South Park 20th anniversary celebration

In just a few minutes from my time of posting, South Park will officially be 20 years old.

Anybody want to discuss this milestone, hopes/expectations for future seasons, or the show in general?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hP5k0rZ1ZbE
youtube.com/watch?v=jwW2nyLnmSw
youtube.com/watch?v=O9RZWzarcLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BvNtGlBVihg
youtube.com/watch?v=uOCK3yRNM1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Season 3-8 are the best seasons.

I'm just posting this so no one else has to.

Funnily enough, the same goes for The Simpsons.

Hope they drop the serialization.

Yeah yeah, it makes it easier. Theres still too much that can go wrong.

Honestly i don't mind the idea of having arcs, the issue is that this last season did it at the expense of basically reducing individual episode plots to the point that when i try to remember i can't remember any without cheating despite it being the latest season, and the fact that the "season" plots got insanely dragged out to the point the basically progressed at a snails pace didn't help. Season 20 was a disaster even before the election derailed it completely.

I mean, Episodes from Kenny Dies to Ladder to Heaven were basically a "Season Arc" and was fine. and multiparters have also generally been well received, and people like them the occasional CONTINUITY.

Yeah, definitely. Alot of episodes were very (VERY) low on jokes, simply because it just moved the story along.

Blows my mind. My mom's then-boyfriend had cable and would record episodes for me and let me watch them in secret when my mom worked late. I miss him.

I myself was 7 then just like the boys and it blew my mind a little seeing characters my age swearing so much. I've watched every episode of every season ever since and I can hardly wrap my mind around the fact that it's been on the air for 20. goddamn. years. South Park. 20 years. Holy shit.

I'm about the same age as you and South Park was like this forbidden treasure that I wasn't allowed to watch but would sneak and watch it when everyone else was asleep, or sometimes my older brother would let me watch it with him without our mom knowing. It was pretty special just because it was probably my first time seeing a cartoon as naughty and forbidden as it - The Simpsons didn't even come close.

The early seasons of South Park also had this inexplicable charm to them that was lost later on. The show was a lot weirder and more surreal, it's hard to explain.

They are next season. The creators also talked about recently about returning to the boys being boys again next season.

Good.

Question: how long do you think it'll go for? Will we see Season 30?

South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut is pure kino, best adult cartoon movie of all time

Favorite episode?
>rainforest schmainforest

Faith Hilling.

The honest answer is that it will continue until Matt and Trey are tired of it. My guess is around 5-7 years from now, but I guess they could do it till they drop dead from it.

There's not much competition there. I'm still mad the Drawn Together movie was so shit.

Cartman joins NAMBLA or Majorine

Should have died years ago.

Ew, you guys have terrible tastes.

I'll just give you a hint to mine.
There's a place called the Rainforest that really sucks Ass.

Didn't one of them already basically get tired and is only hanging in because of the other?

What's yours?

I admit it might not be the best one, but I have never laughed as hard as I did, either before or since, when I saw that talking cat.

Well, it is "Episode" so "Bigger,Longer and Uncut" doesn't qualify since you know, Movie, Not episode.

Yeah, Matt does most of the work, but Trey is still half of the voice cast, so if he really wanted to quit, the show would just die.

201 uncensored

I was first introduced to South Park when my parents bought the N64 game, as they were looking for something mature to play on the system. I got my young little hands on it and enjoyed all the bleeped swear words, lol. We never knew South Park was a TV show before then.

Been a big South Park fan ever since.

this music was part of my childhood
youtube.com/watch?v=hP5k0rZ1ZbE

Some serialization is fine.
For example, what was it...Two seasons ago? There was one episode where they were going crazy over Gluten, and then in the next Episode Randy is drinking a beer and states "Don't worry, it's Gluten free".

I don't mind when they have little shit like that linking episodes in a season together, but last season was just too damn much. Especially with the election sub-plot.

Good thread. South park is great, its had some rocky episodes but its very quotable and hilarious, glad ive grown up with it around. When it first started i was in elementary school and i had one friend who was allowed to watch it

Yeah, season 19 hit that balance: a story arrc, but each episode was still good enough to stand alone.

I remember watching one episode back in '99 when I was seven, but playing the N64 game more. In 2002, I got cable and my ten year-old self was blown away by it. Butters' chinballs was the first episode I saw. Mom hated it, of course. When I saw the movie, I really loved it. Since then, it's been in my life as much as The Simpsons. My favorite episode, I can't say. I'd have to watch the entire series to really pinpoint it. But I'd wager that Season 4/5 had some strong ones.

Turned 26 Thursday.

>Rainforest Schmainforest
My nigga. Cartman was hilarious in that one.
youtube.com/watch?v=jwW2nyLnmSw

Rainforest Schmainforest was a god tier episode. I think all of the boys were at their best that episode.
Personally my favorites are Cartman Joins NAMBLA, Le Petite Tourette, The Passion of the Jew, Tweek VS Craig, The Succubus, and The Coon Trilogy.

If they end the series, they need to got out with a bang with a bigger, longer, uncut sequel that also acts as the series finale. No censors to keep in mind of and such.

Matt and Trey said if they ever decide to end the series, it's probably gonna be very anticlimatic.

“I think it’s going to end with a fizzle, for sure,” Parker said, laughing. “I think it’s just going to end with some dud, and we’re gonna go, ‘F— this, man,’ and walk away.”

“Some sort of whimper,” Stone added. “Either drop the mic, get sued, get thrown off television — something like that.”

“Yeah, we’ve thought that for 18 years,” Parker said. “We’re like, ‘OK, well, they’re going to cancel us, for sure!’ We’ve been waiting to get canceled for 18 f—ing years.”

CHINPOKOMON

>Free Wilzyx nowhere to be seen

Come on now

Season 20 was a shitshow because they were riding on Hilary winning

this

but funny thing too, i wonder what CC will do
the show has been my big draw at the beginning and kept me around for 20 years, i watched some stuff, but other than daily show since 1999 or so, i don't watch ANYTHING else on the network, so CC will probably lose me when the show ends.

man, same with TT Go, what would CN do without their show that fills 99% of the schedule for the week?

Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers

That was way back, when their biggest fear was being canned because of controversy, when South Park was the edgiest thing in television. I think they have gone way past that now, cartoon have more leeway to not only be edgy but also political without consequences. I can't imagine an episode that would get them off the air today.

I think they are more likely to send of South Park on their own terms now.

This.
The first 3 to 4 seasons are drastically different from the rest of the series. They were more a surreal comedy that managed to be both lowbrow and witty at the same time. Once the focus turned to satire it lost a lot of it's charm. Granted there are still many fantastic episodes from later seasons (Good Times with Weapons, Proper Condom Use), but the fact that it relies so heavily on current events leaves the majority of the show to be horribly dated. I'd have more to say, but I don't want to turn this into a blogpost.

I'd like the very last episode to be hand cut and animated like the first one was.

>They were more a surreal comedy that managed to be both lowbrow and witty at the same time.
So, Peanuts? That's what the premise of the show was originally, an adult Peanuts.

Season 2 is better than season 6.

Either Cartman Joins NAMBLA or With Apologies to Jesse Jackson.

Towelie, It was also the episode that introduced me to the series.

A fan favorite but Make Love Not Warcraft.

For years my buddy and Is call-response has been he whistles two tones and I reply with the jakovosaurus gooWOP

youtube.com/watch?v=O9RZWzarcLQ

youtube.com/watch?v=BvNtGlBVihg

Yeah, I always got that impression too, but it worked.

>I can't imagine an episode that would get them off the air today.
201 unedited

>That feel when I got Hulu literally just to have SP on in the background

I don't know why I'm totally fine with South Park being 20 year weirded out that King of the Hill is. Hell King of the Hill is actually half a year older than South Park.

>adult Peanuts
Speaking of that youtube.com/watch?v=uOCK3yRNM1s

1-7 are the best (seriously what's with people crapping on early seasons of great shows like south park and simpsons)
8-9 are okey
10+ are cancer shit
The last 2 seasons surpassed shit and became super shit

>surreal
I miss the surreal and creepiness of early seasons
I miss the different humour aswell

I like how modern South Park feels, it's much sunnier/warmer and cleaner compared to the old snowy stuff

>lucy with visible bloomers getting humped by snoopy

holy fuck this is lewd