Is Slott a Monster?

He's definitely an asshole.

He's a shitty writer who won't leave the greatest character in comics history. I don't know if that makes him a monster but it sure makes for a tragedy.

He does edgy, controversial things for attention and then gets mad when all the attention he receives is negative.

>Kills hokey beloved characters
>Upset about backlash
This would be Tobey spiderman if they had the rights I swear

Goddamn this page pissed me off so fucking much, killing off one of my favorite spidey cartoons for the sake of edge. Same when he killed off marvel vs Capcom spidey.
what is his fucking endgame??? why can't he leave them be, or st least give them a legitimately cool moment to shine? is he biased?

He killed off MvC spidey too?
I'm actually fucking offended

The worst part about it is that he made a point to emphasize that they were innocent and happy and incapable of understanding whats happening to them.
Despite the fact that this isn't true for the actual cartoon but he had to go out of his way to make it as cruel as possible

found it

This kinda crap is why I dropped all my Marvel comics.
Except Squirrel Girl, shit is pure joy, page after mother fucking page.

I appreciate posts like this. It totally justifies my decision to stop reading Marvel all those years ago.

That's not even funny jesus christ. You know I actually got into comics due to the MCU in 2012 and Marvel has spent that entire time prying me away

yes, one of the worst.

He even tried to kill the Hostess ads one but failed (because they don't have the right to actually say Hostess so they killed a random knockoff candy bar ad Spidey instead)

What the fuck is wrong with Slott?

Who was he trying to entertain?

Why the fuck does anyone care about this? So what, he mock kills different versions of the character. You losers are hating just to hate.

>He killed off MvC spidey
IRC he killed off,
Amazing Friends Spider-Man, as showin in OP, MVC Spider-Man, Unlimited Spider-Man, Hostess Spider-Man and Sunday comic Spider-Man.

Fuck you, he's doing it for shock value. Pictures are intentions on paper. He wants people to feel the gut punch of losing these characters.
That's why he emphasized their innocence, that's why he went on twitter trying to retcon the marvel universe numbers to make sure you know that your favorite spiderman died a brutal and depressing death

Some people might not have had the best lives, a lot of people get cut a raw deal, and these characters, Spiderman especially (just look at that merch) mean something to people

Yes. And now to actually look at that image.

I know, its popular to shit on SG on Sup Forums but its one of the only Marvel comics I still like anymore desu

>Sunday comic Spider-Man
Stan Lee still writes though, right?

Please tell me Spider-Man Noir is doing OK!

I think that Spidey got saved

Here's as request from the drawthreads that was made I thinking before he killed the knock off

I don't think he'll ever admit it, but from the looks of things this event probably burned off the goodwill he got during Superior. The only saving grace is that his book is still outselling everyone else's at Marvel.

I think his world was messed up and disappearing and Morlun just fucked off

Dip that shit in black coffee or you will die from diabetes, Morlun!

Possible but supposedly Roy Thomas ghostwrites from time to time.

You know an event was lame when the most entertaining part was the one starring Miles and the Pete from the USM cartoon.

I don't have the image, but Sunday Spidey was actually spared, surprisingly. They did a gag about how slow things happen and then the Weaver or whatever squirreled it away.

That looks fun as shit.
How did they ruin it?

Yeah, newspaper strip Spidey lived. Morlun got in, realized time in there only moved once a week, got frustrated and left
One of the few mildly amusing parts to come out of the clusterfuck

This whole fucking event should have been an undiluted fun romp with at least a dragonball revival at the end but instead decided to be edgy disturbing trash

A cat gets eaten alive casually as some goofy thing. What the fuck man. That's the kind of shit twisted people write

Slott is more a product of the the current comic scene and modern event marketing dictating how storylines should go.

So you have an event you need to kill people all, so that the "stakes" feel real and won't get retconed,to hell and back(even though it will). Drive up fan controversy to get people to check it out. Subvert innocence of old stories so you can have a character lament "Back in the day if was only burglars and crazy scientist NOW WE FACE KILLERS". Spider-verse should have been treated as a fun goofy story that maybe should have brought back old creators to give their spidey's one last whirl. but because of it's need to be bogged down but what makes events suck.

Everyone jobbed, killed of beloved Spider-men.
Best thing out it were some of the new Spider-people.

I enjoyed Spider-Gwen and Peni Parker.
Peni still needs a run

Remember that one time Slott stalked that person on twitter and acted like a total douche.

He's probably in this thread. Slott, please quit or get a heart attack

I avoided Slott's ASM for a while but I picked up Spiderverse and I regretted it immensely. The event not only bored but it made me extremely salty that they brought back Leopardon for two pages just to have it job. Especially after saying for years how I'd love a Heisei era styled Supaidaman with a new Supaidaman that ends in a crossover.

Its loads funny that you get upset about it so by proxy the joke itself is funny

He did what?!?!?!

I hate everything about the character abut I'll write it forever! And you can't do nothing, because the alternative is even worse than me!

I think between that Twitter incident and Spider-Verse I ended up thinking it wasn't worth defending Slott anymore.

That is too much credit
He's a piece of shit

We can rest easy knowing Slott never touched the Marvel Adventures Spider-Man and best girl Chat.

>And you can't do nothing, because the alternative is even worse than me!
I'm willing to take that bet.

I realy wish Peni and Spider-Punk got an ongoing with same creative teams behind them. To this day I still think Spider-Punk is a way better black Spider-Man than Miles.

got it!

user Static Shock is a better black Spider-man than Miles.

>we live in the timeline where America Chavez got a series and Spider-Punk didn't

I'm not sure Punk's story could have held an entire series.
But damn he had style.

This is bad, but him murdering the Hostess Fruit Pies Spider-man is worse. That made me irrationally angry. There's some shit you don't do.

>someone who killed a character off to replace with his black OC

>someone who will drag the character through a course of shit because he would rather then suffer than live

Oh gee, i wonder which one is worse.

Wasn't Pete's death an editorial thing?

>Uses undeveloped tragedy-shock tactics to compensate for inability to write emotions
>Uses alternate universes to build up to a confrontation because he can't figure out how to end a fight without someone dying
>Is too insecure to have dumb fun with Spider-Man, a property that is by definition dumb fun
>Decides he needs an antagonist to kill dozens of beloved characters and be s00per strong who MUST be taken seriously, comes up with a vampire

No matter how much shit Slott drags Spidey through, it will never be as bloated, tragic, and comical as his own life

>comes up with a vampire
He didn't invent Morlun.

Though he did come up with the idea of Morlun being part of a family of vampires.

There needs to be more girls with that hairstyle

Slott is writing Superman?

No, he's writing Aquaman.

>Dan ______tt

Himself. His ego is large enough that he just writes the books for himself. Hence bringing back Doc Ock in a clone of Peter's body.

>How did they ruin it?
Miles was there. And Silk too.

Bendis isnt controlled by editors, least of all in the Ultimate line, which Bendis created.

>Unlimited Spider-Man
Who in Slott's mind was the 90's TAS Spider-Man.

So he killed one of the most popular incarnations of the character, the guy who saved the entire multiverse before, off panel.

>This is bad, but him murdering the Hostess Fruit Pies Spider-man is worse
He did WHAT?

Wait really?
I really do think that he'd kill the everliving hell out of Tobey Spidey if he could

The worst part is he made an active point in making the deaths as unceremonious and uncomfortable as he could get away with

and Slott couldn't kill Miles

That guy has some mental issues.

That's just not fucking funny

Don't worry bra. All of Slott's bullshit was undone by Franklin and Molecule man restarting the multiverse. They're good.

Isn't Mayday still fucked?

>Killed of MVC spidey
>Still appears in MVC:I
Like they couldn't make a joke how the guy can't be killed since he is a video game character or something?

With a new voice
The old one was based on Spectacular Spiderman, this one is Marvel's Spiderman

You know what makes me feel bad?

Since Secret wars happened right after this I just pretended all this shit was retconned into oblivion when the multiverse was revived

>You know I actually got into comics due to the MCU in 2012

What's so bad about it?

Wanda will fuck his shit up

tfw Spectacular spider-man was dead before Spider verse even started so he was sparred from all this.

>Took hits
>Perfect
This is making me as irrationally mad as the bullshit is making me rationally mad.

It's honestly better than not getting into comics at all like most shitters

What would the DC equivalent of this be? Killing the OG teen titans and the Justice League cartoons?

They already did this in the 00s when they had the wonderdog maul the Wonder Twins in Teen Titans.

The DC equivalent would be Teen Titans Go, but edgy.

TAS and Spectacular were saved from this shit, that doesn't even matter desu, so whatever.

inb4 someone says Spider-man Unlimited was TAS despite the contradictions.

No damage taken?

Whoops I meant Marv and Wendy, not the Wonder Twins.

>baww someone got into comics from seeing movies, I totally didn't get into comics because of cartoons
Look at this furry faggot and laugh.

>wonderdog maul the Wonder Twins
Why do comic writers pull this shit

Never let fanboys take over your industry.

Insecure adults who hate everything kiddie about capes.

Sissy.

>mfw he still couldnt beat the comic strip spidey because stan would suck his soul dry

Yes, he's been killing my favorite hero for years now with shit stories. I can't believe I actually miss the days when they were rotating writers on Spidey.

>slott in a nutshell

Will Slott be looked back on like McFarlane and Spawn?

I would take Bendis over Slott on Spider-Man in a heartbeat even though I haven't particularly enjoyed anything he's down in close to a decade.

>what is his fucking endgame???
He wants to be remembered. He wants his run to be remembered.
And since he doesn't have the chops to do it by writing memorable stories, he shits out spidey-event after spidey-event that "CHANGES E V E R Y T H I N G" so that he at least gets a few paragraphs on wikipedia.
Ironically, after he's finally done with Spider-Man, his run will only be remembered as the one to stay away from.

Don't you have a Silver Surfer run to neglect, Danny boy?