I'm watching this for the first time in a long time

I'm watching this for the first time in a long time.

I don't really like it. There's too many segments that I hate.

I think Animaniacs is just a thing not everyone loves but the majority also loves.
Its an opinion thing

There's certain segments I despise, for one the one with the little girl Mr Mcgooing everywhere to be saved by a dog.

>It's a Rita and Runt episode

Perfect time to go to the shitter

The way I see it is Animaniacs is mostly split into two sides. You have the Warners, Slappy and Pinky & Brain for more mature audiences and then everything else is more for a wider or general audience. I tried rewatching it recently too and after awhile I just skipped through skits instead of watching a whole episode.

there was really only two maybe three good segments: The Warner siblings, Pinky and the Brain and maybe Slappy. It's aged quite poorly also but I think you should watch Pinky and the Brain which is in my opinion the better of the 90's Speilberg cartoons.

To jerk off to Rita, right?

I only really like the Slappy and Pinky and the Brain segments.

As a kid, I found the Warners segments funny but now it's fucking obnoxious. Most of the adult pop culture references are always delivered in a "HAHA, GET IT?!" way where they look at the camera and wink. Not to mention most of the shit is dated now. Dot has the best jokes, Yakko is just whatever, and Wakko. Man fuck Wakko.

It's time for

>Good Idea

>Bad Idea

>WHAT'S THIS BROADWAY MUSICAL SHIT
>WHERE'S MAH CONSTANT BARRAGE OF ANVILS AND POP CULTURE REFERENCES
>I NEED A FUNNY
Unironically kill yourself.

But user, here's the thing nearly every casual pleb who watches Animaniacs misses: Rita & Runt is for more mature audiences as well. It's usually sadder than the other segments, especially when you see how cynical and world-weary Rita is compared to stupid innocent Runt. Hell, in the very first episode they have to escape an animal shelter because they're in danger of being to put to sleep.

You ain't foolin' anyone. You just want to fuck the cat

Good:
Yakko Wakko and Dot
Pinky and the Brain
Slappy Squirrel
Good Feathers
Chicken Boo
Good Idea Bad Idea
Mime Time
Randy Beaman kid

Bad:
Katie Kaboom
Rita and Runt
The Hip Hippos
Buttons and Mindy

I think it hits more in line with a general audience. Kinda like Disney movies.

You'd have a point if the songs weren't shit

>Hip Hippos

Holy shit please kill me. Worst fucking segment.

Only good thing that skit brought was that giraffe maid. Everything else was irredeemable.

>Good Feathers

No, see, it's funny because it's a Joe Pesci reference.

I'm convinced that the Hip Hippos was something of an in-joke that the writers found hilarious but that didn't remotely translate onscreen.

And I agree, though being in line with a general audience doesn't make it somehow less mature than the Warner segments. One is more musical and sentimental and the other is more slapsticky and jaded, but neither is thematically more mature than the other.

Honestly, I felt the same way as you about Rita and Runt when I was 9. But it's been 24 years since I first watched Animaniacs, and I've grown up.

Really though, considering killing yourself--there are no bad songs in Animaniacs. Especially not ones sung by Bernadette fucking Peters.

I'd put Slappy in the bad category.

>Putting Slappy in the bad category
If your sense of humor is that broken, why even watch the show at all?

>Tumblr