Where did it go wrong?

Ashi romance subplot killed it.

i wish months could pass between these fucking threads

maybe even years

>focus on and build ashi's character for the whole season
>kill her off in the last 2 minutes
Fucking cowboy bebop

Ashi

It became "Leaf Ninja Ashi ft. Samurai Jack".

It didn't, stay assblasted roneryfags

It didn't, stay mad.

stop making these threads

YOU HAVE ALL OF AKU'S POWERS!
And then it became Gurren Lagann but worse

>It didn't

Ending though.

Crappy epilogue.

After everything that happened, all the friends we saw come to Jack's aid and die trying to help him, after all the years spent struggling to find a way back to the past, and especially after time-paradoxing one of the only people Jack's been able to open up to and trust in decades, we - the audience - needed to have some kind of indication that it was all worth it. We needed to see some indication that the future was going to be a better place, some parting shots of different versions of some of the characters and places we'd gotten to know living the lives they were always meant to.

It was suppose to be a memorable death but this wasn't some long time Jack character. We've had adventures with Jack for four seasons, I don't give two shits about his sudden love interest. I care more about all the fucking characters he spent those four seasons saving are now just gone, including the dogs, Scotsman, Guardian.

Fuck, I got more upset when Scara died than Ashi. Scara had personality that I wanted to see more of. Ashi was George Lucas-tier of romance writing.

ABLOO BLOO BLOO

Episode 1-3 were so great that everything else felt like shit

No Mako

10 fucking episodes thats nothing

Focused too much on Ashi, not enough on Jack and Aku (but if Aku got more focus, more people would gripe about Greg's portrayal of him)

We still never found out who this was

Way too much dialogue.

I lose sleep over it.

i need to know

My best guess

Did not fit in with your narrow vision of perfection.

It went to shit after episode 3, plain and simple. I guess there's nothing to expect from Genndy anymore.

When it started to focus more on Ashi than Jack.

but the first three episodes were pretty amazing!

>One, Ashi needs to be louder, angrier and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Ashi is not on screen all the other character's should be asking: "Where's Ashi?".

Jack spoke more in single eps than he would in the past 4 seasons combined
Jack lost his sword because he accidentally killed a sacred pig and didn't think to mediate about it in over 50 years
Jack thought his sword was in a hole and didn't actually look inside it for 50 years
Ghost Shogun had nothing to do with the sword or anything at all really
Jack having to make tough choices about his situation without his sword was really only there for the first 3 episodes
Somehow no one found out about Jack not having a sword in 50 years despite being active enough for Scara to expect to find him
There was actually zero reason for this 50 year time skip at all
Greg Baldwin phoned it in for almost all his scenes to the point where his joke cover of My Way posted afterwards was way more in line with the character's voice
Ashi was able to solo entire armies without a scratch while Jack couldn't beat an army of bug bots without being half naked and covered in blood and oil
Ashi in general getting a pass to live by Jack and the creators, i.e. how she could survive the fall when other daughters were simply thrown but died
A season advertised as the big serious finale between Jack and Aku was mostly TV-PG and centered on romance
7/10 of the season couldn't match the tension of Jack and the Zombies from 15 years earlier
Ashi was voiced by Tara Strong and we have to face the fact that she hasn't been a decent voice actor in a very long time
Over time, Ashi actually did get louder, angrier, had a time machine, and when she wasn't on screen, the other characters asked "Where's Ashi"

Instead of just telling more fun adventures, the focus of the season was "ending Samurai Jack in epic fashion".

And then the ending was shitty and abrupt.

Needed more episodes.

The pacing was way off. Things felt extremely rushed, particularly near the end.

Maybe Samurai Jack also didn't need a resolution in the first place. Looking back, the ambiguity of Jack ever getting back and defeating Aku was part of the charm.

It's sort of like how not revealing the monster in a horror movie just makes it scarier. Your brain filling in the blanks about what happened at the 'end' of Samurai Jack was always more satisfying than any actual resolution.

I liked the bulk of it. I had mixed feelings on Ashi, but didn't hate her. The real problem was that ending. Everyone got erased. If it was a "they'll live on in a new world where Aku never existed" situation they should have established it. Without that, it looks like Jack wiped everyone we cared about from existence.

Are most people glad this exists?

I don't hate it, but I'd just as soon it not.

Beginning: dubious moral choices and tough decisions combined with some of the most intense and well-orchestrated scenes in SJ

Ending: rushed and unoriginal romance plot with mary sue character while fan loved ones get little or no spotlight and little to no epilogue and a lot of Jack's character development gets thrown out the window

>Jack obssessed about returning to the past
>Made countless irreplaceable friendships and bonds on his journey
>Literally could rule as an Immortal Demi-God if he killed aku and stayed in the future timeline
>1/100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
chance that any of the portals he quested for would actually send him back precisely back to the time Aku sent him

>Jack goes to the Guardian
>Long epic battle ensures
>Badly wounded guardian finally allows him to enter
>Aku quickly swoops in to finis off the Guardian and capture Jack

>Didn't look inside of it
Actually this is incorrect. Jack straight up says he went jumping into the pit to look for it.

The Future timeline has repeatedly been shown to be a complete shitshow, why would anyone stay?

the romantic shit killed it. Ashi was still cute tho not gonna lie, i actually liked her.

Pacing was off
Everyone expected allot of things to happen the way they wanted to but didn't

But I still enjoyed it,it was a fun ride

It was front loaded, everything of quality happened within the first four episodes, episode five on was just a downhill trek of disappointment.

Also, The Guardian being overtly referenced as killed really pisses on the heads of any long time fans.

This is the real question of the ages. She has to be someone from the past but who?

Everyone knew where it was going. Jack had sacrificed many attempts to get back in the past to help people in the present future. Getting back and changing the world was an obvious moral dilemma. The new season would finally address it and bring back all the characters from the show.

Instead they step right over it and send Jack back in a snap. No thought given to the time paradox. And then Ashi dies. Her death throat being "Jack, a time paradox".

Women ruin everything.

Nothing, Sup Forums just sucks

>Over time, Ashi actually did get louder, angrier, had a time machine, and when she wasn't on screen, the other characters asked "Where's Ashi"

Ayyy

never mind the fact that they devoted the entire season to building up a deuteragonist and love interest, but the last 5 minutes of the finale just wiped away the entire world and the characters we came to know throughout the entire series.

>We needed to see some indication that the future was going to be a better place, some parting shots of different versions of some of the characters and places we'd gotten to know living the lives they were always meant to.
This, this, this.

this

it's hard to care about the death of a character that was just introduced a few episodes ago, and only to force a shitty romance subplot

I was more emotionally invested in Scaramouche because he actually fucking had character and was entertaining as all fuck. Ashi was just a stereotypical "evil character turned good" type of thing with nothing much outside of that.

agreeing with the "first three were kino, downhill after that" sentiment

after E03, it became The Ashi Show ft. Samurai Jack

I think it was fine for what it is. There just weren't enough episodes to pull off what they wanted so the pacing killed it.

Ashi not dying with the rest of her sisters.

They kept the art style the same instead of actually making a good looking show.

Nothing.

There wouldn't have been a perfect way to end it.

But at least it was bittersweet which fits the mood of the show well, so I can't complain.

>All those wonderful sequences of silence with great music
>They evaporate once Ashi becomes Jack's ally, only a brief return during flashback.

God dammit