Why do all the best youtube animators become lets players?

why do all the best youtube animators become lets players?
youtube.com/watch?v=6s43RRJjrxw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rvpsWPWWDzA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you wanted to make a Shmorky thread, all you had to do was just make one, dude. No need for a bait OP.

Okay shmork's a sick fuck with a plethora of mental issues and all but this video seems like a retread of all the jokes made about him already. Low quality/10

because doing lets plays are more profitable and easy to make

Playing video games while talking about playing the game is easier than animating

ego raptor was a lousy animator, is a lousy lets player, and a sub standard human bean over all

Don't forget that Youtube screw over animations to start with and VERY HEAVILY promotes LPs ever since PDP hit it big.

in other news, the sky is blue

>Don't forget that Youtube screw over animations to start with

all they have to do is make a cartoon that is longer than 10 minutes
they could literally make a 1 minute cartoon followed by a 9 minute long making of featurette

- Animating for Youtube pays SHIT FUCK ALL.
- Doing Let's Plays, if managed properly, will actually get you some cash.
- Money can be exchanged for goods and servers.

1/16 of the effort, triple the profit.

>Doing animation for YouTube cash at all
I thought the point of independent animation was to not get money heavily involved.

>M-MUH ALGORITHIM
Guess what? If people actually cared about pursuing their passion projects, they wouldn't jump ship to something easier just because it gives less money.

Youtube """content creators""" are just jews trying to make an easy buck.

Y'all niggas know some people have to pay for their own food and bills, right?

The point of independent animation is to not be strong armed by a studio or shareholders to make animation about particular subject matter. They still wanna get paid for their work.

Fuck, I didn't realize that. If only there were positions that people applied to, exchanging services for payment.

Too bad those don't exist. I forgot the only way to make money was to be a super funni video game man.

Quit shilling your shit, emptyhero aka ManlyTears

If you could sustain yourself by playing videogames instead of working a 9 to 5, wouldn't you?

>ManlyTears
who?

I've thought about it, but I don't think I would. It fuels a retarded, unsustainable culture where 10 year olds write "Let's Player" as what they want to be when they grow up.

It preys on retards, and encourages kids to watch some dumbass play video games instead of enjoying them for themselves.

Best Shmorky work: youtube.com/watch?v=rvpsWPWWDzA

Emptyhero goes from awesome to insanely cringey in a fucking nanosecond.

doing video games for a living is actually draining as fuck, and i wouldnt recommend it if you actually enjoy video games as a hobby
you'll never want to play vidya in your downtime again

This. You fucking stupid or something? If I could get away with playing fucking video games for my "job" and also becoming super famous/more famous for it, why the fuck would I pass that up just because some spergs on a Mesopotamian Urn Smashing Forumn get upset about it?

The next question should be: why do they need money to make short animations, let alone so much money they don't have to work? There's lots of amateur web animators in Japan too and as far as I know they don't get any money for it.

You're "famous" to 13 year olds. You'd be about as morally respectable as the corporate shills behind the Emoji Movie.

>shmorky
>best

Have you sold your dignity user?

I thought it was because you are an introverted nerd with the charisma of a plastic bag that's been blown into a tree and gotten tangled up.

>people shouldn't be able to profit from their own labour

Oh sorry, I thought this was America.

>You're "famous" to 13 year olds
So?
I don't think you realise this but not only are you on a board dedicated to media geared towards the 12+ audience but the people who created/voice act etc. for them are famous among that crowd too.

And? No, seriously, what the fucks the problem? I wouldn't fucking care if I'm not "morally respectable" to assholes on the internet, let alone Sup Forums. If I'm making enough cash to live off of and becoming "famous", even if it's to kids, why the fuck would I choose a job working with people I probably hate and or would grow to hate with ungodly hours and having to deal with shitty customers?

>encourages kids to watch some dumbass play video games instead of enjoying them for themselves

I don't get why this is an issue, if the kids are having fun. And it's not even really like the concept of Let's Play is a new thing, kids have been watching others play video games for as long as single player games have existed. When I was a kid, schlepping over to the rich kid's house to watch him play his fancy new N64 and roast him for being bad at it was a pretty regular afternoon activity.

whats wrong with Weird Al?

>These poorfags with their "will suck cock for cash" attitude
Jesus.

It's bad when they get some weird and stupid stuff from them. My 9 year old brother and his friends are obnoxiously speaking in English all the time (which is kinda good) but when he curses more than me, now there's a problem.

Do you really not see the problem in raising kids on a new host of celebrities?

posting image macros and green text is not an argument

>kids aspire to be astronauts
>presidents
>artists
>actors
>HURR IM GONNA BE A YOU TUBE STARRRRRR
It's disgusting.

>Playing video games and recording yourself playing them while making commentary is the same as sucking cock
Great argument, really changed my whole viewpoint bro. Really made me see the error of my ways.

>mindlessly making funny faces and noises while you play video games isn't degrading

As opposed to raising them on the old celebrities?

As opposed to the old host of celebrities? Kids have always put entertainers on a pedestal.

I think it's kind of disingenuous to imply that because Let's Play videos are popular with kids, no kid is ever going to want to aspire to anything ever again.

Who said you have to make funny faces and noises?

>HURR WHY DO ALL ANIMATORS BECOME LPERS?
>WHY CANT THEY RELEASE A NEW ANIMATION EVERY DAY? JUST PRESS THE "MAKE CARTOON" BUTTON ON PC
Insightful words as awalys Sup Forums

>Markiplier
>Pewdiepie
>Oney Plays
>Game Grumps
Am I missing one?

Who said you had to do that if you don't want to? Who said you even had to do that if you wanted to be a LPer?

Game Grumps facecam their stuff now? Oney Plays facecams, even?

>That reaction image
You're a disgusting person, user.

More like
>HURR WHY DO ALL ANIMATORS THROW THEIR PASSIONS AWAY FOR MONEY
I mean, if they want to just make cash, being a LPer is definitely the way to go. But you can't think that egoraptor is going to go back to animating after he's done with Game Grumps, or Oney will bother putting effort into his animation.

They're all rich now, they don't care about pursuing whatever goals they previously had, and that makes you wonder why they had goals in the first place.

So you can only list four of them that over exaggerate. That's not a lot you know.
Hell I'm also willing to bet that a lot of long players get money from their work and they don't speak at all.

Funny seagull brothers are definitely Sup Forums.

The only four that are successful, you mean? Yes. Whatever obscure youtuber you enjoy that isn't a huge faggot? I promise he has a day job.

If you consider this to be a problem, its the responsibility of his parents and yours.

You literally sound like a soccer mom complaining about South Park or even The Simpsons.

>kids aspire to be astronauts
>presidents
>actors
Yes, fore shame our children are not aspiring to follow the dreams of previous generation and be ACTORS
>mindlessly making funny faces and noises while playing listening to the devils music isn't degrading

You are all making literally the same arguments previous generations have made about the new one regarding their entertainment and stars/celebrities. At least I am still hip and cool with the kids, can't wait to teach english to this kids and have them connect with the great gatsby through egoraptor.

>The only four that are successful, you mean?
You honestly think those are the only success stories?

I literally suck cock on camera for money and I agree with you that lp shit is degrading.

Most did it as hobbies when they were kids and teens on Newgrounds. They did what most people did with their dreams and goals, they grew out and up from them and got jobs. It's just that people like Egoraptor and Oney were famous and lucky enough to fallback on their established fame and scot by with playing video games as their main source of income.

>The only four that are successful, you mean?
Look, I know you have no idea what you're talking about, but can you not say shit as dumb as this and make it so obvious?

Wow, so they sold out on their dreams and decided to embrace a cash grab instead. Really makes u think

>they sold out their dreams

Are you their therapist or something? Where are you coming up with this "gave up on their dreams" stuff, how do you even know that's what happened? I mean, they grew up in the Nintendo age, for all you know playing video games for a living was their REAL dream.

Nigga i dont know why you act like you have the higher moral ground here, either you accomplished your dream and you're getting paid for it or you're still chasing it and prefer dying alone on the streets than getting a normal job

I unironically enjoy OneyPlays.

So eat my ass the lot of you.

>Ayden will never brap in Bailey's face

why live?

Question, what are you currently doing with your life?

Not him, sucking cock.

That's what everyone with a brain would do when making dumb internet cartoons that only literal 14-year-olds on a site full of them enjoyed 10 years ago is your main claim to fame.

Hell, all of Egoraptor's shit was about video games and anime, and now he plays video games for a living and can buy damn near any fancy vidya or weeb shit he wants. The dude's probably living his dream.

Most of Oney's videos were him just bullshiting around with friends before as well, wouldn't be surprised if he's happy with hanging out with his bros and shooting the shit while playing whatever dumb game they play that weekend is either.

>I mean, if they want to just make cash
Because they have to pay for food and electric bills and stuff.

>But you can't think that egoraptor is going to go back to animating after he's done with Game Grumps, or Oney will bother putting effort into his animation.

Egoraptor has always been a bad example as he started making animations because he wanted to voice act in them. THAT was his original dream as a kid, to be a voice actors. Oney can't put "effort" into his animations because it literally takes months to do so, and he doesn't live with his parents so he can't just afford to not make money for months.

Want to know an animator who never sold out? hotdiggedydemon. He recently had to give up his pets because he couldn't pay his bills and was homeless. Sup Forums shat on him for being irresponisble and not getting a real job.

>and that makes you wonder why they had goals in the first place.
Seriously, fuck off. You act as if everyone grew up to be what they wanted to be when they were kids/teenagers. And those who didn't should feel ashamed or some shit.

It's 'teenager who's sure he's gonna make it' talk is what it is.

I am still wondering why these web animators can't work on their animation without it being their full time job. A lot of people do all kinds of time-consuming stuff in their spare time, what makes these YouTube animators so special?

>all these lper apologists
Sup Forums really is underage

>FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS EVEN IF YOU END UP AS A HOBO, AT LEAST YOU'LL HAVE YOUR INTEGRITY
this fucking guy

They want to animate while still having free time to play video games. It's living the dream.

What a lot of people don't understand is that having more time for a project doesn't necessarily make it better, it just means you can spend more time on the product.

Look at Harry for example; years ago he managed to make a lot of animations in a year that sometimes weren't super high quality but were always pretty entertaining and well received.
Now he does that for a living and isn't even able to release one animation per year anymore because he spends so much time trying to make it look perfect and even hired external animators and artists to further polish it.

And in the end it's only going to be another Youtube video that most people will have forgotten within a few days.

>why do all the best youtube animators become lets players?
in a nutshell is still pure you bastard

Animating pays as much as Breathing.
And by that I mean, it pays absolutely nothing because the money comes from advertising and has more to do with popularity than skill.

>hobbies must now be done for monetary gain
Oy vey, who could be behind these posts?

beats bein a wagie

>hobbies can't be done for monetary gain
>hobbies can't be done to put food on the table
>hobbies can't be whatever you want them to be
This is the kind of retard now trawling Sup Forums.

The point is, they abandoned their hobbies because they weren't profitable.

And why do you think that is user.

the capitalist jews controlling the world that require people to make money to be able to continue living, resulting in people being unable to use their limited time for their hobby

If you're real quiet, you might just hear Shmorky in the distance paying rent.

>making money
>living

I didn't realize Sup Forums were such soulless sellouts

>It's a "20 year olds who work in IT think other people shouldn't be allowed to have an easier and better paying job than them because they don't personally approve of it" episode

Is Schmorky even alive anymore?
Last time I checked, he got hauled off to the hospital.

>pic
This is satire right?

Nah, Zenpencils is dead serious.
And also economically retarded, what with his one-size-fits-all solution to everyone with a ruined life is to become an artist.

I mean you can easily make a stick figure animation in a day so its not that hard unless if you heighten your standards

>so its not that hard

*so it's not that hard

And in that day a lets player can make content for a week.

>make

>a lets player

*a let's player

How can I get all three of you inside the same gas chamber at once