Current cut of the movie called "unwatchable"

>current cut of the movie called "unwatchable"
>Whedon reported to be extensively reworking Snyder's stuff

Should we be worried?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13701747
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Whedon is trying to save this dumpster fire.

So the bastard child of Age of Ultron and BvS. No thanks.

tv doesn't think so.

Sup Forums worships Michael Bay, thinks BvS is the greatest movie ever, and unirionically likes the Star Wars prequels.

Nothing they say should be taken seriously.

>Unwatchable
So it's a masterpiece that the suits don't understand the appeal of?

Rumors say original cut ended on a cliffhanger with Darkseid's arrival. Whedon hated it, as he hates Empire Strikes Back

What if I hate Michael Bay, think BvS was just ok, and unironically like the Star Wars prequels?

Well, you're better than Sup Forums, but that isn't anything to brag about.

I heard Whedon is changing the ending, making it more of a story of the League vs Steppenwolf and less of a set-up for Darkseid

but that's a "reported rumor" type story so I don't know what to believe

So, what makes DC movies different from Marvel movies now? They have the same directors, the same CGI studios, the same artists.

Based on reports, Whedon is

>Adding more humor.
>Adding more character interactions.
>Reworking Cyborg's characterization.
>Changing the ending.

Good. Whedon is a smart man. The movie should stand on it's own instead of being an advertisement for the next one.

Age of Ultron, Iron Man 2, BvS, and TASM2 all suffered from trying to be advertisements for other films

All these rumors are fucking retarded. All Whedon did was oversee reshoots, reshoots that were already decided before he was hired.

Snyder already has a script, an editor and a director of photography. Whedon isn't recutting the movie, he's not reworking the script, and the look of the movie comes from the director of photography, not Whedon.

All these rumors are completely made up projections trying to make a bigger deal out of Whedon's hiring than it actually is. The biggest thing a director on a big budget movie does is hire and oversee the staff, and here the staff is already there.

It's cute that you actually believe that.

I agree. Movies that take place in cinematic universes need to learn to make their movies standalone rather than setups. The Mummy should have been standalone rather than setting up the Dark Universe. At least MoS was standalone for it's first entry in the DCEU.

>I heard Whedon is changing the ending, making it more of a story of the League vs Steppenwolf and less of a set-up for Darkseid

That's dumb as hell but I can totally believe Snyder would do that. Yes, that makes perfect sense. So, then, not only would Justice League 1 end on a pointless cliffhanger, it would ALSO completely blow the DCEU's Darkseid load after only the barest possible buildup one and a half movies prior. Yes, that sounds exactly like the sort of fuckery Snyder would get up to.

Affleck said Whedon's shit is noticeably different than Hack Snyder

why are they having such a hard time?

why is it all going wrong?

they've got the biggest, most well known superheros in all of pop culture and they can't do anything but shit the bed

why

WHY

>Reworking Cyborg's characterization.

I hope this means adding more "booyah"

Only if you think DC has a chance at putting out a watchable movie.

That's literally an unconfirmed rumor.

This barrage of DCEU clickbait is pathetic. It's like there's a quota for their to bad news about that franchise every week and from the shittiest sources.

I don't trust any of these "insider sources" seeing how they fail to report that Synder left the project till it was already announced.

I know right? Snyder had to make a statement that he was leaving so "insiders" wouldn't come up with an agenda behind his departure.

The fucking crew said that they are changing Cyborg.

If the plot is the "we need to travel the globe finding pieces of the motherbox" bullshit then there is no way to salvage any of it. That's some Michael Bay TMNT plot bullshit.

>implying
The current cut IS Whedon's cut.

Ome of the changes Whedon made was putting the cliffhanger in.

There's only so much you can do to salvage a Snyder film. It probably has more convoluted bloat than BvS.

Look, it doesn't matter if the movie is unwatchable or not. The actual quality of the movie won't change the volume or fervency of its defense.

To be fair the third one is actually better than Return of Jedi.

Ahahahahahaha

I feel you, bro. I grew up with these characters, and for years I've been waiting for a DC cinematic universe. Now four films in, and all I feel is ambivalence. WW was good, but 1/4 is not a great track record.

Seriously, I like Marvel and all - but they have shitty villains (with a few exceptions) and way fewer iconic characters and story lines, yet for some reason WB/DC can't get their shit together. It's almost unbelievable.

I'm gonna have to strongly disagree on that one. ROTJ was weak outside of the Luke/Vader stuff, but still far better than any of the prequels. ROTS was only somewhat better than the two dumpster fires that came before it. But to each their own, I guess.

On the contrary, there seems to be an inverse relationship between the quality of a Zack Snyder movie and the level of craziness in the defense it inspires. Like, for example, have you ever seen the sorts of people that defend Sucker Punch? They are fucking unhinged, it's amazing.

Less actually.
The Snyder version trailer had a peppy Cyborg
The newest one by Whedon had Cyborg talking like an autist to Alfred

>pointless cliffhanger, it would ALSO completely blow the DCEU's Darkseid load after only the barest possible buildup one and a half movies prior. Yes, that sounds exactly like the sort of fuckery Snyder would get up to.
I want to be constantly teased and be disinterested when he finally arrives

I know this is a popular opinion about Prequel apologists but I have to disagree.
RotS is terrible through and through.
The dialogue is just utterly atrocious and things just happen to make cool things appear on screen.
The only scene that really works for me is the Order 66 scene

> more quips

ROTS is only worth seeing to watch Ian McDiermid devour the scenery in the last third of the movie.

You got a source on that? Because reports say the exact opposite

I'm curious.
strawpoll.me/13701747

Oh yes
If you watch it to enjoy Ian McDiarmid ham it the fuck up and love it, then yeah, it's great
Watch the opera scene and count how many times he turns his head to dramatically reveal something. He just keeps doing it.

But yeah, unless you're making fun of it, it's not very enjoyable

>Latest DCEU movie starts getting tons of clickbait articles about how it's all a disaster
>Should we be worried?

No. Judge the movie by its own merits, not by what some fucking Hollywood gossip site claims with no verifiable evidence. If anything, I'd be more concerned with whether or not Whedon's reshoots will ruin the movie.

Sup Forums how would you start the DCEU if you were in charge? Would you do a Superman movie? A Batman movie? And how would the JL roster under your vision

Whedon.
Snyder is absolutely terrible at plotting out a whole movie on his own, but he's the best at making single scenes into visually stunning vignettes.

Hey Marvel Intern, your weekday counterpart already tried this and just got himself banned.

Don't you faggots ever read your inter-office memos?

Well last time we have fake news about this movie they were debunked within 24 hours, so no, you shouldn't

>Wonder Woman is a mess

Don't even try it, these guys will believe whatever they want to believe, especially after wonder woman crushing most of the MCU

>Mimic Marvel
>Quips everywhere
>Fifteen movies before Justice League
>Nothing really matters because they just build up to the next movie, even status quo changes don't really add anything since it's just superficial change
>Did I mention quips?

>Should we be worried?

When the hell weren't you?

its going to be jump cutted to hell just like b vs s
dc cant edit for shit and they always pick shit directors at first and have to re shoot the entire movie

You know they said the same things about wonder Woman
I remember all the fucking morons on this board and over on Sup Forums talking shit about wonder woman because some """intern""" claimed that "wonder woman is a disaster" and "complete mess"

While I don't think this movie is going to be 10/10 fantastic, I don't see it being it being Suicide Squad tier terrible. A conservative estimate is probably Avengers 2 tier, minus all the quips

Recall me again when was the last time Cyborg had any characterization, beside football memes and pizza?

DC has the memes.

No. Precisely becasue
>Whedon reported to be extensively reworking Snyder's stuff
He and Johns are the only way this movie is any good.

It needs some rocket robots on semis. Maybe Anita should give some advice?

>Snyderfags still in full denial
Sad really.

>they've got the biggest, most well known superheros in all of pop culture and they can't do anything but shit the bed
They're not using them though.
They're using shitty remakes of them.
People want classic charming Superman. They're given a brooding whining "realistic" deconstruction man.
And yeah, some contrarians here are gonna say that's valid take on the character.
They're gonna say that it's completely reasonable to have a version of the DC Universe that's somber and serious and where victories are tainted with compromise to reflect the grey and ambiguous nature of our real world..
And guess what?
They're right.
That is a valid take.
It 100% is.

But being valid isn't the same as being good.
Simply being valid isn't enough to win people over. It was never going to be, it never will be, and what's more, it never should be.

I feel like there's a difference between the two, though, and that's mostly pic related. Despite all the rumors, Patty Jenkins was kind of an unknown quantity, and so there was no telling just what her movie would be like until it was out. On the other hand, we KNOW what it looks like when Snyder tries to make a DC movie. We have two examples of them. I think some of the worry is justified. And even if you're like and have faith in Whedon, there's still the very real danger that the end product is a horrible Frankenstein, a disjointed patchwork of a movie that's not really Whedon, not really Snyder, and somehow worse than either of them could do by themselves.

didn't they also come up with brap-posting?

You're also forgetting the obvious.
People thought Wonder Woman was going to be shit because up until its release it looked like it was going to be done in the vein of the rest of Snyder's DCEU. Nobody seriously thought they'd soft retcon the "Wonder Woman turns her back on humanity" part, for example, because the movie had to work as a prequel to BvS.
Wonder Woman ended up being a surprise hit largely because it followed what DCEU fags consistently deride as "formula". Because, you know, NOT depressing your audience is actually a good way to get ahead.

>somehow worse than either of them could do by themselves.
I find it very hard to believe that it could be worse than BvS.

People also threw in a lot of utterly irrelevant shit into their reasons why it'd fail too
Like Diana's body type. Now there was a complaint that got old before BvS even came out.

And it's depressing to see that formula giving what people what want: a mediocre movie with flashy visuals and little actual substance.

Of course I'm worried, it's not like this is like the 500 instance of fake news surrounding this franchise, like the fake news about Affleck leaving hours before the DCEU panel in SDCC. I think this time it's over for DC

On the one hand, I actually loved Wonder Woman and do in fact feel like it had some substance.

On the other hand, it really does need to be stressed that these movies are about comic book superheroes. If I want to watch a complex movie that disturbs me and makes me question my previously held assumptions, I'll go watch, like, The Pianist or something. That's not why I go to matinees in the summer.

god damn man

every criticism of DC has to be met with "S-SH-SHUT UP FUCKING MARVEL REEEEE"

And the sad part is, Marvel doesn't even have to be competitive because DC is just continuously shooting themselves in the foot and then bringing back Snyder to shit it up once more.

Hey it works for the MCU!

not Faraci source so it's nothing but fake news

You don't really have anything to go on with your "criticism" since you haven't seen the movie and basing your whole argument on the Janitor over hearing a conversation or some shit.

The old "My friend'd dad works at EA" nonsense that you see console warriors use.
I mean it worked so well with Wonder Woman right? Remember the shit show that was. You dumbasses never learn, you have the fucking memories of goldfish

Go to bed Mr. President

as opposed to a terrible movie with shit visuals and no actual substance like BvS?

>On the other hand, it really does need to be stressed that these movies are about comic book superheroes

God forbid we ever dare to do more with the genre when we can just churn out brainless action comedies.

There exist worse CBM than BvS, so its certainly imaginable.

>you have the fucking memories of goldfish
That's what screencaps are for

>you haven't seen the movie

I saw Zack Snyder's previous suckfest, and that's all I need to see

expecting him to do a 180 and suddenly pull off an enjoyable movie is expecting too much

I'm sure before Whedon came aboard, he probably had something like a scene of Steppenwolf shitting on Batman's doorstep and then murdering Alfred with a bomb, followed by a commercial for Justice League 2

are you a complete idiot or just addicted to shitposting

I mean, we've been through this quite a few times and MCU fanboys consistently proved themselves to be the dumbest, worst fanbase ever and that's the only reason this clickbait fake news articles even exist, because they bring the clicks from these people

You know, more than being good or bad or any level of quality, BvS is just fucking WEIRD. It's a deeply strange movie with lots of very odd bits in it. On one level I'm a little amazed it got released.

Probably some Amy Pascal type idiots who were like "Batman + Superman in a movie = 500 trillion in expected profits!" and weren't concerned with making a GOOD movie

underrated post

the star wars prequels are miles ahead of disneys current cancer

>Weird

Because it doesn't hold you by the hand and spoonfeed you everything while cracking jokes every five minutes to make sure there never any real dramatic gravitas to anything?

>implying the buildup to the yoda fight scene with dooku was't pure hype.

Not him but it is just a weird movie. On a side note, do you know what a vagina feels like?

No it isnt. How can you even compare a finished trilogy to 1 movie?

>Implying the entirety of episode 2 wasn't shit

>giving one character more jokes means they are changing the whole movies
>somehow means Snyder didnt already okay these changes and decide on the reshoost before leaving

Cyborg literally said Whedon is just finishing up for Snyder.

no source, faggot.

You are the only one here who seems unhinged buddy--in your feverish attempt to seem superior to a made up strawman you completely misunderstood what that user was saying.

they didnt retcon anything you complete idiot

jesus christ what an immature faggot you are

>someone calls movie weird
>BECAUSE IT DIDN'T HAVE QUIPS RIGHT?!? HUH HUH
real mature

>Because it doesn't hold you by the hand and spoonfeed you everything

but it totally fucking did in NUMEROUS instances, like pic related

Or how he made them say Martha like 20 times before the infamous Martha scene, and then JUST IN CASE you're too retarded to piece it together, it's literally spelled out for you

>WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?
>It's his mother's name.

Like Jesus fuck, the movie really insults your intelligence with half of this shit

>DC making a frankenfilm again when doing that killed Green Lantern to fucking death