Rick and Morty

>DUDE MINDLESS GORE AND BLOOD!
>LOOK HOW EDGY WE ARE!
>WE ADULT NOW!

So Rick and Morty has pretty much become Mr Pickles 2.0.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u3xxurI3Z-Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The new writers aren't very good.

>no this episode DIDN'T traumatize me and GoTG is good dammit

Do we count the gore in the pilot episode as mindless?

I thought this episode was marginally better than Pickle Rick. Pickle Rick is by far the absolute worst episode of the whole show.

Get Schwifty is the worst episode.

What about the one in Rick Potion N9? What about the one in Tiny Rick? What about Look Who's Purging Now? Gore was always in the show, these are just newfags looking for easy (you)s

The purge episode? That time Rick's spaceship made a clone of a soldiers child and killed them? Morty almost getting raped? The Morty torture shield? You're just realizing the show has edgy, gory, shock humor now?

hey some people need it spelled out in giant bold type before they get the impact

that's why I don't trust the rick and morty criticism Sup Forums likes to give, they all act like they never watched it in the first place, I'm pretty certain these are just autists with a hateboner for it looking for a way to scare off people who haven't seen it yet so that the show won't get even more popular than it already is

both actually great episodes

ITT
>contrarians act unimpressed by a popular show so they can get approval from other contrarians

I'd argue that the old ones weren't that great either.

Why do people comment on shows they've never seen?

>>DUDE MINDLESS GORE AND BLOOD!
>>LOOK HOW EDGY WE ARE!

not understanding the point of the gore and the contrast the with silly challenges

They weren't, but they focused more on the comedy, and less on this "lore" and "badassery" rubbish they've started doing since mid season 2 at least.

Eh, I was busy being impressed that they actually referenced/mocked something as specific as MCU Tony's panic attacks.

No, this was so good. I'm autistic myself, so seeing him patronise Morty and minimise his worth down to him being disabled only to suffer a horrible, brutal death was absolutely fantastic.

The same reason everyone assumes all episodes of nu-simpsons are bad or that every episode of family guy is mindless gore and cheap drama, they want to have opinions on popular stuff to get attention, but aren't really interested in forming their own

it was ok.
it lacked the deep meaning of the earlier seasons
were is the scene that he's gonna kill himself again?
why don't we explore the multiple universe theory anymore?
i'm missing the wow moment, the twist after the episode

rick said this was their darkest season.
killing and goriness falls into that catagory, so why are people complaining when they give us that?

because we don't want it.

> Implying Tiny Rick episode was good
The fact that this season is bad doesn't imply previous seasons didn't have 1 o 2 bad episodes.

It's just shitposters, my man
When you're in the live threads, they're strangely chill. After the episodes air, the shitposters take the points from the live threads and use them to shitpost about a show they didn't even watch

This show is starting to become more and more like Family Guy.

No it's not

>renegade soldier freaks out and talks about how he is triggered and needs a safe space
>gets killed in a brutal violent fashion

What did they mean by this?

haha yeah is he /ourguy/ haha based

The episode was too tryhard.

>late to the party on making fun of Superheroes, particularly the Avengers/JLA is actually dysfunctional gag, a joke that's been done so many times over the last 15 years, it's not funny anymore.
>movie references guys. Remember Saw?
>episodic reminder that nothing matters and there are no consequences for choices

>Mindless Gore and Blood
>A bad thing

yeah that was weird. he should have said "Uh I think I know what I'm doing Rick, I'll be fine, I'll just scout a way out." and then die in the vent.

Mr. Pickles is better than Rick & Morty though. Maybe it is just because I live technically in the south (Virginia) but the humor is spot on to the type of people that exist. Kinda like King of The Hill in that sense. Also a devil dog doing good mostly for his owner have a sweetness to it.

Rick & Morty was a good idea that just being used like toilet paper now. It isn't even about a scientist and his grandson anymore, it is about whatever the fuck the writers want to write that day. Hell out of the new episodes only one had Rick go to a different dimension, the rest was just in different areas of the wacky world with rick doing wacky things like turning himself into a pickle. At least Mr. Pickles (even if you may hate it) know what the fuck they are doing and can stick to that theme while keeping the humor going. Rick & Morty can't even do that much anymore.

I think what I hated the most was the opener of the episode
DUDE WE STERILIZED THE HUMAN RACE, ISN'T THAT RANDUM?

Some people don't like watching characters get graphically mauled. Even worse when the show asks you to care about the characters or get invested in them somehow, but then does a total 360 and goes "what are you, a baby? It's just a cartoon!"

I'm not a R&M fanboy but honestly this ep was basically a typical ep for the show. There's no difference in quality at all.

Gore is a pretty fucking common theme of Rick & Morty.

I'm genuinely struggling to think of an episode where someone didn't die an extremely brutal death.

The fanbase is split between those who want a continuous plot overrall, and those who want it to be an adventure of the week style show.

>This episode was the worst
>This episode was great
>The writing is shit now
>The writing was shit all along
>The writing is great
>Tfw new to the series and forced to make own opion because of selfhating fanbase
Not as bad as DBS threads so good on you

You know OP's a faggot when a tripfag is actually right.

This episode wasn't half bad. The only issue I had was the obvious edgy fakeout with noob noob being the thing Rick cared about. Maybe it is because I like the fact that Morty is the only thing Rick kinda cares about. Insert theories that Morty is young Rick or is the reason Rick discovers dimensional travel. The rest of it was an average R&M episode. Not nearly as bad as the previous 2 episodes but not as good as the majority of S1.

Say what you want, but I would love to have Crocobot and Ghost train nigger in my capes roster.

wait...how dud Vance know Morty had a learning disability? this detail was shocking news for morty in the first episide

Rick and Morty is basically Mr Pickles and Family Guy fused together.

There were such things as Metalocalypse and Super Jail.

He never forgets a kid.

Who said anything about GOTG?

Yeah, they were clearly making fun of the Avengers.

youtube.com/watch?v=u3xxurI3Z-Y

>trips responding to dubs
Kek has spoken

Anyone have a link?

Harmon hates GoTG, but this was more about the avengers.

It's always been this violent

I just realized I'm retroactively mad they didn't use the dumb pickle rick shit to do an extended veggie-tales parody

100% Correct. A+. You're going to college.

Pickle Rick was the embodiment of everything wrong with the show in one episode.

This BY FAR

to be fair this episode was actually LESS violent than others, having most deaths happening off screen, I hope for comedic purpose not some PG-13-ishness

With whom? Who the hell would he vegetate?

I dunno but for how much this show likes to make fun of god not existing it seems like a big missed opportunity.

This episode would've worked better if we were actually introduced to the Vindicators before hand.

>how much this show likes to make fun of god not existing

What are you talking about?

Rick has faltered in his disbelief before. They made fun of religion in the get shwifty episode. Beyond that, they don't really bring him up that much. Another time I remember was in "The Ricks Must Be Crazy." Even then the point had more to do with existence.

Why?

Its a nothing episode, since we don't care for the Vindicators. They start as douches and become assholes. And they drop like flies and carry no consequences. If this had been in Morty's school with his classmates you'd have something. Anything. This was just shit.

With all the complaints and suggestions I'm hearing it makes me wonder do you even know what you want?

That scene was so good

>I HATE THING
>LET ME KEEP TALKING ABOUT THING THAT I HATE TO BRING MORE ATTENTION TO IT
>I BLAME THE FEMALE WRITERS
>LET ME MAKE IT SO THAT OTHERS WILL STAND UP FOR THEM
>show gets more popular and the female writers are seen as victims

Good job guys. Keep stoking that flame.

Better version.

Why are you even surprised.
Rick and Morty has been "xkcd meets Family Guy" from day one.

>I'm eating a cucumber right now
huh figures

that too like that's going to bite them back in the ass again

It's pretty obvious that Morty doesn't have a learning disability i think it was just Vance being a dick to Morty

This.
I actually liked pickle Rick, but commentary on Saw and Superhero squads are so overdone. I mean, watchmen made basically all of these points what, 30 years ago? And I think saw was parodied in scary movie which is a clear sign that it's been done to death.

i rewatched the pilot and i think rick insulted morty like twice, but at the end said morty was his friend and they were going to go on lots of adventures and do great things
now rick is 'le i don't need you theres plenty of other clones of you i am le unfeeling cold dick'

Eh I thought this episode was better than the previous one. Had a bit more bite to it, wasn't some faux-character-development.

Yeah, like in Rickmancing the Stone where he leaves Morty and Summer and replaces him with a bot, only to retrieve Morty and Summer.

What does Harmon not hate

>So Rick and Morty has pretty much become Mr Pickles 2.0.
No, it's become Mr. Pickle RIIIIIIIICK!!!! seriously though, he should've stayed a pickle for the rest of the season.

>now rick is 'le i don't need you theres plenty of other clones of you i am le unfeeling cold dick'

This is nothing even remotely new in the show.

And Rick made it clear at the end of S03E01 that his only reason for saving Morty and Summer was to keep his daughter's trust, get rid of Jerry, and further his own interests.

my point was that pilot rick > s3 rick. letting new writers come on was a mistake, because they've made rick overpowered and incredibly douchey/almost unlikeable

His farts

I liked it

>make it a point that Rick doesn't have his portal gun
>never retrieves the portal gun
>major plot point in s3e1 that portal gun is most valuable item in the universe
>Beth and Summer out of nowhere on alien planet

>never retrieve the portal gun
They were trapped you fuck fag fuck nig

Felt like something on Newgrounds.

So was the point of the last challenge to shit on Morty? Or was it calibrated for Noob-Noob, but not specifically enough to discriminate between him and Morty? Or was he so drunk that anything on the panel would've worked?

This episode could have been so much better if it had some sleek changes

>instead of killing the heroes, trick the audience by making them dissapear in ricks traps
>make ghost train nigga disappear instead of dying by ants man hands (or anthlers?)
>have nebula girl kill ant man as the episode did
>make all the dissapeared heroes appear at the end in the party while nebula girl tries to escape

just remove the gore for fucks sake

What did you expect? Most (though not all) Adult Swim shows that mess with TV-MA-V ratings tend to use gore and grossout/shock humor in place of actual jokes.

they were trapped at the party?

>DUDE
>BUZZWORDS
>LMAO

This whole thread in a nutshell

What do I want? The same thing that any nihilistic person needs, that the show marvels me with the implications of an indifferent universe but I exist and I able to think enough to be able to appreciate its intrinsic beauty.

>Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Come and watch TV.

And the TV shows me the incredibles possibilities of the multiverse without necessary the existence of a supreme intelligence and its existence in its extension stills beautiful and intrigues me.

>tips fedora.

South Park had a lot of senseless gorn, but their artstyle was less unpleasant for it.

O-ok.

dang how bad are dbs threads?

>>DUDE MINDLESS GORE AND BLOOD!
>>LOOK HOW EDGY WE ARE!
>>WE ADULT NOW!

this has literally been the show since s1, the show has always been edgy as fuck

why do people do this revisionism and act like there was a time when the show had some high-brow 5-star drama writing? because it never did

the first and second seasons had jokes about retarded people eating poop, and "TINY RIIIIICK" and ripoffs of the purge and lolsorandumb skit episodes and senseless violence all the time

literally fucking halfway s1 rick lets the world go to shit and they find a new one. he's been an overpowered douche since pilot when he screams in mortys face that it's all a manipulation and he only needs morty because he's so stupid his brain waves counter his own

like the fuck that's his whole character. it's just some this basic deconstruct of the whole back to the future old man mentor sci fi shit.

goddammit the whole shitty point of this show is "look at us deconstruct sci fi memes for jokes" and you either like that shit or you don't. Bitching about it is wasted time. Like you might as well point out that all robot chicken is just nostalgic kids cartoons turned into swearing edgy nonsense, which yeah but some people like that humor and there's no point in feeling superior for just autisticly explaining the joke and then saying you don't find it funny.

How so?

LOL MINDLESS VIOLENCE!
GORE AND BLOOD!
LOOK HOW EDGY AND ADULT WE ARE!

OP is a gigantic faggot. Tons of cartoons have been doing extreme violence for ages. Its nothing new.

I'M A PICKLE, WHADDYA THINK ABOUT THAT
~rapid fire dabs~

>those Farscape action figures in the background

I know this is a bait, but Itchy and Scratchy are an obvious satire about the overuse of pointless violence in service to humor.