to build his own from this point on (The exception being MM9 when he once again takes over 8 of Light's newer creations). From that point on, I think he just likes being evil so just gets more and more crazy in his schemes, doing anything as long as he knows it will destroy Megaman and ruin Dr Light in the process.

He wants to take over the world with a robot army.

In the Mega Man classic games, the canon is that robots have a form of free will; they can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't violate the Three Laws (provided that they haven't been reprogrammed).

After X was discovered 100 years later, robots with actual free will were developed.

The society by not regulating the superhero thing better.

Why did the principle not believe this guy?
It's not as though everybody suddenly forgot that supers existed. I'm sure every once in a while a random kid would start developing super powers, and they have some kind of protocol for that. Did the teacher just never consider the possibility that Dash had some kind of Mind Powers?

AC Moore for charging Genndy so much on supplies.

If it turns out that Yellow had no part in any kind of conspiracy, then her actions are entirely unjustifiable. However, character motivation isn't one of SU's strong suits.

Attemptif suicide is a crime, so he should really have no legal standing in this.

Buddy hands down. For one you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped. Two he's a kid. Mr. Incredible works alone and if anything happened to Buddy, a kid, it would reflect very poorly on him. Had he refined his tech, practices with it, and tried again when he was an adult bob may have considered taking him under his wing and training him officially.

It does strike up the question of where new generations of supers went. Obviously the kids of surviving ones would know to keep undercover like the Parrs but why haven't new supers showed up? What created them?

why didn't any heroes turn to the evil side? some powerful guy out there would be angry about the hero ban and go fuck shit up i'm sure

Incredibles should have gotten a tv series to expand their universe, i hope the sequel does a good job at that and doesn't turn into a watered down copy of the og like all the other pixar movies today

Maybe because outing a kid as a super for a harmless prank on a teacher who's a known dick would be cruel to his entire family forcing them to up and move again and get new identities for who knows how many times?

Personally I think she's either trying to cover it up or just get Blue to drop it because she's afraid.

You, for watching such a shitty show.

Well the supers were a system to deal with things non legally where possible. Now law enforcement would just go straight for lethal force. Before it would be "hey Mr. Incredible is nearly invulnerable, let's let him talks care of this bomber" and now it would be the SOP to call in snipers and choppers and shoot on sight.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the creators basically said the cops just shoot superhuman criminals on sight now.
Remember that people with Mr. Incredible's durability are pretty rare in universe (he's the only tough strongman type we see) and and even he's only in the range of "pretty tough", not "no-sells bullets"

are you implying that the principle was in on it?

Willy was the hero all along

BUT THATS JUST A THEORY

This.

The gods for forgetting about the chunk of primordial evil that became Aku for over 65 million years.
And also the alchemists/shamans for Jack's dad for mixing up their "destroy the ancient evil" and "awaken the ancient evil" potion recipes.

That's what I'm afraid of though. Steven Universe consistently has times when a character will do something out of pure emotion for problems that any normal person would be able to think of a better solution for in the same amount of time.

>Superman saves small child
>Child screeches "REEEE YOU VIOLATED THE NAP!" and shoots him with a kryptonite-laced shotgun

Maybe this could be true, but really the movie doesn't take a deep look on Boddy's characters, the movie just let us think that he became a superhero-hating villian because how Mr. Incredible treated him, but it could be a possible cause that life issues.

The government, for banning supers.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Samaritan_law#Consent
This case makes sense for the 70s, but under laws passed since the late 90s, Mr. Incredible can't be held at fault, as a man trying to kill himself would likely be deemed "mentally unfit to make decisions regarding his or her safety" and thus consent to the assistance is not required.

The entire plot hinges on the citizens of the incredibles universe to be marvel tier in their hate for people helping them but at the same time they hold way more power than any single cop does so if the public doesn't believe they're doing their job properly I guess it's easier to do away with them than law enforcement as a whole.

I think the big issue I have with it that Mr. Incredible SHOULD have accidentally caused harm to a citizen who wasn't suicidal (not that the fact he was trying to put himself in harms way really mattered) by being distracted. It opens up a door into "the public can't trust them 100% so fuck all of them forever" rather than what felt like a lot of greedy people suing over dumb shit and then lmao no supes.

I'm implying the principal doesn't like the teacher to begin with and if he suspected he wouldn't say anything without REAL evidence less he get sued.

>(The exception being MM9 when he once again takes over 8 of Light's newer creations)
Nah, 2, 5, 7, and 8 are the only classic series games where the robots were Wily's doing. In the other games, he tricked Light into co-producing new robots, blackmailed a foreign scientist into building them, and held a fake tournament to gather the world's strongest robots so he could reprogram them. In 10, the robot masters are just random malfunctioning robots (although Wily's the one making them go crazy, that wasn't really his goal).

It is headcanon but I always thought the protocol may actually be the principal calling the brainwashing squad on the teacher.

What I never got about Incredibles is where the villains went when the supers all stepped down. Surely they wouldn't have cared about the law.

syndrome for being an equality of outcome commie shitstain

They were shot, user. Generally they allowed Supers to go after villains cause it was safer than cops being put in danger. No more supers and it's deemed better to shoot villains on sight.

>Being an asshole to a brave and kindhearted boy

Bob is a cunt

Key difference is that Deku realises he has to train and earn his right to become a hero. If he just put on a suit and constantly stalked All Might pretending to be his sidekick, it would have gone the same way as Buddy and Bob.

>he has to train and earn his right to become a hero
No some dude literally gave him THE big dick power, he don't NEED to do shit.

way I always saw it, the only reason that case didn't get immediately thrown out was because of all the bad vibes toward Mr Incredible due to the Train incident

so it'd be interesting to see an alternate world where due to Buddy not showing up when Mr Incredible confronts Bomb Voyage(let's say Buddy's Rocket Boots malfunctioned between his previous appearance and that scene and ended up hospitalizing him enough that he doesn't bug Mr Incredible again for a good long while), Bob easily stops Bomb Voyage, and due to there being no train wreck, the suicide lawsuit goes nowhere, and thus without it opening the floodgates the Golden Age of Supers never ends

skip forward to the time that rest of the movie occurs and things would probably be looking pretty different...

MatPat can go fuck himself with a burning iron rod

He literally needed to train 24/7 until his body could even handle the big dick power being in his body. Then afterwards he couldn't use it without constantly breaking his bones.

>he don't NEED to do shit.
Deku had to train for about a or a few months by cleaning a beach before All Might Gave him One for All. All Might even gave him eating suggestions that Deku followed.
Other wise his body would over exploded like an egg in a microwave on the first use.
All Might was getting his body ready

Buddy was more Bakugo than Deku though.
Hell even Bakugo is a better person than Buddy.

this right here

Besides needing to get swole in months just to inherit that power and still being unable to use it without damaging himself, having a power is only part of the hero training.

But yeah, I wished the editor allowed Hiro to keep Deku quirkless. The concept was a lot more interesting.

By killing all of the other retired heroes?

>that he was too young to fight crime and it's nothing to do with his lack of powers
And then he goes and gets himself killed while trying to fight a supervillain?

>Buddy
>Brave and kind

He was an attentionwhore and a prick

>Then afterwards he couldn't use it without constantly breaking his bones.
Literally doesn't matter when the power of the school nurse allowes her to fix him. The only time this gets brought up in a meaningful way is when Eraserhead tells him how superheroes can't go around breaking their bones (which he does, anyway, so it's a moot point).

The nurse only speeds up natural recovery. She can only do it so many times before it threatens someone's life to use her power on them. Deku is at that point already. She has literally refused to heal him because he was stupid enough to break his bones.

>Dis nigga

There's harassing a hero on the job with your stupid toys.

And then there's spending a year working out, eating healthy, and cleaning up an entire dumping ground of a beach solo.

Reading is a marvellous thing.

>fighting for freedom
>evil

Anytime someone on this board says "I can really relate to this character!" 9 times out of 10 that character will be the one in the wrong.

Seriously man, you should read the manga again or something. He's already done permanent damage to himself from pushing his power too far.

She and other doctors have even told him that if he keeps it up with the bone breaking he's gonna lose the use of his arms.
His hands are already fucked up with scars and there's a reason he started using is legs.

Yeah, that happened 2 arcs ago. He uses his arms on the very first, and so far only, fight he gets into after that

Well eventually he would get to the point he doesn't need to worry about it. If he could train properly over a couple years or so. Circumstance will not allow this. Him using his arms again is after a rest and I wouldn't be surprised if he has nerve damage.

Wasnt it bobs wedding? Is be pissed too if some kid is delaying me

True. He was late and had a lot of things happening all at once. He just snapped.

I mean, I'm sure Hori will remember it at some point, but in that span of time he's used OfA twice, and one of those involves him punching down concrete walls. It may come up now for dramatic effect, but I'm a bit tired of him jobbing SO FUCKING HARD every time he gets into any sort of altercation this year, so I half hope it doesn't