What are the Amazons' superpowers? I know they're immortal, but what else are they capable of?

What are the Amazons' superpowers? I know they're immortal, but what else are they capable of?

How powerful is the most powerful Amazon who isn't Wonder Woman?

Basically "peak human".

When Artemis took the mantle of Wonder Woman, she had to use special relics to give her powers.

Depends on the era. Generally, stronger than the average woman thanks to Amazonian training. Most of their power comes from the magical belt that makes them unconquerable. They fought one battle without out it and lost so hard their patron goddess scooped them up and put them on an magical island where they would never have to worry about losing a battle again.

Also for a while the Amazons had a magic portal that let them see through space/time, which let them cheat harder than TO Morrow.

They can't even lift a car over their heads? I thought Hippolyta was able to best Heracles in combat.

Hippolyta is traditionally the daughter of Ares. She gets that demi-god bonus

Didn't they give Mercy Graves super strength once and explain it was because she was from Paradise Island?

I also recall an Amazon character who could Wolverine style regenerate because of the effects of the Purple Ray.

Hippolyta had Hestia's girdle, which gave her improved strength and in some versions made it so she literally could not be defeated by a man.

She was in pre-Crisis, Byrne retconned it back in at the tail end of his Wondie run but literally everyone ignored it. According to Perez's run and everything after Byrne, Hippolyta, like the other Amazons, was formed from the clay on the bottom of a lake by Athena, Hera, Aphrodite, Artemis, and Hermes.

>They fought one battle without out it and lost so hard their patron goddess scooped them up and put them on an magical island where they would never have to worry about losing a battle again.

This is very patethic.

Like Aquaman/Starfire tier maybe

Originally Hercules cheated.

Post-Crisis Hippolyta BTFO Heracles, then they all went to party and Heracles drugged the wine and imprisoned all the Amazons. Aphrodite agreed to free Hippolyta so she could save her sisters, on the condition that they wouldn't take vengeance on Heracles' men. But the Amazons went berserk and slaughtered them all anyway.

Half the Amazons repented, and as punishment they had to live on Themyscira and guard Doom's Doorway for all eternity, because they failed their mission of spreading peace and love to the world.

The other half of the Amazons said "fuck you, they deserved to die", denounced their gods and had their immortality taken from them. Those ones became nomads and eventually became the "historical" Amazons, the ones that were violent, hated men and kept men locked in stables as "breeding stock".

I miss the Amazon's advanced technology.

I bet you miss the kangaroos too.

why did hermes get to be in on it

Most likely just because in the Golden Age, Swiftness of Hermes was one of Diana's powers and they wanted to keep that.

Alternatively, maybe Hermes is a numale.

They were great. Anyone who denies it is lying

How else would she fly?

>Hermes + Aphrodite = ____

Damn right I do. Kangas are great.

Fuck you

>implying a Tamaranean princess can't take a few hits in a friendly competition against fellow trained warriors
And comics Raven continues to demonstrate why nobody gives a shit about her.

Polly has to be thinking that this willowy little twerp needs to stop crying over every little thing and grow some damn ovaries.

>amazons are peak human
but they thicc?

Peak human implies thicc.

proofs or you are lying